Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 04:53:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: bitbet: btc sent and bet not accepted = no refund  (Read 926 times)
androz (OP)

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

Crypto-ideologist

View Profile
September 21, 2013, 04:19:15 PM

this is a little complaint about bitbet policy.

In short, i placed a bet.
i sent the btc amount to a created "send-to address", but (my bad) i had no transaction fee to default
So the transaction has taken some days before being processed.

The btc has arrived to the "send to address" but the bet wasn't recorded

On that "send to address" there's only my transaction so i guess would be not difficult to send me back my btc, i asked a refund but they refused.

However they answered quickly and politely on irc support, no complaints about that.

"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
grue
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1431

View Profile
September 21, 2013, 07:20:57 PM

lesson: pay the transaction fee.

It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Adblock for annoying signature ads | Enhanced Merit UI
toga

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 21, 2013, 07:57:16 PM

On that "send to address" there's only my transaction so i guess would be not difficult to send me back my btc, i asked a refund but they refused.

strange, if you have the transaction hash, they have to give back to you the bet amount, i suppose

MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
September 21, 2013, 08:25:47 PM

i sent the btc amount to a created "send-to address", but (my bad) i had no transaction fee to default

However they answered quickly and politely on irc support, no complaints about that.

It's unfortunate that you had tx fees off by default. The issue however isn't whether it'd be difficult or easy to perform a refund. Rather, doing so would set an untenable precedent wherein anyone could spam the site with bad bets keeping their transaction fees set to zero, potentially forcing the admins to focus on bulk refunds rather than you know...running the site.

The time it takes to approve or reject a bet varies but is typically a few hours or less, so this is fairly likely to happen in the scenario you described. It sucks that you're out the BTC, but so long as you performed the error, you've gotta pay the price --otherwise it's less of a betting service and more of a crosswalk helper station.

Yepper.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
androz (OP)

Crypto-ideologist

View Profile
September 21, 2013, 08:55:27 PM

It's unfortunate that you had tx fees off by default. The issue however isn't whether it'd be difficult or easy to perform a refund. Rather, doing so would set an untenable precedent wherein anyone could spam the site with bad bets keeping their transaction fees set to zero, potentially forcing the admins to focus on bulk refunds rather than you know...running the site.

The time it takes to approve or reject a bet varies but is typically a few hours or less, so this is fairly likely to happen in the scenario you described. It sucks that you're out the BTC, but so long as you performed the error, you've gotta pay the price --otherwise it's less of a betting service and more of a crosswalk helper station.

thx for ur understanding mpo  Smiley was a very little sum so i'm not in despair  Grin

This was more for principle. I think is an unfare policy since they could see clearly my btc and that address got only my transaction.

if they had time to reply me, they could have also send me back (or accept) my bet.

MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 01:28:29 AM

thx for ur understanding mpo  Smiley was a very little sum so i'm not in despair  Grin

This was more for principle. I think is an unfare policy since they could see clearly my btc and that address got only my transaction.

if they had time to reply me, they could have also send me back (or accept) my bet.

Again, it's not about time, difficulty, etc. It's about doing the correct thing.

The instructions for proper betting and preventing BTC loss are ample, from the site's FAQ to multiple explanations here on the forums, to the listing of such gracious donations to shareholders in BitBet's monthly statements.

If you want to use the service you'll have to read and understand. Operators that bend the rules to fix your mistakes for you can't meanwhile be publicly traded and held. The policy's not going away, but you can certainly prevent yourself from making totally unnecessary mistakes.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
androz (OP)

Crypto-ideologist

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 08:21:40 AM

thx for ur understanding mpo  Smiley was a very little sum so i'm not in despair  Grin

Again, it's not about time, difficulty, etc. It's about doing the correct thing.

The instructions for proper betting and preventing BTC loss are ample, from the site's FAQ to multiple explanations here on the forums, to the listing of such gracious donations to shareholders in BitBet's monthly statements.

As per the FAQ, BTC sent to expired addresses are not returned but distributed as dividends.
In rare cases this would represent a first bet sent to a betting address later than 72 hours after its creation (hasn’t happened yet)

All right, let's the shareholders enjoy my "gratious donation", i could claim i'm the first in this way Cheesy

deivid

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 02:12:45 PM

Similar cases here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=339544.0
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 07:39:17 PM

Transaction fee will not guarantee a quick confirmation.

Buy & Hold
kireinaha

Activity: 350
Merit: 253

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 08:18:26 PM

Better lesson: Perform research before sending your money to scam sites.

Night gathers, and now my bitcoinwisdom watch begins.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: