Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 04:45:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Lost Bitcoins  (Read 1166 times)
AngelSky

Activity: 1008
Merit: 537

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 05:00:47 PM

Share the information with the forum is good to be awareness to have the fund much safer to have it. I see the people saying they are loosing the fund but these are the things we need to take attention and make the people very much clear the bitcoin wallets are really safe.
Until you does not use the wallets are perfect. Kindly check the good wallet with the review and add the security measures.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
semutracing

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 05:34:50 AM

we will not get to the point when the amount of bitcoin lost is so great that it breaks the system because I think more and more people are realizing the value of bitcoin and they will take care of it more carefully
ngacengan

Activity: 504

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 05:41:01 AM

if you lose the bitcoin you have then there will be nothing you can do again because you have lost bitcoin which is a very valuable asset and very easy to steal so you better be careful.
Aris novianto

Activity: 448

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 06:01:09 AM

bitcoin will never disappear, now the bitcoin market is declining as well as all of its downward price coins are down, but now the bitcoin prices are starting to rise little by little,I never afraid to invest.

CCN    CUSTOMCONTRACT.NETWORK      CCN   
We Provide The Best Smart    Facebook Twitter  Telegram
Contract Services    ▰▰▰     Service Thread    Whitepaper
Getcoinsite

Activity: 714
Merit: 260

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 06:14:44 AM

When will we hit a critical point at which there's just too many lost bitcoins due to someone loosing their wallets, dying or corrupted hard drives and etc? At some point this is bound to happen right?
I know that for the time being, low circulating supply means that the coin will increase in value but how low can it get before it starts to give diminishing returns and actually inflict damage to the system? What would happen to crypto in general if all of the coins and altcoins will suffer the same ending?
Of course this will never come to reality,and this is only an exaggerated mind whos having some kind of issue

But when the volume is lowerd the price will surely grow and if does the altcoins will be the secondary coins that many will use so the same effect to the altcoins sine this will be domino effect.so basically this will never come true
sublime5447
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 02:15:32 PM

It is so hard to move on when you lost your bitcoin like for example, forgot password or lost back up phrase for account recovery and that is why it is best to keep a hard copy of the back up phrase and also the password of your wallet so if ever that you forgot or lost your soft copy of your back up phrase then you have a back up.
yes it is true we time will forget the password of our wallet if we just save it with soft copy in our computer it will be easy to lose if exposed to a virus that deletes all the existing files at least we make a backup computer using paper written password our wallet so that when the forgotten or soft copy is lost we still have a password backup on the paper we have ever written.
Brama Jasa

Activity: 530
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 02:46:21 PM

bitcoin will never disappear, now the bitcoin market is declining as well as all of its downward price coins are down, but now the bitcoin prices are starting to rise little by little,I never afraid to invest.

yes, if we lose bitcoin for stolen people, hard disk storage bitcoin damaged, certainly can not be returned again, and bitcoin lost will remain and fixated so that it can affect the price of bitcoin, before saving the coins so as not lost should be a trusted wallet sympathy , which has a high security, such as a wallet that has a private key or so on. in the crypto world if inexperience do not try it or you will lose your assets
SolomonSollarsNSense

Activity: 462

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 05:48:53 AM

When will we hit a critical point at which there's just too many lost bitcoins due to someone loosing their wallets, dying or corrupted hard drives and etc? At some point this is bound to happen right?
I know that for the time being, low circulating supply means that the coin will increase in value but how low can it get before it starts to give diminishing returns and actually inflict damage to the system? What would happen to crypto in general if all of the coins and altcoins will suffer the same ending?

If cryptocurrency volume will be going to decrease even more due to some reckless actions like forgetting your password then the price will keep on increasing, always remember that a low amount of supply will lead to the price of coins to increase even more in the market.

If that will happen it means it is lucky to other because of one mistake. The increase of the value is the happeness of everyone because it can put up the profit in different way to go. When the market is red everyone tried to hold and waiting to high the value maybe that is the cycle of crypto currencies.
but not all users will have the same options as you. not all users will holding and be patient as you do, maybe many of them also sell out of panic and fear of getting bigger losses, and that's what keeps the bitcoin price down, should some of them have to be patient, because the price is sure to go up, they are too rash..

That is the reason why the idea of using a decentralized wallet where you have the full control of the wallet in your hands and in that case, you can always access them anytime anywhere and any day which is one thing a lot of people usually do not get.
However, lost bitcoins are gone forever, unless there is a protocol however that is going to retrieve them, but how can they be identified is one thing no one can know yet anyway but as long as now is concerned, they are gone forever.
thresher

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 27, 2018, 04:26:54 PM

No one knows exactly how many bitcoins are lost in the wallets of the old owners and nothing can be done about it. But even without this, the price of bitcoin will gradually increase every year, as there is a deficit. People wishing to get it become more and less tokens themselves here and have it.
Yes, because the total number of Bitcoins remaining on the market is very little, so according to the rule of supply-demand, the value of Bitcoin will grow year by year. I believe Bitcoin will achieve a new milestone this year than 2017.
You mean that their wallets have been hacked. This is one of the big problems for crypto investors. Most people scare to invest their hard earns money in cryptocurrency because of the scam and hacking. If these problems are solved the investment cap will up like a rocket. But due to internet base these problems will also be there with cryptocurrency.
maarx

Activity: 882
Merit: 517

cloverdex.io

View Profile
July 27, 2018, 05:19:49 PM
Last edit: July 28, 2018, 10:39:41 AM by maarx

I too have an experience in loosing a small amount of bitcoin due to entering incorrect URL in the address bar. The hackers just washed away my wallet and had nil amount at the end. It was very less around 0.01 btc was stolen from the wallet. I would say it totally depends on individuals not the wallet providers. We should be always checking if we are into correct URL and have activated necessary secure options given. Protect your wallet with 2FA google authentication which will help you protect from thefts and hacks.

.What is Cloverdex platform?.
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
ANN Thread | Website
Telegram | Twitter
Whitepaper | Reddit
IGP50

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 27, 2018, 07:37:55 PM

I become always sad when i remember the day my account was hacked and i had no option than to keep quiet and cry. On the 22nd of January,2017, I filled a form sent to me through my email that i have the chance to win 2 btc. I quickly filled the form with the aim of getting money and at the end, i realized i have done a mistake. I advice all to be very cautious in filling unanimous forms.   
Dread Pirate Roberts

Activity: 1484
Merit: 326

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2018, 10:50:23 PM

It will definitely take a very long time. and when it really happend and bitcoin is getting in a lot demand the price is also going to be very high than with current prices right know. but it looks like bitcoin flow always ends up in a some wallet. imposible that will dissapear .
Naughty Princess

Activity: 952
Merit: 107

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 07:37:56 AM

we will not get to the point when the amount of bitcoin lost is so great that it breaks the system because I think more and more people are realizing the value of bitcoin and they will take care of it more carefully

When we lost, we learned to take care of what we have. We experienced from it and we have phobia that it might happened again specially when we lost because of being hacked. Being hacked makes you stop doing things and stuck on learning what happened, why it has to be you. Lost bitcoin is not irreversible for those you transfer it on wrong account or cannot get through the traffic that makes you feel bad.

Alfiehob

Activity: 92

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 09:57:53 AM

I too have an experience in loosing a small amount of bitcoin due to entering incorrect URL in the address bar. The hackers just washed away my wallet and had nil amount at the end. It was very less around 0.01 btc was stolen from the wallet. I would say it totally depends on individuals not the wallet providers. We should be always checking if we are into correct URL and have activated necessary secure options given. Protect your wallet with 2FA google authentication which will help you protect from thefts and hacks.
When you come to get golden things, then there are golden risks as well. You have to be more careful with what move you are going to make. You can’t just rely on someone else and make lose measured steps. In such cases you will be welcoming loss for you. So better is to make good observation over things and search for those best practices that can be able to save you.
EddyGameta

Activity: 884

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 05:40:46 AM

Lost bitcoin is because of human error because humans who forgot the password wallet can make the saved bitcoin missing. For now less bitcoin supplies make bitcoin become more expensive because the demand for bitcoin is a lot.
junglist.massive

Activity: 759

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 05:51:41 AM

It’s very harmful if our forgetful nature recurred again where we have collected some coins in the wallet but we forgot the password to open it.
It’s a good idea to keep our password backup properly and easily visible so that when we forget the password it's easier to remember it so it won’t be detrimental if we forgot
microwave

Activity: 191

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 07:20:07 AM

the Lost bitcoin is unrecoverable actually, but it doesn't mean it will affect the stock of bitcoin this is only minimal than the pat capital started stock of 21 million bitcoin. I agree with the comment of one guy here this is about 100 years to fully mine all of bitcoin that's true.
jademaxsuy

Activity: 924
Merit: 220

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2018, 07:38:06 AM

I think there are only less situations that are happening like this when one will going to lose bitcoins because of his digital wallet that could not be accessed anymore due to some reasons. Well yeah it could be something like that to happen but it will be minimal because most of the investors are smart doing back up for the important keys to their digital wallet.
genuin

Activity: 406
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 07:52:07 AM

I suggest you sell bitcoin at this time, because in the next few months I see the price of bitcoin will fall to touch USD 5k. I hope you get good luck with that. There will be many issues coming in the near future  Smiley
Lukamovo918

Activity: 32

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 08:46:12 AM

A new industry is emerging with "treasure hunters" trying to restore the Bitcoin and Altcoin values lost. In the future, recovery and search technology will certainly grow, so the crypto industry is always sustainable.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: