Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 06:30:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I Wish Banks Would Curl Up and Die  (Read 2247 times)
julian_datminer

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2013, 08:43:50 AM

Man if Ron Paul had been elected we would probably have had the choice to pay our taxes with bitcoins.
What a shame.
http://uboachan.net/mado/src/1336764171683.jpg

+10 dude ^^

the only thing banks are doing is screwing the people...i wish theyre lives will be miserable someday..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
armodilloben

Activity: 95
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2013, 10:37:30 AM

I wish... Banks could give more interest
I wish... Banks could give me more credits
I wish... Banks Would Curl Up and Die

desired_username

Activity: 879
Merit: 1013

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 11:42:10 AM

On the interest part I find it funny that I earn 0.02% on a "savings account", on the other hand the bank lends out my money and charges 30%+ on it.

Credit? I think we can all agree that mortgages and credit are only work for rich people Wink

Bitcoinpro
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 11:55:58 AM

Just read a post in "Newbies" where a Danish person was rejected by BitStamp for unacceptable documents to verify opening an account.

A friend of mine today told me he could not transfer funds from his Australian bank account to his Thai bank account without completing reams of paperwork, which will take weeks.

I have been waiting nearly six weeks to get funds transferred from Turkey to Thailand, both accounts in my name.

I could go on with a few more examples.

All this cr@p is due to money laundering laws, AML.

The sooner banks, US government and their allies crash and burn the better off we will be.

I wish I had crystal balls to see the future with BITCOIN ruling the world and everybody can live peacefully without the fear of bombs being dropped on you because you disagree with other dominant governments.

It is always the good people, the majority, that are penalised because of the bad minority.

Patience fear not, let them fear us.

WWW.FACEBOOK.COM

CRYPTOCURRENCY CENTRAL BANK

LTC: LP7bcFENVL9vdmUVea1M6FMyjSmUfsMVYf
600watt
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 2106

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 09:14:51 PM

On the interest part I find it funny that I earn 0.02% on a "savings account", on the other hand the bank lends out my money and charges 30%+ on it.

Credit? I think we can all agree that mortgages and credit are only work for rich people Wink

in europe private banks get money from the ecb (central bank) for less than 1% interest. when entire economies/countries/societies like the greek or the portugiese want money the have to beg those private banks and those private banks give it to those countries for 8 or 10%. the ecb will not lend money to countries, only to private banks.
but they say it is a "national debt crisis"
tmbp

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 09:45:38 PM

Anti-laundering laws are in themselves illogical and the term is essentially a dysphemism, laundering being any funds not reported to the government and/or acquired by illegal means (illegal usually involving the denial of your rights to your body and consumption of any substances you see fit by, yours truly, the babysitting government that will prescribe amphetamines to your 8 year old child)

Terrorism is also a myth, it simply does not exist, and even if it does it certainly isn't popular on such a sheer scale to encourage such global measures, the ultimate aim of "anti-terrorism" is to prepare for handling problematic citizens with inhumane ruthlessness or to gain other financial advantages by means of brutes.

Every time I hear an American speak up against terrorism it's like hearing a Nazi SS commander speaking against the imaginary leftist communist jews trying to take up the world...
westkybitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1004

Firstbits: Compromised. Thanks, Android!

View Profile
September 26, 2013, 08:52:45 PM

i love these stories.

people insulting the banks, but the crucial thing these story tellers keep forgetting...

if they truly didnt need banks and truly felt banks disapearing would be great..................... why do these story tellers even have bank accounts in the first place to complain about.

the moral of the story is that until you are not reliant on a bank and open up your mind to other methods.. banks will survive.

Not all of us are in that group.

Continual dissatisfaction caused me to move my accounts to smaller and smaller banks over the course of several years, until finally I walked away entirely and never looked back; I've been bank-free for at least 5 years now. Ironically, with the various laws and controls around banking that have cropped up, I doubt I could get another bank account now if I wanted to. Fortunately, I don't want to.

So yes, living without a bank account--provided a few crucial services, like a mortgage in your own name, aren't needed--is possible. If you work off the books, or have a small business with an alternate money management setup, or get a paycheck from a company with an account at a local bank, it doesn't even have to be difficult.

Is it more costly? Yes and no. I don't have easy access to some of the money-saving features I used to (direct deposit, complimentary debit card, a "safe place" for my money, etc.) but at the same time I don't pay a lot of the costs I used to either (various bank fees, errors and bad bank policies that cost me money; loss of privacy; having accounts frozen or not having access to funds/services as needed, etc.) Plus, the experience paved the way for me to be pretty open to the idea of being my own bank with bitcoin.

I guess the question is, do we really want financial freedom or not?

My take on this is that the war on cash in many 1st world countries is having a particularly detrimental effect on the poor and lower middle class. A very simple example is payroll. 50 years ago many employers would pay their employees in cash. The cost of handling the cash was the responsibility of the employer. Today many of the same employers will pay by cheque or even worse a prepaid debit card. The cost of handling cash is now passed on to the employee either in the form of a fee to cash the cheque at a cheque cashing store or fees on the debit card.

Yup. I've witnessed this before myself (I *think* it might still go on in some businesses in the U.S.) If businesses can pay you in cash perfectly legally, even if they simply stamp and cash out your paycheck themselves at the office, why don't they? Because they don't have to, because it saves them money (at your expense,) and because the entire system is encouraging it... and now everyone else is adopting the "anti-cash" perspective too. Telling your employees they have to get paid via a prepaid debit card is pretty much financial coercion; I've seen the fees and restrictions, and they're deplorable.

Every time I hear an American speak up against terrorism it's like hearing a Nazi SS commander speaking against the imaginary leftist communist jews trying to take up the world...

Take it from an American, to many of us it sounds that way too. And their obliviousness to how they sound is the most frustrating part.

Bitcoin is the ultimate freedom test. It tells you who is giving lip service and who genuinely believes in it.
In the future, books that summarize the history of money will have a line that says, “and then came bitcoin.” It is the economic singularity. And we are living in it now. - Ryan Dickherber
ATTENTION BFL MINING NEWBS: Just got your Jalapenos in? Wondering how to get the most value for the least hassle? Give BitMinter a try! It's a smaller pool with a fair & low-fee payment method, lots of statistical feedback, and it's easier than EasyMiner! (Yes, we want your hashing power, but seriously, it IS the easiest pool to use! Sign up in seconds to try it!)
The idea that deflation causes hoarding (to any problematic degree) is a lie used to justify theft of value from your savings.
sublime5447
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 26, 2013, 09:03:25 PM

"Take it from an American, to many of us it sounds that way too. And their obliviousness to how they sound is the most frustrating part."

+1
countryfree
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1047

Your country may be your worst enemy

View Profile
September 26, 2013, 09:48:48 PM

My earlier posts can show I'm no friend of the banking sector, but I shall remind a few here that banks can help sometimes. I've used a bank and I shall be forever grateful to that bank when I got a loan which enabled me to buy my home.

I'm all in favor of BTC but we may all need credit sometimes. Only banks have been able to provide it so far.

I used to be a citizen and a taxpayer. Those days are long gone.
arklan
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1008

View Profile
September 26, 2013, 09:49:04 PM

"Take it from an American, to many of us it sounds that way too. And their obliviousness to how they sound is the most frustrating part."

+1

+1 again... People regularly disgust me.

i don't post much, but this space for rent.
westkybitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1004

Firstbits: Compromised. Thanks, Android!

View Profile
September 26, 2013, 10:27:29 PM

My earlier posts can show I'm no friend of the banking sector, but I shall remind a few here that banks can help sometimes. I've used a bank and I shall be forever grateful to that bank when I got a loan which enabled me to buy my home.

I'm all in favor of BTC but we may all need credit sometimes. Only banks have been able to provide it so far.

That may be true, but when it comes to the banking industry I think it's pretty difficult to be too harsh on it.

Not only does the modern monetary system (implemented by, controlled by, and profiting the banking industry) rob us all of wealth regularly, requiring society to take out more loans in the first place, but the restrictions on who can and cannot legally loan, and at what rate, as determined by the banks themselves (aka: regulatory capture) reduces competition. Without modern banking, you likely would have been able to get the loan anyway, but at a lower rate!

And beyond that, it's not like bitcoin will ever eliminate all banking... hopefully it'll just shut down the modern-day, restrictive, oppressive kind.

Bitcoin is the ultimate freedom test. It tells you who is giving lip service and who genuinely believes in it.
In the future, books that summarize the history of money will have a line that says, “and then came bitcoin.” It is the economic singularity. And we are living in it now. - Ryan Dickherber
ATTENTION BFL MINING NEWBS: Just got your Jalapenos in? Wondering how to get the most value for the least hassle? Give BitMinter a try! It's a smaller pool with a fair & low-fee payment method, lots of statistical feedback, and it's easier than EasyMiner! (Yes, we want your hashing power, but seriously, it IS the easiest pool to use! Sign up in seconds to try it!)
The idea that deflation causes hoarding (to any problematic degree) is a lie used to justify theft of value from your savings.
crazy_rabbit
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001

RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME

View Profile
September 26, 2013, 11:03:02 PM

>>>The sooner banks, US government and their allies crash and burn the better off we will be.

whoa, whoa, whoa, I haven't even enrolled in my local prepper group yet. :-)

more or less retired.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: