Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 06:01:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Should I pay my Traffic Tickets?  (Read 8070 times)
2dogs
Legendary

Activity: 1267
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 29, 2013, 08:39:07 PM

Has anyone else noticed the tendency of police to add the "reckless driving" charge on top of the regular infraction?

No, I haven't. But they will if your speeding was reckless - i.e. endangering others.

Or if they had a bad day or if they have a personal prejudiced or if their girl friend likes you or if your family member and them have a conflict.

Maybe if it looked like you were driving recklessly. It depends on whether it's a revenue ticket or you're driving recklessly. A revenue generating ticket is where the speed limit is 65mph, and everyone's going 75mph, and you're going 77mph.

Suggestion: learn what driving recklessly is, and don't do it.

That's my point.

It's whatever the police defines.

Your word against his/hers (the state).

Think you're gonna win?  NOT.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SPC_Bitcoin

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

Coffee makes it all better!

View Profile
September 29, 2013, 11:57:53 PM

Can 'muricans buy it? hell no, we need that gas tax rolling in!

see #5

http://editorial.autos.msn.com/listarticle.aspx?cp-documentid=745437

NEVER GOT PAID.
420 (OP)

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 30, 2013, 12:12:15 AM

Can 'muricans buy it? hell no, we need that gas tax rolling in!

see #5

http://editorial.autos.msn.com/listarticle.aspx?cp-documentid=745437

is diesel taxed or are the truckers against that?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZbhjmtplCA

Donations: 1JVhKjUKSjBd7fPXQJsBs5P3Yphk38AqPr - TIPS
the hacks, the hacks, secure your bits!
FirstAscent

Activity: 812

View Profile
September 30, 2013, 12:43:24 AM

Has anyone else noticed the tendency of police to add the "reckless driving" charge on top of the regular infraction?

No, I haven't. But they will if your speeding was reckless - i.e. endangering others.

Or if they had a bad day or if they have a personal prejudiced or if their girl friend likes you or if your family member and them have a conflict.

Maybe if it looked like you were driving recklessly. It depends on whether it's a revenue ticket or you're driving recklessly. A revenue generating ticket is where the speed limit is 65mph, and everyone's going 75mph, and you're going 77mph.

Suggestion: learn what driving recklessly is, and don't do it.

That's my point.

It's whatever the police defines.

Your word against his/hers (the state).

Think you're gonna win?  NOT.

There are pretty obvious boundaries between the two.
skull88

Activity: 683

View Profile
September 30, 2013, 12:53:03 AM

Have you ever wondered what would happen if you didn't pay traffic tickets?
Nobody ever tried this in the US?  Undecided

I never pay a traffic ticket right away, a lot of these just go in the bin unpunished. For some you'll get a trial, which mostly ends in a higher fine. If you don't pay that one, they will take your license for 2 weeks or send a bailiff.

They have too much fines that don't get paid, so they can't process them all, unfortunately they probably found a solution. 1 out of 3 fines never gets paid in Belgium, while a few years ago it was 1/2. And from this year on they will deduct unpaid fines from your tax refund or in case of no refund you will just get this amount on top of it. Angry

BTC: 1MifMqtqqwMMAbb6zr8u6qEzWqq3CQeGUr
LTC: LhvMYEngkKS2B8FAcbnzHb2dvW8n9eHkdp
420 (OP)

View Profile
September 30, 2013, 01:34:55 AM

I never pay a traffic ticket right away, a lot of these just go in the bin unpunished. For some you'll get a trial, which mostly ends in a higher fine. If you don't pay that one, they will take your license for 2 weeks or send a bailiff.

They have too much fines that don't get paid, so they can't process them all, unfortunately they probably found a solution. 1 out of 3 fines never gets paid in Belgium, while a few years ago it was 1/2. And from this year on they will deduct unpaid fines from your tax refund or in case of no refund you will just get this amount on top of it. Angry

flee. flee the tyranny

TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2013, 12:03:54 PM

I don't get tickets often, but the last one I didn't pay for 2 years. I plead innocent then kept postponing the trial until I couldn't. Since it was a monkey court (NYC traffic courts aren't real courts) I got convicted.. Well that's two years of free interest.

Also I dont think people bother paying out of state tickets.

Police are starting to reciprocate sharing this kind of information with each other to increase fines collected. I can't wait until the local PD's have access to the DHS/NSA databases. That will be fun.
hayek

Activity: 370
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 30, 2013, 03:44:06 PM

Eventually my car was booted/towed.

look how safe I am!
sublime5447
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
September 30, 2013, 05:36:51 PM

Eventually my car was booted/towed.

look how safe I am!

That is how the state steals cars, they tow it then they impound, you have to pay the tow and and heavy daily impound fee, next thing you know you dont have a job because you cant get back and forth to work. 

It is for the common good... obviously  Sad
420 (OP)

View Profile
October 08, 2013, 06:37:29 PM

Well they cashed the check:

cp1

Activity: 616

Stop using branwallets

View Profile
October 08, 2013, 07:42:01 PM

Well they cashed the check:

The definition of laughing all the way to the bank.

Guide to armory offline install on USB key:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=241730.0
Ron Swanson

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 08, 2013, 10:53:23 PM

Hey OP I think the winning strategy here would be to not break the law in the first place.
Same with the dude who thinks fishing is a God given right.

Thanks for listening!
surebet

Activity: 495
Merit: 507

View Profile
October 08, 2013, 11:03:31 PM

Why did you blank out one amount, but left the other there? That's just weird.
Inedible

Activity: 700

What doesn't kill you only makes you sicker!

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 02:01:03 AM

You've read this whole thread and __that's__ what you find weirdest?

If this post was useful, interesting or entertaining, then you've misunderstood.
420 (OP)

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 03:32:23 AM

You've read this whole thread and __that's__ what you find weirdest?

he or she did make some afront comments before that; so you must make someone who didn't read the thread either Wink haha

welcome

bassclef

Activity: 924

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 05:20:31 AM

If you don't pay your parking tickets here in Chicago they simply boot your car if you have two or three or more outstanding after a certain period of time. There is a boot-mobile that constantly roves the city, scanning license plates, looking for cars to boot.

Chicago is a city of rackets. One of my favorites is "street cleaning" where neighborhood streets, full of parked cars, are regularly sectioned off to be cleaned. "Cleaning" is simply one of those little trucks that sweeps curbs with it's noisy spinning brush. Most of the time it's not needed. Naturally, they post bright orange signs telling residents when they cannot be parked there... three days before. Out of town? New to the city? Hung over and forgot to move your car where you pay $100 a year to park in the first place? $50 ticket for you. The schedule is available online if you're brave enough to navigate Chicago's system of terrible websites. Planning your life around this nonsense is crucial to avoid tickets, and the game of parking musical chairs that ensues in most neighborhoods would be hilarious if it wasn't so frustrating.

Naturally, there are always few dozen cars in my neighborhood that forget. And "street cleaning" happens once every 2-3 months. Ridiculous.
420 (OP)

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 05:52:38 AM

If you don't pay your parking tickets here in Chicago they simply boot your car if you have two or three or more outstanding after a certain period of time. There is a boot-mobile that constantly roves the city, scanning license plates, looking for cars to boot.

Chicago is a city of rackets. One of my favorites is "street cleaning" where neighborhood streets, full of parked cars, are regularly sectioned off to be cleaned. "Cleaning" is simply one of those little trucks that sweeps curbs with it's noisy spinning brush. Most of the time it's not needed. Naturally, they post bright orange signs telling residents when they cannot be parked there... three days before. Out of town? New to the city? Hung over and forgot to move your car where you pay $100 a year to park in the first place? $50 ticket for you. The schedule is available online if you're brave enough to navigate Chicago's system of terrible websites. Planning your life around this nonsense is crucial to avoid tickets, and the game of parking musical chairs that ensues in most neighborhoods would be hilarious if it wasn't so frustrating.

Naturally, there are always few dozen cars in my neighborhood that forget. And "street cleaning" happens once every 2-3 months. Ridiculous.

i would sponsor a gang of a neighborhood to disobey that shit and all show up in court shouting of the injustice

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]  All
  Print  

Jump to: