Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 08:11:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Cryptocurrency education in high school  (Read 2003 times)
vasrasus

Activity: 946
Merit: 500

Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 04:54:50 AM

The advantage of this cryptocurrency education in high school is having the early knowledge in many different aspects of cryptocurrencies, on how the virtual currency work, the high risk it carries in investment and some basic guidance in investing.
The disadvantages are varied like when the student got addicted to cryptocurrency and this might affect his studies eventualy or lost some big amount of money because of novice trading. Many students will use the knowledge they gained in crypto education and might result in losing interest on his studies.
If I knew it back when I was in highschool, I will definitely focused on it or I get confused whether to go in school or focus on earning since I will already earned by that time, it will be a good way to open peoples idea on how the technology can change their lives.

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
       ▄████████▀████████▄
    ▄█████████▀   ▀█████████▄
   ████   ▄█▀       ▀█▄   ████
  █████ ▄▀    ▄▄▄▄▄    ▀▄ █████
 ██████▀   ▄███▀▀▀███▄   ▀██████
▐████▀    ██▀       ▀██    ▀████▌
████     ▐██         ██▌     ████
▐████▄    ██▄       ▄██    ▄████▌
 ██████▄   ▀███▄▄▄███▀   ▄██████
  █████ ▀▄    ▀▀▀▀▀    ▄▀ █████
   ████   ▀█▄       ▄█▀   ████
    ▀█████████▄   ▄█████████▀
       ▀████████▄████████▀
           ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀
.Bcnex.The Ultimate   ───2 Millions Orders/s───
Blockchain Trading Platform
..Follow us:..

▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄██████
              ▄▄▄█████▀▀████▌
        ▄▄▄████████▀ ▄██████
  ▄▄▄██████████▀▀  ▄███████▌
▀███████████▀   ▄██████████
   ▀▀▀███▀    ▄███████████▌
        █▌  ██████████████
        ▐█ ██████████████▌
         █████▀ ▀████████
          ██▀      ▀████▌
                      ▀▀

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

||
LINKEDIN
MEDIUM
REDDIT

▸  BUY NOW  ◂   
Ruffian14

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 04:59:53 AM

This might be a very good start for a high school students to study and have knowlegde about bitcoin because it is already in the internet and for just to let them know that bitcoin is really exists. But they only need know the basics of cryptocurrency world and how it really works because it might affect on thier studies and focused only in bitcoin.

entrepmind23

Activity: 644
Merit: 261

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 05:04:16 AM

This high school in New Jersey is already teaching its students about cryptocurrencies.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/02/07/bitcoin-education-at-high-schools-and-colleges.html

This is good news because the new generation would be aware then of the new innovations. It is an undeniable fact that blockchain technology would be a great help for businesses if use properly so it would be just right to include it in their lessons aside from entrepreneurship and tax. Good move for their school because more and more universities are including blockchain as a course so it would be a great way of introduction to them to the world of blockchain. When they are already studying in university then they would not be in the dark as to what it is about because they already learned it.

░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░
           ░▒█████████████████████▒░
         ▓███████████████████████████▓░
      ░███████████████▓░▒███████████████░
     ▓██████████▓▓▒░        ▒▒▓▓██████████
   ░███▓                               ▒███▒
  ░████               ▒▒▒               ████▒
 ░█████░           ░███████░            █████▒
 ██████░          ░██      ██▒          ██████
░██████░          ██       ██           ██████▒
▓██████           ██░ ░   ░██           ███████
▓██████         ████████████████        ███████
▓██████        █████████████████        ███████
░██████▒       ███████████████       ░██████▓
 ███████       █████████████████       ▓██████
 ░███████       ████████████████      ▓██████▒
  ▒███████▒       ░ ░     ░ ░       ░███████▒
   ░████████▒                     ▒████████▒
     ▓████████▓░               ░▓█████████
      ░██████████▓░          ▓██████████░
         ▓██████████▒     ▒██████████▓░
           ░▒██████████▒▓█████████▓░
                 ░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░
TeraBitHoven

Activity: 143
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 05:49:44 AM

I think its enough to teach only the basics for high school because they still need guidance since they are not yet obligated to work or support finances. Disadvantages are students being addicted to it and does not plan to get a stable job anymore or learn to use it on crimes.
qiwoman2
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 06:01:53 AM

This is great news, I wonder now how many of these kids will catch the Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency bug and start buying up cryptos and bitcoin with their pocket money and maybe in a few years be the firs tin their generation to become rich? I would love to see a follow up on this story in say three years from now and see where some of these first students are at in their Bitcoin lives. I wish I had cryptos when I was young, I feel old right now at 52 but  guess it's better late than never.

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
montefalco09

Activity: 25

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 06:09:51 AM

Well I think it should be taught on senior kids and should be taught on ICT subjects I guess so if someone had the idea on what is crytocurrency they will be able to teach it to them.
Janademir4

Activity: 238
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 06:35:36 AM

a very courageous decision when teaching about crypto currency in high school because I imagine the students will not focus on their lessons they will be focused on crypto currency

Tuyul Gupies

Activity: 293
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 06:47:44 AM

wah this is good in my opinion but there is a time to learn cryptococcus, but according to me learn about its basic base just because all have to start early recognition. this will affect a good future because those who learn basic bitcoin will develop bitcoin and how it works to be efetive, and they will hold back crypto currency markets in the future.
burnchan

Activity: 240

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 01:21:57 PM

This high school in New Jersey is already teaching its students about cryptocurrencies.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/02/07/bitcoin-education-at-high-schools-and-colleges.html
I think it's a good thing that this meaningful subject is included in the high school curriculum. The basics of crypto will do to high school students. But probably not all students would appreciate its importance yet to the real world. What makes this more effective is to have an advance subject in college. Students at that age is matured enough to think about money matters. Introducing crypto at school would help increase the popularity of crypto and the more people would understand its benefits.
mikaeltomcruz12

Activity: 556

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 01:29:28 PM

I think this is no problem because as early in high school we all know or learn what cryptocurrency is all about. By this new generation will learn how to use cryptocurrency and justified what currency we should use.
usam_coiner

Activity: 42

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 02:45:06 PM

I think this is no problem because as early in high school we all know or learn what cryptocurrency is all about. By this new generation will learn how to use cryptocurrency and justified what currency we should use.
yeah you are absolutely right because the future which is coming for us there will be no cash money in it so it is necessary now to acquire bitcoin knowledge as earlier as possible and in school it will be very effective,
rhayot

Activity: 351

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 03:19:21 PM

Cryptocurrency education in high school is too early for them because high schollers are not yet capable for investing and trading in cryptocurrencies, they are still depending on their parents when it comes to financial. But if it will be teaches in college students can be a good impact for young generations or millennials because college students has a capability to sustain their financials by having a part time jobs and as this new generation, the technology evolves and digital currency was made, it should be now a part of education because it is part of economy.
wiser (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1029

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 05:23:56 PM

Cryptocurrency education in high school is too early for them because high schollers are not yet capable for investing and trading in cryptocurrencies, they are still depending on their parents when it comes to financial. But if it will be teaches in college students can be a good impact for young generations or millennials because college students has a capability to sustain their financials by having a part time jobs and as this new generation, the technology evolves and digital currency was made, it should be now a part of education because it is part of economy.

I don't see why a high school student couldn't invest in cryptocurrencies. It's in high school that many people get their first job. While most high schoolers are working to save up for a new car, Xbox, CDs of their favorite bands, a high school kid could just as easily spend their pay on buying cryptocurrencies and then see what happens. It would be important that the kid understand the concept of "what you can afford to lose." But seriously, most of what a typical high schooler earns is going to be spent on what we would categorize as frivolous items. So why not the frivolous item called cryptocurrencies?

If a high school student could be guided into investing in a POS coin such as DMD Diamond, they would be able to start earning a bit of passive income, which I'm sure they would love. Suppose a high school student worked a job (and his parents are still supporting him so no real bills to pay), put all his earnings into DMD Diamond and staked them, and then sold the minted Diamonds and used those proceeds to buy the fun stuff like Xbox and CDs and so forth? That kid would grow up with a very different outlook on money than most. Hopefully he would find several good POS coins that could do that for him, and also eventually be able to get into some good fiat investments. He could potentially be set up for life before he's anywhere near retirement age.
DRVX

Activity: 966
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 05:49:52 PM

Of course people must get first information about cryptocurrencies in the schools. Digital money are incorporated in different areas of everyday life. Our children must be ready to meet with new technologies.
taiwww

Activity: 588
Merit: 257

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 06:12:09 PM

They are taking out all the fun from school for sure. This is not the way one should introduce the student to outside world like crypto currency. I mean it’s truly alien for them and the school days are something different than this one. They might just get diverted from the actual course and may end up in different world. Cryptos are addictive and if they get this addiction then who will be responsible for this one.

I’m pretty sure they won’t just learn the Blockchain Technology and it’s use but also about the crypto currency and how to earn out of it. That could change everything.
muratsink

Activity: 1330
Merit: 256

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 06:20:51 PM

This is very nice. I think it needs to be applied in all countries, how technology and economy can be integrated and can produce a good Crypto. future thoughts will be more sophisticated.

1xBit.com TICKET RUSH
                                       ▄██▄▄
    ▄▄▄▀▀█████▀▀▄▄▄            ▄▄    ▄███████▄
  ▄▀      ▀█▀      ▀▄        ▄█████████████████▄
 ██▌       █       ▐██      ▄████████████████▀▀██
████▄▄   ▄▄█▄▄   ▄▄████   ▄████████████████▀████
██▀   ▀▀███████▀▀   ▀██▄▄██████████████▀▀███▄▄██
█        █████        ██████████████▀██████▀▀ ▄▀
█       █     █       ███████████▀▀███▀▀▀▀▄▀▀
 █▄▄▄▄▄▀       ▀▄▄▄▄█████████████▀▀
  ▀████▄       ▄███████████████▀▀
    ▀▀▀██▄▄▄▄▄███████████████
               ████████▀▀
               ▀█▄▄▀ ▀
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
BET ON
WORLD CUP &
COLLECT TICKETS!
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
TAKE PART
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
Halcyon Days

Activity: 238
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 06:34:08 PM

That's an interesting thought, but the major problem is, that the average teacher does not have any knowledge about Bitcoin or crypto currencies. As everything with technical or IT stuff, once it hits the school, the technology and information will already be outdated.

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
daenarys_stormborn

Activity: 756

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 06:54:31 PM

this is one of the good news when bitcoin and other crypto are falling, hopefully other countries also experience the development of the same crypto world, so the more good news then the world of digital currency will be growing

KingKrypto

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 07:07:22 PM

That's pretty cool! Sooner or later this will become a thing and crypto will have a wide adoption, therefor, the prices will dramatically increase. Smiley
CryptoKhalil

Activity: 6

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 07:19:13 PM

Very nice. Blockchain is the present and the future.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  

Jump to: