Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 08:35:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Blue Fury Miners V2 2.6Gh/s  (Read 73332 times)
Zammo

Activity: 152
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 29, 2013, 12:12:40 AM
Last edit: March 17, 2018, 07:29:28 PM by Zammo

some people didn't just buy the blues to mine with, some people bought them to resell them. The people that have bought them for resale, will have a very hard job selling them at their planned price point due to competitors prices dropping so much.
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Swimmer63
Legendary

Activity: 1593
Merit: 1004

View Profile
October 29, 2013, 12:24:33 AM

At last some pics!

@Beastlymac : How come the main resellers have not been sent any of these 300 blues? Each person I have spoken to has not received a tracking number and are not expecting a delivery.

It totally sucks... without the resellers group buys you would not have had enough orders to run your batch, you would have had nothing. Nice way to show your appreciation for their efforts. You have left them in the firing line taking the flak for your delays and when you had the opportunity it ease the pressure on them, you chose not to and just looked after a few select individuals.

0.05btc compensation is a joke. That doesn't nearly cover what we have lost due to the rise in diff or the price of btc. The next batch of Bluefury's will have to be priced competitively and will mean a substantial price reduction, so the 0.05btc you give us back will be absorbed in the new price.

When the price for the BlueFury's was set, it was competitive with USB Erupters. The 0.9btc for a BlueFury would have got you about 7 USB erupters and would have delivered roughly equal hashing power.
But the Blues shipped late and at today's rates, 0.9btc will now get you 20 USB erupters, giving you around 7GH/s... way more than a Bluefury.

So does the 0.05btc compensation ease the blow? Not at all.

I totally concur.  I posted the following similar observation at ssinc's thread here:

Code:
Personally, a 0.05 BTC is an inadequate compensation considering all the factors that have been in play and the fact that at this very moment,
I can get 50 BEs (17 GH/s) with a free 49-port USB 2.0 hub for a mere 1.75 BTC.  That equates to 7 BFs at a cost of 6 BTC after the 0.05 discount
is applied (0.85 each)...and they don't come with a 49-port USB hub.

Amusingly, right on cue, some kumbaya lapdogs sort of got their panties in a bunch for merely pointing out such facts.  I'm surprised that you haven't gotten your share of the flak on here yet. Wink

Not a lapdog. Just hate whiner victims like yourself that order risky products from risky manufacturers in a risky business then think they are entitled to compensation when it does not all happen to their liking. So they try to justify their whining using illogical comparison arguments in an attempt to prove they have been grievously wronged.  In reality they have no place in a group buy and we are dumber from reading their posts.
But no not a lapdog.
Swimmer63
Legendary

View Profile
October 29, 2013, 12:27:22 AM

How does what other manufacturers are doing to clear obsolete inventory effect what compensation you are due? How does the price of BTC effect that? If you wanted to speculate on BTC then you should have bought it rather than miners. How are they responsible for the rise in difficulty?

The product is about 2 weeks late, and 0.05 reflects what it might have mined in that time. They were not obliged to give it to you, but they did. That is far more than most other preorders have delivered.

The 0.05btc compensation will be absorbed in the next batch. If the next batch of blues were going to be priced at 0.40btc, then the price will now be 0.45btc. The loss will be mitigated and will be no loss at all. (that price is an example, I have no idea what future prices of blues will be)

Also, some people didn't just buy the blues to mine with, some people bought them to resell them. The people that have bought them for resale, will have a very hard job selling them at their planned price point due to competitors prices dropping so much. When the price for the blues was set, it was set at a price that was in line with the current market. Why would someone buy a blue for £125-£150 to get 2.2GH/s when they can buy USB erupters for far less money and have far more hashing power? To sell the blues and be competitive with the market would mean taking a huge loss.

We should have been mining/selling the blues we ordered weeks ago but they haven't even been shipped yet. In that time the market and diff has changed vastly.

I feel a fairer form of compensation would have been a voucher for discount off the next purchase, just as asicminer did with the erupters. There would have been the opportunity to give a greater compensation as the discount could have be offset on the next batch with cheaper production costs and there would have still been room for some profit. Also, the profit margin would have been greater on the orders that did not have a voucher. Not only does this reward the people that invested their money to get the first batch produced, it would also serve to generate extra sales.

Ha! They are responsible for rise in difficulty?  These guys are more connected than I thought.
Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 29, 2013, 12:54:53 AM
Last edit: October 30, 2013, 06:16:05 AM by Bicknellski

They stated the compensation.

You have made a case for more compensation.

They will take that under advisement and respond.

---

Don't really see the issue here. I am sure that in good time the BlueFury guys will let you know. I got no real dog in this fight but I am pretty sure these guys are reasonable so let them respond to your suggestion. All about the communication really. Given the tight margins not sure what is fair for either side and where a fair consensus could be made for compensation but give the BlueFury guys some chops for acknowledging the short coming and responding. Still not happy fair enough give them a chance to respond or put clearly what you expect the compensation to be in BTC terms. They are willing and able to listen to their customers and will do what they can within reason to resolve this with community.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
Beastlymac (OP)

Activity: 630
Merit: 501

Miner Setup And Reviews. WASP Rep.

View Profile
October 29, 2013, 01:07:46 AM

For people who are asking why we didn't go with coupons.
1) We have no guarantee if we will be doing another batch.
2) I don't feel it is fair as it almost forces people to buy more items to gain any value.
3) I asked groupbuy leaders and they preferred compensation over coupons.
4) Compensation is easier to organise for everyone involved.
5) I felt that the majority of people preferred compensation over coupons.

Message me if you have any problems
integrity42

Activity: 476

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2013, 01:37:51 AM

This hardware is insanely overpriced.

Why would they make another batch?  Pointless.  People are finally starting to realize that mining equipment is a bad investment.

fractalbc

Activity: 192

View Profile
October 29, 2013, 01:57:44 AM

This hardware is insanely overpriced.

Why would they make another batch?  Pointless.  People are finally starting to realize that mining equipment is a bad investment.
At the risk of being labeled a lapdog, I gotta agree with you on both points. 

You might want to remember that when it was offered a month and a half ago, the asking price of 18 MHash/s/$ was identical to what ASICMiner was charging for erupters and identical to what BFL is charging for Jalapeno's and identical to what Terahash is charging for klondike 16's.  That's right, all four of the "low end" products were charging the same price per hash.  Way too much, but that was "market price."

Anyone who is "starting to realize that mining equipment is a bad investment" is many months too late.  That is, except for the pick and shovel vendors.  They are still making money selling mining equipment to those who haven't realized it yet.

"market price" today is in the 50-80 MHash/s/$.  It looks like it will be over 100 by years end.

And, even at that, I doubt any are a "good investment".  But at the 100 dollars or less price point, they are good fun for hobbyists like me
integrity42

Activity: 476

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2013, 01:59:45 AM

Fair enough. If you spend $50 to buy one as a novelty.

But to buy them expecting to make money... i think most learned their lesson.

Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 29, 2013, 02:26:04 AM

Got lack of integrity ignored...

Let me guess ... it is INSANELY overpriced?

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
Swimmer63
Legendary

View Profile
October 29, 2013, 02:33:35 AM

Yes - these USB's fit a number of needs quite well
     *Novelty items
     *Equipment for the very casual miners who know full well there will be no profit made.
     *Those with a very limited budget that just want to participate in the fun.
     *Resellers

Anyone having a conniption due to profit loss from the two week delay is over invested in a dream these miners will not fulfill.  Or naive and greedy.
visdude
Legendary

Activity: 1081
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 29, 2013, 03:04:21 AM
Last edit: October 29, 2013, 03:19:27 AM by visdude

At last some pics!

@Beastlymac : How come the main resellers have not been sent any of these 300 blues? Each person I have spoken to has not received a tracking number and are not expecting a delivery.

It totally sucks... without the resellers group buys you would not have had enough orders to run your batch, you would have had nothing. Nice way to show your appreciation for their efforts. You have left them in the firing line taking the flak for your delays and when you had the opportunity it ease the pressure on them, you chose not to and just looked after a few select individuals.

0.05btc compensation is a joke. That doesn't nearly cover what we have lost due to the rise in diff or the price of btc. The next batch of Bluefury's will have to be priced competitively and will mean a substantial price reduction, so the 0.05btc you give us back will be absorbed in the new price.

When the price for the BlueFury's was set, it was competitive with USB Erupters. The 0.9btc for a BlueFury would have got you about 7 USB erupters and would have delivered roughly equal hashing power.
But the Blues shipped late and at today's rates, 0.9btc will now get you 20 USB erupters, giving you around 7GH/s... way more than a Bluefury.

I totally concur.  I posted the following similar observation at ssinc's thread here:

Code:
Personally, a 0.05 BTC is an inadequate compensation considering all the factors that have been in play and the fact that at this very moment,
I can get 50 BEs (17 GH/s) with a free 49-port USB 2.0 hub for a mere 1.75 BTC.  That equates to 7 BFs at a cost of 6 BTC after the 0.05 discount

Amusingly, right on cue, some kumbaya lapdogs sort of got their panties in a bunch for merely pointing out such facts.  I'm surprised that you haven't gotten your share of the flak on here yet. Wink

Not a lapdog. Just hate whiner victims like yourself that order risky products from risky manufacturers in a risky business then think they are entitled to compensation when it does not all happen to their liking. So they try to justify their whining using illogical comparison arguments in an attempt to prove they have been grievously wronged.  In reality they have no place in a group buy and we are dumber from reading their posts.
But no not a lapdog.

Hmmm...must've struck a nerve.  I have never mentioned you in any of my posts nor did I whine that I was entitled to more compensation or that I demanded a refund or that I said I was wronged.  Yet, here you are; right on cue.  Please back your statement up by quoting my posts wherein I stated so.  I was merely stating facts in relation to the compensation/credit that has been offered and presented my own "personal" (i.e. only applicable to my situation) view or opinion on the matter.  Which part of it is illogical?  The big question is: why does it bother or irritate you?

To reiterate, why are you so upset about my statement which is as follows:

Code:

I presented facts that are readily available and already common knowledge on here.  As the saying goes, "don't shoot the messenger"!  Perhaps you're too emotionally invested in this endeavor to an extent that you're getting paranoid.  You should slow down a bit and reground yourself.

Purely as a miner, I don't see myself disagreeing to such a sound statement.  On the other hand, if I were selling these devices for profit, I can sort of see such a statement as a trivial threat to my marketing effort.  The funny thing is that the boys who have the biggest stake in marketing the BFs (Beastlymac and the rest of the BPMC team, ssinc, etc.) didn't even pay any attention to my statement.  They obviously are rational folks and know better.

Swimmer63
Legendary

View Profile
October 29, 2013, 03:56:18 AM

You are right. My bad. Sorry for reading your post completely wrong
bitterdog

Activity: 728
Merit: 503

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
October 29, 2013, 04:22:02 AM

Our orders will be shipping today?

▄▄▄▄
        ▄▄████████▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄████████████████████████▄
██████████▀▀███████████████
██████████▄   ▀█████████████
████████████▄   ▀███████████
██████████████▄   ▀█████████
█████████████▀   ▄██████████
███████████▀   ▄████████████
██████████▄  ▄██████████████
███████████████████████████
 ▀████████████████████████▀
    ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀████████▀▀
            ▀▀▀

⬢⬢

⬢⬢

▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄████████▄▄
▄██████████▀▀▀█▀█▄
██ ▀█████▀     ▀██
██▌   ▀▀▀      ███
███▄           ███
████▀         ████
▀████▄     ▄▄████▀
   ▀▀▄▄▄▄████▀▀
       ▀▀▀▀

██████████████████

▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
██████████▀▀  ▐███
██████▀▀  ▄   ████
███▀   ▄█▀   ▐████
████▄▄█▀     █████
▀█████▌ ▄▄▄ ▐████▀
   ▀▀████████▀▀
       ▀▀▀▀

██████████████████

▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄████████▄▄
▄███████▀   ▐████▄
████████  ▄███████
██████      ██████
████████  ████████
████████  ████████
▀███████  ███████▀
   ▀▀████████▀▀
       ▀▀▀▀

██████████████████

▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄██▀█▀███▄▄
▄███▀▀▀ ▀ ▀▀█████▄
██████ ████▄ █████
██████ ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████
██████ ▄▄▄▄ ▀█████
██████ ████▀ █████
▀███▄▄▄ ▄ ▄▄█████▀
   ▀▀██▄█▄███▀▀
       ▀▀▀▀

██████████████████
Beastlymac (OP)

View Profile
October 29, 2013, 04:30:39 AM

Our orders will be shipping today?
Yes units will/have ship today.

tk1337

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 29, 2013, 04:40:43 AM

too many people in this thread need some of this... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTGdAGPDBpo
TheQuin

Activity: 2576
Merit: 882

Freebitco.in Support https://bit.ly/2I9BVS2

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2013, 07:55:02 AM

At last some pics!

Code:

How does what other manufacturers are doing to clear obsolete inventory effect what compensation you are due? How does the price of BTC effect that? If you wanted to speculate on BTC then you should have bought it rather than miners. How are they responsible for the rise in difficulty?

The product is about 2 weeks late, and 0.05 reflects what it might have mined in that time. They were not obliged to give it to you, but they did. That is far more than most other preorders have delivered.

Right on cue, eh?  Dude, you gotta chill out.  You are over-ANALyzing posts way too much.  Perhaps, you've been spending way too much time on these forums; an occasional break from it is usually helpful to get your feet back on the ground.

I've stated a fact and based on such a fact, I "personally" believe that the 0.05 BTC compensation/credit is inadequate.  That's all there is to it.  I don't need to elaborate why I feel so; you're not my shrink.  If you're happy with the compensation/credit that has been offered, then knock yourself out.  I couldn't care less.

You cued it.

You made an argument as to why you thought the compensation was inadequate, I disagreed that's all. I don't think that is over analysing anything. I bought these to resell, and I'll probably take a small loss. That's my problem, I took a risk and the reward didn't come off. My feet are firmly on the ground.

freebitcoin.TO WIN A  LAMBORGHINI!..

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
                    ▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
                    ▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
                    ▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
                      ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
                           ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Beastlymac (OP)

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 02:41:27 AM
Last edit: October 30, 2013, 03:02:10 AM by Beastlymac

5 group buy leaders have had units shipped out today.
ssinc units are clearing customs in the US and Maidak has units on the way Via express. I have contacted some people in response to requiring phone numbers for shipping units to please get back to me promptly. We are still building units and I expect we might have around 100 left over. If people are interested in purchasing them send me a private message.

Thanks

tk1337

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 02:56:24 AM

Great news.

ssinc units are clearing customs in the US and Maidak has units on the way Via express. I have contacted some people in response to requiring phone numbers for shipping units to please get back to me promptly. We are still building units and I expect we might have around 100 left over. If people are interested in purchasing them send me a private message.

Thanks
Cheesy All I could think of due to the red text:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1D1cap6yETA
Cheesy
Beastlymac (OP)

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 03:03:05 AM

Great news.

Thanks
Cheesy All I could think of due to the red text:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1D1cap6yETA
Cheesy
That was a great idea Smiley

kabopar

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 01, 2013, 09:25:34 AM
Last edit: November 01, 2013, 10:13:33 AM by kabopar

Just got my BF and it's running on Win7 with BFGminer 3.4.0, but the results are strange.  The hash rate is about 2.26GH/S and the HW error rate is HUGE ~ 61% after more than 40 minutes.  Tried resetting BFG, reinserting the device but there is no change.  Is it faulty?

More exploration:  using the older bfgminer 3.2.0 with the original batch file seems to solve the high H rate.  The hash rate remains however close to 2.26 GH/sec.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: