Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 05:12:04 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is holding for 1 year considered short term or long term?  (Read 574 times)
nastaverba

Activity: 112
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 02:53:31 PM

Short term is 1 week max, mid is 1-3 months and long more than 3+ months  Grin
West0813

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 03:00:05 PM

Its long term. I think only few people can hold that long. Me personally i admit that i can't hold any coin for a long. I always sell my coins if it reach my desired price.

stobox
DIGITAL ASSETS ECOSYSTEM
───────  Website ⬝  WhitepaperTwitterFacebookTelegramLinkedin   ───────
grchina

Activity: 476
Merit: 278

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 03:34:31 PM

That all dependes in what stage project you invest in for example if you buy in durring the ico stage one year hodl doesnt really seems long because if that project is any good there is long road ahead since most of tech used in coins is new and requieres long period of testing before implantation,just look at btc still no lighting network
crestella

Activity: 252
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 04:45:09 PM

Does holding for 1 year be considered short or long term? I think it's included long term, because to hold for a year it's just a long time so I can say it's long-term, I myself only hold the coin for only one month.
Ms Emi

Activity: 109

Complete transparency on your charitable donations

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 04:56:24 PM

It's a long term invest my friend!
Short term refers to investing to businesses with as short  period of time, considered from days to few months only, while looking where to invest your money in a longer period of investment usually for a year or years...

G i f t c o i n  ♥  Small change. Big impact.
ICO: 20th March 2018 (https://www.giftcoin.org/)
Blackyed

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 05:12:54 PM

Generally one Year is mid term but it really depends on your targets. I.E. I consider one Year short term cause in finance long term is generally related to 5-10 years giving back 100x or more.
longyenthanh

Activity: 1221
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 05:15:56 PM

For me long terms it's the one that lasts for several months. But everybody define it differently. One year is 100% long term and can give you huge profit but it depends about coin

▄▄███▄    ▄███▄▄
     ▄▀▀    █    █    ▀▀▄
    ██    ▄▄▀    ▀▄▄    ██
    ▀▄▄▄█▀▀        ▀▀█▄▄▄▀
  ▄▄█▀█▄              ▄█▀█▄▄
▄█▀     ▀▀█▄     ▄▄█▀▀     ▀█▄
██          ▀█▄▄█▀          ██
▀█▄     ▄▄▄█▀▀  ▀▀▀▄▄▄     ▄█▀
  ▀█▄▄▄▀▀            ▀▀▄▄▄█▀
   █▀▀▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▀▀█
   ██  ▀▀▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▀  ██
    ▀▄     █      █     ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▀      ▀▄▄▄▀▀
cogwise
  ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
Hyper-charge your trading with intelligent insights   ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄███
███▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄███
███▀               ████
███▄              █████
████▄            ██████
█████▄▄        ▄███████
████▄       ▄██████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
█████  ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▀███████
█████  █████  ██▄▀█████
█████  █▀▀██▄▄▄▄  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████

█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

prabakharras

Activity: 546
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 05:17:17 PM

long term, normally most coins i hodl for 1 year make good hodl return like qtum https://www.coingecko.com/en/price_charts/qtum/usd

anjuara29

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 05:32:58 PM

According to me if you hold for 1 year then you will get success/huge profit i think. And yeas holding for 1 year considered log term as well. So it's true that, holding for 1 year considered such a log term
Dread Pirate Roberts

Activity: 1484
Merit: 326

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2018, 08:05:37 PM

Long term definetelly . shortterm means you hold and sell it imidiatelly when price was up or you want cut loss in market.and and and long term it was you hold it for very long time and keep holding your aset when it was goes up to down .

Im preffer to be active in market . ann thread of that coin you invest . so you can take advantage of market price "  or also the opposite you can aware with price of coin you invested.
KourtneyK

Activity: 294
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 08:29:49 PM

For me holding a certain coin for about a year would be considered as long term because that's like a long time for you to hold a certain coin. Short term to me is like day trading or the longest would probably be a week or so.And I very much prefer holding long term than short term by the way.
olumyd

Activity: 658
Merit: 117

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 10:59:28 PM

For me holding a certain coin for about a year would be considered as long term because that's like a long time for you to hold a certain coin. Short term to me is like day trading or the longest would probably be a week or so.And I very much prefer holding long term than short term by the way.

I can hodl BTC or Eth for a year or even more, as they have credible and stable 'volatility' so far proven by their years of existence. But for other coins, I would prefer to trade on the go.
rudolfaxl
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 11:04:35 PM

There are very strong projects that will bring maximum profit in 3-5 years. We must be steadfast and not tempted to sell them at a time when the price has risen very high. I think that such coins are Bitcoin, ETH, Monero, NEO, NEM. For other coins 1 year is a long time.
MacXA

Activity: 224
Merit: 101

Partner of Arsenal Football Club

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 11:13:41 PM

Some Coins from top 20 marketcap and some coins that is really good and perspective, I can hold for a long term.

SamboNZ

Activity: 1064
Merit: 253

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 06:00:11 AM

Holding it within a year is already a long term investment for me, but you must pay attention in the changes in the market if you really want a better profit because in a year a lot of changes happens, it will drastically fall or rise. Before investing long term be sure that you will have a target in mind on what would you want to gain because like what I've said  many things happen within a year. Just analyze the situations that will be happening to gain a lot of profit.
borulce

Activity: 60
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 07:36:12 AM

It probably sounds more like short term as I remember hearing many people buy ethereum back in day and held like 3 years or something. But I.. don't surely know. I never hold more than 2 months..
Jetpistul

Activity: 54

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 07:57:03 AM

Storage 1 year long enough but see coins that can be in the long journey. Because there is a coin up and down not up to a year sometimes several months have gone up and down again. If too long hold the fear down again. fix short-term but smooth deficiencies.

kickcity ● Connecting People Through Reward-Based Communities on Blockchain ● 1st (http://ico.kickcity.io)
cryptor47

Activity: 252
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 10:53:01 AM

Many many people say they are holding this, holding that for the "long term" but please tell me what exactly is your guys definition of "long term"?
For me, 1 year is considered long time. I began investing this January and I will hold one year and cash out everything January 2019. So by your definition, is this more short term or long term? Is 1 year enough time to see gains?  Huh

Long-term definitely. If you try to compare crypto to traditional markets it's opened 3 times longer, like 24/7 and that's also why it moves much faster.
SpringfieldM1A

Activity: 966
Merit: 550

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 11:33:48 AM

Long-term definitely. If you try to compare crypto to traditional markets it's opened 3 times longer, like 24/7 and that's also why it moves much faster.

Agreed. This market isn't Wall Street with only a working time of 8 hours a day. Transactions take place 24/7 and weekends as well. You might see a short term return in like 10-15 minutes in this market. One year is even more than lon-term. I would say, for crypto market, even 6 months can be considered long-term...
olumyd

Activity: 658
Merit: 117

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 05:09:50 AM

There are very strong projects that will bring maximum profit in 3-5 years. We must be steadfast and not tempted to sell them at a time when the price has risen very high. I think that such coins are Bitcoin, ETH, Monero, NEO, NEM. For other coins 1 year is a long time.

One can use shorting to trade during those all time highs. Sell at high and buy back once it dips. Cryptos never stay projected at an upward level. At some point they could come down. This would be opportunity to re-buy at lower prices increasing the stash of the coin and making profits alongside.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: