Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 03:45:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: GigaDice.com | 1% House-Edge | FREE BTC | PayPal, Bitcoin, PerfectMoney Cashouts  (Read 7345 times)
danyy

Activity: 145
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 02:36:04 AM

Im here for the free BTC!

Username is : rapid

thanks!

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Mooshire

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 02:40:02 AM

admin is ignoring my concerns about provably fair and is stealing site design from Stunna. Not provably fair and stealing another site's design? No thanks.

simple-dice

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 02:46:36 AM

GigaDice, you have not answered my question. How does my client seed influence the roll if it's only purpose is to be hashed with the roll? How does my client seed influence the roll? You are avoiding this question.

It isn't necessary to have the client seed influence the roll as the client seed's purpose is to verify that the bet was provably fair which it accomplishes. Each site has different methods of "provably fair" and they all solve the same problem. Please refer to this wonderful topic mem made which should shed some light on the intricacies of provably fair and provable results.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=266791.0

Then how can I tell that you don't just create a bunch of low rolls and hash them with my client seed? What does the server seed ultimately accomplish? How do I know that you don't just make a bunch of losing rolls?

In the 2nd par. you said "server seed."  What do you think a server-seed is?

And the first 8 characters of WHICH hash?  You said hash two things - I don't think you really understand what provably fair is nor did you explain it properly.
GigaDice (OP)

Activity: 224

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 02:48:51 AM

admin is ignoring my concerns about provably fair and is stealing site design from Stunna. Not provably fair and stealing another site's design? No thanks.

I was gone for maybe a few minutes grabbing some dinner. I will address your concerns about provably fair as you seem accustomed to Primedice's method which is perfectly fine. In regards to your previous post, it would not work as the server seed is provided before hand and the client seed is provided by the user which makes what you suggest impossible. The purpose of a server seed is to prove that the bets aren't manipulated as it's provided before the bet and since the client seed is user submitted it does so in a "provably fair" manner. In regards to stealing another site's design, we used a modified bootstrap for the back end and approached a web designer for the front end development and since most site's use bootstrap (letsdice) they tend to look similar. Some concepts were taken from Primedice as we wish to provide the best possible product for our users.
Mooshire

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 02:55:14 AM

GigaDice, you have not answered my question. How does my client seed influence the roll if it's only purpose is to be hashed with the roll? How does my client seed influence the roll? You are avoiding this question.

It isn't necessary to have the client seed influence the roll as the client seed's purpose is to verify that the bet was provably fair which it accomplishes. Each site has different methods of "provably fair" and they all solve the same problem. Please refer to this wonderful topic mem made which should shed some light on the intricacies of provably fair and provable results.

Then how can I tell that you don't just create a bunch of low rolls and hash them with my client seed? What does the server seed ultimately accomplish? How do I know that you don't just make a bunch of losing rolls?

And the first 8 characters of WHICH hash?  You said hash two things - I don't think you really understand what provably fair is nor did you explain it properly.

The way most sites do provably fair:

Client seed: Provided by the user, used to make sure site is not cheating
Server seed (or secret): Used by the server, not provided until after the bet.
The server seed is then usually hashed and then presented to the user before the roll is made.
The outcome of the bet, usually a base 10 number between 1 and 100 is derived from the hash of the server secret and the client seed together.

GigaDice (OP)

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 03:01:00 AM

The server seed is then usually hashed and then presented to the user before the roll is made.
The outcome of the bet, usually a base 10 number between 1 and 100 is derived from the hash of the server secret and the client seed together.

Yes, I understand but our site remains "provably fair", I think you're confusing provably fair and provable results. If we didn't allow for users to edit the client seed before the roll than we would be not be provably fair but since users directly influence the hash which will verify if the bet is provably fair we accomplish the same thing. There is many ways to be provably fair, whether it be the primedice method you're accustomed to or through blockchain they accomplish the same thing.
Mooshire

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 03:11:16 AM

Yes, I understand but our site remains "provably fair", I think you're confusing provably fair and provable results. If we didn't allow for users to edit the client seed before the roll than we would be not be provably fair but since users directly influence the hash which will verify if the bet is provably fair we accomplish the same thing. There is many ways to be provably fair, whether it be the primedice method you're accustomed to or through blockchain they accomplish the same thing.

What I don't understand is this: How do I know you don't just pick low rolls ahead of time? Sure, they wouldn't change between when I see the server seed and after I bet, but they're still low rolls. I'm sorry if i'm bashing on your site because i don't understand something, but how do I know the site doesn't generate low rolls?

simple-dice

Activity: 59

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 03:16:48 AM

The table and few things in the header look similar, but the actual betting platform looks very different.

Failing to see why a similar table and header matters especially considering the sites are similar as is...  He didn't ignore your concerns - he just uses provably fair in a different way.

You need to get the stick out of your ass and the sand out of your vagina, IMO.
Mooshire

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 03:17:58 AM

The table and few things in the header look similar, but the actual betting platform looks very different.

Failing to see why a similar table and header matters especially considering the sites are similar as is...  He didn't ignore your concerns - he just uses provably fair in a different way.

You need to get the stick out of your ass and the sand out of your vagina, IMO.

Tired of dumb jr. members. Ignored.
EDIT: Especially sock puppets of scammers that try to make scam dice sites that get shut down.

GigaDice (OP)

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 03:24:46 AM

What I don't understand is this: How do I know you don't just pick low rolls ahead of time? Sure, they wouldn't change between when I see the server seed and after I bet, but they're still low rolls. I'm sorry if i'm bashing on your site because i don't understand something, but how do I know the site doesn't generate low rolls?

This is completely understandable and I will try my best to explain this concept. I think the problem you're having is "selective hashing" which in theory any site can utilize, even when using the aforementioned provably fair method. Our method of provably fair once verified will show that bets aren't tampered with, although this requires waiting on the daily secret. Since the user can change the client seed which ultimately influences the hash which HAS to match the server seed also provided before the roll.
knowitnothing

Activity: 294

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 03:25:14 AM

Is simple-dice working for gigadice ? Well, anyway, consider the following text taken as is from the site in question:

"""
Prior to betting, you receive a "Server Seed" and a "Client Seed." The Server Seed is a combination of your roll, your client seed, and our secret - hashed.
"""

So this is obviously wrong. How can the server seed (please read exactly as it is written above, because those are the current words used in the site) include the roll (which doesn't exist yet) prior to placing a bet ?

The best way to solve all this: give the code used for checking the rolls.
Mooshire

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 03:30:18 AM

Is simple-dice working for gigadice ? Well, anyway, consider the following text taken as is from the site in question:

"""
Prior to betting, you receive a "Server Seed" and a "Client Seed." The Server Seed is a combination of your roll, your client seed, and our secret - hashed.
"""

So this is obviously wrong. How can the server seed (please read exactly as it is written above, because those are the current words used in the site) include the roll (which doesn't exist yet) prior to placing a bet ?

But even then we don't know if it's the actual code. You keep trying to tell me that it's provably fair, but it 's not. The roll can be whatever you want it to be before it is hashed, and this is not provably fair.

GigaDice (OP)

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 03:32:27 AM

"""
"""

Yes, once the secret is released at the end of day you will already have the roll, client and server seed. It would be impossible to verify a bet before it even happened which is what I think you're claiming. I will look to correct any grammar mistakes on the site which may confuse users, thank you.
GigaDice (OP)

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 03:34:52 AM

"""
"""

But even then we don't know if it's the actual code. You keep trying to tell me that it's provably fair, but it 's not. The roll can be whatever you want it to be before it is hashed, and this is not provably fair.

No it cannot since the client seed is editable and shown before the roll, I'm not sure if you have read this topic but it explains in detail what is and what isn't provably fair. Thank you for your concern we will look into adding the provably fair you stated in version two of our site as it seems to be more popular.
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 03:52:53 AM

There was an error with your log-in.

Please add SSL too.
Mooshire

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 03:53:55 AM

Please add SSL too.

TF, is this actually provably fair?

GigaDice (OP)

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 03:54:25 AM

Please add SSL too.

SSL will be added once the site is incorporated. What was the specific error so I can try my best to diagnose it.
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 03:58:24 AM

Please add SSL too.

SSL will be added once the site is incorporated. What was the specific error so I can try my best to diagnose it.

There was an error with your log-in. was the specific error.

I would also update Apache if I were you. http://www.cvedetails.com/vulnerability-list/vendor_id-45/product_id-66/version_id-93077/Apache-Http-Server-2.2.15.html
GigaDice (OP)

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 04:00:48 AM

Please add SSL too.

There was an error with your log-in. was the specific error.

I would also update Apache if I were you. http://www.cvedetails.com/vulnerability-list/vendor_id-45/product_id-66/version_id-93077/Apache-Http-Server-2.2.15.html

I'm assuming you mispelled your username "gldaoscc". My developer is updating apache, thank you for the heads up. The site may temporarily go offline as the site updates.
btctester

Activity: 48

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 04:17:52 AM

username: btctester

Thanks!
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: