Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 11:25:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Experts: Investing in Bitcoin now?  (Read 540 times)
anavir

Activity: 350
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 01:52:45 AM

although i am not an expert but in my own observation and thinking invisting when their is price drop is appropriate.if you can see though their times that btc price increases but the dropping of prices last for sometimes 2days so buy when it is low then hold and wait for bitcoin to regain its price

TRADE, EARN & OWN THE EXCHANGE           M o o n X           [    ●    JOIN ICO   -   S O O N    ●    ]
──────────     WHITEPAPER     FACEBOOK     TWITTER     LINKEDIN     TELEGRAM     CRUNCHBASE     ──────────
►   No Trading or ICO Listing Fees      ►   Superior to Nasdaq & LSE       ►   US$ 29M Raised in 2 Weeks!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
lablab03

Activity: 1064
Merit: 112

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 02:27:10 AM

Would it be a smart move? i know no one "knows" but what do you think? I'm thinking long term, 5 years.

Appreciate all the advice.
i think hodling in 5 years is too much and for sure you will miss all the opportunity to sell when the value soar again 'cause we all knows  that every year end there's a chance of price to rocketed like what we experienced last year. So for me 5 years to hodl is not profitable pal. And besides 1 year is enough or Months depends of the price in the market . And if i were you i will make some technical analysis every year to don't miss the right time to sell. 
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2968
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 02:36:36 AM

Would it be a smart move? i know no one "knows" but what do you think? I'm thinking long term, 5 years.
Investing in bitcoin is a smart move if you'll buy at the dip and just like today, market is considerable on a mini correction and if you plan of long term holding specifically for 5 years, its a sure yes. I rarely see investors now that are saying things like this that they are planning to hold bitcoin for long term as most of the newbies now are rushing to have a quick buck and they are all in a hurry to see the best results.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 05:51:16 AM

Investing in bitcoin is a smart move if you'll buy at the dip and just like today, market is considerable on a mini correction and if you plan of long term holding specifically for 5 years, its a sure yes. I rarely see investors now that are saying things like this that they are planning to hold bitcoin for long term as most of the newbies now are rushing to have a quick buck and they are all in a hurry to see the best results.

Yeah if you're in for the long haul, with enough control to ride the corrections and "crashes", then i think it will be a smart move. Even if you miss the peak selling price, the value of btc may very well be higher than what it is today

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
       ..███████████████████████████████
timerland

Activity: 1526
Merit: 596

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 06:10:43 AM

It's up to you to make the decision. Don't let anyone try to convince you to do anything, unless you hear other opinions and their justifications.

But diversifying your portfolio to include any amount of bitcoin for the long term is a wise move in my opinion. And right now with the price barely afloat over $10k, I think it is a decent enough time to start buying for sure.

Just be prepared to hold for perhaps more than 5 years if you want to make a good profit on your investment that you make in bitcoin. The price movement long term is still going to be up but you never know when the next pump is coming. Be careful with falling into the trap of "i'll sell in 5 years no matter the price" or borrowing to make the investment.

Smiley
Ararbermas

Activity: 1988
Merit: 283

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 07:36:53 AM

I dont now if its a good decision to hold your bitcoin in 5 years,  'cause we have no idea what will happen in bitcoin after 5 years, due to some fuds nowadays and some scammer that keep promoting bitcoin in a bad way and also because of some banning reason in other country. so what if after 5 years bitcoin will fall dip and become a worthless crypto in the market? Lol so for me i think 1-2 years is a good idea to hold ' cause 5 years is too much and perhaps you will not earn more profits on it.  And also i suggest to observe the price always and read some news  even though you want a long term investment 'cuase there's a time after the volatility the price is rocketing to the top. Which is the all time high value.  .so you must monitor it if you want to obtain more profits.
bozo333

Activity: 742
Merit: 255

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 08:40:26 AM

Bitcoin is the amazing coin it will always good growing cryptocurrency so most of the investors are investing in Bitcoin but 5 years is too much you should try 2 years of Bitcoin investment then you can exchange your BTC to fiat currency. Because the future some new  interesting coins are arriving so that time we should invest in altcoins it will make huge profit.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
omonuyak

Activity: 882
Merit: 269

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 09:44:43 AM

Based on speculation, Bitcoin should be able to go as high as $500,000 before end of 2022. I think the future is highly very bright and now should be the best time to buy.  The price is extremely very low now compare to what is going to be in future and if you want to be among world millionaires in future the best thing to do is to buy now and hold for long term.
Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1014

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 09:54:13 AM

If you plan to hold for a few years as you said this may be a good time to buy some BTC.
However never go all in and do yourself a favour and really only invest money you absolutely don't need!!!
After your initial investment you can do dollar cost averaging. Just buy once a month for 50 bucks for instance and do this over several months or years.
And stay strong in times when price is not mooning!!
So don't panic sell! And store your coins by using a Trezor or a Ledger Nano S!
Good luck and hodl hard!  Wink
micheal wang

Activity: 212
Merit: 3

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 09:56:25 AM

It would be good if you intend for long-term investment, especially with 5 years time. If we look price bitcoin per year always rises significantly, and this will most likely occur in the next year. So I think it would be great if you are not tempted to sell bitcoin in a few month or a few years, just focus for the next 5 years I am sure you will get big profits, especially if you buying bitcoin with a lot amount.
Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1014

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 10:11:55 AM

It would be good if you intend for long-term investment, especially with 5 years time. If we look price bitcoin per year always rises significantly, and this will most likely occur in the next year. So I think it would be great if you are not tempted to sell bitcoin in a few month or a few years, just focus for the next 5 years I am sure you will get big profits, especially if you buying bitcoin with a lot amount.

This is true. Historically Bitcoin doubles in price every 8 months.
Furthermore 5 years form now it will be march 2023. So almost 2.5 half years after the next halving in june/july 2020.
If will do what it ever has done after a halving, OP should see some really nice ROI.
And 5 years is nothing. The time is passing by so fast.
amaydel

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

DOMINIUM - Decentralised property platform

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 10:33:16 AM

If you can take bitcoin's market price today, then why not invest now? Bitcoin is sluggish to climb up these days and it's still a good chance to invest now because the moment it will pump, you will probably miss to ride the opportunity that would supposedly give you real profit.

D O M I N I U M      │    PRE-ITO WHITELIST is OPEN   [ REGISTER NOW ]    │        WHITEPAPER 
Decentralised, regulated, property financing, property listing and property management platform
♦     ANN THREAD     FACEBOOK     TWITTER     TELEGRAM     YOUTUBE     MEDIUM     LINKEDIN     INSTAGRAM     ♦
speedy1987

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 10:39:42 AM

You will get more profit when you hold it for long term investment, There is no doubt on this. If you check the bitcoin price history and compare from start to till now, its just keep on going like sky roketting. So i personally suggest you to invest as soon as possible.
Kevin77
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 05:44:17 PM

I think that it would be a great move. The price is going to rise, so the sooner you will buy Bitcoins, the better it will be. Furthermore, if it's long term investment, you win.
It is a really great move. In fact, if I buy now, I would just go to sleep, wake up in few months’ time and come back to check my holdings. One sure way to always buy bitcoin is to target the dips and that is where the main gain is anyway. Every long term investor will always win and the OP can consider what the price was at this time last year and what we have as the dip now, probably that should ring some bell.

You should be happy if you are investing now as this is more like the best time anyone can ever think of investing anyway. It is always a smart move when you buy at dips, and you can consider how smart or lucky you are when you want to compare yourself to those who buy at the top and end up selling at the bottom. One way to always stay ahead of your game is never to fall for FOMOs, and now that you have found yourself in this position of buying at the bottom, then count yourself very lucky.
detector

Activity: 484
Merit: 124

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 05:49:34 PM

If you can see bitcoin from time to time, it's show a good progress so I keep invest bitcoin every month !

Bitcoin is on stable value so it's time for who still confuse, you may start invest now as I believe it will reach another record on this year !
player514
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1039

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 05:52:52 PM

We're at a stable spot right now, so I think it's really your call. There's a chance that we might shoot downwards and then correct right after that, but there's also a chance that we'll shoot upwards and correct at some point in the future.

If it's the first situation, then you're much better off just waiting out a drop and then buying when bitcoin is in the red. That would basically guarantee you profits because we know that bitcoin, especially as of now, has a stable price of 10,500-11,000. If it's the latter, then I guess it would make sense to buy now, but you also run the risk of it going downwards, so I would suggest just waiting out to see what the market does after this stability period.

This area is up for grabs! PM me if you're interested.
The_Dark_Knight

Activity: 840
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 02:16:44 AM

Since you are thinking on buying bitcoin and holding for 5 years then buying bitcoin could be the best decision of your life, I have not held that long and my profits are still amazing I'm sure my profits will be way bigger if I hold for that long and the same will happen to you so if you are convinced about bitcoin there is not a reason to not invest now.
rizkyhiw
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 03:26:46 AM

Well, this is a great opportunity to invest bitcoin because the price is always increasing from year to year. Different if you invest in gold, the price is always stable from year to year.
Many experts say bktcoin will grow big in the future, if you believe it you just need to do it.
Fuhre

Activity: 644
Merit: 107

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 06:19:48 AM

I think it's good to invest bitcoin now, because the price is still quite normal (not expensive and not cheap).
this will be a great opportunity in the future, chances are we will get huge profits.
IMO the price will continue to increase if it successfully broke the price at the rate of $ 15k.
fullhdpixel

Activity: 2800
Merit: 608

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 10:23:54 AM

The price right now are quiet low so I think investing on it right now is a good entry point and since we are talking about the long term, the price right now will not matter. Hold it for good and for sure you will enjoy a bigger profit later on, though we will see a lot of pumps and dumps but don't think about focus on your goal and you will succeed.
Any market that shows a huge level of oversold and even at this present value means one thing and that is the fact that this is a good price.

Sure, not a lot of people would know how to know when a market is oversold, but from the look of things, this is a market that has been tapped down for a while and having it at this value from where the ATH dropped from, then no one would need a soothsayer to know this is a good value.

███████████████▄▄
    ██████████████████████▄
  ██████████████████████████▄
 ███████   ▀████████▀   ████▄
██████████    █▀  ▀    ██████▄
███████████▄▄▀  ██  ▀▄▄████████
███████████          █████████
███████████▀▀▄  ██  ▄▀▀████████
██████████▀   ▀▄  ▄▀   ▀██████▀
 ███████  ▄██▄████▄█▄  █████▀
  ██████████████████████████▀
    ██████████████████████▀