Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 04:54:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: Should I pay my Traffic Tickets?  (Read 8070 times)
420 (OP)

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 02:14:02 AM

Have you ever wondered what would happen if you didn't pay traffic tickets?

I'm in California and I have two tickets, and I'm tired of the fascist extortionist state.

My idea; if I can get 10BTC donated I will let you the forum/people decide what I do:

Option 1: Ignore the tickets and letters up to a notice of "Your License will be Suspended in X days"

Option 2: Try to fight the tickets with standard Trial by Declartion (already tried and lost for one ticket recently)

Option 3: Send a letter and include the fantastic video showing how speed limits are not aimed at safety at all:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BKdbxX1pDw

This could be like an ongoing Audience decided 'Reality Show', I can post updates on YouTube

Why 10BTC? that's close to the fine amount I'd be paying and only Nakamoto knows how much this fiasco will eventually cost me

You can donate to:
18gz9b1d7AbXZnafH6Jx5mzpX2EJoG87ss
(someone quote this so we know it's not changed)

Donations: 1JVhKjUKSjBd7fPXQJsBs5P3Yphk38AqPr - TIPS
the hacks, the hacks, secure your bits!
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
infested999

Activity: 854

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 02:20:04 AM

You can donate to:
(someone quote this so we know it's not changed)

▄███▄   ▄███▄
              █████   █████
      ▄███▄    ▀▀▀     ▀▀▀    ▄███▄
      █████     ▄██▄ ▄██▄     █████
       ▀▀▀ ▄██▄ ▀██▀ ▀██▀ ▄██▄ ▀▀▀
 ▄███▄     ▀██▀           ▀██▀     ▄███▄
 █████ ▄██▄                   ▄██▄ █████
  ▀▀▀  ▀██▀                   ▀██▀  ▀▀▀
                       ▄█
▄███▄ ▄██▄            ███ ███  ▄██▄ ▄███▄
█████ ▀██▀  ████      █████    ▀██▀ █████
 ▀▀▀         ▀███▄    ████           ▀▀▀
       ▄██▄    ████   ███     ▄██▄
 ▄███▄ ▀██▀     ▀███  ███     ▀██▀ ▄███▄
 █████            ███▄██           █████
  ▀▀▀              ▀████            ▀▀▀
                     ███
                     ███
                     ██
                   ███

████    ██
  ████    ██
    ████    ██
      ████    ██
        ████    ██
          ████    ██
          ████    ██
        ████    ██
      ████    ██
    ████    ██
  ████    ██
████    ██

White Paper
Yellow Paper
Pitch Deck
Telegram
LinkedIn
Twitter
420 (OP)

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 03:37:25 AM

If everything works out I'll simply forward the 10BTC donated funds to the effort to make a speeding license: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=238506.0

cp1

Activity: 616

Stop using branwallets

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 03:42:38 AM

Highway speed limits are set so that cars use less gas.

Guide to armory offline install on USB key:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=241730.0
420 (OP)

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 03:52:52 AM

This is not the end/purpose of 'speeding' laws

but this topic is on what you want me to do with my tickets

It will be for your entertainment!

infested999

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 03:58:17 AM

The US Government forces imported cars to use more gas to increase gas usage. For example there are no BMW 316i in the US, there are only 318. While in Europe the 316 is more common. This is to force people to use more gas.

related: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NsZWOjk9hzQ

▄███▄   ▄███▄
              █████   █████
                       ▄█
                     ███
                     ███
                     ██
                   ███

████    ██
  ████    ██
    ████    ██
      ████    ██
        ████    ██
          ████    ██
          ████    ██
        ████    ██
      ████    ██
    ████    ██
  ████    ██
████    ██

White Paper
Yellow Paper
Pitch Deck
Telegram
LinkedIn
Twitter
420 (OP)

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 06:48:20 AM

Who writes the vehicle code? specificially California's

TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2013, 02:29:38 PM

First of all I am not a lawyer. Follow this strategy at your own risk.

I have seen this strategy used successfully before fighting tickets. basically it goes like this...

You get to court, you are allowed to speak and you ask the judge...

"Do I have a right to a fair and impartial hearing in this court today?"

The judge should reply in the affirmative. Then you will ask...

"Your honor who is bringing fourth this complaint against me today?"

He will reply "The State of California."

You will then ask...

"Your honor who do you represent here today?"

He will reply:

"The State of California."

You then ask:

"Your honor, if the plaintiff here today is The State of California, and you represent The State of California, how is it possible for me to receive a fair hearing today in this court?"

He at this point has two choices...
1. He dismisses the case and leaves the court with his robes in a bunch.

2. He really hits you hard with everything he can think of such as maximum punishments for your ticket, contempt of court, etc. You might think this is a loss, but this is really a win. Why is that? Because if he continues with the charges after you have demonstrated the hearing is impartial you put the judge into the realm of PERSONAL CIVIL LIABILITY, meaning you can now sue the piss out of him and take HIS SHIT. They usually know this and use the threats as a form of intimidation. At this point you could remind him of his civil liability, or you could let him heap on the charges and then take all his crap later when you sue him. Obviously this option is only useful if you wish to actually sue him.

Again follow this strategy at your own risk. I am not a lawyer. I have however seen pissed off judges storm out of the court room after a scenario like this.
Inedible

Activity: 700

What doesn't kill you only makes you sicker!

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 02:33:46 PM

I have seen this strategy used successfully before fighting tickets. basically it goes like this...

You will then ask...

He will reply:

You then ask:

"Your honor, if the plaintiff here today is The State of California, and you represent The State of California, how is it possible for me to receive a fair hearing today in this court?"

2. He really hits you hard with everything he can think of such as maximum punishments for your ticket, contempt of court, etc. You might think this is a loss, but this is really a win. Why is that? Because if he continues with the charges after you have demonstrated the hearing is impartial you put the judge into the realm of PERSONAL CIVIL LIABILITY, meaning you can now sue the piss out of him and take HIS SHIT. They usually know this and use the threats as a form of intimidation. At this point you could remind him of his civil liability, or you could let him heap on the charges and then take all his crap later when you sue him. Obviously this option is only useful if you wish to actually sue him.

Again follow this strategy at your own risk. I am not a lawyer. I have however seen pissed off judges storm out of the court room after a scenario like this.

Check with a lawyer before attempting this strategy  Grin

If this post was useful, interesting or entertaining, then you've misunderstood.
cp1

Stop using branwallets

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 04:24:29 PM

People always dream big of sticking it to the man.

Guide to armory offline install on USB key:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=241730.0
grue
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1431

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 04:47:40 PM
Last edit: September 22, 2013, 05:01:17 PM by grue

ITT: people who don't know shit about law.

Your only hope of getting out of the ticket is proving you didn't do it, or the law is unconstitutional. Saying the "law is not effective at doing x" WILL NOT GET YOU ACQUITTED. If it did work, why has no lawyer ever tried this argument?

Option 3: Send a letter and include the fantastic video showing how speed limits are not aimed at safety at all:[/b]
The US Government forces imported cars to use more gas to increase gas usage. For example there are no BMW 316i in the US, there are only 318. While in Europe the 316 is more common. This is to force people to use more gas.

showing a youtube video is the least professional way, and possibly the least convincing way to present your argument.

It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Adblock for annoying signature ads | Enhanced Merit UI
420 (OP)

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 05:27:19 PM

I just want to be left alone; not a slave; able to travel freely by the most prevalent and popular and safe method with an automobile that I own and am very familiar with how to be safe in using it.

Your only hope of getting out of the ticket is proving you didn't do it, or the law is unconstitutional. Saying the "law is not effective at doing x" WILL NOT GET YOU ACQUITTED. If it did work, why has no lawyer ever tried this argument?

Option 3: Send a letter and include the fantastic video showing how speed limits are not aimed at safety at all:[/b]

showing a youtube video is the least professional way, and possibly the least convincing way to present your argument.

I'm not trying the best to get out of it; i was doing it for your entertainment and to see what happens; thus accepting donations for some compensation for my risks in doing this

Thanks TECSHARE, so this worked in California? This is the first court 'hearing' date I assume otherwise it would be an officer against me

millsdmb

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 05:31:53 PM

Ive had 11 Nolles, all I had to do was put on a tie and say I was sorry. Two of the nolles didn't even require me to show up to court - I got the notification by mail.

No knowledge of law needed here.

Plead not guilty.

Hitler Finds out about the Butterfly Labs Monarch http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jYNMKdv36w
Get $10 worth of BTC Free when you buy $100 worth at coinbase.com/?r=51dffa8970f85a53bd000034
420 (OP)

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 05:41:30 PM

My goal is not to apologize or get off

my goal is to start a revolution in new thinking or ideas; yeah, virtually impossible

Inedible

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 05:43:57 PM

I just want to be left alone; not a slave; able to travel freely by the most prevalent and popular and safe method with an automobile that I own and am very familiar with how to be safe in using it.

There are a lot of people who drive dangerously. They believe they're safe at driving too. By allowing everyone to drive by their own judgement, there'd be no way to prosecute those that are reckless. Unfortunately, the good, safe drivers are thus punished.

If there's anyone to blame, it's the dodgy drivers.

BTW, I'm not making a judgement on your driving just that everyone wants to be 'free' to enjoy their vehicle.

If this post was useful, interesting or entertaining, then you've misunderstood.
millsdmb

Activity: 322

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 05:46:31 PM

My goal is not to apologize or get off

my goal is to start a revolution in new thinking or ideas; yeah, virtually impossible

You want to fight tickets based on a technicality when police don't even need to show up for your court date anymore? You'll need a lawyer, but I think they're occupied getting not guilty verdicts for all the zimmermans of the world.

Good luck tho.

Hitler Finds out about the Butterfly Labs Monarch http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jYNMKdv36w
Get $10 worth of BTC Free when you buy $100 worth at coinbase.com/?r=51dffa8970f85a53bd000034
420 (OP)

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 05:53:55 PM

There are a lot of people who drive dangerously. They believe they're safe at driving too. By allowing everyone to drive by their own judgement, there'd be no way to prosecute those that are reckless. Unfortunately, the good, safe drivers are thus punished.

If there's anyone to blame, it's the dodgy drivers.

BTW, I'm not making a judgement on your driving just that everyone wants to be 'free' to enjoy their vehicle.

my car doesn't autodrive; it is driven by my judgement.

did you watch this video?

01BTC10
VIP

Merit: 503

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 05:54:38 PM

I don't know how it works in California, but in Canada they simply throw you in jail = criminal record.
420 (OP)

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 05:56:11 PM

I don't know how it works in California, but in Canada they simply throw you in jail = criminal record.

I've already been arrested before. America will arrest you for nothing. I know that's true with most every country

Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 3073

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2013, 06:00:36 PM

They don't incarcerate you for debts in Canada.  Not sure how it works in Quebec, but in Alberta if you don't pay your tickets you simply lose registration access.  You can no longer renew your driver's license, car registration, etc.  It's the same as if you don't pay child support.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
dwdoc
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

- - -Caveat Aleo- - -

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 06:05:42 PM

I've already been arrested before. America will arrest you for nothing. I know that's true with most every country

You are going through phases of grief because of your traffic tickets (currently stuck some where between bargaining and anger).  The sooner you get to depression and acceptance and pay your fines, the sooner you will avoid getting arrested for driving without a license followed by more phases of grief.
01BTC10
VIP

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 06:21:00 PM
Last edit: September 22, 2013, 06:35:55 PM by 01BTC10

They don't incarcerate you for debts in Canada.  Not sure how it works in Quebec, but in Alberta if you don't pay your tickets you simply lose registration access.  You can no longer renew your driver's license, car registration, etc.  It's the same as if you don't pay child support.
In Quebec, they suspend your license then throw you in jail if you persist at not paying your fine. Alternatively, you are offered to do community work instead.

It looks like it's the same in Alberta:

3. What Happens if I do not Pay My Fine?
This depends on who issued the fine in the first place, the amount of the fine and the severity of the offence. Unpaid fines can result in a range of penalties.

If you do not pay City or Provincial fines, you may not be able to register a vehicle or renew a driver's license until the amounts are paid. If there are multiple violations or a large fine that has not been paid, there is a chance that a warrant will be issued, and that you may be arrested and held in custody.

Unpaid Criminal fines carry severe consequences. Each criminal fine carries "Days in Default", which are the number of days a person will spend in jail if the fine is not paid at the due date. The bottom line is if you do not pay criminal fines on time, there is a good chance that you will go to jail. Note that larger Provincial Offences, such as Driving with No Insurance, are 'pay or stay' fines and if unpaid, a warrant will always be issued.
http://www.slsedmonton.com/criminal/unpaid-fines-and-debt/

If you don't pay your ticket then it will eventually become a "large" unpaid fine.

There is a clear distinction between debt and police fine:
4. Can collection agencies send you to jail?
No. The police do not become involved in debt collection.
grue
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1431

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 06:32:15 PM

Thanks TECSHARE, so this worked in California? This is the first court 'hearing' date I assume otherwise it would be an officer against me
I highly doubt his argument worked. If it did, every lawyer would be using it as a precedent in their cases, and it would be a landmark case. Not to mention being paid by the state doesn't imply the judge won't be able to give an impartial hearing.

Ive had 11 Nolles, all I had to do was put on a tie and say I was sorry. Two of the nolles didn't even require me to show up to court - I got the notification by mail.

No knowledge of law needed here.

Plead not guilty.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but apology implies you admit to doing it.

It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Adblock for annoying signature ads | Enhanced Merit UI
btc4ever

Activity: 321

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 06:37:21 PM

I would be curious ( and entertained ) to see someone try this in a california court.

You will then ask...

He will reply:

You then ask:

Psst!!  Wanna make bitcoin unstoppable? Why the Only Real Way to Buy Bitcoins Is on the Streets. Avoid banks and centralized exchanges.   Buy/Sell coins locally.  Meet other bitcoiners and develop your network.   Try localbitcoins.com or find or start a buttonwood / satoshi square in your area.  Pass it on!
420 (OP)

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 06:58:14 PM

I would be curious ( and entertained ) to see someone try this in a california court.

well can you come with me and bring a camera?

If 50% (probably much less) of people followed suit with not complying; the enforcement would stop

User705
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1006

First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 07:54:25 PM

The above strategy is utter nonsense because that line of reasoning would apply to every single prosecution and that would mean no one gets prosecuted for anything.  Your best bet is to show up and the cop is not there.  Most judges in California overcrowded courts aren't judges but judge pro tem which is just a lawyer and you can say you don't want him.  If you get to an actual judge you can give him a story about why you aren't ready and ask for a new date.  So simple strategy show up and if cop is there and it's not an actual judge don't accept that.  If you get to a judge and cop is there try to get another date.  It may be possible to have your statutory time limit between arraignment and trial date lapse this way as well so it will eventually just get dismissed even if cop does show up. 

420 (OP)

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 08:04:40 PM

The above strategy is utter nonsense because that line of reasoning would apply to every single prosecution and that would mean no one gets prosecuted for anything.  Your best bet is to show up and the cop is not there.  Most judges in California overcrowded courts aren't judges but judge pro tem which is just a lawyer and you can say you don't want him.  If you get to an actual judge you can give him a story about why you aren't ready and ask for a new date.  So simple strategy show up and if cop is there and it's not an actual judge don't accept that.  If you get to a judge and cop is there try to get another date.  It may be possible to have your statutory time limit between arraignment and trial date lapse this way as well so it will eventually just get dismissed even if cop does show up. 

how do you tell if it is a judge pro tem?

2dogs
Legendary

Activity: 1267

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 08:16:58 PM

I'm in California and I have two tickets, and I'm tired of the fascist extortionist state.

Come on, we all know it is about the revenue.

Kudos to the OP on trying wake the peeps up and trying to get them to fight back.

The only way to stop the madness is to starve the beast.

.gov cannot run without the revenue (taxes, tickets, licenses fees, etc.)

At least at the local level.

Perhaps the fed can, cause all they have to do is print more $$$.

Back to the original topic, if you can  - spring for an attorney, it levels the playing field.
User705
Legendary

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 08:24:14 PM

how do you tell if it is a judge pro tem?
They make you sign a form that you are ok with not having a real judge hear your case.  What are your charges?  I can try to give you some pointers on different defenses if you are going the self representation route.

User705
Legendary

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 08:29:21 PM

Starving the beast is a good strategy.  Use up as much resources as you can and use the systems overcapacity to your advantage.   

420 (OP)

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 08:38:57 PM

Starving the beast is a good strategy.  Use up as much resources as you can and use the systems overcapacity to your advantage.   

That's my strategy. They'll spend thousands on trying to get one thousand out of me; hot stupid are they

this is interesting:

http://neomoney.net/?p=259

if a story like that spreads the locals should be outraged. that money could be put to MUCH better use

sublime5447
Legendary

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 08:58:30 PM

I got a seat belt ticket a few years back and forgot all about it. A couple months later an officer came by my house and left a card.

I was like shit I missed my court date. I need to fix this, so I gave him a call. Said man I messed up and want to fix this. What do I need to do? He says oh no big deal just come on down here. I asked do I need to bring anything and he say just yourself. I said bullshit and stopped at the atm and withdrew 250 usd. When I got down there they immediately arrested me, booked me , took my bio metrics then set my bond at 400 usd secured bond. Had to spend most of the day in jail and call my dad to come and bring me some cash

Just 3 days ago I went to court over a fishing licence ticket. I tool the officer when he gave me the ticket that he was stealing from me and my family, called him a thief at which point he asked why I dint have a licence and I told him that i didnt need a licence to fish that it wasnt him or the state of north carolina that gave me the right to fish. I told him I was born with right. He did not like it. So when I went to court he showed up and told the judge I gave him a hard time. Without letting me say one word she tacked on another 250 usd to the fine for a total of 430 usd.

I have 2 felony convictions have spent 6 years on probation, 5 months in prison, and given the state over 100k  take it from someone who knows. If you stir up shit you are the one that is gonna be left stinking

Just pay the god damn fine and keep working to defund the state with bitcoin  
User705
Legendary

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 09:51:41 PM

That's just you being dumb.  Cops will lie to you.  If you have a warrant out why go to the cops and think it will be cool.  Also if you are going to mouth off to a cop make sure you are recording it so you can prove in court exactly what you said.  Just use the systems rules to your advantage.  While maybe morally and ethically you have every right to fish that doesn't change the actual reality.

420 (OP)

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 09:53:15 PM

That's just you being dumb.  Cops will lie to you.  If you have a warrant out why go to the cops and think it will be cool.  Also if you are going to mouth off to a cop make sure you are recording it so you can prove in court exactly what you said.  Just use the systems rules to your advantage.  While maybe morally and ethically you have every right to fish that doesn't change the actual reality.

ignoring the cop might be the most worthwhile; force them to arrest you or leave you alone; take the pick; if they arrest they risk arresting someone that does have a license;
 i dont think cops love confrontation either.

sublime5447
Legendary

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 09:58:17 PM

Let me know how those tactics work out for you two  Roll Eyes

They have all the power and dont mind using it

When ever you are bent over spreading you ass checks apart so they can look inside your asshole. Think of me  Grin

you are fleas on the nuts of the state
420 (OP)

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 09:59:27 PM

Let me know how those tactics work out for you two  Roll Eyes

what if I send the payment with a note: "Here's your extortion money"

sublime5447
Legendary

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 10:01:37 PM

This is a good course of action. Makes you feel better and they get what they were always after..YOUR MONEY
TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2013, 10:33:31 PM

"Cashing this check is a sworn admission that you have committed the crime of extortion."

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
420 (OP)

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 11:31:34 PM

"Cashing this check is a sworn admission that you have committed the crime of extortion."

Write that on the check or on the accompanying letter?

starting to sound good.

TheButterZone
Legendary

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2013, 11:34:45 PM

starting to sound good.

On the check, otherwise they can claim they "lost" the letter. If you have/get software that lets you print custom checks, make that the watermark. LOL

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
420 (OP)

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 11:39:12 PM

starting to sound good.

On the check, otherwise they can claim they "lost" the letter. If you have/get software that lets you print custom checks, make that the watermark. LOL

Okay anyone willing to donate to my cause for me to do this?

TheButterZone
Legendary

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2013, 11:42:26 PM

Free if you use http://checkeeper.com/ or something like it.

Foxpup
Legendary

Activity: 4354
Merit: 3042

Vile Vixen and Miss Bitcointalk 2021-2023

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 11:47:32 PM

You will then ask...

He will reply:

Huh No he won't. He'll say he represents the court. Judges represent the judiciary, which is a separate entity from the rest of the government precisely to avoid this kind of conflict of interest.

Will pretend to do unspeakable things (while actually eating a taco) for bitcoins: 1K6d1EviQKX3SVKjPYmJGyWBb1avbmCFM4
I am not on the scammers' paradise known as Telegram! Do not believe anyone claiming to be me off-forum without a signed message from the above address! Accept no excuses and make no exceptions!
User705
Legendary

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 12:11:18 AM

Just curious what you imagine will happen besides them simply cashing the check?

01BTC10
VIP

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 12:12:51 AM

Just curious what you imagine will happen besides them simply cashing the check?
Them having a good laugh all the way to the bank.
surebet

Activity: 495
Merit: 507

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 12:13:21 AM

This thread is going places.
TheButterZone
Legendary

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2013, 12:20:03 AM

Them having a good laugh all the way to the bank.

They'll either laugh and cash it, or shit gets real: 1) They don't cash it thinking it'll bounce, request another check, he sends the next check number, otherwise the same, until they give up 2) They charge him with check fraud despite them being valid, with account/routing number, etc. and they open themselves up to a lawsuit for false arrest/malicious prosecution.

420 (OP)

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 12:47:52 AM

Ok what should I write in the MEMO?

I get a nice youtube video out of it Smiley

User705
Legendary

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 12:56:30 AM

Ok what should I write in the MEMO?

I get a nice youtube video out of it Smiley
Expensive video for you.

TheButterZone
Legendary

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2013, 12:57:00 AM

"Signed under threat of violence."

Inedible

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 12:58:04 AM

Was the fine for speeding or something?

SaltySpitoon
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 2154

Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 01:11:21 AM

What if you tried to pay your Traffic Ticket in Bitcoins?
sublime5447
Legendary

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 01:12:47 AM

Was the fine for speeding or something?

YES
TheButterZone
Legendary

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2013, 01:17:28 AM

What if you tried to pay your Traffic Ticket in Bitcoins?

Heh, paper wallet, "valid for 7 days only" (or less) on it.

Biglab

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 01:23:46 AM

If you dont pay and let them build up...warrant my friend.
elektibi75

Activity: 326

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 07:29:31 AM

it's always nice thou...

█ DARFChain █ DARFChain - smart escrow engine, based on proof-of-accounting consensus █....
▞▬▬▬▞▬▬▬▞▬▬▬▞▬▬▬▞▬▬▬▞▬▬▬▚▬▬▬▚▬▬▬▚▬▬▬▚▬▬▬▚▬▬▬▚
• Whitepaper • ANN Thread • Telegram • Facebook • Reddit • Slack • YouTube • VK
makebitcoin

Activity: 308

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 06:48:18 PM

Always pay your fines, you will only get into more trouble by not paying in first world countries.
If you are creative or you have proof that there is some situation where you shouldnt have been paying try to fight the ticket.
Dont be an ass though and try to fight every ticket when you have no valid reason or proof.
You will lose valuable time and you might get frustrated (unless you are a person who thrives on shit like that, if thats the case fight every ticket Wink)
420 (OP)

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 09:39:31 PM

This is turning extremely difficult to pay the fine psychologically.

i am disgusted

sublime5447
Legendary

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 09:48:33 PM

Welcome to the fucked up world we live in. 1984 is real my friend.

Nothing can be done about it  Cry

Other than taking away the funding
cp1

Stop using branwallets

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 09:51:02 PM

1984?  It's just a speeding ticket.

420 (OP)

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 10:10:13 PM

1984?  It's just a speeding ticket.

how could i live if i didn't pay they arrest me or just take away a license?

I just imagine the people who wouldn't have the money to pay; one ticket is half a day's drive away if you want to plead to the judge.

This is today's tyranny; yeah it's the light side compared to jailing drug users and tear gassing protestors and bystanders at the G20 protests

sublime5447
Legendary

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 10:34:25 PM

Nothing can be done about it  Cry

1984?  It's just a speeding ticket.

Maybe to you.

This is just the tip of the ice burg.

To drive first you have to give over the right to your private property.. by registering you car with the state. It is not your car. Dont pay your taxes on it and watch them take it

Then you are mandated to buy private insurance so that you can drive it down the road. It is not your money you dont get to decide how to spend it. You get to spend it the way that the state mandates  

Then you are mandated to wear your seat belt. It is not your life you can not decide the risk you are willing to take

Then you have to get it inspected. I was an auto tech for 10 years and I cant make the decision if my vehicle is safe or not

Then you have to run mandated fuel through it with ethanol that destroys the fuel delivery system

The you have to follow arbitrary speed limits again you dont get to decide what is a safe.

There is nothing about it that is not dictated to you.

You dont even get to decide on the body style. You get the body style that the state mandates the manufactures to produce

cp1

Stop using branwallets

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 10:37:52 PM

You're right, it's a full blown tyranny.

420 (OP)

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 10:43:12 PM

micro-managed tyranny; the state has long wished it could do what it has the ability to do now

sublime5447
Legendary

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 10:43:44 PM
Last edit: September 24, 2013, 03:39:53 AM by sublime5447

See the above post. It is absolutely tyranny. The definition of a tyrannical state is one in which every aspect of life is dictated. I cant think of one aspect of driving that is not dictated.

Just because you dont mind giving up freedom for safety or bowing to your overloads doesn't mean that the rest of us should have to take it in the ass.  
420 (OP)

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 11:15:32 PM

See the above post. It is absolutely tyranny. The definition of a tyrannical state is one in which every aspect of life is dictated. I cant think of one aspect of driving that is not dictated.

Just because you dont mind giving up freedom for safety or bowing to your overloads doesn't mean that they rest of us should have to take it in the ass. 

does anyone know a country where driving isn't nearly regulated this heavy?

01BTC10
VIP

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 11:37:44 PM

Does speed really kill? Sometimes, yes, but when the speed limits are set artificially low, and enforcement is targeted to those areas where the limit is far below traffic speed, then all the speed kills campaign does is keep drivers complacent about paying fines that don't improve safety.

In this video, I investigate the culture and science surrounding speed enforcement in BC, coupled with my trademark Simpsons, Supertroopers, and Family Guy references.

Enjoy!

420 (OP)

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 12:33:12 AM

Does speed really kill? Sometimes, yes, but when the speed limits are set artificially low, and enforcement is targeted to those areas where the limit is far below traffic speed, then all the speed kills campaign does is keep drivers complacent about paying fines that don't improve safety.

In this video, I investigate the culture and science surrounding speed enforcement in BC, coupled with my trademark Simpsons, Supertroopers, and Family Guy references.

Enjoy!

that guy produced that video at the perfect time for that area of canada right

1million views in a week

cp1

Stop using branwallets

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 03:33:57 AM

Whatever you do don't tell the judge he can't be your judge because of conflict of interest with California.

420 (OP)

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 03:41:05 AM

With my usual lack of charisma; here it is:

http://youtu.be/xXtGh3riZNg

What say you?

Maybe we could get a group of 12+ people; get a ticket in the same speed trap and burn our tickets in front of the courthouse in protest. Get a news crew of course.

surebet

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 05:12:15 AM

Care to give any details, like where you were, what kind of posted limit there was and what was your actual speed?
420 (OP)

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 06:07:48 AM

Care to give any details, like where you were, what kind of posted limit there was and what was your actual speed?

80 in a 65; mild traffic, central california

User705
Legendary

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 08:41:08 AM

If it was a speed trap there are defenses you can use.  Grab a cal trans manual and look up the survey for that stretch of road.

MAbtc

Activity: 826
Merit: 508

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 09:29:41 AM

Ah, I just pay em when I get em. I can't have the man messing with me.
surebet

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 11:33:05 AM

Why are you asking for 1300$ to cover a 146$ fine?
User705
Legendary

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 05:17:39 PM

You must not be from California.  It's called taxes.

420 (OP)

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 06:22:20 PM

Why are you asking for 1300$ to cover a 146$ fine?

I've payed $1,000+ in tickets this year

I said that was for entertainment value; if I received those I would have done the option the audience chooses; you choose my fate HAHA

Rassah
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2013, 08:19:43 PM

At least this was actually legit speeding and, with posted speed limit signs around, you'd be at least somewhat aware of the consequences. Worst I had was in VA, where the speed limit for I95 is 75mph is some places, and the unposted law is that 80mph+ is automatically considered reckless driving. So, doing just 5mph over the speed limit, which is fairly common, instantly sets you up with threat of suspended license and jail time, or a $300 lawyer bill and reduced ticket. I got about 20 letters from lawyers even before I received the ticket itself in the mail. F'in racket.
420 (OP)

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 08:21:20 PM

At least this was actually legit speeding and, with posted speed limit signs around, you'd be at least somewhat aware of the consequences. Worst I had was in VA, where the speed limit for I95 is 75mph is some places, and the unposted law is that 80mph+ is automatically considered reckless driving. So, doing just 5mph over the speed limit, which is fairly common, instantly sets you up with threat of suspended license and jail time, or a $300 lawyer bill and reduced ticket. I got about 20 letters from lawyers even before I received the ticket itself in the mail. F'in racket.

Are you saying you were pulled over or a camera got you? then lawyers are somehow notified?

I was in a racket before as well.

I don't think fines should be moral; either you did something bad enough to be arrested and jail; or  you should be left alone

Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2013, 09:08:19 PM

Are you saying you were pulled over or a camera got you? then lawyers are somehow notified?

I was pulled over, doing 82 in a 75, in the middle of the day, down a completely empty 2 lane highway in southern VA, middle of nowhere. Yeah, you're right, I got the ticket right away, but since it was reckless driving, it as the court summons that they mailed. For that charge you have to appear in court. Which was 5 hours south of my house. The lawyers jumped on me because all traffic tickets and such appear on VA's public website.
420 (OP)

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 09:54:44 PM

I was pulled over, doing 82 in a 75, in the middle of the day, down a completely empty 2 lane highway in southern VA, middle of nowhere. Yeah, you're right, I got the ticket right away, but since it was reckless driving, it as the court summons that they mailed. For that charge you have to appear in court. Which was 5 hours south of my house. The lawyers jumped on me because all traffic tickets and such appear on VA's public website.

did you pick a lawyer?

Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2013, 10:12:40 PM

did you pick a lawyer?

Yeah. Picked the cheapest offer, he went to court for me, the ticket was changed to "equipment malfunction" probably by default, and I just had a $45 ticket plus the few $100 (either $200 or $300, don't remember) lawyer fee.
420 (OP)

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 10:17:52 PM

did you pick a lawyer?

Yeah. Picked the cheapest offer, he went to court for me, the ticket was changed to "equipment malfunction" probably by default, and I just had a $45 ticket plus the few $100 (either $200 or $300, don't remember) lawyer fee.

how does it relate to equipment malfunction?? like your speedometer said a lower speed

SaltySpitoon
Legendary

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 11:48:52 PM

Virginia is the most miserable state ever for speeding tickets. They will give you a ticket for going 61 in a 60 zone. I had a friend who got pulled over doing 61 in a 55 zone, and they charged him criminally. He had to drive back to Virginia to go to court, but the officer didn't show up so he got off.

My dad was driving to visit me a few days ago, and he was driving through Virginia. I got a call from him saying he was running late, because there was a car wreck, and he pulled over to provide first aid to keep a woman and her kids from bleeding out. The sheriff and medics thanked him when they arrived, and he went on his way. About a half a mile down the road, he got pulled over for doing 68 in a 60 and got a ticket.
420 (OP)

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 11:55:00 PM

Virginia is the most miserable state ever for speeding tickets. They will give you a ticket for going 61 in a 60 zone. I had a friend who got pulled over doing 61 in a 55 zone, and they charged him criminally. He had to drive back to Virginia to go to court, but the officer didn't show up so he got off.

My dad was driving to visit me a few days ago, and he was driving through Virginia. I got a call from him saying he was running late, because there was a car wreck, and he pulled over to provide first aid to keep a woman and her kids from bleeding out. The sheriff and medics thanked him when they arrived, and he went on his way. About a half a mile down the road, he got pulled over for doing 68 in a 60 and got a ticket.

that'll teach him to take time to help people!

Inedible

View Profile
September 26, 2013, 04:53:43 AM

I get that there are some cops that are just out there to be difficult and cause people grief but in this instance, you're 15 over the limit.

The speed limit is there for a multitude of reasons. Number one will be safety of others.

Are you saying you're so good a driver that you can drive safely at 80 whilst everyone else should drive slower?

Are you saying that everyone should be allowed to drive at 80 regardless of the safety issues?

It's always annoying to be caught but caught you were and at least on 10 other occasions. Either you need to slow down or you need to accept that you have to pay these fines.

Think of it as a charge that better drivers can pay to drive faster than everyone else if it helps you feel better.

01BTC10
VIP

View Profile
September 26, 2013, 11:01:27 AM

The speed limit is there for a multitude of reasons. Number one will be safety of others.
If you look at my video, the conclusion is that the no1 reason is to fund the state. Sometimes when the limit is too low then it's even more dangerous. Grin
420 (OP)

View Profile
September 26, 2013, 03:54:26 PM

I get that there are some cops that are just out there to be difficult and cause people grief but in this instance, you're 15 over the limit.

Are you saying you're so good a driver that you can drive safely at 80 whilst everyone else should drive slower?

Are you saying that everyone should be allowed to drive at 80 regardless of the safety issues?

It's always annoying to be caught but caught you were and at least on 10 other occasions. Either you need to slow down or you need to accept that you have to pay these fines.

Think of it as a charge that better drivers can pay to drive faster than everyone else if it helps you feel better.

a majority of cars were driving 75-85. Yes I am such a good driver as well.

yes everyone should be allowed to drive at least 90 I'd say.

If everyone were paying every time they exceeding the 'speed limit' either they wouldn't speed or they'd work to change the laws; and i hope the latter.

The quicker we get off the road the less traffic congestion which is a big problem in california

If you look at my video, the conclusion is that the no1 reason is to fund the state. Sometimes when the limit is too low then it's even more dangerous. Grin

Does this mean you created that video?

Schleicher

Activity: 675
Merit: 513

View Profile
September 26, 2013, 04:33:39 PM

The quicker we get off the road the less traffic congestion which is a big problem in california
Well, it's not that easy.
Traffic jams and accidents are more likely if there are big speed differences between cars.

01BTC10
VIP

View Profile
September 26, 2013, 04:37:42 PM

Does this mean you created that video?
No, it only means that sometime I lack proper English writing skills.
MAbtc

Activity: 826
Merit: 508

View Profile
September 26, 2013, 05:12:44 PM

100% agree there.... 
420 (OP)

View Profile
September 26, 2013, 06:14:41 PM

Well, it's not that easy.
Traffic jams and accidents are more likely if there are big speed differences between cars.

The main problem is inherent; too many cars and too little road.

See the autobahn. Great diversity in driving speed; less accidents and less jams

Marbit

Activity: 686

View Profile
September 26, 2013, 09:22:53 PM

i don't pay traffic tickets.  Smiley
01BTC10
VIP

View Profile
September 26, 2013, 09:32:06 PM

I don't get caught when speeding. Well, only once in 12 years  Grin
Axios
Donator

Activity: 131
Merit: 100

Axios Foundation

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2013, 09:42:19 PM

The main problem is inherent; too many cars and too little road.

See the autobahn. Great diversity in driving speed; less accidents and less jams

Um... European drivers are just better.

420 (OP)

View Profile
September 26, 2013, 09:57:04 PM

how many times have you been arrested? where

MerchantMiner

Activity: 56

View Profile
September 27, 2013, 12:06:47 AM

You will then ask...

He will reply:

You then ask:

This works in the UK , check out Freeman of the Land , John Harris on youtube . our law is what created your law , we gave the USA the blueprint for the Constitution , we have the Magna Carta
420 (OP)

View Profile
September 27, 2013, 12:17:05 AM

We're supposed to have the magna carta too

Marbit

Activity: 686

View Profile
September 27, 2013, 08:40:55 AM

how many times have you been arrested? where
baltimore area. ive been picked up 3 times because of tickets over the years. they can't take what they can't find. blood from stones.  Cheesy
randomcloud

Activity: 49

View Profile
September 27, 2013, 12:56:47 PM

To anyone with legal knowledge:

Couldn't the OP just move to another state if he really didn't want to pay the tickets and was willing to accept a warrant?
420 (OP)

View Profile
September 27, 2013, 03:47:10 PM

baltimore area. ive been picked up 3 times because of tickets over the years. they can't take what they can't find. blood from stones.  Cheesy

so they keep you for a day and let you go? hah

Hey, Here we go; here's my conversation with CHP seeing what would happen if I don't sign the ticket (get arrested)

and he says his job is for the money $:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hg1TD_gCwNY

surebet

View Profile
September 27, 2013, 06:49:38 PM

Again?
FirstAscent

Activity: 812

View Profile
September 27, 2013, 07:16:02 PM

so they keep you for a day and let you go? hah

Hey, Here we go; here's my conversation with CHP seeing what would happen if I don't sign the ticket (get arrested)

and he says his job is for the money $:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hg1TD_gCwNY

I watched part of the video then got a little bored.

The CHP deals with all these things (I'm surprised you actually asked, indicating you don't know):

- Disabled cars
- Debris on the roadway
- Accidents
- Traffic enforcement

Surely you acknowledge the necessity of patrolling for the first three.

Now, consider what he said: he doesn't know you're the greatest driver. And so what if you've driven accros the country. That's not much. I've driven 1.5 million miles. Consistency in speed is necessary. Speeders kill. We know that.

Was your ticket for revenue rather than safety? Probably. But still, don't be one of those idiots who claims he's better than everyone else and thus has greater rights than others. If there wasn't a speed law, then you'd have more speeders, more inconsistent speeds on the highway, and more accidents.
420 (OP)

View Profile
September 27, 2013, 07:34:14 PM

The CHP deals with all these things (I'm surprised you actually asked, indicating you don't know):

- Disabled cars
- Debris on the roadway
- Accidents
- Traffic enforcement

Now, consider what he said: he doesn't know you're the greatest driver. And so what if you've driven accros the country. That's not much. I've driven 1.5 million miles. Consistency in speed is necessary. Speeders kill. We know that.

Was your ticket for revenue rather than safety? Probably. But still, don't be one of those idiots who claims he's better than everyone else and thus has greater rights than others. If there wasn't a speed law, then you'd have more speeders, more inconsistent speeds on the highway, and more accidents.

The video tells you where to skip to

No one else of the dozens of cars going 80 in a 65 got in an accident. NONE. His going from a stop to probably 100mph to catch up to me from a stop has much more short term risk than me flowing with the speed of traffic.

Disabled cars & debris don't merit a daily patrol. He wouldn't answer how many accidents he responds to in comparison to how many tickets; which I can guess is much more tickets than accident responses.

Cameras could detect debris and accidents and report; also this could be used to charge speeders just like red light cameras; why doesn't this happen? Well he says he'd lose his job. There's a force that would not want these because these officers would lose their job and nice income. If every person was charged for speeding from cameras every time they were on a highway there'd be public outrage.

FirstAscent

View Profile
September 27, 2013, 07:39:13 PM

- Disabled cars
- Debris on the roadway
- Accidents
- Traffic enforcement

The video tells you where to skip to

No one else of the dozens of cars going 80 in a 65 got in an accident. NONE. His going from a stop to probably 100mph to catch up to me from a stop has much more short term risk than me flowing with the speed of traffic.

Disabled cars & debris don't merit a daily patrol. He wouldn't answer how many accidents he responds to in comparison to how many tickets; which I can guess is much more tickets than accident responses.

Cameras could detect debris and accidents and report; also this could be used to charge speeders just like red light cameras; why doesn't this happen? Well he says he'd lose his job. There's a force that would not want these because these officers would lose their job and nice income. If every person was charged for speeding from cameras every time they were on a highway there'd be public outrage.

Dude, you have driven way less than me and seen less than me. I routinely get stopped due to a CHP break to remove debris. Disabled cars are guarded and moved out of the way. Don't even engage with me about 1, 2, or 3.

Now, regarding speeding, I already admitted that your speeding offense is probably just a revenue generator. But that serves the purpose of preventing the less experienced drivers such as you who don't realize all the ramifications of speeding and what can happen from pushing the boundaries.
420 (OP)

View Profile
September 27, 2013, 07:41:37 PM

What state are you in?

I'm not pushing the boundaries. there's 85mph limits in texas. this is sunny california. 80 in a 65 is nowhere near any boundaries for handling.

My car's and most car's max is well over 100mph. spedometer shows 140+

tires are rated to 120+

Experience is not the matter here any way.

the most likely outcome of an accident is only hurting my vehicle and myself.

FirstAscent

View Profile
September 27, 2013, 07:49:12 PM

What state are you in?

We were discussing what the CHP does. Make some deductions.

I'm not pushing the boundaries. there's 85mph limits in texas. this is sunny california. 80 in a 65 is nowhere near any boundaries for handling.

Depends on the freeway. You're still naive.

My car's and most car's max is well over 100mph. spedometer shows 140+

tires are rated to 120+

Experience is not the matter here any way.

Experience is the matter here.

the most likely outcome of an accident is only hurting my vehicle and myself.

That was a very dumb statement you just made. Please turn in your license right now.
sublime5447
Legendary

View Profile
September 27, 2013, 08:20:08 PM

Human beings are self regulating people dont refrain from speeding because they think they will get a ticket the dont speed because they feel uncomfortable going fast.

There are exceptions, I am speaking to the real motivation that keeps people from engaging in risky behavior. It is not the threat of force from the state. It is the law of economics that people behave in ways that are in their own self interest.

If the highway patrol wasn't there individuals would get out of their cars and clear road debris, If there are no speed limits people would self regulate their speed, if there where no stop lights people would treat the intersection like a 4 way stop

The state is a gun pointed at your head everything they do is with the initiation of force against mostly peaceful people. Force and coercion is wrong not matter if it is the thief robbing the convenience store or the thief stealing from you with a badge they are both crooks who use guns to force other people to do what they want.

SaltySpitoon
Legendary

View Profile
September 27, 2013, 08:24:25 PM

Wow 0.o how did you get a speeding ticket in the Baltimore Area? Thats where I'm at now, and they wont touch you if you are doing less than 20 over the speed limit. A friend and I got a friendly warning for going 93mph on I95, but I've actually never been ticketed.

The best part about living around here, is the police in general aren't ass hats. I've found that if you aren't killing someone or peddling crack, they leave you alone.
sublime5447
Legendary

View Profile
September 27, 2013, 08:28:10 PM

Wow 0.o how did you get a speeding ticket in the Baltimore Area? Thats where I'm at now, and they wont touch you if you are doing less than 20 over the speed limit. A friend and I got a friendly warning for going 93mph on I95, but I've actually never been ticketed.

The best part about living around here, is the police in general aren't ass hats. I've found that if you aren't killing someone or peddling crack, they leave you alone.

Must be nice
FirstAscent

View Profile
September 27, 2013, 08:30:11 PM

If the highway patrol wasn't there individuals would get out of their cars and clear road debris

I think I can refute just about everything you said by way of simply pointing out that you don't understand human behavior, haven't witnessed it enough, and are biased by way of what you want to believe.

Road debris is passed at 70 mph. By road debris, I mean ladders, lumber, chairs, bumpers, etc. In fact, it's nearly impossible to clear without a highway patrol running what is called a break, beginning a mile back.
sublime5447
Legendary

View Profile
September 27, 2013, 08:51:48 PM
Last edit: September 27, 2013, 09:11:42 PM by sublime5447

If the highway patrol wasn't there individuals would get out of their cars and clear road debris

I think I can refute just about everything you said by way of simply pointing out that you don't understand human behavior, haven't witnessed it enough, and are biased by way of what you want to believe.

Road debris is passed at 70 mph. By road debris, I mean ladders, lumber, chairs, bumpers, etc. In fact, it's nearly impossible to clear without a highway patrol running what is called a break, beginning a mile back.

Ya right I havent been around dude you have no Idea what you are talking about. I have more life experience than you almost guaranteed my life has been a trip.  

Short list--

Spent almost 2 years on tour with widespreadpanic
Spent 5 months in prison
taken every hallucinogen know to man
was in a fatal car accident where my girl friend was killed
Owned several business
watched my uncle die from pancreatic cancer
was an auto tech for 9 years
sunk my boat and had a 18 hour swim to shore
traveled the south east on the north florida shroom guide
am an ammature mycologist
been living on my own since 17
live through hurrican katrina right on the gulf cost the eye pasted over me
Am married with a son
was on probation for 6 years
have two felony convictions
have lived in both rural and urban communities
have paid over 100k to the state for various reasons
Sold 480 thousand dollars worth of weed in 3 months
Have carried over 100k in usd took 5 hours betwwen 2 people just to count
And much more.

I have been around    
420 (OP)

View Profile
September 27, 2013, 08:56:11 PM

Have you lived in both rural and urban communities, multiple years each?

surebet

View Profile
September 28, 2013, 04:41:43 AM

And how much would that cost? Also, have you ever seen the average traffic camera? The resolution is shit. If they were to cover 100% of the road with high resolution cameras you can be sure they'd recoup that cost with the most sophisticated network of speed cameras ever.

If the highway patrol wasn't there individuals would get out of their cars and clear road debris.

So you're advocating for untrained people to stop willy nilly and risk their lives to fuck around on a highway to remove debris?

What happens if it's a couple of crashed cars?
420 (OP)

View Profile
September 28, 2013, 04:51:37 AM

So you're advocating for untrained people to stop willy nilly and risk their lives to fuck around on a highway to remove debris?

cellphone networks and a more sophisticated digital road sign system could help this

i think I've actually pulled debris from the highway before

surebet

View Profile
September 28, 2013, 05:06:00 AM

cellphone networks and a more sophisticated digital road sign system could help this

This only works on the most deserted highways.

FirstAscent

View Profile
September 28, 2013, 05:34:17 AM
Last edit: September 28, 2013, 05:46:35 AM by FirstAscent

This only works on the most deserted highways.

420 has his head up his ass. He doesn't realize that in 70 mph traffic, a mangled ladder isn't even seen until the car in front of you barely swerved to miss it, at which point you're past it in half a second. It takes two coordinated individuals, one a mile behind the ladder to run what is called a 'break', and the other on standby at the side of the freeway where the ladder is, to actually get it removed from the freeway.

420, Mr. "I live and drive on a fifty mile two lane highway in the back pastures of Texas", is out to lunch.
b!z
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010

View Profile
September 28, 2013, 07:19:28 AM

Stop getting tickets, problem solved.
420 (OP)

View Profile
September 28, 2013, 07:36:36 AM

if you don't sign they arrest you....that's what my video was showing

surebet

View Profile
September 28, 2013, 07:45:05 AM

I think his point was more along the lines of "respect the speed limits". I'm all for policy change, but just whining after you get a ticket that resisting the process will get you arrested is dumb.
420 (OP)

View Profile
September 28, 2013, 08:02:12 AM

I think his point was more along the lines of "respect the speed limits". I'm all for policy change, but just whining after you get a ticket that resisting the process will get you arrested is dumb.

Things don't change if there's no complaints

1st fucking step

surebet

View Profile
September 28, 2013, 08:38:25 AM

Things don't change if there's no complaints

1st fucking step

Ranting pointlessly on the internet isn't step one, neither is begging for 1300$. Get off your ass and attend your municipal council session and voice your opinion.
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2013, 08:57:31 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgzMv18SlRY
2dogs
Legendary

View Profile
September 28, 2013, 06:31:01 PM

Has anyone else noticed the tendency of police to add the "reckless driving" charge on top of the regular infraction?

Basically easy money for the state, no trial - state says you are guilty, state wins.
infested999

View Profile
September 28, 2013, 08:50:08 PM

http://youtu.be/w6NoMMYpQiY?t=6m46s

▄███▄   ▄███▄
              █████   █████
                       ▄█
                     ███
                     ███
                     ██
                   ███

████    ██
  ████    ██
    ████    ██
      ████    ██
        ████    ██
          ████    ██
          ████    ██
        ████    ██
      ████    ██
    ████    ██
  ████    ██
████    ██

White Paper
Yellow Paper
Pitch Deck
Telegram
LinkedIn
Twitter
wasserman99

Activity: 476

View Profile
September 28, 2013, 10:14:55 PM

i suggest paying your traffic tickets. they can really come back to bite you in the ass at precisely the wrong time. that has been my experience, anyway.  Angry

420 (OP)

View Profile
September 28, 2013, 10:27:33 PM

0.05BTC to anyone who can get me a number of california driver's licenses active or issued since 1940 or earlier

need by year or by decade minimum

TheButterZone
Legendary

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2013, 11:01:29 PM

Only abstracts are online AFAICT, you'll have to ask DMV to email you a PDF or go PRA if they refuse. Or use Worldcat to find the paper versions in your local libraries.

http://apps.dmv.ca.gov/about/profile/rd/r_d_report/Section_7/S7-12.pdf
http://www.worldcat.org/title/california-vehicle-registrations-and-drivers-licenses-1946-1961/

http://apps.dmv.ca.gov/about/profile/rd/r_d_report/Section_7/S7-31.pdf
http://apps.dmv.ca.gov/about/profile/rd/r_d_report/Section_7/S7-48.3.pdf
http://www.worldcat.org/search?q=Projected+Motor+Vehicle+Registration+and+Drivers+Licenses+Outstanding&qt=notfound_page&search=Search

Argwai96
Legendary

Activity: 1036

Thug for life!

View Profile
September 29, 2013, 07:16:30 AM

so, whats the worst that can happen if you dont pay them?
asdf

Activity: 527

View Profile
September 29, 2013, 08:37:45 AM

Check out Marc Stevens. He's all about this shit.
sublime5447
Legendary

View Profile
September 29, 2013, 01:18:25 PM
Last edit: October 09, 2013, 01:30:36 AM by sublime5447

so, whats the worst that can happen if you dont pay them?

They put you in jail and give you a certain amount off the ticket for every day that you stay in there until it is paid off. Then you get time served.

It is like 10 dollars a day.
sublime5447
Legendary

View Profile
September 29, 2013, 01:22:21 PM

Has anyone else noticed the tendency of police to add the "reckless driving" charge on top of the regular infraction?

Basically easy money for the state, no trial - state says you are guilty, state wins.

They do what ever they want to steal your money.
FirstAscent

View Profile
September 29, 2013, 03:38:14 PM

No, I haven't. But they will if your speeding was reckless - i.e. endangering others.
markjamrobin

Activity: 462

View Profile
September 29, 2013, 03:53:31 PM

0.05BTC to anyone who can get me a number of california driver's licenses active or issued since 1940 or earlier

need by year or by decade minimum

Why???

sublime5447
Legendary

View Profile
September 29, 2013, 04:07:47 PM

No, I haven't. But they will if your speeding was reckless - i.e. endangering others.

Or if they had a bad day or if they have a personal prejudiced or if their girl friend likes you or if your family member and them have a conflict.

I was shrooming and got pinned down in a cow field by a couple of them but snuck past them and made it to my truck. It was a dead end road but I made it to the main road before they realized what had happened and they came flying up on me and asked what i was doing down that road? I told them just turning around they knew it was bullshit so they just started making up shit gave me a ticket for 70 in a 55. They do what they want. I have been told straight up when I said that is not the law "Boy I am the Law"

There is no such thing as a good cop. I wouldnt call them for any reason.    
surebet

View Profile
September 29, 2013, 04:43:46 PM

Or if they had a bad day or if they have a personal prejudiced or if their girl friend likes you or if your family member and them have a conflict.

I was shrooming and got pinned down in a cow field by a couple of them but snuck past them and made it to my truck. It was a dead end road but I made it to the main road before they realized what had happened and they came flying up on me and asked what i was doing down that road? I told them just turning around they knew it was bullshit so they just started making up shit gave me a ticket for 70 in a 55. They do what they want. I have been told straight up when I said that is not the law "Boy I am the Law"

There is no such thing as a good cop. I wouldnt call them for any reason.    

You were driving under the influence of a hallucinogen ?
sublime5447
Legendary

View Profile
September 29, 2013, 04:46:53 PM

I have many many times but no that night I didnt eat any. I had to ditch them when the cops showed up.  

When i caught my charge for acid I was tripping while driving. That sucked.
surebet

View Profile
September 29, 2013, 04:49:25 PM

I have many many times but no that night I didnt eat any. I had to ditch them when the cops showed up. 

How is that a good idea?
FirstAscent

View Profile
September 29, 2013, 04:51:26 PM

Maybe if it looked like you were driving recklessly. It depends on whether it's a revenue ticket or you're driving recklessly. A revenue generating ticket is where the speed limit is 65mph, and everyone's going 75mph, and you're going 77mph.

Suggestion: learn what driving recklessly is, and don't do it.
sublime5447
Legendary

View Profile
September 29, 2013, 04:57:54 PM

Depends on where you are at in the trip after you reach the peak and start to come back down you are working a much higher functionality. The way it works it is drops the mechanism in your brain that filters out secondary information so you are flooded with information you are actually taking in and processing much more. That is why the vikings took mushrooms before they went into battle much better reaction times and one of the reasons they were considered such fierce fighters.  

I like to explain it like this. The further away you get from reality when you start coming back the better your grasp on reality. I never really liked the insanity so much as the clarity.    

2dogs
Legendary

View Profile
September 29, 2013, 08:39:07 PM

Maybe if it looked like you were driving recklessly. It depends on whether it's a revenue ticket or you're driving recklessly. A revenue generating ticket is where the speed limit is 65mph, and everyone's going 75mph, and you're going 77mph.

That's my point.

It's whatever the police defines.

Your word against his/hers (the state).

Think you're gonna win?  NOT.

SPC_Bitcoin

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

Coffee makes it all better!

View Profile
September 29, 2013, 11:57:53 PM

Can 'muricans buy it? hell no, we need that gas tax rolling in!

see #5

http://editorial.autos.msn.com/listarticle.aspx?cp-documentid=745437

NEVER GOT PAID.
420 (OP)

View Profile
September 30, 2013, 12:12:15 AM

Can 'muricans buy it? hell no, we need that gas tax rolling in!

see #5

http://editorial.autos.msn.com/listarticle.aspx?cp-documentid=745437

is diesel taxed or are the truckers against that?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZbhjmtplCA

FirstAscent

View Profile
September 30, 2013, 12:43:24 AM

That's my point.

It's whatever the police defines.

Your word against his/hers (the state).

Think you're gonna win?  NOT.

There are pretty obvious boundaries between the two.
skull88

Activity: 683

View Profile
September 30, 2013, 12:53:03 AM

Nobody ever tried this in the US?  Undecided

I never pay a traffic ticket right away, a lot of these just go in the bin unpunished. For some you'll get a trial, which mostly ends in a higher fine. If you don't pay that one, they will take your license for 2 weeks or send a bailiff.

They have too much fines that don't get paid, so they can't process them all, unfortunately they probably found a solution. 1 out of 3 fines never gets paid in Belgium, while a few years ago it was 1/2. And from this year on they will deduct unpaid fines from your tax refund or in case of no refund you will just get this amount on top of it. Angry

BTC: 1MifMqtqqwMMAbb6zr8u6qEzWqq3CQeGUr
LTC: LhvMYEngkKS2B8FAcbnzHb2dvW8n9eHkdp
420 (OP)

View Profile
September 30, 2013, 01:34:55 AM

I never pay a traffic ticket right away, a lot of these just go in the bin unpunished. For some you'll get a trial, which mostly ends in a higher fine. If you don't pay that one, they will take your license for 2 weeks or send a bailiff.

They have too much fines that don't get paid, so they can't process them all, unfortunately they probably found a solution. 1 out of 3 fines never gets paid in Belgium, while a few years ago it was 1/2. And from this year on they will deduct unpaid fines from your tax refund or in case of no refund you will just get this amount on top of it. Angry

flee. flee the tyranny

TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2013, 12:03:54 PM

I don't get tickets often, but the last one I didn't pay for 2 years. I plead innocent then kept postponing the trial until I couldn't. Since it was a monkey court (NYC traffic courts aren't real courts) I got convicted.. Well that's two years of free interest.

Also I dont think people bother paying out of state tickets.

Police are starting to reciprocate sharing this kind of information with each other to increase fines collected. I can't wait until the local PD's have access to the DHS/NSA databases. That will be fun.
hayek

Activity: 370

View Profile
September 30, 2013, 03:44:06 PM

Eventually my car was booted/towed.

look how safe I am!
sublime5447
Legendary

View Profile
September 30, 2013, 05:36:51 PM

Eventually my car was booted/towed.

look how safe I am!

That is how the state steals cars, they tow it then they impound, you have to pay the tow and and heavy daily impound fee, next thing you know you dont have a job because you cant get back and forth to work. 

It is for the common good... obviously  Sad
420 (OP)

View Profile
October 08, 2013, 06:37:29 PM

Well they cashed the check:

cp1

Stop using branwallets

View Profile
October 08, 2013, 07:42:01 PM

Well they cashed the check:

The definition of laughing all the way to the bank.

Ron Swanson

Activity: 25

View Profile
October 08, 2013, 10:53:23 PM

Hey OP I think the winning strategy here would be to not break the law in the first place.
Same with the dude who thinks fishing is a God given right.

Thanks for listening!
surebet

View Profile
October 08, 2013, 11:03:31 PM

Why did you blank out one amount, but left the other there? That's just weird.
Inedible

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 02:01:03 AM

You've read this whole thread and __that's__ what you find weirdest?

420 (OP)

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 03:32:23 AM

You've read this whole thread and __that's__ what you find weirdest?

he or she did make some afront comments before that; so you must make someone who didn't read the thread either Wink haha

welcome

bassclef

Activity: 924

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 05:20:31 AM

If you don't pay your parking tickets here in Chicago they simply boot your car if you have two or three or more outstanding after a certain period of time. There is a boot-mobile that constantly roves the city, scanning license plates, looking for cars to boot.

Chicago is a city of rackets. One of my favorites is "street cleaning" where neighborhood streets, full of parked cars, are regularly sectioned off to be cleaned. "Cleaning" is simply one of those little trucks that sweeps curbs with it's noisy spinning brush. Most of the time it's not needed. Naturally, they post bright orange signs telling residents when they cannot be parked there... three days before. Out of town? New to the city? Hung over and forgot to move your car where you pay $100 a year to park in the first place? $50 ticket for you. The schedule is available online if you're brave enough to navigate Chicago's system of terrible websites. Planning your life around this nonsense is crucial to avoid tickets, and the game of parking musical chairs that ensues in most neighborhoods would be hilarious if it wasn't so frustrating.

Naturally, there are always few dozen cars in my neighborhood that forget. And "street cleaning" happens once every 2-3 months. Ridiculous.
420 (OP)

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 05:52:38 AM

If you don't pay your parking tickets here in Chicago they simply boot your car if you have two or three or more outstanding after a certain period of time. There is a boot-mobile that constantly roves the city, scanning license plates, looking for cars to boot.

Chicago is a city of rackets. One of my favorites is "street cleaning" where neighborhood streets, full of parked cars, are regularly sectioned off to be cleaned. "Cleaning" is simply one of those little trucks that sweeps curbs with it's noisy spinning brush. Most of the time it's not needed. Naturally, they post bright orange signs telling residents when they cannot be parked there... three days before. Out of town? New to the city? Hung over and forgot to move your car where you pay $100 a year to park in the first place? $50 ticket for you. The schedule is available online if you're brave enough to navigate Chicago's system of terrible websites. Planning your life around this nonsense is crucial to avoid tickets, and the game of parking musical chairs that ensues in most neighborhoods would be hilarious if it wasn't so frustrating.

Naturally, there are always few dozen cars in my neighborhood that forget. And "street cleaning" happens once every 2-3 months. Ridiculous.

i would sponsor a gang of a neighborhood to disobey that shit and all show up in court shouting of the injustice

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: