Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 09:35:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: GigaDice.com | 1% House-Edge | FREE BTC | PayPal, Bitcoin, PerfectMoney Cashouts  (Read 7345 times)
GigaDice (OP)

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 04:37:46 AM

For what's worth, so far you have entirely sidestepped the discussion regarding the provably fair method used at gigadice. Can't you clearly explain it ?

Anyway, here is how I understood the process. For this example I took the bets 1 and 8 at http://gigadice.com/verification.php?betid=1 and http://gigadice.com/verification.php?betid=8. Bet 1 rolled 18.71 with user seed 208606, Bet 8 rolled 56.03 with user seed 597414. To check the outcome is the expected one, concatenate the rolled number, the user seed, and the daily secret of 61f476d793488e3d47fd348011c203084c60be24 for these rolls. Apply SHA 512 on the concatenated message and take the hex digest, if they match the one published at "Server Seed (Hash) for that Roll" for that bet, then the result is the expected one. For these rolls, the hashes match -- EXCEPT it is missing the most important step: WHAT did it do to roll 18.71 and 56.03 there ?

There are yet two other issues about how you're handling this (beyond not properly answering it earlier). First issue: the hash of the daily secret 61f476d793488e3d47fd348011c203084c60be24 is not shown anywhere, if it is I can't find it. Second issue regards the way you describe your method, if it is done exactly as specified there, then it is not provably fair again.

Here is the part that is wrong in every instance: """Prior to betting, you receive a "Server Seed" and a "Client Seed." The Server Seed is a combination of your roll, your client seed, and our secret - hashed""". This is telling me I get a user seed before the bet is placed, it doesn't clearly say that the player sends its own seed. /If/ it is not the player who specifies his seed, then it is not provably fair and it should be obvious why that is the case. The description regarding "Server seed" is also confusing, but I mentioned this in an earlier post.

Since this is relatively long, let me resume: 1) you are not describing how the rolled number is picked; 2) the way you describe "user seed" makes it not provably fair; 3) "server seed" is confusing as it is not a seed of anything.

It would be impossible or very illogical to force the user into submitting a client seed every bet, we do however allow users if they feel the need to change it if they feel the need to. If you're wondering how the rolls are determined it is through a simple php rand function.

Wow, take some time and think about what you just wrote there. How can the user possibly know that the roll was done in a provably fair manner considering what you just wrote ? Here is the result of "a simple php rand function": 32, who can I know I did it in a fair manner ? You (the player actually) have no way to check that with this current method.

Pay attention to this: neither the user seed nor the daily secret have any effect in the rolled number. If you know of any site that do this, you picked the wrong example to follow.

I have answered this multiple time at the moment the client seed doesn't affect affect the roll but we're looking to implement it in the future. I'm looking to ways to increase our provability and transparency and very much appreciate your feedback.

Do you understand that gigadice is not provably fair ?

This is what I've been trying to get him to understand. He doesn't seem to get the difference between provably fair and provable results.

Provably Fair: The house picks a number in such a way that the user can verify that the house did not have any control over the outcome of the roll

Provable Results: The house supplies a way to show that the outcome did not change from when the hash/seed was provided and after the roll. There is no way to verify the house is not controlling the outcome of the roll.

GigaDice has provable results.

(He also doesn't know the difference between credited and accredited)

Thank you for your feedback and suggestions thus far, we will definitely be adding a different method of provably fair in Gigadice 2.0. I have added some balance to your account for helping us improve our site. If you have any more suggestions or questions feel free to message me or contact me through email at admin@gigadice.com

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
julian_datminer

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2013, 04:47:36 AM

signd up ^^
username: sickdoctor

LET THE GAME BEGIN !!!!
steveds
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 05:27:30 AM

registered with username steveds
i was part of your beta so fund away Smiley
GigaDice (OP)

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 05:47:05 AM

Added balance to every account I have missed. Hope you guys enjoy the site.
steveds
Legendary

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 05:50:36 AM

i sent you an error on your pms please reply
GigaDice (OP)

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 05:52:37 AM

I will not send the BTC to your address, I have added it to your balance as requested.
steveds
Legendary

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 05:54:33 AM

I will not send the BTC to your address, I have added it to your balance as requested.
read the new pm thanks Wink
mises

Activity: 352
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 06:51:28 AM

Is gigagold essentially money? US laws making it illegal to bet with anything besides BTC.
GigaDice (OP)

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 06:53:34 AM

Is gigagold essentially money? US laws making it illegal to bet with anything besides BTC.

US laws don't apply as we have prohibited US users from accessing Gigagold.
Zhoy

Activity: 12

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 07:32:05 AM

There seems to be a problem showing the balance, recent bets, and stats when viewing with Chrome, but seems okay with IE. Or is this just me?  Huh
GigaDice (OP)

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 07:41:51 AM

There seems to be a problem showing the balance, recent bets, and stats when viewing with Chrome, but seems okay with IE. Or is this just me?  Huh

This seems to happen sporadically to a small portion of our users. I've found that closing the browser and re visiting the site solves the problem. Nonetheless we're looking to find a permanent solution to this and pinpoint what exactly is causing this. I have added some balance to your account for your troubles.
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 07:52:21 AM

Looking at your verification page I was under the assumption that the client seed DOES affect the rolled number.

Is the result generated in advance of when I click on bet?
Mooshire

Activity: 322

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 10:55:15 AM

Looking at your verification page I was under the assumption that the client seed DOES affect the rolled number.

Is the result generated in advance of when I click on bet?

It is, that's what we've been saying.

Mooshire

Activity: 322

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 10:55:58 AM

For what's worth, so far you have entirely sidestepped the discussion regarding the provably fair method used at gigadice. Can't you clearly explain it ?

Anyway, here is how I understood the process. For this example I took the bets 1 and 8 at http://gigadice.com/verification.php?betid=1 and http://gigadice.com/verification.php?betid=8. Bet 1 rolled 18.71 with user seed 208606, Bet 8 rolled 56.03 with user seed 597414. To check the outcome is the expected one, concatenate the rolled number, the user seed, and the daily secret of 61f476d793488e3d47fd348011c203084c60be24 for these rolls. Apply SHA 512 on the concatenated message and take the hex digest, if they match the one published at "Server Seed (Hash) for that Roll" for that bet, then the result is the expected one. For these rolls, the hashes match -- EXCEPT it is missing the most important step: WHAT did it do to roll 18.71 and 56.03 there ?

There are yet two other issues about how you're handling this (beyond not properly answering it earlier). First issue: the hash of the daily secret 61f476d793488e3d47fd348011c203084c60be24 is not shown anywhere, if it is I can't find it. Second issue regards the way you describe your method, if it is done exactly as specified there, then it is not provably fair again.

Here is the part that is wrong in every instance: """Prior to betting, you receive a "Server Seed" and a "Client Seed." The Server Seed is a combination of your roll, your client seed, and our secret - hashed""". This is telling me I get a user seed before the bet is placed, it doesn't clearly say that the player sends its own seed. /If/ it is not the player who specifies his seed, then it is not provably fair and it should be obvious why that is the case. The description regarding "Server seed" is also confusing, but I mentioned this in an earlier post.

Since this is relatively long, let me resume: 1) you are not describing how the rolled number is picked; 2) the way you describe "user seed" makes it not provably fair; 3) "server seed" is confusing as it is not a seed of anything.

It would be impossible or very illogical to force the user into submitting a client seed every bet, we do however allow users if they feel the need to change it if they feel the need to. If you're wondering how the rolls are determined it is through a simple php rand function.

Wow, take some time and think about what you just wrote there. How can the user possibly know that the roll was done in a provably fair manner considering what you just wrote ? Here is the result of "a simple php rand function": 32, who can I know I did it in a fair manner ? You (the player actually) have no way to check that with this current method.

Pay attention to this: neither the user seed nor the daily secret have any effect in the rolled number. If you know of any site that do this, you picked the wrong example to follow.

I have answered this multiple time at the moment the client seed doesn't affect affect the roll but we're looking to implement it in the future. I'm looking to ways to increase our provability and transparency and very much appreciate your feedback.

This is what I've been trying to get him to understand. He doesn't seem to get the difference between provably fair and provable results.

Provably Fair: The house picks a number in such a way that the user can verify that the house did not have any control over the outcome of the roll

Provable Results: The house supplies a way to show that the outcome did not change from when the hash/seed was provided and after the roll. There is no way to verify the house is not controlling the outcome of the roll.

Thank you for your feedback and suggestions thus far, we will definitely be adding a different method of provably fair in Gigadice 2.0. I have added some balance to your account for helping us improve our site. If you have any more suggestions or questions feel free to message me or contact me through email at admin@gigadice.com

Bribing me isn't going to keep me quiet.

kklljsw

Activity: 4

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 01:07:52 PM

Signed up with username: kklljsw

Thank you
knowitnothing

Activity: 294

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 02:01:35 PM

The seeds /do not affect/ the rolled number, not even the daily secret affects it. The user seed and daily secret are only used to show that sha2_512("whatever roll it decided to output" + "user seed" + "daily secret") == hash shown before the roll. The user seed is completely irrelevant.

The operator also cannot properly explain the process of producing a roll. It was mentioned that the rand function from php is used. If that is all there is to it, you are using a method known to be breakable and then an attacker will guess the next outcomes and will bankrupt the site.
GigaDice (OP)

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 03:31:44 PM

I have brought up the changes to provably fair to my developer and they will be implemented within a day or two.
ASICSRUS

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

Expert Computer Geek

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 05:17:41 PM

who coined this term : "PROVABLY FAIR" does anyone know? Roll Eyes tia!

✰ If You Risk Nothing, You Risk Everything | PrimeDice.com | The New Way To Roll | *Thread*

<3<3:::LOVE^YOUR^NEIGHBOR!!!:::|+i|_33+(((PLEASE)))====>Donate if you like me!~> 157YEcD4WQ9UbhZ7NSC2FpuaYfxHe3JgF2
knowitnothing

Activity: 294

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 06:04:29 PM

who coined this term : "PROVABLY FAIR" does anyone know? Roll Eyes tia!

An old enough reference:

Constructive and Provably Fair Coin Flip in Byzantine Networks. B Awerbucb, B Char, S Goldwasser, S Micali - 1984.
Aalesund

Activity: 143

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 06:16:07 PM

Is there an option for Auto betting?

Let's color the MOON: YN4VBGgcmm7nAGqhc2zeUN7eJXCxfWyWGa
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: