Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 09:15:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Yobit twitter account  (Read 188 times)
xenomorphe1 (OP)

Activity: 798
Merit: 103

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 09:49:39 PM
Merited by Zocadas (1)

Becareful if you go to Yobit twitter account. Someone said that there was a giveaway and i got scammed. The twitter account from the scammer is YobitEcxhange.
You can see that the 'Ecxhange' is not well written. He succeed to write the giveaway like it was a message from Yobit.
Don't participate in any giveaway at Twitter. The ETH address of the scammer is 0x6823E76CC93702118Fc241e0c7F8466A85526756
I didn't completely read every comments. The problem is they have a lot of accomplice and everyone post things like they get the airdrop.
But they are from the same team.
The negative comments are at the very end of the comments... And Yobit didn't delete this scammer and friends comments.
I have seen that some other people got scammed too.
If something sound too good, don't participate. It must be a scam. They only want to stole your money.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
timerland

Activity: 1526
Merit: 596

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 10:49:28 PM

Becareful if you go to Yobit twitter account. Someone said that there was a giveaway and i got scammed. The twitter account from the scammer is YobitEcxhange.
You can see that the 'Ecxhange' is not well written. He succeed to write the giveaway like it was a message from Yobit.
Don't participate in any giveaway at Twitter. The ETH address of the scammer is 0x6823E76CC93702118Fc241e0c7F8466A85526756
I didn't completely read every comments. The problem is they have a lot of accomplice and everyone post things like they get the airdrop.
The negative comments are at the very end of the comments... And Yobit didn't delete this scammer and friends comments.
If something sound too good, don't participate. It must be a scam. They only want to stole your money.

I think that you're referring to this twitter account here: https://twitter.com/YobitEcxhange?lang=en.

The real yobit twitter account is obviously not spelt with a mistype. And it should have been easy to identify this scam, since there was no posting history on that particular twitter account. The real yobit account has lots of updates every time they list a coin.

Thanks for letting us know about this scam. If any giveaway tells you to send them money in order to get money back, with an imposter account, then it should be always avoided. Legit giveaways will never ask for your money, especially not 0.2 ETH minimum.

Smiley
xenomorphe1 (OP)

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 11:10:57 PM

The problem is that the scammers also wrote on the official Yobit account:
https://twitter.com/yobitexchange

The scammers wrote at every tweet of Yobit the giveaway message. I was a little tired and didn't read carefully.
It is my fault to not have read carefully. But it is difficult to see as there were a lot of message after saying that they get the giveaway.
And the scammers succeed everytime to write the first comment on every Yobit tweet if you look carefully.

I don't really know well Tweeter as i don't have an account. I don't understand why Yobit can't erase thoses tweet or ban this user?
Other people might fall into this trap if they are not careful.

Who knows? It is maybe someone from Yobit? As i don't understand how this people could immediately write his comment just after the tweet of Yobit. Or maybe he has a lot of accomplice who like his tweet? This is a big problem if Yobit can't erase thoses comments. Or they should block the comments.
jhenfelipe

Activity: 1372
Merit: 647

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 08:19:12 PM

If you will not check the username and let the twitter name plus others comments of getting the Free ETH be the basis, you will be deceived for sure. Yobit tweeted[1] about that though. Also, come to think of it ~ if it's from the real Yobit, why wouldn't they make a tweet about it, I mean, why post it in the comments instead.

AFAIK, account owners couldn't delete the comments directly, but they can block and report the account. However, I don't think Yobit would bother doing that. The giveaway comments might be automated, not sure, but I think hackers are using bots to do that for them.

Just don't send money to receive a free money, if it's really free, you don't need to pay to get it.

[1]
Many fake msgs in Twitter about "giving away ETH" from fake accounts, don't pay to these scammers

timerland

Activity: 1526
Merit: 596

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 10:45:46 PM

The problem is that the scammers also wrote on the official Yobit account:
https://twitter.com/yobitexchange

The scammers wrote at every tweet of Yobit the giveaway message. I was a little tired and didn't read carefully.
It is my fault to not have read carefully. But it is difficult to see as there were a lot of message after saying that they get the giveaway.
And the scammers succeed everytime to write the first comment on every Yobit tweet if you look carefully.

I don't really know well Tweeter as i don't have an account. I don't understand why Yobit can't erase thoses tweet or ban this user?
Other people might fall into this trap if they are not careful.

Who knows? It is maybe someone from Yobit? As i don't understand how this people could immediately write his comment just after the tweet of Yobit. Or maybe he has a lot of accomplice who like his tweet? This is a big problem if Yobit can't erase thoses comments. Or they should block the comments.

Ah, I see what you mean.

For example this status that yobit posted on their wall: https://twitter.com/YobitExchange/status/966694517561872384, has already been flooded with that giveaway even though the title of the tweet is saying that all of these giveaways are fake. He also probably employed a few people to fake the other comments on his reply to make it seem like it's something legitimate. There's even people posting proofs... Lmao.

I'm not sure if it's yobit but it's unlikely that they would try to scam their customers in this way. Especially if they have warned their customers to not send money to them. I'm not familiar with twitter but pretty sure you can't just delete replies.

Smiley
xenomorphe1 (OP)

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 05:31:32 PM

Yes, i have read the tweet of Yobit. But it was a bit late as they post it one day later.

The same kind of scam: (from soofixoo on steemit)
https://steemit.com/bitstamp/@soufixoo/ethereum-giveaway-on-bitstamp

They also tweet on other exchanges like Bittrex. But Bittrex was more prompt to signal the scam. And they also gave a good link explaining about how to detect scams.
I also suppose that it was a botnet doing thoses tweets. I have read somewhere that Tweeter was going to do some cleaning and drop the bots accounts. I don't know if they will succeed.
I don't know why i did look at Tweeter. It was just because someone said that he tried to send some BTC to Yobit to list a coin but Yobit didn't gave any response.
I don't usually go at Tweeter. I am a complete idiot. Maybe that was destiny. I will be more careful next time.
bL4nkcode
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1305

Limited in number. Limitless in potential.

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 06:34:57 PM

Stop believing of easy money dude, like seriously? this scheme are too obvious scam.

You should serve this as a lesson, I don't expect that there are so many people hooked this scheme, the scammer pretty collected 19 ETH already. And this is not only happened once, even on the verified account on twitter are subject to be the target of this impersonators, like the accounts of Mcafee, Vitalik Buterin, Charlie Lee and many more.
magneto

Activity: 1666
Merit: 753

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 05:24:50 AM

Obvious imposter. I doubt that they actually scammed many people because it was THAT obvious. Anyone that commented on their posts saying that it's legit are most likely going to be shills.

I don't blame you for falling into this scam, everyone has their off days... Just be more careful next time if anyone demands you to send money to them for a larger return as the reward, no matter what cover story they are using and how legitimate sounding they may be.

They actually commented on yobit's warning post on twitter with this same offer. With an army of shills. Ridiculous.
blurryeyed

Activity: 670
Merit: 120

TIME TO BAN THE YOBIT SCAM!!

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2018, 02:55:41 PM

Get your coins out of this scam exchange fast!!:

Some interesting information.

GameCredits Unofficial: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5254720.0   Funniest/stupidest shit list thread ever:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1064824.msg20344174#msg20344174 - The ultimate example of trust abuse by exposed scammer craslovell...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: