Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 01:03:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is kraken.com a scam?  (Read 15018 times)
croato

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

1BkEzspSxp2zzHiZTtUZJ6TjEb1hERFdRr

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 12:11:52 AM

It is not scam for sure, they are just new. I am using their service and no problem happened ever.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sahana

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 09:46:44 AM

I was just looking for exchanges to buy.
Now I figured https://www.kraken.com/ , but this exchange has 24h volume of just 2.5BTC.
Is this website a scam??
Sincerely,
Supreme Leader of Democratic People's Republic Korea
Kim Jong Un

To know that site legit or not you can follow these methods given below:
You can read user reviews, problems, their quires, responses and rating about the site in http://webutation.net   

You can also do a whois search in the site WhoisXY.com  and know the owner, technical, administrative contact details etc.. you can use the phone number or email id which you get in whois search and try to contact the person and clarify your doubts.

If the site has SSL certificate it is good site for transactions. SSL certificate enabled site looks like https://paypal.com.
Sonny

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 10:01:07 AM

If the site has SSL certificate it is good site for transactions. SSL certificate enabled site looks like https://paypal.com.

A site with SSL simply means the data is encrypted when it is transfered to and from the server.
It doesn't really tell you much if the site is scam or not IMO.
zgums

Activity: 10

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 02:56:37 PM

Kraken is scam. They have defrauded me 2436 EUR total. I made 2 transfers over 2 months ago. The receiving bank returned the transfers back due they don't like Bitcoin. After several support tickets and emails, after a month ago i got this response below from Kraken. A month passed, waited weeks and emailed them about the status, and there is no response. Last week i wrote every day, still no response. I believe my money has been defrauded by Kraken. My email wording was very polite and friendly. They simply do not response. I have taken another support ticket, also no response. I don't know what to do else.

Sophia clearly confirms the receipt of both transfer by Fidor bank a month ago. But no funds in my account and NO RESPONSE from Kraken any more.

This is scam. I'll update here if this issue gets resolved.

> ACBER**        03-05-14 12:32:48 +0200        Wire Transfer        EUR 1,147.08
> ACBW5**        02-25-14 10:29:46 +0200        Wire Transfer        EUR 1,289.71
> ----------------------------------------------
>
> Sophia, Apr 14 12:43
>
> Hello,
>
> Apologies for the delay; however, we were awaiting a response from Fidor
Bank.  Fidor Bank has acknowledged that the withdrawals were returned, and
I have requested that they credit your Kraken account with the returned
withdrawals immediately.  I will confirm with you once I
receive an update from the bank.  Thanks so much for your patience as we
work to resolve this issue.
>
> Best,
>
> Sophia
> Kraken Support
TrailingComet

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 03:04:49 PM

I am surprised that fidor returned the funds
Always thought they are btc friendly

kuroman

Activity: 588
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 03:08:56 PM

Kraken is scam. They have defrauded me 2436 EUR total. I made 2 transfers over 2 months ago. The receiving bank returned the transfers back due they don't like Bitcoin. After several support tickets and emails, after a month ago i got this response below from Kraken. A month passed, waited weeks and emailed them about the status, and there is no response. Last week i wrote every day, still no response. I believe my money has been defrauded by Kraken. My email wording was very polite and friendly. They simply do not response. I have taken another support ticket, also no response. I don't know what to do else.

Sophia clearly confirms the receipt of both transfer by Fidor bank a month ago. But no funds in my account and NO RESPONSE from Kraken any more.

This is scam. I'll update here if this issue gets resolved.

> ACBER**        03-05-14 12:32:48 +0200        Wire Transfer        EUR 1,147.08
> ACBW5**        02-25-14 10:29:46 +0200        Wire Transfer        EUR 1,289.71
> ----------------------------------------------
>
> Sophia, Apr 14 12:43
>
> Hello,
>
> Apologies for the delay; however, we were awaiting a response from Fidor
Bank.  Fidor Bank has acknowledged that the withdrawals were returned, and
I have requested that they credit your Kraken account with the returned
withdrawals immediately.  I will confirm with you once I
receive an update from the bank.  Thanks so much for your patience as we
work to resolve this issue.
>
> Best,
>
> Sophia
> Kraken Support

Sad to hear that you had such an incident with them, I can tell you that I didn't get a single issue with Kraken so far, but you should be carefull with the amount of money you are transfering from and to your bank unless you have a "professional/commercent license" (name is different in each country), my advise in future to never transfer 1800€+ during a one month periode as your bank has a legal obligation to verify and sent the origin of the transaction to money control organism of your country
mailmansDOG

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 03:10:48 PM

Kraken is one of the best exchanges out there in all seriousness

zgums

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 10:10:49 PM

I am surprised that fidor returned the funds
It was Halkbank in TR that rejected and returned those transfers, Fidor received them back as Sophia from Kraken support is saying.

my advise in future to never transfer 1800€+ during a one month periode
1st transfer of 1147 EUR was made in last week of February, and 2nd was made in 1st week of March (1289 EUR).

Kraken is one of the best exchanges out there in all seriousness
I was also thinking like this but since my replies to this support ticket are all ignored since over a month, i have written this issue here to tell about it.
They could at least say like, "please wait we're still awaiting response from Fidor bank" etc, but no response, and i feel and know my money is lost. Who has it ? Fidor ? Kraken ? Halkbank ?

Thank you everyone for your replies.

newIndia
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1049

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 10:15:03 PM

I was just looking for exchanges to buy.

Now I figured https://www.kraken.com/ , but this exchange has 24h volume of just 2.5BTC.

Is this website a scam??

Sincerely,
Supreme Leader of Democratic People's Republic Korea
Kim Jong Un

Not a scam.. just new, not many users, not many orders on the books, not many trades.  It's hard building a market from scratch.. it's sort of like building a social network from scratch.. who wants to come to a party nobody is at?  We're in discussions with some market makers now who can help with the liquidity problem.  We didn't expect to have much traction without a market, which is why we haven't put much in to marketing the service yet, but launching without the market has given us a good opportunity to make sure everything is working as it should in production before we take on a ton of users.

Official announcement thread here:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=290799.0

So the yesterday's baby has become a big brother today. Good Smiley

cookiemonsterwhat

Activity: 252

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 12:23:47 AM

If its a small exchange, why bother with it?

Theres many other options like localbitcoins.com or bitstamp, btc-e.

Also btc-e has recently change to accepting debit cards to credit payments.

P.S: Please feed your country and rape less girls.
zgums

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 06:55:47 AM

So the yesterday's baby has become a big brother today. Good Smiley
P.S: Please feed your country and rape less girls.

Please do not stray the topic.

This topic is about Kraken is scam or not.

I had to lose 2436 EUR to find out.

YES. KRAKEN IS SPAM AND FRAUDULENT.

If you don't believe, maybe you too will lose your cash with Kraken.

MtGox was the unsinkable Titanic, right ?

I paid 2436 EUR to tell this truth.
makebitcoin

Activity: 308

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 12:38:13 PM

Has anyone recently signed up and verified past the scanned documents level?  I'm wondering how long it took.  It's only been 24 hours but I sort of thought it was be a 10 minute process for someone to just look at the scans and check that the info matched.

I think this is the problem for Kraken. They request a lot of information and documents and bitcoin users are adverse to that because then they have to give up their anonimity.
kuroman

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 01:28:46 PM

my advise in future to never transfer 1800€+ during a one month periode
1st transfer of 1147 EUR was made in last week of February, and 2nd was made in 1st week of March (1289 EUR).

Which is 2436€ in less than 2 weeks. while you did the transfer in different calender month, there wasn't a one month period between the two transfers
mrhelpful
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 03:13:23 PM

Just read the 3 pages, as so far I`m getting the notion of everyone stating its a scam.

Some stating its going to be big some day?

My conclusion, would be sticking with bitstamp. And why bother on other exchanges in the 1st place if they only done 2.4 btc in volume.

zgums

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 05:09:56 PM

Update:

Just right now i got a response (remember this is after more than a month delay).

I'm truthful and fair person, so here is the response. I think you all feel that Kraken looks solid.

Still didn't get my funds back though.

=================
Hello,

I'm not actually handling your case, but I can see that it is still unresolved. I'm going to alert the agent who is aware of your case to respond to you as soon as possible with an update. I truly apologize for the long delay here, and I assure you that this delay is not by our choice. We'll get back to you as soon as we can with an update.

Best,

Ulf
Kraken Support
Chemistry1988
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 07:55:01 PM

MtGox was the unsinkable Titanic, right ?

Indeed, it is pretty much the opposite.
Months before mtgox officially went down, people have already suspected mtgox was in big trouble due to the terrible delay in fiat withdrawals and have kept telling others to stay away from mtgox.
Chemistry1988
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 07:57:25 PM

Update:

Just right now i got a response (remember this is after more than a month delay).

I'm truthful and fair person, so here is the response. I think you all feel that Kraken looks solid.

=================
Hello,

I'm not actually handling your case, but I can see that it is still unresolved. I'm going to alert the agent who is aware of your case to respond to you as soon as possible with an update. I truly apologize for the long delay here, and I assure you that this delay is not by our choice. We'll get back to you as soon as we can with an update.

Best,

Ulf
Kraken Support

Thanks for your alert, and luckily I haven't used Kraken myself.
Sorry to hear your experience, and I hope you can get your money back.
kuroman

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 07:02:40 PM

Update:

=================
Hello,

Best,

Ulf
Kraken Support

Ok they are at least not cutting all communication with you. And I doubt a business that is doing 100K+ € of business a day will risk bad reputation for 2K€, just keep bothering them so they speed up the process and solve your problem asap
zgums

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 11:35:07 PM

Last response from May 14th:

I am really sorry about our response delay to you. I am working with our Payments Department to get these returned wires credited back to your Kraken account right now. Somewhere in between the transaction of your funds being returned by your bank back to our bank, the funds were sorted into a "retuned funds" category which we are working to credit back to you as soon as possible. I will keep you updated once we have done so, but rest assure I have requested this action as urgent to our Payments Department. Again, my sincerest apologies for the delay and the inconvenience you have experienced. Thank you.

Yet another week passed, still have no funds returned. I will keep updating, so that you get a real life feedback on this case to decide for yourselves.
kuroman

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 02:57:54 PM

Last response from May 14th:

I am really sorry about our response delay to you. I am working with our Payments Department to get these returned wires credited back to your Kraken account right now. Somewhere in between the transaction of your funds being returned by your bank back to our bank, the funds were sorted into a "retuned funds" category which we are working to credit back to you as soon as possible. I will keep you updated once we have done so, but rest assure I have requested this action as urgent to our Payments Department. Again, my sincerest apologies for the delay and the inconvenience you have experienced. Thank you.

Yet another week passed, still have no funds returned. I will keep updating, so that you get a real life feedback on this case to decide for yourselves.

thanks for the information, I myself use Kraken for small amounts (I don't own much) but so far it's been all good for me no issues what so ever, but keep a not to my self that in case of such an issue it can become problematic
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: