Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 03:24:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Lurker finally saying hello!  (Read 599 times)
johnnyc (OP)

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 11:56:10 PM

Hello all!
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
UMP-45

Activity: 56

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 11:58:28 PM

Hello, hello.
johnnyc (OP)

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 12:04:18 AM

Hey, UMP-45.  Been mining on and off for just under a year.  Seems diff will be jumping through the roof in the next couple of months.  Nuts!  If only I could get hardware orders in-hand.  Perpetual waiting game..
roflmao129

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 12:18:19 AM

Hey, hey!

elaramus

Activity: 219

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 12:22:19 AM

Hey, UMP-45.  Been mining on and off for just under a year.  Seems diff will be jumping through the roof in the next couple of months.  Nuts!  If only I could get hardware orders in-hand.  Perpetual waiting game..

Welcome!! I've been lurking for about the same amount of time. I find the current developments very interesting. The numbers are depressing. With a 30% difficulty rise approximately every 10 days, it's going to be very difficult to make serious profit.

Been contemplating much lately... With the astronomical rise in difficulty coupled with serious investment costs in hardware, will the price of BTC skyrocket against fiat currencies?

How long will the trend of increasing difficulty increase before the average person gives up?

What does this mean for P2Pool?

Is the Monarch actually going to ship (man I'd love to have one)?

Which company will be next to get their ASICS on the street? Who's going to be the first with a 28nm process?

So many things to wonder about... I wouldn't consider myself a small fish. I'm ranked #340 on BTCguild hash rate wise (about 113 GH/s)

I'm mainly posting because I want to PM SilentSonicBoom to setup a hardware buy.... Didn't realize you didn't get access to post or PM until you've had a number of valid posts.
johnnyc (OP)

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 12:49:55 AM

Welcome!! I've been lurking for about the same amount of time. I find the current developments very interesting. The numbers are depressing. With a 30% difficulty rise approximately every 10 days, it's going to be very difficult to make serious profit.

Been contemplating much lately... With the astronomical rise in difficulty coupled with serious investment costs in hardware, will the price of BTC skyrocket against fiat currencies?

How long will the trend of increasing difficulty increase before the average person gives up?

What does this mean for P2Pool?

Which company will be next to get their ASICS on the street? Who's going to be the first with a 28nm process?

So many things to wonder about... I wouldn't consider myself a small fish. I'm ranked #340 on BTCguild hash rate wise (about 113 GH/s)

I'm mainly posting because I want to PM SilentSonicBoom to setup a hardware buy.... Didn't realize you didn't get access to post or PM until you've had a number of valid posts.

Me too.  I'm small time.  Had a quad GPU setup then moved to Block Erupters.  Only sitting at about 12GH/s now myself, but waiting on both BFL and BF gear orders.  We'll see which comes in first.  My bet is the BF Oct order.

I too would love to move to a Monarch but I'm concerned with the actual delivery timeframes and the diff/cost differentials.  I'm better off taking delivery sooner.

Good luck with the hardware buy!

monbux
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1024

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2013, 12:59:18 AM

Welcome to bitcointalk! Smiley
nahtnam
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

nahtnam.com

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2013, 05:45:54 AM

Welcome! Watch out for scammers!

MAbtc

Activity: 826
Merit: 508

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 09:02:53 AM

Welcome to the forums.  Cheesy
fiddelingones

Activity: 127

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 11:14:54 AM

Probably later next year, but why preorder when by the time they ship much better units (Hash/USD) will be available Wink

xypos

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 02:32:04 PM

Hello, welcome johnyny
trevor91

Activity: 736
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 02:57:52 PM

Hello everyone!