Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 10:40:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it possible for someone to manipulate the virtual currency market?  (Read 1760 times)
zoeylee
Copper Member

Activity: 238
Merit: 1

Semi-Decentralized Exchange

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 08:34:04 AM

If an entity is large and powerful enough, is it possible for it to gain a monopoly advantage and manipulate the rises and falls of the virtual currency market?
Yeah it's very possible as we had seen a big amount of dumps coming from a single wallet. Those whales can manipulate the market condition and create panic to small investors.

▐|   EOS Exchange   |▌          The Exchange for the EOS Community!          ▐|   EOSex   |▌
                    ICO: 15th October to 20th November  |  Free EXP Tokens: Join Bounty!                    
Whitepaper               ANN Thread               Telegram               Twitter               Mobile

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
yesuidanggan

Activity: 192
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 09:30:30 AM

Gold is anonymous, but the gold exchange is not anonymous.

But in the early days of the market, market manipulation was inevitable. BTC can't avoid being manipulated!

Because the economic volume of BTC is not large enough, a large amount of capital transaction can affect the price of BTC!

Pujangga

Activity: 1078
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 09:40:28 AM

If the marketcap and the coin are still small it is certainly very easy for anyone to manipulate the price, but if marketcap is very big like ETH or bitcoin it will be difficult for anyone to manipulation the price.
hygroscopicgymnasiumd

Activity: 66
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 09:46:07 PM

I was going to write the thread In a few days. So I want the answer too.
Rollkal

Activity: 210

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 06:08:00 AM

The virtual currency market rises thanks to whale manipulation. They buy all the copper they want to manipulate, causing the demand to increase and then the price increases. After the prices soar, they started to market.
Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2018, 03:37:33 PM

Yes, technically organisation or the group should have a high amount of money to manipulate the market capital but the practically little amount (10% to 40% of the market capital) is enough to create chaos in the market. Crypto market is not mature enough to deal with small price fluctuations and hence most of us get ourselves under the panic situation resulting in a panic decision making that supports the original price fluctuation and hence the little amount is enough to manipulate the market in that way.
Seunbabatunde

Activity: 140

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 03:58:04 PM

There is no way to manipulate virtual currency because its digital currency.
TheAndy500

Activity: 1232
Merit: 266

> CAMPAIGN MANAGER < https://t.me/TheAndy500

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 10:55:33 AM

If an entity is large and powerful enough, is it possible for it to gain a monopoly advantage and manipulate the rises and falls of the virtual currency market?

I think it possible. if that someone has a lot of money to use to manipulate virtual currency market once they sold or bought a huge stock of virtual currency its market will surely change and people will follow with the change. but, it needs big money to do it.
Yes it is possible but i think that it is now becoming difficult, because the use of crytpo currencies is increasing which is also increase the price of crypto currencies, i think that in future  it will even become impossible that even big whales will not be able to use to manipulate any single crypto currency.
That is true and in future it will be even impossible to just manipulate the price of it thanks to growing number of users which won't sell their coins with panic and prices will stay more stable for me.

wtbhitlv

Activity: 178

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 11:05:42 AM

Of course, it can be done. We know that the volatility of the encryption market is too volatile and often tumbling. I think there are many times that have been deliberately manipulated, and some whale deliberately made FUD to make people panic selling.
meatballsset

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 08:34:18 PM

Yes, having a large amount of Bitcoin can manipulate the virtual currency market. Not only that when you manipulate the market we can buy virtual currency in a lower price.
Vatimins

Activity: 987
Merit: 289

Blue0x.com

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 09:30:47 PM

While I do not think that a person is rich enough or has enough assets to control the price when it comes to bitcoins, I think that it is still possible if a group of elite people agreed on doing such a scheme. Specially on coins that have such a small market capitalization and volume. Besides, we all know that almost everything is possible when you have a lot of money, what difference does it make in this industry?

░░           ▒░     
      ░▒▓▓░           ░▒▒░░░ 
   ▒▓▓██▒░              ▒▓▒▒▒▒
 ▓█▓▓█▒                 ▒▒░░▒▓
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░              ░▒▒▒░░ ▒
 ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒▓
  ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▓▓▓█▒
   ░▒▓▓███▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒░
       ░▒█▓▓█████▓▓▓▓▓▓█▒▒░  
        ░██████▓▒▓▓▓▓▓▓█▒    
         ███▓▓▓░░▒▓▓▓▒▓▓▒    
         ░██▓▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▒░░   
           ▓██▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▒░░    
             ▒▒▒▒▓▓▒░
|
|

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
brotherwood12

Activity: 686
Merit: 30

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 09:50:21 PM

on theory , its possible
but on the real , its hard especially for coin like btc , eth etc  because need huge money to mainpulate that
but its less for new coin , the dev can dominate the priice but if they do it maybe that coin will not get instersted from another ppl
Piesel

Activity: 672
Merit: 273

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 10:30:05 PM

Yes of course that this guy can easily control the market without any problem. Moreover, he can do what he wants in this market can create tons of pump and dump things. However, right now, there is no one having enough entity to control the market. I hope that this will never happen
patz22

Activity: 1176
Merit: 104

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 12:45:12 AM

Absolutely! I've seen a lot of this in every exchange. There are instances that if they want to pump/dump it they will buy/sell(in small increments) on a price that they want however it is risky and also a person or a group needs a lot of capital to do this.
Coin-1
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 2174

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 01:39:57 AM

I think it possible. if that someone has a lot of money to use to manipulate virtual currency market once they sold or bought a huge stock of virtual currency its market will surely change and people will follow with the change. but, it needs big money to do it.
Yes it is possible but i think that it is now becoming difficult, because the use of crytpo currencies is increasing which is also increase the price of crypto currencies, i think that in future  it will even become impossible that even big whales will not be able to use to manipulate any single crypto currency.

Indeed. I noticed that the "whales" don't pump or dump only one crypto currency. They always sell all of the different coins they bought, lest other traders trying to keep their money will jump to another crypto currency. If the global capitalization of the crypto exchange markets will be enough large, it will be more difficult to manipulate the prices of the coins, but I guess the "whales" can do much anyway.
squog

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

ANONYMOUS MOBILE PAYMENTS

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 02:21:17 AM

Have you heard of whales? They're basically controlling the market as it is. If there is a huge supply of coin floating around the market, then they will buy it to boost the price. Then sell it to drop it. That is why we small investors should hold on to our coins. When the market dips, we should buy more so the whales would have less power to control it.

speedy963

Activity: 631
Merit: 253

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 03:41:37 AM

Indeed. I noticed that the "whales" don't pump or dump only one crypto currency. They always sell all of the different coins they bought, lest other traders trying to keep their money will jump to another crypto currency. If the global capitalization of the crypto exchange markets will be enough large, it will be more difficult to manipulate the prices of the coins, but I guess the "whales" can do much anyway.
Since then we can already observe that they can do as much as they want because they have tons of money and lots of holdings to play with. While some people keep on complaining about the prices while they are playing, some also just ride the flow and just surfing all over the spectacular prices, although its a bit scary but if you don't have guts to risk, you will remain from where you are and the worst is that you will just regret.
rocketbits

Activity: 532
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 10:22:50 AM

Yes, having a large amount of Bitcoin can manipulate the virtual currency market. Not only that when you manipulate the market we can buy virtual currency in a lower price.
That is what whales are doing right away. They are doing this for so long time and believe me they have such huge power after god over this bitcoins and crypto market that they can maniple the results as per their own will. They have got such huge packages of coins that if they want to make market down, they are just away to give one simple sell and then panic selling takes the way along.
EnricoGomez

Activity: 238

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 02:29:33 PM

It is totally possible.
Though only if that person or group of people hold a huge percentage of total cryptocurrency amount, they can totally manipulate the market to their own liking. But yes, there will be still ups on the market to which you can preferably sell your coins at - I do not see why them bigger holders would not want high price casuall, too.
musdafakfl

Activity: 223

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 02:34:42 PM

Of course it is possible that the main reason for this is that there is no center and method in this market. Although it is an act that is regarded as a crime in the society, we can face this situation in many places today. We can easily manipulate certain selected options with a high budget, which is now known as a fairly easy process.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: