Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 12:06:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: developers...  (Read 646 times)
daoneway (OP)

Activity: 149
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 03:05:31 PM

hey everyone!

i was wondering: theres a anonymous guy who invented bitcoin. but there are now a numerous of other coins + developer teams..

so who develops bitcoin and like.. is there a possibilty that like the bitcoin system could simply been shut down?

until now i always thought ok so many ppl are trusting btc so i guess this cant be an issue but i just wanted to ask, sorry for newbie question Smiley

is the bitcoin system simply backed by all users who use the client?

peace from austria

3MJprz7GLVjQaFHx7hhVErPVYugKNxKs1Y
jackjack
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1255

May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 03:11:33 PM

hey everyone!

i was wondering: theres a anonymous guy who invented bitcoin. but there are now a numerous of other coins + developer teams..

so who develops bitcoin and like.. is there a possibilty that like the bitcoin system could simply been shut down?

until now i always thought ok so many ppl are trusting btc so i guess this cant be an issue but i just wanted to ask, sorry for newbie question Smiley

is the bitcoin system simply backed by all users who use the client?

peace from austria
You can find the developpers of Bitcoin here: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/graphs/contributors
As long as at least one copy of the blockchain exists, Bitcoin can't be shut down
What do you mean by "backed"?

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.
daoneway (OP)

Activity: 149
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 03:16:50 PM

i think what i mean with backed is the blockchain then.. could the developers change something? like changing the limit to 22m btc?

3MJprz7GLVjQaFHx7hhVErPVYugKNxKs1Y
jackjack
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1255

May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 03:27:16 PM

i think what i mean with backed is the blockchain then.. could the developers change something? like changing the limit to 22m btc?
They can change the protocol rules but if users don't want to change to the modified version they can stay with the old rules (and a fork with old rules will likely be developped by another team of devs)

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: