Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 02:26:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Cryptocurrency education in high school  (Read 2003 times)
wiser (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1029

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 05:46:25 AM

This high school in New Jersey is already teaching its students about cryptocurrencies.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/02/07/bitcoin-education-at-high-schools-and-colleges.html
Nerman

Activity: 364
Merit: 107

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 06:13:58 AM

I think this is too early for High school students but the right time for college students, but overall this is great for the crypto community. This will certainly affect the future of Crypto currency market, since they have at least a basic knowledge how blockchain works. Unlike the older people today that has a closed mind thinking that Bitcoin/altcoin is just another scam. This students will be the future investors and will surely make the crypto currency market stay for the future.
Afnan_faizah

Activity: 798
Merit: 178

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 06:20:05 AM

This high school in New Jersey is already teaching its students about cryptocurrencies.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/02/07/bitcoin-education-at-high-schools-and-colleges.html
Good news to stimulate bitcoin price to rise. Student may not out lagging behind the time. They should now what is going on in the world. There is also a university that open courses about bitcoin and the effect of bitcoin for the world economy.

Sepertinya sudah waktunya, kalau menurut saya lebih baik lump sum sekarang. 30/01/2024.
Nkan25

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 06:21:16 AM

They had kids learning how to build websites when the dot come boom took off and that failed. I think its a good way to try and educate and reach kids with new tech, but high school I think is to early for it.
HabBear

Activity: 1106
Merit: 637

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2018, 06:27:29 AM

This is encouraging, but I'm only fully supportive if the cryptocurrency talk is part of a larger discussion on personal finance education. Financial education is far more important to the entire population. And cryptocurrency plays a role in that education, but only if people know the fundamentals of responsible personal finance.
chesegrinder

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 06:42:13 AM

Well , I think it ia good to know that cryptocurrency are introduce at teach to high school as they will be more open in the new technology and the role of being good in financial analysis, so they can learn how to handle there own money and invest in good business...

barneystinson

Activity: 103
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 06:57:38 AM

As the saying goes "start them young" and this is very true. Shout out to this high school who is not afraid for the changes that is about to come. And I envy these kids who gets to learn a lot about crypto and would not need to learn the hard way. We should have more schools like these in my country as I can see this as a way to get out of the middle class of the society. Again knowledge is the key in this ever changing world.

█████ █████  ██ MOBILINK-COIN ██  █████ █████
▬ FIRST DECENTRALIZED MOBILE SERVICE TELECOM COMPANY ▬ (https://mobilink.io/)
marydale

Activity: 83
Merit: 1

Equitybase

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 07:10:38 AM

I think this is too early for High school students but the right time for college students, but overall this is great for the crypto community. This will certainly affect the future of Crypto currency market, since they have at least a basic knowledge how blockchain works. Unlike the older people today that has a closed mind thinking that Bitcoin/altcoin is just another scam. This students will be the future investors and will surely make the crypto currency market stay for the future.

I agree! it may be too early for institutions to teach cryptocurrency to high school students, but yes it is very timely for college students. Also it will be a great investment to instill knowledge of the existence of the digital currency and digital assets as, with the right guidance and ample resources, they will become potential investors in the future.

equitybase (https://equitybase.co): Crypto Real Estate Exchange
derdgzmn30

Activity: 93
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 07:24:14 AM

I think cryptocurrency must be studied by a college students not a highschool student because it is too early for a highschool student to know what and how bitcoin works. Maybe it can ruin their study because instead of focusing on important subjects they will focus on how to earn using bitcoin. There dreams might be ruin if they already start learning bitcoin. My opinion only.

KRIPTON ● THE BITCOIN OF AFRICA (https://kriptonofafrica.com/)
Cryptogodfather

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2018, 07:25:50 AM

Good way to keep students prepared for the new era in financial field!

Wexnident

Activity: 2548
Merit: 666

I don't take loans, ask for sig if I ever do.

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 07:27:14 AM

In my opinion, it is good to have cryptocurrency education in high school. But i must suggest that only a brief introduction of crypto should teach to them. Because I believe that this is not the perfect time of enhancing them in this system. If I'm not mistaken the students in high school will be in the rage of  13- 18 yrs.old where in thru this bracket it consider as a time of setting their first stage of enhancing his/her maturity and capability. Therefore their are not yet responsible enough to this and i think teaching of them is only wasting of time.  

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Nefarious

Activity: 214

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 07:29:39 AM

Education can only be a good thing to increase knowledge & interest in the space as we go forward. It's nice to see educational institutions start to take this approach.
nydiacaskey01
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1036

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 07:31:06 AM

Too early for them to learn about Cryptos. I guess the best time for them to start learning about Cryptocurrencies is when they are in college. At east when they are in college, they already decided which direction to go, are they going for a Banking and Finance degree or maybe they want to be a lawyer or a surgeon. At least give them time to decide, who knows if hey are not into it, why make it mandatory for high school students.
Hopeful2017

Activity: 238

Greentoken-invest in ecology

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 07:31:54 AM

Certainly too early to teach cryptocurrency for high school students because cryptocurrency is also a matter of responsibility. If high school students will discover about the unlimited income it can give, then they may neglect their studies. High school is necessary in order to take college, if one cannot finish high school, it would be hard in life. Cryptocurrency must be taught to them by just simple concepts.

captin crunch

Activity: 630
Merit: 253

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 07:34:54 AM

It is good that Jersey is the crypto friendly, but I think that school is not a place where crypto should be learnt, and besides its too early to be involved in crypto.

sampoer23

Activity: 112
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 07:49:14 AM

digital virtual education needs to be applied at school today.
because to follow the changing times need for insight toward cryto. This is done so that a new generation can be more creative and inofatif
Pasadoble

Activity: 336
Merit: 7

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 08:15:22 AM

I think it is early to educate students. Person shall be ready to take right decisions and to take a risk, and it is impossible when you are young. Of course there are some exceptions, but still it is early.
princesspoppy

Activity: 634

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 08:32:39 AM

It is a good way to educate students about the innovation that is happening to our technology as well as to our currencies. Teaching them at a young age can give them knowledge on how to use internet in a meaningful way where they can earn money. Through this, teenagers/students will avoid using internet for not so important things like playing internet games where they are just wasting their time but rather use this internet in earning money with the help of bitcoin. Also they will learn to save money to be use in investing in bitcoin. At the very young age they will be able to learn how to prepare for their future.
Road445

Activity: 224

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 08:47:16 AM

I still think it's too early for high school students to study cryptocurrency,because they don't know what it is, I think the best time to do it is in college, so they can understand the knowledge of blockchain and the operation of bitcoin, which will help them in the future.

madushanperis11

Activity: 182

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 08:56:01 AM

To be honest with you I learned about cryptography in the university. It is a good thing to educate students about the upcoming technologies but I wonder how much a high school student can grab out of the syllables as cryptography should be learned before you jump into the cryptocurrecy and cryptography is complex, if not they will blindly start using tools and software without knowing underlying theory. 
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  

Jump to: