Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 04:04:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to know if airdrop is legit  (Read 499 times)
jdeanne92

Activity: 392
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 01:19:52 PM

Do research about the project. Some airdrop nowadays are fake. Be sure to avoid those fake ones. They are just collecting informations and some are just asking for donation.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
aencarnaci

Activity: 448
Merit: 281

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 11:34:31 AM

actually we cant say this airdrop is legit or not until it received to our wallet. but please do not give your private key to the form. if they asking the private key of the wallet definitely it will be scam one.
Honestly it is hard to know if the airdrop is legit and helpful, as I can see there are many airdrop in this forum and most of them are fake or a scam.
Yes be careful on what the information you give because maybe you can be hacked.
This is one of the most authentic method of distinguishing between legit airdrop and the airdrop which is not legit. Those who ask you for making certain payments, they are juts scammers and are there to take away your hard earned money by showing you huge profits and giving false hopes.

I don’t think so much people are joining airdrops now for making profit in the world of crypto currencies. Everyone is after signature campaigns.
amitkumratra

Activity: 672
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 03:02:52 PM

It is very difficult to know that Airdrop is legit or not.
I think Legit airdrops have always proper site, whitepaper, bounty program and genuine team and if you found it is good then fill out the airdrop form.
And If Airdrop don't have such things and if they want some ether for the gas value to transfer coins into your account, then may be it was scam.
So be careful every time, when you fill out the form.
Fundamentals Of

Activity: 2310
Merit: 366

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 03:11:12 PM

How to know if the airdrop you joined is LEGit or not?

Look at the background of the project. Do not just immediately jump into it because it is giving away free coins or tokens. That is not important. What is important is that your coin or token has worth. So instead of using your entire time looking for an airdrop all the time, focus on reading the project's whitepaper or their website. You have to know whether the project is composed of a credible and experienced team, whether they already have existing partners, whether they have the capacity to launch a crypto project. If they pass all these, then join. 
neolite

Activity: 206
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 03:26:09 PM

You can'y know if a airdrop is 100% legit.We can only look for more information about airdrop:website,facebook,reddit,telegram,discord and for sure whitepaper and roadmap.

owlman

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 03:34:13 PM

Now it's really hard to understand whether it's worth taking part in this or that airdrop and understanding which one will pay free coins. In any case, we take no risks, except for our personal information.

AGATE  ▄▄▄▄▄▄ Facebook Telegram Twitter Medium   ▄▄▄▄▄▄   AGATE
█ █ █ █ █ █ █ █    PayPal of Cryptocurrencies     █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █
████  Blockchain Protocol + 12 Working Modules - Use Crypto as Cash  ████
Felimon

Activity: 238

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 03:40:09 PM

How to know if the airdrop you joined is LEGit or not?
Follow the official fanpage, channel to get news about airdrop, giveaway. Many fake airdrops are made each day and you need to recheck before joining.
Eddyc

Activity: 1013
Merit: 391

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 03:43:41 PM

Personally, i usually observe the means of distribution, read all the information media of Airdrop, i look for references in social media, (Twitter), and finally the main one of all that is hardly scam, is to look at the upper left corner of the (Airdrop) website and if owning a green padlock generates more confidence.( It means the site is paid for and licensed properly).
jemarleon

Activity: 420
Merit: 13

Silence

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 03:49:22 PM

Heres my list of a good bounty:
-high rank bounty manager
-good and quality bounty post
-regular distribution of the stakes
-easy access to bounty manager
-many participants
These are my list of a good bounty for me, you can notice some of the bounties dont have many reply but they have many views.
But of course this is only for me, there are many experienced bounty hunter than me.
rbt

Activity: 266
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 04:16:33 PM

It`s quite difficult to find out if a crypto project is legit or not - it`s more important in case of ICO because you pay for the tokens and less important in case of airdrop since you`re supposed to receive some tokens for free. So, FREE is the keyword here, never pay for an airdrop and never donate for a project which promise an airdrop. You`ll be safe as long as you don`t download and install some unknown wallet and don`t visit phising websites clicking on spam emails you receive (because you`ll definitely receive plenty after you register for some airdrops). Also, if you have time, you can check the team behind the project (stay away if their Linkedin profiles are newly created), read about what people say about the project (be careful, it is probably a scam if it has 100% good feedback), see if the token has a real use cases and indeed need a blockchain.
meldrio1

Activity: 1358

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 04:29:45 PM

For me, to know legit airdrop is the high rank member who posted airdrop, their ICO still running and has a promising project for the future. If you see a newbie posted only airdrop without their projects that's 90% scam and the 10% are legit but they give you a cents worth of token. 

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: