Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 11:05:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Should I pay my Traffic Tickets?  (Read 8070 times)
420 (OP)

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 02:14:02 AM

Have you ever wondered what would happen if you didn't pay traffic tickets?

I'm in California and I have two tickets, and I'm tired of the fascist extortionist state.

My idea; if I can get 10BTC donated I will let you the forum/people decide what I do:

Option 1: Ignore the tickets and letters up to a notice of "Your License will be Suspended in X days"

Option 2: Try to fight the tickets with standard Trial by Declartion (already tried and lost for one ticket recently)

Option 3: Send a letter and include the fantastic video showing how speed limits are not aimed at safety at all:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BKdbxX1pDw

This could be like an ongoing Audience decided 'Reality Show', I can post updates on YouTube

Why 10BTC? that's close to the fine amount I'd be paying and only Nakamoto knows how much this fiasco will eventually cost me

You can donate to:
18gz9b1d7AbXZnafH6Jx5mzpX2EJoG87ss
(someone quote this so we know it's not changed)

Donations: 1JVhKjUKSjBd7fPXQJsBs5P3Yphk38AqPr - TIPS
the hacks, the hacks, secure your bits!
infested999

Activity: 854

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 02:20:04 AM

You can donate to:
18gz9b1d7AbXZnafH6Jx5mzpX2EJoG87ss
(someone quote this so we know it's not changed)

▄███▄   ▄███▄
              █████   █████
      ▄███▄    ▀▀▀     ▀▀▀    ▄███▄
      █████     ▄██▄ ▄██▄     █████
       ▀▀▀ ▄██▄ ▀██▀ ▀██▀ ▄██▄ ▀▀▀
 ▄███▄     ▀██▀           ▀██▀     ▄███▄
 █████ ▄██▄                   ▄██▄ █████
  ▀▀▀  ▀██▀                   ▀██▀  ▀▀▀
                       ▄█
▄███▄ ▄██▄            ███ ███  ▄██▄ ▄███▄
█████ ▀██▀  ████      █████    ▀██▀ █████
 ▀▀▀         ▀███▄    ████           ▀▀▀
       ▄██▄    ████   ███     ▄██▄
 ▄███▄ ▀██▀     ▀███  ███     ▀██▀ ▄███▄
 █████            ███▄██           █████
  ▀▀▀              ▀████            ▀▀▀
                     ███
                     ███
                     ██
                   ███

████    ██
  ████    ██
    ████    ██
      ████    ██
        ████    ██
          ████    ██
          ████    ██
        ████    ██
      ████    ██
    ████    ██
  ████    ██
████    ██

White Paper
Yellow Paper
Pitch Deck
Telegram
LinkedIn
Twitter
420 (OP)

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 03:37:25 AM

If everything works out I'll simply forward the 10BTC donated funds to the effort to make a speeding license: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=238506.0

cp1

Activity: 616

Stop using branwallets

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 03:42:38 AM

Highway speed limits are set so that cars use less gas.

Guide to armory offline install on USB key:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=241730.0
420 (OP)

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 03:52:52 AM

This is not the end/purpose of 'speeding' laws

but this topic is on what you want me to do with my tickets

It will be for your entertainment!

infested999

Activity: 854

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 03:58:17 AM

The US Government forces imported cars to use more gas to increase gas usage. For example there are no BMW 316i in the US, there are only 318. While in Europe the 316 is more common. This is to force people to use more gas.

related: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NsZWOjk9hzQ

▄███▄   ▄███▄
              █████   █████
      ▄███▄    ▀▀▀     ▀▀▀    ▄███▄
      █████     ▄██▄ ▄██▄     █████
       ▀▀▀ ▄██▄ ▀██▀ ▀██▀ ▄██▄ ▀▀▀
 ▄███▄     ▀██▀           ▀██▀     ▄███▄
 █████ ▄██▄                   ▄██▄ █████
  ▀▀▀  ▀██▀                   ▀██▀  ▀▀▀
                       ▄█
▄███▄ ▄██▄            ███ ███  ▄██▄ ▄███▄
█████ ▀██▀  ████      █████    ▀██▀ █████
 ▀▀▀         ▀███▄    ████           ▀▀▀
       ▄██▄    ████   ███     ▄██▄
 ▄███▄ ▀██▀     ▀███  ███     ▀██▀ ▄███▄
 █████            ███▄██           █████
  ▀▀▀              ▀████            ▀▀▀
                     ███
                     ███
                     ██
                   ███

████    ██
  ████    ██
    ████    ██
      ████    ██
        ████    ██
          ████    ██
          ████    ██
        ████    ██
      ████    ██
    ████    ██
  ████    ██
████    ██

White Paper
Yellow Paper
Pitch Deck
Telegram
LinkedIn
Twitter
420 (OP)

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 06:48:20 AM

Who writes the vehicle code? specificially California's

TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2013, 02:29:38 PM

First of all I am not a lawyer. Follow this strategy at your own risk.

I have seen this strategy used successfully before fighting tickets. basically it goes like this...

You get to court, you are allowed to speak and you ask the judge...

"Do I have a right to a fair and impartial hearing in this court today?"

The judge should reply in the affirmative. Then you will ask...

"Your honor who is bringing fourth this complaint against me today?"

He will reply "The State of California."

You will then ask...

"Your honor who do you represent here today?"

He will reply:

"The State of California."

You then ask:

"Your honor, if the plaintiff here today is The State of California, and you represent The State of California, how is it possible for me to receive a fair hearing today in this court?"

He at this point has two choices...
1. He dismisses the case and leaves the court with his robes in a bunch.

2. He really hits you hard with everything he can think of such as maximum punishments for your ticket, contempt of court, etc. You might think this is a loss, but this is really a win. Why is that? Because if he continues with the charges after you have demonstrated the hearing is impartial you put the judge into the realm of PERSONAL CIVIL LIABILITY, meaning you can now sue the piss out of him and take HIS SHIT. They usually know this and use the threats as a form of intimidation. At this point you could remind him of his civil liability, or you could let him heap on the charges and then take all his crap later when you sue him. Obviously this option is only useful if you wish to actually sue him.

Again follow this strategy at your own risk. I am not a lawyer. I have however seen pissed off judges storm out of the court room after a scenario like this.
Inedible

Activity: 700

What doesn't kill you only makes you sicker!

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 02:33:46 PM

First of all I am not a lawyer. Follow this strategy at your own risk.

I have seen this strategy used successfully before fighting tickets. basically it goes like this...

You get to court, you are allowed to speak and you ask the judge...

"Do I have a right to a fair and impartial hearing in this court today?"

The judge should reply in the affirmative. Then you will ask...

"Your honor who is bringing fourth this complaint against me today?"

He will reply "The State of California."

You will then ask...

"Your honor who do you represent here today?"

He will reply:

"The State of California."

You then ask:

"Your honor, if the plaintiff here today is The State of California, and you represent The State of California, how is it possible for me to receive a fair hearing today in this court?"

He at this point has two choices...
1. He dismisses the case and leaves the court with his robes in a bunch.

2. He really hits you hard with everything he can think of such as maximum punishments for your ticket, contempt of court, etc. You might think this is a loss, but this is really a win. Why is that? Because if he continues with the charges after you have demonstrated the hearing is impartial you put the judge into the realm of PERSONAL CIVIL LIABILITY, meaning you can now sue the piss out of him and take HIS SHIT. They usually know this and use the threats as a form of intimidation. At this point you could remind him of his civil liability, or you could let him heap on the charges and then take all his crap later when you sue him. Obviously this option is only useful if you wish to actually sue him.

Again follow this strategy at your own risk. I am not a lawyer. I have however seen pissed off judges storm out of the court room after a scenario like this.

Check with a lawyer before attempting this strategy  Grin

If this post was useful, interesting or entertaining, then you've misunderstood.
cp1

Activity: 616

Stop using branwallets

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 04:24:29 PM

People always dream big of sticking it to the man.

Guide to armory offline install on USB key:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=241730.0
grue
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1431

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 04:47:40 PM
Last edit: September 22, 2013, 05:01:17 PM by grue

ITT: people who don't know shit about law.

Your only hope of getting out of the ticket is proving you didn't do it, or the law is unconstitutional. Saying the "law is not effective at doing x" WILL NOT GET YOU ACQUITTED. If it did work, why has no lawyer ever tried this argument?

Option 3: Send a letter and include the fantastic video showing how speed limits are not aimed at safety at all:[/b]
The US Government forces imported cars to use more gas to increase gas usage. For example there are no BMW 316i in the US, there are only 318. While in Europe the 316 is more common. This is to force people to use more gas.

showing a youtube video is the least professional way, and possibly the least convincing way to present your argument.

It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Adblock for annoying signature ads | Enhanced Merit UI
420 (OP)

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 05:27:19 PM

People always dream big of sticking it to the man.

I just want to be left alone; not a slave; able to travel freely by the most prevalent and popular and safe method with an automobile that I own and am very familiar with how to be safe in using it.

Your only hope of getting out of the ticket is proving you didn't do it, or the law is unconstitutional. Saying the "law is not effective at doing x" WILL NOT GET YOU ACQUITTED. If it did work, why has no lawyer ever tried this argument?

Option 3: Send a letter and include the fantastic video showing how speed limits are not aimed at safety at all:[/b]

showing a youtube video is the least professional way, and possibly the least convincing way to present your argument.

I'm not trying the best to get out of it; i was doing it for your entertainment and to see what happens; thus accepting donations for some compensation for my risks in doing this

Thanks TECSHARE, so this worked in California? This is the first court 'hearing' date I assume otherwise it would be an officer against me

millsdmb

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 05:31:53 PM

Ive had 11 Nolles, all I had to do was put on a tie and say I was sorry. Two of the nolles didn't even require me to show up to court - I got the notification by mail.

No knowledge of law needed here.

Plead not guilty.

Hitler Finds out about the Butterfly Labs Monarch http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jYNMKdv36w
Get $10 worth of BTC Free when you buy $100 worth at coinbase.com/?r=51dffa8970f85a53bd000034
420 (OP)

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 05:41:30 PM

My goal is not to apologize or get off

my goal is to start a revolution in new thinking or ideas; yeah, virtually impossible

Inedible

Activity: 700

What doesn't kill you only makes you sicker!

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 05:43:57 PM

I just want to be left alone; not a slave; able to travel freely by the most prevalent and popular and safe method with an automobile that I own and am very familiar with how to be safe in using it.

There are a lot of people who drive dangerously. They believe they're safe at driving too. By allowing everyone to drive by their own judgement, there'd be no way to prosecute those that are reckless. Unfortunately, the good, safe drivers are thus punished.

If there's anyone to blame, it's the dodgy drivers.

BTW, I'm not making a judgement on your driving just that everyone wants to be 'free' to enjoy their vehicle.

If this post was useful, interesting or entertaining, then you've misunderstood.
millsdmb

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 05:46:31 PM

My goal is not to apologize or get off

my goal is to start a revolution in new thinking or ideas; yeah, virtually impossible

You want to fight tickets based on a technicality when police don't even need to show up for your court date anymore? You'll need a lawyer, but I think they're occupied getting not guilty verdicts for all the zimmermans of the world.

Good luck tho.

Hitler Finds out about the Butterfly Labs Monarch http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jYNMKdv36w
Get $10 worth of BTC Free when you buy $100 worth at coinbase.com/?r=51dffa8970f85a53bd000034
420 (OP)

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 05:53:55 PM

There are a lot of people who drive dangerously. They believe they're safe at driving too. By allowing everyone to drive by their own judgement, there'd be no way to prosecute those that are reckless. Unfortunately, the good, safe drivers are thus punished.

If there's anyone to blame, it's the dodgy drivers.

BTW, I'm not making a judgement on your driving just that everyone wants to be 'free' to enjoy their vehicle.

my car doesn't autodrive; it is driven by my judgement.

did you watch this video?

01BTC10
VIP

Merit: 503

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 05:54:38 PM

I don't know how it works in California, but in Canada they simply throw you in jail = criminal record.
420 (OP)

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 05:56:11 PM

I don't know how it works in California, but in Canada they simply throw you in jail = criminal record.

I've already been arrested before. America will arrest you for nothing. I know that's true with most every country

Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 3084

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2013, 06:00:36 PM

They don't incarcerate you for debts in Canada.  Not sure how it works in Quebec, but in Alberta if you don't pay your tickets you simply lose registration access.  You can no longer renew your driver's license, car registration, etc.  It's the same as if you don't pay child support.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soonish!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: