Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 09:58:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: IOTA a best investment to put $1000?  (Read 364 times)
GeorgiaCoin (OP)

Activity: 275
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 02:01:42 AM

I've 250 IOTA tokens bought in  November under $1 and for some reason never thought of buying more as there isn't much going on with it. Also there are some doubts on tangle technology as no projects has been built on its platform. At same time many still believe 2018 will be the biggest year for IOTA.

Started to thinking whether to buy more Iota with $1000 or invest the amount to increase positions  in to ITC and ICON. What do you guys suggest?
dumplingsandsushi

Activity: 476
Merit: 41

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2018, 02:23:43 AM
Merited by chocopapaya (1)

you'll probably get a wide range of advice, and it will be mostly personal opinion, so take everything with a grain of salt, including my own opinion.

I say, don't invest more.
As far as the iota you already have, might as well keep it.

IOTA is seriously a hot mess.
The fact is, it just doesn't work.
It is currently centrally controlled so it won't go completely kaput
IOTA techies will scream and yell at you saying, "You just don't understand the tech! It's still developing give it time!"
I'm not even joking, IOTA communities are toxic.  If you raise any kind of suspicion or doubt, they won't treat you kindly.

But even though I am not a techie, I can see that similar projects HAVE made development project this past year.
Hell, NANO has been around and working like a charm for years.
Even if IOTA eventually ends up working, I feel like it is just way too far behind.
Yeah, the tangle is unique (well, semi unique) but basically what people want is feeless, fast, infinitely scaling crypto.
There are other choices in this.

shandi albert

Activity: 308
Merit: 101

FXPay.io

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 02:30:10 AM
Last edit: February 24, 2018, 02:38:39 AM by shandi albert

IOTA is the hottest cryptocurrency now and conquered fourth place regarding market capitalization at coinmarketcap.com.

Maxre

Activity: 812
Merit: 120

https://combonetwork.io/

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 02:30:30 AM

I suggest you to buy UTK because the current price is about 0.2 $. you can get 5000 UTK with $ 1000 and UTK potentially grow again and they are doing a big promotion in april later.

beheddard

Activity: 58

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 02:33:47 AM

I would not say it is the best choice right now, but I keep up on all the news about it because I'm very interested in what they have in store with all of the partnerships they've been accruing. The technology could be a real game changer if they can work out the kinks and phase out the coordinator this year.
TradeCrypto

Activity: 237
Merit: 10

Presale is live!

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 02:34:46 AM

I suggest you to buy UTK because the current price is about 0.2 $. you can get 5000 UTK with $ 1000 and UTK potentially grow again and they are doing a big promotion in april later.
Yes utrust  is the best investment seems like future payment gateway solution . Still trading under its potential . Another one coin cardano ADA it is great project for long run.

ZaoXhou

Activity: 467
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 02:41:56 AM

I've 250 IOTA tokens bought in  November under $1 and for some reason never thought of buying more as there isn't much going on with it. Also there are some doubts on tangle technology as no projects has been built on its platform. At same time many still believe 2018 will be the biggest year for IOTA.

Started to thinking whether to buy more Iota with $1000 or invest the amount to increase positions  in to ITC and ICON. What do you guys suggest?

IOTA is overvalued in my opinion, I wouldn't invest more if I were you.
The recent malicious seed generator also didn't do much good for them.
mu_enrico
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2366
Merit: 2150

Slots Enthusiast & Expert

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2018, 02:45:52 AM

I've 250 IOTA tokens bought in  November under $1 and for some reason never thought of buying more as there isn't much going on with it. Also there are some doubts on tangle technology as no projects has been built on its platform. At same time many still believe 2018 will be the biggest year for IOTA.

Started to thinking whether to buy more Iota with $1000 or invest the amount to increase positions  in to ITC and ICON. What do you guys suggest?

For me, i will invest in bitcoin and ethereum only at this moment
Market for altcoin is really bad
If you like to gamble, better bet on new hot prospect coins

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
drachman

Activity: 756
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 03:10:02 AM

You do not say what are your expectations for your investment, if you are willing to hold for a long time then putting that money in IOTA could be a good idea, but 1000 dollars is not really a lot of money so if I were you I will look for new and promising coins and invest in one of them, yes it will be risky but with so little money it may be worth to try to hit a coin that moons than to play it safe and get small profits.
Newboybb

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 03:24:29 AM

The cryptocurrency market is a bear market recently,so I don't recommend that you invest more money, you should learn to wait, because I think the price of all tokens, still to fall, so wait for a lower price in considering the purchase.

h55

Activity: 210
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 03:28:50 AM

IOTA is good project but it's wallets has some problems and bug, so I can not invest on coin with low security. it may be hacked. so i will invest in some other safe coins
Thaoan

Activity: 32
Merit: 5

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 03:33:25 AM

UTK is the best token! but you can hold haft of all your IOTA and buy more with haft!
I buy IOTA at over $4 per coin! Now, i still hold it!
STIKS1911

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 03:37:31 AM

Iota is a good coin, but you should not invest everything in one coin. Buy a few more promising coins to reduce the risks. For example, ripple, ada, capp.

Prodigan786

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 04:13:13 AM

I am not sure about iota but I invested on eos as there recent ico buzzshow trying to implement using eos . I got curious researched about project then after invested immediately . Same happened with ADA.
Durison

Activity: 28

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 05:13:37 AM

I've done a good amount of research on IOTA.. there was an instance where some hackers stole a lot of coins, complaints of wallets not working, and the fact that it's in the top 20 coins means that you probably won't see an extensive amount of returns short term...possibly long term? This is all speculative of course. I always encourage people to do their own research.

A great resource that I found is:

Doug Polk - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsDk0VcuYmg

at minute 4:25 he shows an article where millions of dollars of IOTA were stolen, and how the wallet was having issues

Hope this helps!

kingvirtus09

Activity: 854
Merit: 108

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2018, 05:21:58 AM

I've done a good amount of research on IOTA.. there was an instance where some hackers stole a lot of coins, complaints of wallets not working, and the fact that it's in the top 20 coins means that you probably won't see an extensive amount of returns short term...possibly long term? This is all speculative of course. I always encourage people to do their own research.

A great resource that I found is:

Doug Polk - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsDk0VcuYmg

at minute 4:25 he shows an article where millions of dollars of IOTA were stolen, and how the wallet was having issues

Hope this helps!

It will be back soon as, remember we're in infancy period. I am very bullish on IOTA. We could see another rally for the next 2 months. Maybe their wallets has an issue though devs are trying to make it comfortable for everyone. let's wait for further announcement then if the wallets are back in action this coin will be huge and make it to top 5 again.

shainasaz

Activity: 372
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 06:02:40 AM

If I were you its enough to invest a little in IOTA although it was a promising project but its better to invest another alcoin like XRP and XLM these are also a good coin and your not only laying down in only one coin but still you have to decide if you have a lot of capital and you'll think its right to invest more in IOATA so go on for it IOTA is a good coin also and ranking no.#11 in coinmarketcap.

Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 06:27:24 AM

any new coin and a new technology like IOTA is a riskier investment but also can reward you greatly if it gains more popularity. i believe IOTA can do that actually but it seems to have a large supply and little adoption so it may prove hard to achieve.
i would personally keep any investment to a small amount depending on my funds.

Started to thinking whether to buy more Iota with $1000 or invest the amount to increase positions  in to ITC and ICON. What do you guys suggest?

$1000 depends on your financial situation, for example if it is your whole life savings then no it is not a good idea to invest it in IOTA. but if it is like your pocket money which you can afford to lose and also if you already have bitcoin then i would invest it in IOTA.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
Kallipso

Activity: 406
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 06:34:20 AM

And it seems to me better not to hurry with Iota, it just stagnated and I do not see a significant movement. Maybe in the future she will show herself yet, but there are no prerequisites.
followmenot

Activity: 533
Merit: 251

Streamity Decentralized cryptocurrency exchange

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 06:41:22 AM

It is great investment but I would also accept people saying keep it calm with iota as it really needed to cool down. Its pumps were so quick and great, its gonna lose too much in bear market, wait for better time!

▄▄  ▄▄                
            ██  ▀▀  ▀▀   ██           
        ██                   ██

██  ██  ▄▄            
     ██    ██           ▀▀  ▄▄        
                  ███       ▀▀        
   ██    ██   ███      ███     ██     
                          ███         
  ██   ██   ██    ███ ███    ▄▄   ██  
               ███           ▀▀       
  ██   ██  ███           ███  ██   ██ 
                     ███