Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 05:58:38 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Cryptocurrency education in high school  (Read 2003 times)
jak3
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 07:42:01 PM

I think it is a very good start for students to learn what is cryptocurrency from the teachers themselves. I would be fair if I got a chance like this but better late than never at least they are teaching it. The only thing I have got to know about computers is the meaning of word encryption so I guess everyone should have a deep understanding of the encryption and a practical example which can be cryptocurrency itself.
Doge dealer

Activity: 462
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 09:33:19 PM

school is supposed to prepare the future generation for integration into society by providing the necessary tools and knowledge so it makes sense to educate them about the future of doing business in the world ....bitcoins . there is absolutely nothing wrong with this because the earlier you are able to learn about it the better it will be for that individual to be able to fully understand and figure out how this will apply in real world situations.Proving students with this knowledge does not mean that they will forget about learning and focus on bitcoins this way of thinking sounds narrow minded and simplistic.

sotoshihero

Activity: 850
Merit: 504

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 09:39:09 PM

I think it is a very good start for students to learn what is cryptocurrency from the teachers themselves. I would be fair if I got a chance like this but better late than never at least they are teaching it. The only thing I have got to know about computers is the meaning of word encryption so I guess everyone should have a deep understanding of the encryption and a practical example which can be cryptocurrency itself.

The early students learn  with cryptocurrency, the better in my opinion. High School is a good start to learn, since they have the idea and fresh mind to to cryptocurrency concept.In addition, high schools now are tech savvy and immersed with technology everyday. Its better to introduce them and incorporate in their subjects now.
Alexis77600

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

Innovation Powered by Crypto

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 10:23:31 PM

If bitcoin continues to be democratized it could be interesting to have financial lessons on how to use crypto, what impact blockchaine technology can have on our the future, it would interest a lot of student

kil5478

Activity: 280

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 10:31:09 PM

Like any other education, this can only give impetus for further development.
Cryptocurrency and blockblockchain technology are developing rapidly.
But i think its a good idea Smiley
btcjoin14

Activity: 891
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 10:40:21 PM

Very nice. Blockchain is the present and the future.
Blockchain will eventually start to deteriorate when there's a better technology feature that can process things in real time. It's okay pretty nice to have for now.
faceoff97

Activity: 644
Merit: 113

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 10:43:51 PM

This high school in New Jersey is already teaching its students about cryptocurrencies.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/02/07/bitcoin-education-at-high-schools-and-colleges.html

This only mean that thi s generation is now being prepared into new kind of system. If the government has really the plan to recognize tge use of bitcoin there really a need to add this lesson in tge curriculum. Students have to be oriented really well specially this time where the mainstream medias arr saying baf thing about cryptosystem. I wont be surprise if more and more government now are starting to think on afding it to curriculums in both high school and college.
Cryptohad

Activity: 229
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 11:15:57 PM

good, but I do not agree if it's too fast introducing bitcoin to the students, because it can interfere with their learning concentration.

but if it introduces only basic theory, and does not practice, then it does not matter. because what is worried is if student can earn money with bitcoin.

then he should choose between quitting school or earning income.
josephine85

Activity: 154

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 11:28:51 PM

This high school in New Jersey is already teaching its students about cryptocurrencies.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/02/07/bitcoin-education-at-high-schools-and-colleges.html

This is great. Hopefully this will also happen here in our country considering that this generation is an internet savvy generation and millenials are aggressive nowadays. It would be very advantage for them if they will learn it from school. It would take time but I am sure it will happen soon enough.
shindymlk

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 11:56:11 PM

thats sound is great
i hope in my country, cryptocurrency education in high school available.
i think high school is best place to give education cryprocurrency. i really hope everyone can know about cryptocurrency and join with us.
CryptoNick23

Activity: 28

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 12:06:06 AM

I think it will be necessary in the future. The crypto world will be just as popular and indispensable as the internet.
Ravenz

Activity: 34

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 12:16:31 AM

Precisely because it is young, then the students or still in high school should start studying the investment, right? Many students in developed countries who have successfully invested in the age of 20 an, your students in Indonesia is still procrastinating? Do not delay anymore, let's start studying the investment right now. age is not a problem especially if you are still studying sma cobak you learn from an early age to learn to do business from now.
Renal

Activity: 434

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 01:48:57 PM

The progress of crypto is the level that must be in the struggle so as to achieve the goal, so that if cryptococci in high school because the class and level of age and willingness at this level identity and willingness more real.
weston4mills

Activity: 308

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 01:58:29 PM

It is a good thing! Students should be taught in high school and also college about bitcoin. The more they know the higher chances they have to invest in bitcoin

Stockus Trading Platform— Join the future of Financial Markets
▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰ 
  ◆ Twitter Facebook • • TelegramMedium  ◆
RamesesLabs

Activity: 133

The Wall Street Bitcoin Exchange

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2018, 02:01:56 PM

This is encouraging, but I'm only fully supportive if the cryptocurrency talk is part of a larger discussion on personal finance education. Financial education is far more important to the entire population. And cryptocurrency plays a role in that education, but only if people know the fundamentals of responsible personal finance.

I was surprised by how many people responded that high school is too early to expose students to cryptocurrency. I think they should know about its existence for sure, though possibly with due cautions that there is much more for them to learn. I totally agree with the above point that any education about cryptocurrencies should be part of a larger discussion on responsible personal finance. I don't think children are adequately taught about personal finance in schools or anywhere else. Adults aren't adequately taught about these things either. That's why so many of us are now under crushing debt.

I think that it's not too early to be teaching high schoolers about cryptocurrency basics. I think a lot of the ways they teach math are outdated, and they could have an alternative course for mathematics for those pursuing computer science degrees in college. I also believe they should be introducing the students to the programming languages that are dominating the cryptocurrency industry as well. Cryptocurrencies aren't much different than apps, the main difference is that cryptocurrencies are decentralized for the most part, and used to secure data and pay for processing information to and from the blockchain. I think they should keep the politics out of the high school classroom, but at some point, they're going to have to realize the problems in the financial industry, so that they can help solve some of the problems that still exist even with the use of blockchain technology and cryptocurrencies.

The Wall Street Bitcoin Exchange by Rameses Labs, LLC
kimmali

Activity: 113

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 02:08:38 PM

I think it is still not necessary to educate high school students at a young age. For sure,they'll focus on their teenage life first before listening to more serious things in life. It is maybe applicable in college students since they are independent young people. Also,high school students barely know mathematics when applied to stocks or investment. It is good for college students who're dedicated when it comes to studying.
tramadols

Activity: 239
Merit: 100

CAT.EX Exchange

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 02:18:28 PM

may be only the initiative of his mentor teacher.
and not a curriculum at the secondary school level. but there are things that are positive and need to be given appreciation. I'm sure there are many more real innovations in the future later on the level of human social life.

FrueGreads
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1059

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 02:22:44 PM

Didn't hear about that particular college, but I've seen plenty of news regarding blockchain and crypto education at all levels, either being in a technological aspect, since we need to have good blockchain programmers in order to develop good projects and solutions, but also in economic areas, for it's financial implications, and in law schools because of regulation matters.

All this is very important, because we need a well informed community in order to minimize the speculation around these markets.

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

BitCloak Bitcoin Mixer  
  BTC & BCH | API| MULTIADDRESS| PGP PROOF|  FAST MIX |  ESCROW|  MORE ! 

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

maryhansenn

Activity: 308

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 02:28:46 PM

Cryptocurrency should be taught in high school. We don't have the time to teach our children so it would be beneficial if someone else does it
johnine

Activity: 246
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 02:32:26 PM

I have a two opinion in this topic. First it is a good idea to teach crypto currency in highschool so that there will be a new programmer's that can make much better block chains that has unique ideas and good projects. Second I think it is not a good idea, because maybe it'll become the distraction with their studies, they might get out of school or see theirself that why do they have to study if they already know how to create block chains where they can earn big income.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  

Jump to: