Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 08:31:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Cryptocurrency education in high school  (Read 2003 times)
zhopas

Activity: 323
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 03:32:49 AM

This high school in New Jersey is already teaching its students about cryptocurrencies.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/02/07/bitcoin-education-at-high-schools-and-colleges.html
For me, it is not a good idea to implement because I think high school life for students is very hard because this is the time that they experiencing different situations that make them confused on what path they will go. So if cryptocurrency education being implement, it is better to approve in college because I do believe that this is the stage of student's life where they already matured enough to understand many things like this.
kuckong

Activity: 184
Merit: 10

Token That Will Transform The Venture Capital Mark

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 03:39:03 AM

wow this is a good news. that way they will understand cryptocurrency early and can make them interested to invest early on. I do not think it's a bad thing to learn to invest since school, so kids will save more because their money will be invested in cryptocurrency. and they will be careful in using money / not wasteful and they also get dedication that making money is not easy.

tungaqhd

Activity: 1540
Merit: 508

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 03:51:15 AM

This high school in New Jersey is already teaching its students about cryptocurrencies.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/02/07/bitcoin-education-at-high-schools-and-colleges.html
I live in VietNam and my school is teaching about bitcoin and blockchain too. It's very good for bitcoin and cryptocurrency, make them become more popular and trusted.
SeVenlast

Activity: 413
Merit: 10

● KEEP CALM & HODL ●

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 03:52:22 AM

For me, it is not a good idea to implement because I think high school life for students is very hard because this is the time that they experiencing different situations that make them confused on what path they will go. So if cryptocurrency education being implement, it is better to approve in college because I do believe that this is the stage of student's life where they already matured enough to understand many things like this.

This will have a good and bad impact for the children at that time because it could have become more lazy to seek other knowledge with no easy way to make money.

●    ●
 ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●   ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
chirst adam94

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 04:01:44 AM

Blockchain will eventually start to deteriorate when there's a better technology feature that can process things in real time. It's okay pretty nice to have for now.
MAJICOIN

Activity: 364

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 04:04:25 AM

I think it is a good idea to start bitcoin and crypto education in the high schools because those students who wants to become the students of business studies from their high school they will be able to use their knowledge and interests in the currencies will make them the future investors and bitcoin is hope for every one in the world and soon it will change the monetary system.

♦      GΞMΞRA      ♦     Crypto-Token Backed by Colombian Emeralds     [  WHITEPAPER  ]              
     ▬▬▬    PRE-SALE  ▶  Sep 10th - Oct 24th     JOIN NOW & get 20% BONUS!    ▬▬▬    
♦          TELEGRAM        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        YOUTUBE         MEDIUM         GITHUB         LINKEDIN          ♦
Notcalculator

Activity: 196
Merit: 12

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 04:07:08 AM

I think this is too early for High school students but the right time for college students, but overall this is great for the crypto community. This will certainly affect the future of Crypto currency market, since they have at least a basic knowledge how blockchain works. Unlike the older people today that has a closed mind thinking that Bitcoin/altcoin is just another scam. This students will be the future investors and will surely make the crypto currency market stay for the future.

I dont think it's ever too early to teach about crypto and finances. I mean according to the article the class isnt solely about crypto. Which is good. I think they should focus more on the economic side rather than the science part. Learning to invest in crypto is learning too invest in everything else. So i think this is a good step.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
PLINKO    |7| SLOTS     (+) ROULETTE    ▼ BIT SPINBITVESTPLAY or INVEST ║ ✔ Rainbot  ✔ Happy Hours  ✔ Faucet
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
amy.wh1te

Activity: 6

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 04:15:39 AM

If you ask me, I think that block chain technologies should be studied in High school!
frankybutterin

Activity: 242

“Blockchain Just Entered The Real World”

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 04:28:12 AM

I think introducing cryptocurrenfy to upper middle school students is a bad thing and too early for them. as this may disturb their learning activities. they are still teenagers do not have to think about their foku money is just learning science. cryptocurrency should be introduced when they are there to become a college student

DispatchLabs

Activity: 420
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2018, 04:35:04 AM

Education is all about acquiring the skills necessary to become successful in life or at least not end up on the streets.  In the past, people were educated on such tech as farming or blacksmithing, but these skills fell out of popular use as advancements in manufacturing and other technology grew.  We see the same thing happening today as schools have to decide whether they will discontinue teaching cursive to students who predominantly use computers to take notes and communicate. 

Crypto/blockchain is a new tech that will become ubiquitous and I applaud those schools who are seeing the necessity of educating our students now so they can stay competitive and become successful.  Our CTO is only 21 and is largely self-taught in the more advanced blockchain consensus algorithm ecosystem, but not everyone is as driven as he is to go out and find solutions to their own technical challenges, so schools teaching these curricula can offer students opportunities they may not have even realized existed.   

Dispatch Labs is a Distributed Ledger Technology Platform for Dapp Developers that is truly scalable, insanely fast with no transaction fees.
imstillthebest

Activity: 1638
Merit: 122

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 04:43:08 AM

I think introducing cryptocurrenfy to upper middle school students is a bad thing and too early for them. as this may disturb their learning activities. they are still teenagers do not have to think about their foku money is just learning science. cryptocurrency should be introduced when they are there to become a college student

teaching them earlier is more beneficial because their minds are still fresh and not corrputed by other bad and negative thoughts. as they grow older they are also becoming a pro when it comes to these crypto currency and as a result of that , they can now be able to invest or trade wisely without having to risk big if ever they enter the crypto business. Teaching crypto should always be anywhere or everywhere in any ages  because all of us have a right to learn it as it could change our lives for the better.

Chuosen

Activity: 2

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 04:45:54 AM

Feel like we didn't learn enough about the function of money to begin with while I was in school.

Would have been extremely useful to learn about how money works, and crypto seems to be a crash course in doing so.
iCryptoKnight

Activity: 2

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 05:32:17 AM

I feel this will eventually happen, but probably not in another decade at least.
emath7

Activity: 158

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 06:50:18 AM

Blockchain technology is rebuilding the world. Crypto money, the product we saw in the window. There are a lot of innovations in the backplane. This technological development is just the beginning. We do not see exactly what Blockchain can do for my life. The coming years will be very moving.
   It is very important that this technology is taught to children. Because our world, these children will build. The reality of Blockchain is now in our lives. The Internet has entered a whole new dimension. New generations have to be educated in this awareness ...
   In many parts of the world, blockchain lessons have begun to be given. In state universities, high schools, even lower levels. Because it's a fact and we should see it...
neerajmittaljii

Activity: 56

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 06:55:32 AM

Certainly too early to teach cryptocurrency for high school students because cryptocurrency is also a matter of responsibility.  Smiley
djmixen

Activity: 518
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 07:02:48 AM

Sounds great, but there are many things that need to analyze before they teach it and before they adapt in their curriculum because in some aspect it will affect the study of the kids whereas they need to be focus first in their studies.
kesmex

Activity: 1110
Merit: 104

The OGz Club

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 07:22:40 AM

that's good, introducing crypto in high school, technological advances in the future will continue to grow and crypto world will also continue to grow again, by introducing crypto in high school is very good for basic knowledge in crypto world, so if they in the future begin to plunge into the world Crypto, will not be too confused because it already has a basic knowledge of crypto.

The OGz Club     [ [ [ [ [   The 1st & Only #MemeFi Project   ] ] ] ] ]
Website     ◢ Reddit     ◢ Telegram     ◢ Twitter     ◢ TikTok     ◢ Facebook
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ►► Powered by BOUNTY DETECTIVE     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
dubinsky

Activity: 224

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 07:28:50 AM

That is cool. I think it's a good move to teach about cryptocurrency in high school. Because to prepare for change (referring to global economic and financial changes related to cryptocurrency), it needs to be prepared as early as possible.
Simonova irina

Activity: 32

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 07:29:26 AM

it is good to have cryptocurrency education in high school. But i must suggest that only a brief introduction of crypto should teach to them. Because I believe that this is not the perfect time of enhancing them in this system old where in thru this bracket it consider as a time of setting their first stage of enhancing his/her maturity and capability. Therefore their are not yet responsible enough to this and i think teaching of them is only wasting of time. 
Robotbitcoin22

Activity: 854
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 07:36:52 AM

that's good, introducing crypto in high school, technological advances in the future will continue to grow and crypto world will also continue to grow again, by introducing crypto in high school is very good for basic knowledge in crypto world, so if they in the future begin to plunge into the world Crypto, will not be too confused because it already has a basic knowledge of crypto.
an improvement if later in school many basic education about crypto currency, as we know now that people or children themselves are quite a lot who are interested in cryptocurrency
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  

Jump to: