Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 07:19:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Altcoin winter?  (Read 768 times)
Fennishlassy@gmail.com (OP)

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 03:47:11 AM

Everyone is saying altcoin winter, but I disagree.  I think it wont last all that long.  Maybe a few weeks or so.  Bitcoin is definitely going to shoot up soon though.  What do you all think?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Svafnir74

Activity: 318
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 08:20:34 AM

Everyone is saying altcoin winter, but I disagree.  I think it wont last all that long.  Maybe a few weeks or so.  Bitcoin is definitely going to shoot up soon though.  What do you all think?
I think that already in March-April we will all see a big growth of the crypto-currency market. All coins from the top 10 in terms of capitalization, in my opinion will give a good profit.
barneystinson

Activity: 103
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 08:54:39 AM

Since altcoins went down hard along with bitcoin, I think it will take quite some time for them to recover. I dont know how long but based from what I have notices, the only way for alts to go up is when bitcoins goes sideways. Thus if bitcoin will go up, some alts prices would still go down. So the key here is to just HODL and buy more alts.

█████ █████  ██ MOBILINK-COIN ██  █████ █████
▬ FIRST DECENTRALIZED MOBILE SERVICE TELECOM COMPANY ▬ (https://mobilink.io/)
InahC

Activity: 252
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 09:00:00 AM

As of the moment, I think it's really a good thing to Buy and HODL at the moment, because of the big dump last time, I think this time around a huge surge will come, we just need to wait and see.

❰❰ ❰❰❰ ❰❰❰❰❰ ♦ SIMDAQ ♦ ❱❱❱❱ ❱❱❱ ❱❱
Learn how to trade profitable!
 Instagram▲      Medium  Telegram▲    Facebook▲      Twitter
CryptoBry

Activity: 1008
Merit: 355

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 09:17:34 AM

Well, one thing for sure is that nobody can exactly predict the behavior of the market much more so in the world of cryptocurrency. And we have to remember that nothing is really permanent in this world and this is quite true in cryptocurrency with its volatile market which can swing anytime either up or down.

I am sensing then that soon altcoins will be gaining their upward movement as the market is now starting to get back to its feet. Maybe at the end of the first quarter we can see some significant changes and I am expecting they can be positive not just for altcoins but also for the whole cryptocurrency market.
jonruhoax

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 09:21:13 AM

bitcoin is currently growing and rising. so what you think, I know, there will be no crypto that always grows all the time. there is always a downward reaction and a degree of stability, and at a stable bitcoin. there are many altcoins to be pumped
Filthy1

Activity: 98

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 09:21:21 AM

Summer is around the corner and crypto will shine bright on us all the sun will shine our portfolios will thrive cant wait.
RodneyKings

Activity: 213
Merit: 103

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 09:31:07 AM

Bitcoin is mooning earlier and upon checking the altcoins are actually in red. I thought that when BTC is rising, altcoins follow so I wonder why altcoins are down. A friend told me that investors are probably transferring their altcoins to BTC that's why there is a dip. Hopefully everything will be on green next month  Cheesy
thereddragon

Activity: 2

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 09:33:23 AM

i think altcoins will recover pretty soon, probably after bitcoin's mooning spree. there'll be a slump soon enough
teilwalL05

Activity: 980
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 10:46:32 AM

We can really never say that there are a Altcoin winter, Even though we can see that most of the price is at in red I really think it will not last long and we can see a bright sunny day again with all of the coins in the green value, I don't really think bitcoins going to go down again because this is outrageously nonsense in my opinion for bitcoin to go beyond that down trend again.
TheSmo

Activity: 280

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 11:10:21 AM

Previously unknown to six months ago altcoin Neo. He has grown 200 times over the past six months. 200 times, Carl! If in the summer you invested a couple of dollars in it, then now you would be a dollar millionaire.
Nexigen

Activity: 297

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 11:12:25 AM

People who invested in altcoin at an early stage (when these coins were worth a penny or did not cost anything at all) can use their odds (a large number of coins) and play on popularizing this currency (creating an excitement, for example, buying coins from themselves and thereby raising the rate ), then to sell these coins in tens or even hundreds of times more expensive.
emsjvh

Activity: 324

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 11:14:07 AM

The fact is that the pioneer (bitcoin) is far from ideal (as well as many other successful crypto currency), because the underlying software (and even the principles of construction) have flaws that have come to light with time. Therefore, it became inevitable the appearance of improved (or even working on other principles) versions, united under the common name altcoin.
Nexigen

Activity: 297

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 11:15:54 AM

Bitcoin will rise from his knees and shoot. He already does it. And alternative coins will be behind him. They will seek to become as popular. And while they are in demand, they will grow.
emsjvh

Activity: 324

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 11:19:40 AM

Ethereum can beat bitcoin this year. It all depends on its owners. It's very easy for him to increase in price.
amzadabir

Activity: 112

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 09:39:41 AM

Bitcoin is not always the same. I'm in crypto for about 8-9 months, and by the end of November, in the end of November 2007, I did not start to focus on the huge wave.
However, I hear about "Austroqin Winter".
I can get the idea that the Alt coins have the opposite reaction to BTC, and so when BTC closes once, the alts will drop down.
I keep hearing about putting stop-loss on the alts, but if I do not have anything I do not want to sell? Would things like Rich, ZRX, NEO, ICX survive "winter"? Or do all of them sell off and run btv wave and then enter the alert then?
HongKong

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 09:46:58 AM

The price of the top coins is what makes it harder to invest in coins. A lot of investors are only sticking to the coins that are worth under $1.

████████████████████
           ██████████████████████
          ████                ████
         ████   █████   ████   ████
        ████   ███████ ██████   ████
       ████   ████ ████   ████   ████
      ████   ████   ████   ████   ████
     ████   ████  ██ ████   ████ 
    ████   ████   ██  ████
    ████   ████   ███  ████
    ████   ████   ███
    ████   ████   ███
    ████   ████   ███
    ████   ████   ███    ███
     ████   ████   ████ ████ ████
      ████   ████   ████ ██ ████  ████
       ████   ████   ████ ████   ████
        ████   ██████ ██████    ████
         ████   ████   ████    ████
          ████                ████
           ██████████████████████
            ████████████████████
I N D X
talkbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032

All I know is that I know nothing.

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 10:16:54 AM

if bitcoin shoots up soon, that means altcoins will get dumped and people refer to this massive dump as "altcoin winter", it is a dumb phrase to use but some people like it.

and it is not a new thing for altcoins to get dumped like this after a big pumping season that they had last year. somebody needs to clean up the mess after all those pumps and as whales cash out, newbies panic and crash the altcoin market.
it is more like a cycle over there and happens every couple of months.

.L I V E C O I N . N E T.
..PROFITBOX..
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
█████████████▄  ▄████████████
    █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀    ▀█ ▀████████
████  █████▀  ▄▄  ▀█  ▀██████
  ████████▀  ▄██▄  ▀█   ▀████
    ██████   ▀██▀   ██   ████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
██  █████████▄  ▄████████████
  ███████████████████████████
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████████████████▀ ███
█████████████████████▀   ███
    █████████████▀     ████
  █████████████▀   ██    ████
████  █████▀     ██    ████
  ███████▀   ██    ██    ████
    █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████    ██    ██    ████
██  █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████████████████████████
bigcash2011

Activity: 1442
Merit: 265

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2018, 04:47:09 PM

I personally think tgat the end of this year will be huge for both the btc and good altcoins, crypto market is expected to grow big with huge volume incoming and the prices will shoot up.

tylerik1

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

"SWISSREALCOIN - FIRST REAL ESTATE CRYPTO TOKEN"

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 04:58:39 PM

I also dont agree with an altcoin winter. The altcoins are still very strong in these hard times and I think they are going up again soon. I still expect a nice hand in hand pump like last year.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: