Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 05:42:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do you think that Bitcoin could become a popular payment method?
Yes, in a few months - 3 (8.6%)
Yes, but in some years - 27 (77.1%)
Don't know - 3 (8.6%)
No, it's too volatile - 2 (5.7%)
Total Voters: 35

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you think that Bitcoin could become a popular payment method?  (Read 542 times)
TeksLaban

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 06:30:23 AM

yes. bitcoin is now starting to be popular as a payment method. in our country, Philippines it not yet popular but i mnow that someday it will eventually happen.
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
mhsingh

Activity: 52
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 06:31:06 AM

It is difficult to predict whether bitcoin will have a stable value and whether it will become a payment method. The fact that bitcoin and blockchain technology have a great future - there is no doubt, but at the moment it is difficult to imagine that most people will want to take bitcoin as a means of payment.
lamadu3

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 12:57:52 PM

Today I was reading on The Wall Street Journal an interview to John Rainey, CFO of Paypal. He said that Bitcoin will probably become a popular payment method in the future, but right now it's too volatile to use it as a currency.

My opinion is the same about volatility. Right now we can't use it as a currency because of its price changes, but I don't know if Bitcoin will ever have the stability needed.

There are lots of agents manipulating its price all the time, so I don't know if it will be ever possible to use it one day as a payment method. It's like trying to use gold to pay for something. As long as we compare BTC with USD it will never be a currency.

What do you think?

I will also join the group of guys, which suppose that Bitcoin can be used widely as the payment system, but it will not happen very soon. Due to BTC volatility, many people are not yet ready to risk so very much.
fairytale

Activity: 209
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 06:54:39 AM
Last edit: March 16, 2018, 08:38:03 AM by fairytale

yes. bitcoin is now starting to be popular as a payment method. in our country, Philippines it not yet popular but i mnow that someday it will eventually happen.

I heard so, aside from payment method it is also used as a tool for sending money remittances. they find it effortless they just have to connect on the internet without having to fall inline. less hustle with a cheaper charge. bitcoin will go a long way with the potential it has.
eoolm

Activity: 7

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 07:15:08 AM

Yes, I think that will be achieved in the future. This is the future direction of Bitcoin. The digital nature of Bitcoin determines that it will become a payment method in the future.
Usafstar

Activity: 378

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 07:42:20 AM

i agree that bitcoin will become the most popular method of payments in the future like now if we do some major changes in the economy for the time being if the country allow bitcoin and the online businesses should start accepting this money so this will be a good way to make money and for us bitcoin is the good way for investment. and this is not only for me but all the users are happy with this.

♦      GΞMΞRA      ♦     Crypto-Token Backed by Colombian Emeralds     [  WHITEPAPER  ]               
     ▬▬▬    PRE-SALE  ▶  Sep 10th - Oct 24th     JOIN NOW & get 20% BONUS!    ▬▬▬     
♦          TELEGRAM        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        YOUTUBE         MEDIUM         GITHUB         LINKEDIN          ♦
Jimmy palumbo

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 07:48:45 AM

I think the bitcoin can be a wide range of means of payment, but not now, because now the bitcoin is still faced with many problems, so when the thunder network to solve these problems, so the bitcoin can be widely pay tool.

shinchan123

Activity: 504

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 07:59:20 AM

Yes, I think that bitcoin could become a good and preferred payment method in the future, but the only problem to this is that people are not ready to do this yet because they cannot predict what would be the consequences of doing the said plan. Perhaps in a few years this would be applicable.
mico

Activity: 172

Decentralized Ascending Auctions on Blockchain

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 08:17:32 AM

i think that with its technology and advantages, it will become official currency in few next years. but now, it still has some disadvantages about high fee, block size and transaction speed

iBid     ▐     Decentralized Auctions on Blockchain    (    About us    Telegram   )
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬             AN  AUCTION    ❱   All auctions start at     $0

[  ◥   Google Play      ◥   App Store  ]   ██ SIGN UP ██        with no minimum reserve
Fire316

Activity: 281

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 09:00:39 AM

Yes,actually it is already used as payment here in our country. We don't need to walk or ride just to pay our bills and even buy loads as long as we have bitcoin we can pay right away even we are just sitting in our house. It is very useful and easy. I believe it will become more popular someday to be use as payment method. Volatility of bitcoin is not the problem as long as the company or store or someone who accept bitcoin as payment could take the risk.
fetokun

Activity: 210

Presale is live!

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 09:21:52 AM

Once bitcoin reaches a much bigger market cap than the current one. Its going to be a lot harder to manipulate the price as a huge amount of money will be needed to do so and that should stabilize the bitcoin price.

recklessMe

Activity: 195

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 01:02:46 PM

Today I was reading on The Wall Street Journal an interview to John Rainey, CFO of Paypal. He said that Bitcoin will probably become a popular payment method in the future, but right now it's too volatile to use it as a currency.

My opinion is the same about volatility. Right now we can't use it as a currency because of its price changes, but I don't know if Bitcoin will ever have the stability needed.

There are lots of agents manipulating its price all the time, so I don't know if it will be ever possible to use it one day as a payment method. It's like trying to use gold to pay for something. As long as we compare BTC with USD it will never be a currency.

What do you think?

I think so, but not in the near future. It should undergo a number of improvements to become faster and more scalable to be used for day-to-day transactions. There are some companies that accept bitcoins as payment already, but on a large scale it is insignificant
RuslanSamui

Activity: 126

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 07:14:39 PM

Hello everyone, most likely bitcoin will not be the most popular way of payment, but another crypto currency will be very popular! For example, an etherium!
Ahimoth

Activity: 812
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 02:46:15 PM

Hello everyone, most likely bitcoin will not be the most popular way of payment, but another crypto currency will be very popular! For example, an etherium!

Yes, I believe in that. It is actually now starting to be accepted by some stores now. And seeing that  there is a potential in the future for bitcoin, this is a great possibility.   Though maybe not for very small purchases because the value of bitcoin is very volatile.
nerove

Activity: 64

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 02:53:25 PM

Potentially bitcoin can be used in any shop, just need to decrease fee of payment and increase speed of transaction, so in future mb.
fulmetal08larz

Activity: 476
Merit: 124

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 02:54:34 PM

I believe that bitcoin could become a popular payment method across all countries in a few years when development to its full potential takes place lessening its flaws and scalability issues. Adaption will take place in a few years because of its attractive features and there are so many ways the technology behind it can be utilized. Bitcoin is the most popular among all coins  because it is the pioneer in crypto world.
Komobit

Activity: 161
Merit: 8

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2018, 02:59:20 PM

In true the nowadays volatility is not a problem for payment methods. It can be use as payment method as it is now - in what concern price.

Lets say that Im the store owner and you are the buyer:

I sell you a 50 dolars keyboard

You pay me with 0.003 satoshis

I receive them and convert to dolars

I have 50 dolars

Tomorrow you buy another keyboard with me

I sell you a 50 dolars keyboard

You pay me with 0.004 satoshis

I receive them and convert to dolars

I have 50 dolars

The volatility is much more a problem to the buyer than for the seller
nicksnn

Activity: 180

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 03:02:03 PM

i think bitcoin wont`s become a popular payment method, just investment like gold. Other altcoin`s like omisego will popular payment method
xuan87
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 03:09:58 PM

Yes it could be but not that soon, Bitcoin need to improve the speed transactions, and then the next obstacle is the volatility, if we can make Bitcoin more stable it will be difficult for the shop owner to accept BTC, the fluctuation of Bitcoin is pretty high and sometimes the price range is quite far, but I believe with mass adoption we can decrease the fluctuation and make more people accept btc

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████████████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████████████████░░░░
░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░██████░
░░░░░░░██████░░░░░█░░░░░████████░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░░███░░░████░░███░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░██░██░████░░███░░█████░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░██░░█░███░░███░░██████░░
░░░░░░░░░███████░██░█░█░░░███░░██████░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░███░░░███░░░█████░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░██░░████░░░░░░██░░░██████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░████░░░░░██████░░░█████░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███░░░█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
▂▂ ▃▃ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ TeraWATT █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▃▃ ▂▂
Global LED Adoption Through Blockchain Technology
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒『ICO IS LIVE』≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
WEBSITE』『WHITEPAPER
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
TWITTER』『TELEGRAM
ballerin and giroud

Activity: 868
Merit: 16

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 03:14:35 PM

With all the convenience and practicality of bitcoin, it is not impossible in the future bitcoin to be one of the most popular payment methods may be even bitcoin will be a payment method that is used specifically for rich people if we look at the high price in various market crypto.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: