Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 04:48:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][iQ CONTEST] 100K iQCash mined! Celebration puzzle: 100 $Waves to winner.  (Read 540 times)
lhvleao

Activity: 476
Merit: 128

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 11:29:56 PM

Too late for this one  Sad
The first is not so hard with an algorithm. Just evaluate the total amount of paths and after that how many are the fastest travel: 10 blues (which means X in roman) + 12 yellows (which means X + 2 lines that can create another X)  Grin Grin Grin
I don't have much time right now, but I'll try to think about a matemathical solucion later

I've been thinking a bit about Question 1, but no big concern yet  Grin
political1907

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 12:33:05 AM

I'm interest this. The bonus questions were written not to be resolved, but which ones have not been resolved from these puzzles?

iQCash (OP)

Activity: 148
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 01:21:02 AM

I'm interest this. The bonus questions were written not to be resolved, but which ones have not been resolved from these puzzles?

There has been no correct response to the two bonus questions yet.
Vlad_R

Activity: 7

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 03:09:24 AM

O! Фaк! Блин Wink

Right answer is 120/415 = 28.92% 

This answer is correct for the main puzzle!
Please describe your method.

And send me your Waves address.

Ae!!! I was right Grin

As for the method, I used simply a hand-calculation technique.
You put a number of routes (how you can get there) to each intersection, starting from alpha. Every time two routes cross, you sum the number of routes that crossed to get the value. You repeat this exercise until you'll get to the beta. It follows that the exact number of routes that lead to the beta was 415

Then you need to find a number of fastest routes, as the value you are looking for is "the chance that a randomly selected path will be the fastest one" - which is simply the number of fastest routes divided by the total number of routes. You find the fastest routes by erasing all slow paths and then repeating technique you used to find the total number of routes. It appeared to be, that there are 120 fastest routes.

120/415 = 28.92%

As for mathematical formula...
I found that there exists a Critical path method, but there is no formula related to this method (or I just haven't found it).
I remember that in school in informatics class, we solved puzzles like this one manually.

In my opinion, the algorithm should look like this:
1. Starting from the left and moving to the right, column by column.
2. You attribute a number 1 to the starting nod (one way to get here), every arrow that starts from the starting nod gets the same value as the starting nod (1)
3. Every arrow transfers the value from the nod it started with to the nod it ends with. It follows, that if there was a "split" and two arrows start from the same nod - they both will transfer the value of the starting nod to the end nods of each arrow.
4. If two arrows transfer values to the same nod - these values are summed (as there are X + Y paths which lead to this nod). Following this logic, arrows that start from that nod will further transfer value of the nod (X+Y). 

My Waves, please...   Cool
Vlad_R

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 03:17:16 AM

I have no idea how to solve the 1st bonus question, but I know that:

- X is 10 in Roman numerals
- X is 24th letter of English alphabet
- X is the form of two arrows that cross and then split, which gives us 2 arrows transferring value of 2 (if it helps)

If we divide 24 by 2 and multiply by 10 we get 120 - the exact number of right routes in the puzzle  Huh

OMG. X was the answer!!!

iQCash (OP)

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 03:33:58 AM

O! Фaк! Блин Wink

Ae!!! I was right Grin

You put a number of routes (how you can get there) to each intersection, starting from alpha. Every time two routes cross, you sum the number of routes that crossed to get the value. You repeat this exercise until you'll get to the beta. It follows that the exact number of routes that lead to the beta was 415

Then you need to find a number of fastest routes, as the value you are looking for is "the chance that a randomly selected path will be the fastest one" - which is simply the number of fastest routes divided by the total number of routes. You find the fastest routes by erasing all slow paths and then repeating technique you used to find the total number of routes. It appeared to be, that there are 120 fastest routes.

120/415 = 28.92%

I found that there exists a Critical path method, but there is no formula related to this method (or I just haven't found it).
I remember that in school in informatics class, we solved puzzles like this one manually.

2. You attribute a number 1 to the starting nod (one way to get here), every arrow that starts from the starting nod gets the same value as the starting nod (1)
3. Every arrow transfers the value from the nod it started with to the nod it ends with. It follows, that if there was a "split" and two arrows start from the same nod - they both will transfer the value of the starting nod to the end nods of each arrow.
4. If two arrows transfer values to the same nod - these values are summed (as there are X + Y paths which lead to this nod). Following this logic, arrows that start from that nod will further transfer value of the nod (X+Y). 

60 Waves are on their way to the address you PMd me.

Well done on the solution. Next time it'll be harder!

Now, onto the more cryptic puzzles of Bonus Question 1...
iQCash (OP)

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 03:36:39 AM

I have no idea how to solve the 1st bonus question, but I know that:

- X is 10 in Roman numerals
- X is 24th letter of English alphabet
- X is the form of two arrows that cross and then split, which gives us 2 arrows transferring value of 2 (if it helps)

If we divide 24 by 2 and multiply by 10 we get 120 - the exact number of right routes in the puzzle  Huh

OMG. X was the answer!!!

Nice try, but that is not the answer.

That requires too much knowledge that X is the answer.

The additional puzzles require no knowledge that X is that answer, but lead directly to the answer 'X'.
iQCash (OP)

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 03:46:20 AM

Too late for this one  Sad
The first is not so hard with an algorithm. Just evaluate the total amount of paths and after that how many are the fastest travel: 10 blues (which means X in roman) + 12 yellows (which means X + 2 lines that can create another X)  Grin Grin Grin
I don't have much time right now, but I'll try to think about a matemathical solucion later

I've been thinking a bit about Question 1, but no big concern yet  Grin

Welcome back. I know you were the winner of the first contest in November and have done some mining on iQCash.net.

There was just a little bump up in buy price for iQCash on Waves DEX, so if you had placed a sell order, you may have got yourself a few Waves there!
Vlad_R

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 03:57:38 AM

O! Фaк! Блин Wink

Ae!!! I was right Grin

120/415 = 28.92%

60 Waves are on their way to the address you PMd me.

Well done on the solution. Next time it'll be harder!

Now, onto the more cryptic puzzles of Bonus Question 1...

Received 60 Waves. Thanks!
sabine80

Activity: 728
Merit: 14

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 05:22:57 AM

first of all i like your project. i do a lot of mining on your site. why do you have no official ann thread to bring all news there on one place? another idea, pay a monthly bonus of waves or tokens to the top 10 of you best miner or make another monthly list with best miner for the bonus. maybe the bonus brings new people to the project and they start mining. i think this would be better than to give away 100 waves for celebrate 100.000 puzzle. its a great milestone, yes, but with this promo you support not the people how have support the project with mining.
for all my solved puzzel i get less than 1 waves token and here you give away 100 waves for one puzzle. sad. anyway, i still support your project, but maybe you should support more your miners.
iQCash (OP)

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 06:54:43 AM
Last edit: February 23, 2018, 08:46:58 AM by iQCash

first of all i like your project. i do a lot of mining on your site. why do you have no official ann thread to bring all news there on one place? another idea, pay a monthly bonus of waves or tokens to the top 10 of you best miner or make another monthly list with best miner for the bonus. maybe the bonus brings new people to the project and they start mining. i think this would be better than to give away 100 waves for celebrate 100.000 puzzle. its a great milestone, yes, but with this promo you support not the people how have support the project with mining.
for all my solved puzzel i get less than 1 waves token and here you give away 100 waves for one puzzle. sad. anyway, i still support your project, but maybe you should support more your miners.

Thanks for your efforts.

We started an announcement thread here, but interest and traffic was extremely low. A lot of threads are pumped by 'bot' farms, so as a means of building awareness, it is a poor strategy. And there really haven't been many announcements to make yet. That may change soon. We've just opened a Telegram channel (http://t.me/iQCash) and will see how that goes in terms of making announcements and connecting with users. Eventually, we may simply end up hosting a forum for such things at iQCash.net itself.

If you've mined thousands of iQCash, I'd suggest you hold onto a percentage of them and not sell them all. The limited supply and increasing difficulty should see the price rise - hopefully to well above the price of Waves!  In fact, as a result of this contest, which is a form of marketing, the sale price of iQCash on Waves DEX has (at least temporarily) risen higher, which should help all miners.

The contests will occur occasionally and will be significantly more difficult than the mining puzzles for some time to come. (It may take a while to get the balance right though.) And this particular contest is not yet over, so the solution may still take the winner several days worth of effort to fully solve. You could still be the one to solve the bonus question! Your experience with the iQ Puzzles on iQCash may give you special insight into the solution (hint hint.) Plus, it is a contest - which adds pressure. Mining is not a contest and so suits different people at different times.

The question as to whether to award extra tokens for reaching a milestone for any particular miner is a tricky one. Definitely no extra iQCash can be awarded in this way. Every iQCash will be awarded for completion of a particular mining task. And only one for every solved puzzle. Awarding Waves as bonuses or other kinds of airdrops are unlikely also. In principle, the rewards should only be from the mining.

However, there are plans to reward the miners over time in other ways. Just one example, a 'contest' that will specifically reward multiple miners that is planned for later this year will be a good one for you. I won't give details, but experienced miners will be at an advantage over others.

We're still setting things up. This contest is the first awareness-builder since launch but we haven't officially started marketing yet.

So, if you have further questions, let's give the Telegram channel a go.
slayz0r_

Activity: 12

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 05:16:40 PM

Bonus question 2:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3z0oea046e4ck08/2018-02-23%2018.15.00.jpg?dl=0
slayz0r_

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 05:39:01 PM

Bonus Question 1:

1. How many squares (formed by the arrows) are there in total in the graph (smaller and bigger ones)? -> 24 -> 24th letter of the alphabet = x
sabine80

Activity: 728
Merit: 14

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 09:20:58 PM

Thanks for your efforts.

We started an announcement thread here, but interest and traffic was extremely low. A lot of threads are pumped by 'bot' farms, so as a means of building awareness, it is a poor strategy. And there really haven't been many announcements to make yet. That may change soon. We've just opened a Telegram channel (http://t.me/iQCash) and will see how that goes in terms of making announcements and connecting with users. Eventually, we may simply end up hosting a forum for such things at iQCash.net itself.

If you've mined thousands of iQCash, I'd suggest you hold onto a percentage of them and not sell them all. The limited supply and increasing difficulty should see the price rise - hopefully to well above the price of Waves!  In fact, as a result of this contest, which is a form of marketing, the sale price of iQCash on Waves DEX has (at least temporarily) risen higher, which should help all miners.

The contests will occur occasionally and will be significantly more difficult than the mining puzzles for some time to come. (It may take a while to get the balance right though.) And this particular contest is not yet over, so the solution may still take the winner several days worth of effort to fully solve. You could still be the one to solve the bonus question! Your experience with the iQ Puzzles on iQCash may give you special insight into the solution (hint hint.) Plus, it is a contest - which adds pressure. Mining is not a contest and so suits different people at different times.

The question as to whether to award extra tokens for reaching a milestone for any particular miner is a tricky one. Definitely no extra iQCash can be awarded in this way. Every iQCash will be awarded for completion of a particular mining task. And only one for every solved puzzle. Awarding Waves as bonuses or other kinds of airdrops are unlikely also. In principle, the rewards should only be from the mining.

However, there are plans to reward the miners over time in other ways. Just one example, a 'contest' that will specifically reward multiple miners that is planned for later this year will be a good one for you. I won't give details, but experienced miners will be at an advantage over others.

We're still setting things up. This contest is the first awareness-builder since launch but we haven't officially started marketing yet.

So, if you have further questions, let's give the Telegram channel a go.

thank you sir for your reply and answers. you have explain all very good and i can understand you. then i'm curious, what else will come. i will continue my work and "mine" more tokens. hope for a bright future with iq cash.
iQCash (OP)

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 10:28:23 PM

Bonus Question 1:

1. How many squares (formed by the arrows) are there in total in the graph (smaller and bigger ones)? -> 24 -> 24th letter of the alphabet = x

That is correct for the first hidden puzzle. (That's won you 10 Waves.) There is still one more hidden puzzle that has the answer 'X'.

(Some would call the squares on an angle 'diamonds' but no issue there.)

There is a puzzle on iQCash.net called 'How many squares?' which is simple now but will become more complex as the rounds progress.

Congrats on this part of the bonus question!
slayz0r_

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 11:05:37 PM

Thank you very much! Doing my best to find the seconde question...
lhvleao

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 01:42:34 AM

Bonus question 2:
How many of those 24 squares are made by color mixer (Blue + Yellow)? 10, which means X in Roman
The other 14 are just from single colors

Is that right?  Grin
lhvleao

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 01:45:40 AM

Bonus question 2:
How many of those 24 squares are made by color mixer (Blue + Yellow)? 10, which means X in Roman

Is that right?  Grin
In fact, it's the 2nd question from Bonus question 1
slayz0r_

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 09:11:50 AM

Bonus Question 2:

(I hope you can read it)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/iqijidhiwllapsb/solution.jpg?dl=0
iQCash (OP)

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 09:17:54 AM

Bonus question 2:

Is that right?  Grin

Ha! That's clever but it's not the correct puzzle.

If it was a color mixer puzzle there would be distinct boundaries for each square.

But nice try!
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: