Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 10:42:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is kraken.com a scam?  (Read 15020 times)
Faince1985

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 06:58:53 PM

I think it's a real site and it has relationship with a bank (not sure),There are complaints of problems in SEPA currently. I suggest you search for the site topic on here and do some investigations first before using it.

LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1011

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2013, 07:14:24 PM

heard nothing bad about it until now. they are new. lets give them a chance (but dont store coins or money there)

totoro156

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 07:39:05 PM

I sent 50 LTC to Kraken 48 hours ago. The transaction is showing as on hold in my account and they don't reply to my ticket.
safebit

Activity: 1

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 01:18:11 AM
Last edit: December 01, 2013, 10:28:04 AM by safebit

I deposit today 5 BTC and after I can not login. All pass, login + 2 factor OTP is right. WTF?  

UPDATE: after some hours I can login. I do not understand,what it was..
Yigiscythe

Activity: 12

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 01:35:05 AM

I'm using kraken without any complaints for a few weeks now

I wired €, spent them on different coins as well as some ripples and nothing bad happened so far. No problem with transfers to another wallet either
They're safe
qikplay

Activity: 2

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 03:36:46 AM

kraken was trading in litecoins before mtgox did, those are getting pricy
samba2014

Activity: 4

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 03:25:00 PM

Since a few days with Kraken.com so far so good.
Today withdraw of Bitcoin is after a few hours still pending - I mean not pending in the network. It is still pending to payout by Kraken.com

Little bit concerned about that - keep you informed.
Sonny

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 03:46:50 PM

always use the most famous trading site and stand out of the new 1

No, MTgox= scam

The most used is not always the best.

Furthermore Kraken.com is associated with Fidor bank so security is not an issue.

Mtgox is the most infamous exchange lol.
Stay away from it.
MegaHustlr

Activity: 601
Merit: 500

Vote 4fryn :)

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 05:08:40 PM

Hope its not

dont think it is by all the reviews from users above.

▄  ▀▄▄   ▀▄▄ ▀▄ ▀▄
             ▀█▄▄▄▄███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████ ▄
         ▀████▀▀    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▀███▄
 ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▀      ██▀▀     ▄██▀▀▀   █     ██
██    ▀█  ▄█▀▀▀▄  ▀█   ▄█▀   ▄▄▄ ▀██  █▀▀▄▀▄

▀▀▀   ▐█ █▌    ▐▌  █  ▐█ ▄█▀▀   █ █  ▄▀ ▄█ ▌
      ▐▌ ▀█ ▄▀▄█  █▀  █  █      ▐▌ █▀ █    ▀▄
      █     ▄█▀  ▀▀▀▀▄█  ▀█▄▄▀ ▄▀  █▄ █  ██ ▐▌
     █   ▄███▄▄███▄▄▄▄       ▄█▄▄▄▄ █▄    ▀  █ ▄
   ▄█▀▀▀▀     █▀      █   ▄█▀▀███    ▀▀▄▄   ▄██
  ▐█         ▐▌       ▐▌▄▀     ██        ▀███ ▐█
  █           ▀▄      ▐█▀       ▀█           ▀▀
  █▄           ██     ██         ██▄
   █▀            ▀     ▀          ▀█▀

▄████▄▄    ▄
██             ████████████▀
████▄         █████████████▀
▀████████▄▄   █████████████
▄▄█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
  ▀██████████████████████
   █████████████████████
    ▀█████████████████▀
      ▄█████████████▀
▄▄███████████████▀
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▄████████
    █████▀▀▀▀
   ▐████
   ▐████
████████████
████████████
   ▐████
   ▐████
   ▐████
   ▐████

▄██▄▄                ▄▄██▄
  ████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
▄████████████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████████▌
█████▀                  ▀█████▌
████    ███▄      ▄███    ████▌
████   ▐████      ████▌   ████
 ███    ▀██▀      ▀██▀    ███▀
  ▀██▄                  ▄██▀
    ▀▀██████████████████▀▀

▄██▄
     ▄      ▐████   ▄▄
   █████     ██████████
    █████████████████▀
 ▄████████████▀████▌
██████████     ▀████    
 ▀▀   █████     ██████████
      ▀████▌▄████████████▀
    ▄▄▄███████████████▌
   ██████████▀    ▐████
    ▀▀▀  ████▌     ▀▀▀
         ▀███▀
OpenPay

Activity: 26

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 06:03:37 PM

I would be careful.  Very, very careful.
They might be well intentioned, but I see absolutely nothing at all on their site about who's behind it.  I mean the legal, verifiable stuff.  Things like trading licenses, where they're incorporated etc.

I doubt they have intent to scam, but I would worry about the realistic prospects of them being shutdown by $gov or $deity and you never seeing your money again.
Many of us thought Bitcoinica was legit too, and it had about as much info on the site as Kraken.  At this moment in time, I expect them to share a similar fate.

If I'm wrong and this stuff is there and posted in accordance with the law then I'll post a retraction, but seriously as much as I want to like these guys they really don't look legit to me.
Isildur23

Activity: 178
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 06:49:00 PM

Jesus, kraken is not a scam, don't be so paranoic Wink

Ties are a prison for the soul...
btc_shell

Activity: 55

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 03:34:00 PM

Be careful, Be careful!!!

Here's what just happened to me.  I found this thread by searching google about kraken "acceptable states".

I applied over a week and a half ago to Kraken, got the welcome and confirmation email and didn't read them (never do that).

So then I proceeded to go through the steps quickly to level 1, 2, and 3 verification.  I gave them SSN, addresses, copy of DL, scan of Utility bill, etc...  then, I receive an email back from simply "Pam", no last name etc, stating that some of the information didn't match with what I typed in.  True enough, autocomplete had filled in a wrong address, so I corrected it with Pam, who was cheerful and ready to help.  It took about a week of emailing back and forth, more discussion about my real address in the States etc.  AFTER about a week I get the email again from "Pam" stating congrats I'm verified!  Level 3 Whoopy!  So I say thanks for the help.

Then-
next day I write an email that I'm wiring my first transfer from my US account  amount $8000 approximately.

No response-  not really a problem right?

I wait Friday, Sat, Sunday, Monday, ... then-  I get a response from "Pam" this is what it essentiallly says-  "Unfortunately we don't give more than level 1 Verification (only deposit of virtual currency allowed) to anyone from (your state).  I said that (somewhere buried in) the confirmation email you got.  Do you remember reading that?"

What?  First, my bad for not reading that- it indeed is there- but WHY THE HELL GO THROUGH 8 DAYS OF EMAILING DOCUMENTS AND ID which are CLEARLY from that state???

No response yet.

I'll tell you why-  I hadn't sent the wire yet, but they counted on that I had.  My money would be G, O, N, E.

Folks, she spent a week with me discussing my license, my address in (forbidden state), my DOB, my SSN, etc..  They KNEW I was from that state.  Unfortunately for me I hadn't read the confirmation email. Lesson learned.  The only explanation other than flat-out lameheadedness on "Pam"'s part is this-  they waited several days for me to initiate a wire.  Why?
Dargo
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 09:30:39 PM

Be careful, Be careful!!!

Here's what just happened to me.  I found this thread by searching google about kraken "acceptable states".

I applied over a week and a half ago to Kraken, got the welcome and confirmation email and didn't read them (never do that).

So then I proceeded to go through the steps quickly to level 1, 2, and 3 verification.  I gave them SSN, addresses, copy of DL, scan of Utility bill, etc...  then, I receive an email back from simply "Pam", no last name etc, stating that some of the information didn't match with what I typed in.  True enough, autocomplete had filled in a wrong address, so I corrected it with Pam, who was cheerful and ready to help.  It took about a week of emailing back and forth, more discussion about my real address in the States etc.  AFTER about a week I get the email again from "Pam" stating congrats I'm verified!  Level 3 Whoopy!  So I say thanks for the help.

Then-
next day I write an email that I'm wiring my first transfer from my US account  amount $8000 approximately.

No response-  not really a problem right?

I wait Friday, Sat, Sunday, Monday, ... then-  I get a response from "Pam" this is what it essentiallly says-  "Unfortunately we don't give more than level 1 Verification (only deposit of virtual currency allowed) to anyone from (your state).  I said that (somewhere buried in) the confirmation email you got.  Do you remember reading that?"

What?  First, my bad for not reading that- it indeed is there- but WHY THE HELL GO THROUGH 8 DAYS OF EMAILING DOCUMENTS AND ID which are CLEARLY from that state???

No response yet.

I'll tell you why-  I hadn't sent the wire yet, but they counted on that I had.  My money would be G, O, N, E.

Folks, she spent a week with me discussing my license, my address in (forbidden state), my DOB, my SSN, etc..  They KNEW I was from that state.  Unfortunately for me I hadn't read the confirmation email. Lesson learned.  The only explanation other than flat-out lameheadedness on "Pam"'s part is this-  they waited several days for me to initiate a wire.  Why?

Hi btc_shell - I assure you that we were not trying to take your money. If you had sent us a bank deposit, it would simply have been returned to you. What you did was to get "pre-verified" for tier 3, so you are ready to go once we offer this level of service in your state. I understand that this isn't what you wanted to do, but other people do want to do this.

I spoke to our verification team about reminding users in states we cannot yet service for bank funding that we can only offer them tier 1 services at the present time and that they are only getting pre-verified. Our verification support staff process very many applications each week, so they are usually just focused on the steps needed to get you through the process. But I've asked them to be more aware of the bigger picture and to point things out to users that they might not be aware of.

When you first create your Kraken account, we send you an email with the subject "Account for Kraken confirmed" that explains what services we can currently offer in your area. Also, when you first log into your account, a message appears that asks you to check your email for an important message we've sent you. So we do make an effort to let our users know right away if we can't offer all our services in their area. But we understand that it's pretty easy to overlook this email, so we'll consider other ways to notify users about any account limits in their area.
MakeBelieve

Activity: 602

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 09:37:08 PM

Kraken is legit and has been serving the community for a long time now.

On a mission to make Bitcointalk.org Marketplace a safer place to Buy/Sell/Trade
alex_bronco

Activity: 33

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 09:11:37 AM

most likely not! but you'll never know exactly before trying
fatnlovelyfred

Activity: 63

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 10:06:27 AM

Used it a couple of times, all went well.
gorgoros

Activity: 14

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 10:53:06 AM

Use a chinese site, are better Wink
TonyZX

Activity: 101

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 01:55:22 PM

It is not a scam. This company is quite new in the market - it's late in the game, and liquidity and user trust takes a lot of time to build.

Bitcoin is our past, present and future!
Baitty

Activity: 532

Currently held as collateral by monbux

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 02:14:25 PM

It's a new exchange but I would trust it more than any other exchange at the moment but they haven't got the most options available.

Currently held as collateral by monbux
goebat

Activity: 89

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2014, 04:05:06 PM

Kraken is going to become one of the big players if you ask me.  They just need more volume.

My Shapeways shop
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->
FREE BTC every hour           |          More FREE BTC           |          Trade GH/s and mine BTC in the cloud           |          Scrypt cloud mining          |          Bitcoin Pyramid          |
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: