Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 08:05:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Thinking of switching to mining Feathercoin instead of Litecoin  (Read 3955 times)
timk225 (OP)

Activity: 955
Merit: 1004

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 03:58:23 PM

I have been mining LTC for a few weeks, and it has gone well, I have a little over 4000 Khash worth of GPUs pimping LTC for me.

But I'm thinking of switching over to mining Feathercoin (FTC).  Mainly for the following reasons:

1. FTC is supported on several exchanges, I can trade FTC for BTC or FTC for US Dollars.

2. Lower difficulty, can mine more coins faster.

3. Much lower price, more room to grow my profit.

My ultimate goal is to trade whatever coins I have for US Dollars, I have no plans to try and buy anything with any kind of coins directly.

Plus, some big GPU farms have switched to mining LTC from BTC recently, raising the difficulty and reducing my profit.

With FTC currently around 10 cents, I think it has a lot more room to rise and make me more profit than LTC, but having said that, I think LTC could also possibly bounce high, like $50 to $100 eventually if it becomes more widely accepted.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tytanick
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1096

Simplemining.net Admin

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2013, 04:01:29 PM

just mine what is more profitable at this moment and sell to other coins like ltc or btc ...
simplest and best way
http://coinchoose.com/index.php

Manage your GPU farm the easy way with Mining OS (30 days free):  SimpleMining.net
Support available at Discord: https://simplemining.net/page/discord and admin@simplemining.net
Bitcointalk thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1541084.0
aa

Activity: 544
Merit: 500

Litecoin is right coin

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2013, 05:16:26 PM

Good idea! Stop mining LTC. Don't mine LTC again, please.

jdebunt
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2013, 07:28:45 PM

i can see why you'ld go the way of FTC, LTC isn't getting too much publicity lately, and the Gox debacle just continues (although we all saw that coming in fairness.

But FeatherCoin isn't being talked about at all, so not sure what that'll do with the value....

Mining is a risk anyway Smiley
timk225 (OP)

Activity: 955
Merit: 1004

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 08:09:21 PM

Maybe what we all need is a good, organized pump and dump scheme on a coin.  Pick a coin, mine the hell out of it, create some BS stories to get the price up, and unload it.

Profit for all but the exchanges, and who cares about them?   Grin
claycoins

Activity: 518

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 12:30:13 AM

Maybe what we all need is a good, organized pump and dump scheme on a coin.  Pick a coin, mine the hell out of it, create some BS stories to get the price up, and unload it.

huh? The exchanges aren't buying the coins...other people are.

Conqueror
Legendary

Activity: 1354
Merit: 1020

I was diagnosed with brain parasite

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 04:14:15 AM

i can see why you'ld go the way of FTC, LTC isn't getting too much publicity lately, and the Gox debacle just continues (although we all saw that coming in fairness.

But FeatherCoin isn't being talked about at all, so not sure what that'll do with the value....

I dont have time for this.
Mine FTC, it is a good choice, difficulty is still low and development team is strong (http://forum.feathercoin.com/)
Dont listen to guy with DGC!scam picure as profile Smiley
ChrisJ

Activity: 146
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 04:16:30 AM

Mine FTC, it is a good choice, difficulty is still low and development team is strong (http://forum.feathercoin.com/)

+1

I want to make the world better than I found it
acejudas

Activity: 201

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 05:17:11 AM

I will forever mine ftc with at least 1/4th of my hashrate. I can totally see the value rising with btc in the coming months.
Nutnut

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2013, 07:54:26 AM

16+MH/s pointed at FTC since the very early days. Has served me well... So well in fact that i even started up a PPS pool for it. Wink

coldbreeze16

Activity: 186

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 08:06:32 AM

Multiminer or multipool.us serves a much better purpose. Plus I've been keeping an eye on coinchoose. This last week, LTC has been on the top of the list more often than FTC. Don't just go for lower diff. You also have to anticipate how far their exchange value will rise. And as the LTC saying goes 'the silver to bitcoin's gold'
Nutnut

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2013, 08:13:04 AM

Multipols and coinchoose etc are fine if you are looking to dump right away. If however you are speculating and waiting for growth then i think FTC is a much better bet. More chance that FTC will hit .0018 than LTC .04 - both of which are a 100% increase. Wink

svennand

Activity: 462

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 11:06:36 AM

been mining ftc for a long time now. never looked back to ltc.
you should have a look at the feathercoin community @ feathercoin.com

and as regards to no one talks about ftc? reaaally? have you been asleep the last 6months?
ChekaZ
Legendary

Activity: 1884
Merit: 1005

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 11:38:39 AM

Mining FTC straight for the last few months with 2MH. In my opinion Feathercoin is a longterm thing, ofc the price goes up and down, but it doesnt matter. If the support is behind, it will rise, slow but steady.

BTC: 1Ges1taJ69W7eEMbQLcmNGnUZenBkCnn45
FTC: 6sxjM96KMZ7t4AmDTUKDZdq82Nj931VQvY
aa

Activity: 544

Litecoin is right coin

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2013, 05:31:02 PM

You don't seem to understand how an exchange works.

Yes, they have a very strong and mentally challenged development scam team.

Does anyone here remember how many times FTC has been 51% attacked?

coldbreeze16

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 05:39:23 PM

Multipols and coinchoose etc are fine if you are looking to dump right away. If however you are speculating and waiting for growth then i think FTC is a much better bet. More chance that FTC will hit .0018 than LTC .04 - both of which are a 100% increase. Wink
Yo pump and dump! that's what I do! Look at the condition of WDC over at cryptsy right now, I partially caused that Cheesy Gotta love playing around with these stuff.
anixosees

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 06:14:27 PM

Yo pump and dump! that's what I do! Look at the condition of WDC over at cryptsy right now, I partially caused that Cheesy Gotta love playing around with these stuff.

How could you not... 90% of these coins are made just for that. I always keep about half of my hashing in FTC though to keep for the long term.
coldbreeze16

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 07:45:13 PM

How could you not... 90% of these coins are made just for that. I always keep about half of my hashing in FTC though to keep for the long term.

Yeah I love cryptos for their novel concept, not really making a lot of money (electricity an all). Besides these scam coins are a perfect testbed for learning how to trade on exchanges before I put real money into stocks  Grin plus this is phun
anixosees

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 08:39:39 PM

Yeah I love cryptos for their novel concept, not really making a lot of money (electricity an all). Besides these scam coins are a perfect testbed for learning how to trade on exchanges before I put real money into stocks  Grin plus this is phun

That's a good point. I mined Alphacoins for a while just because I could get hundreds really quickly and it was fun selling those for a while until it started tanking.
Nutnut

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2013, 07:18:44 AM

Does anyone here remember how many times FTC has been 51% attacked?

Well, we have ACP in place in now so 51% attacks are a thing of the past.  Tongue

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: