Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 11:03:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Im Newbie  (Read 148 times)
rizaldo27 (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 04:52:56 PM

Hi im Newbie here in bitcointak. my question what is Merit I see in my profile.
Thank you,
God Bless you.
lyfecoin

Activity: 198
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 05:26:47 PM

I am a newbie too
Learning about merit points
Good luck
Castlereagh

Activity: 154
Merit: 25

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 06:08:07 PM

Here's the low-down:

In addition to activity, everyone now has a merit score, and you need both a certain activity level and a certain merit score in order to reach higher member ranks. The required scores are:

RankRequired activityRequired merit
Brand new00
Newbie10
Jr Member300
Member6010
Full Member120100
Sr. Member240250
Hero Member480500
LegendaryRandom in the range 775-10301000

You get merit points when someone sends you some for one of your posts. Additionally, when someone sends you merit points, half of those points can be sent by you to other people.

Certain users are designated as "merit sources". They can create new merit out of nothing, up to a limited number per month (which differs per source). I will not be posting a definitive list of merit sources (so that people don't bug them too much), though you'll soon figure out who they are if you pay attention.

There is currently no such thing as a "demerit". I'm hoping that the positive merits alone will be fine. I could add demerits pretty easily later on if necessary, though.

I'm hoping that this system will increase post quality by:
 - Forcing people to post high-quality stuff in order to rank up. If you just post garbage, you will never get even 1 merit point, and you will therefore never be able to put links in your signature, etc.
 - Highlighting good posts with the "Merited by" line.

While we will not be directly moderating this, I encourage people to give merit to posts that are objectively high-quality, not just posts that you agree with.

Do not beg for merit excessively.

HabBear

Activity: 1106
Merit: 637

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2018, 07:00:40 PM

Here's a link to the merit system (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2819763.0) they just updated the ranking system recently I hope this helps you.

THIS is the link to the official thread on the Merit System & Requirements, published by Theymos >>> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2818350.0

The link provided in the post I've quoted above only will take you to a discussion thread created by someone who is not part of the Administration or Moderator team of this forum.
L. Maker

Activity: 14

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 07:52:37 PM

Hi im Newbie here in bitcointak. my question what is Merit I see in my profile.
Thank you,
God Bless you.
You can notice it on your profile where post, activity and merit are being display.
kaikaikunen01

Activity: 37

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 10:50:54 PM

Hello guy's I am newbee here just like other's. And need friends here😃 Godbless guy's 😃
fourpiece

Activity: 821
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 10:57:02 PM

Hello guy's I am newbee here just like other's. And need friends here😃 Godbless guy's 😃
Were all friends in this forum.  We give help to members who are having a hard time in the forum like questions on bounty and about this merit system which totally change the forum

us11csalyer

Activity: 266
Merit: 12

Streamity Decentralized cryptocurrency exchange

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 11:30:02 PM

Just write interesting posts or help forum members with advice, opinion, something else. Then you will be rewarded with merits, with which your rank will grow.

KampungMonyet

Activity: 32

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 04:30:11 AM

before starting actively dibitcoin on the recommendation of friends.
I want to continue to deepen this bitcoin. Smiley
please help and referrals from bitcoin and other members. Wink
 have a great activity. Smiley
pawlinee

Activity: 24

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 04:44:48 AM

you can earn merit when other member sent you points for having a constructive, relevant, useful and high quality post. as you are ranking up, you will need merits so i suggest thatyou should always post high quality statements. do some research before posting.
MGBloomz

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

Lead generation one-stop shop platform powered AI

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 09:12:50 AM

you can earn merit when other member sent you points for having a constructive, relevant, useful and high quality post. as you are ranking up, you will need merits so i suggest thatyou should always post high quality statements. do some research before posting.
It seems interesting and earning merits from making constructive and useful posts. Thanks

sprewel

Activity: 280

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2018, 09:35:02 AM

Hi everyone. Im new Smiley
iphmp159

Activity: 118
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 09:37:30 AM

Hi everyone. Im new Smiley
Please stop spamming forum with such a non-sense thread. Firstly, you should read more, try to understand what you read, then get more knowledge, and help others if you can. Stop spamming if you want to secure your account from banning.
krisjade

Activity: 40

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 10:52:42 AM

i am newbie also and im ready to learn more here in bitcointalk family
manik1996

Activity: 41

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 12:50:42 PM

See this link so maybe helpfull merit system discus  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1689727.0

What is Merit and sMerit?
You have Merit and sendable Merit (sMerit). sMerits can only be send, they have no other purpose and hoarding them is pointless. When someone gives Merit to you they lose sMerit of the amount transferred and you gain Merit as well as sMerit (which in case you can send again).

What forum account levels are there?
There are multiple account levels on this forum, here is a quick list for all of them and how to get them:
Rank   Required activity   Required merit
Brand new   0   0
Newbie   1   0
Jr Member   30   0
Member   60   10
Full Member   120   100
Sr. Member   240   250
Hero Member   480   500
Legendary   775-1030   1000

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: