Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 03:33:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Where do you keep your private keys?? I need good ideas!!  (Read 825 times)
stayeduptolate

Activity: 980
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 12:21:00 PM
Last edit: April 29, 2018, 04:24:28 PM by stayeduptolate

Hello guys!

I wanna hear your opinions about that.
Where do you keep your private keys? In a safe? In your pocket? In your mind??

My private keys are just in the drawer as if they were worth nothing lol

I was thinking about buying a safe, but I think that big, so hard to hide, and just to store one piece of paper?

Give me ideas please =D
I use to keep all my personal stuff including all my keys and passwords in one hard drive and i always use to keep this with me and I suggest u too, to store all your personal stuff in some kind of portable device which is easy to hide and easy to carry even or the best way is that buy one OTG so that you can carry with u always and moreover you can use it anywhere anyplace by just connecting to your mobile phone, you even don’t need any other thing and I guess this is the perfect way to keep your personal keys very secure and confidential.
feny.blackpink

Activity: 196
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 02:28:42 PM

Hello guys!

you are extra ordinary if you store your private key in your mind  Roll Eyes
just store it on a file somewhere in the safe place. no one can access it except you.
neerajmittaljii

Activity: 56

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 02:32:48 PM

Keeping your private key in secured and safe place is necessary.However, don't be too scared in your storage that someone may steal it.If you will just keep your private key in your phone with password then it is safe.
freshm4ker

Activity: 726
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 10:05:59 PM

To save your private key anywhere as long as offline is the best way through wallet papers. You can keep it in a safe place, should only be known by yourself. The printed key informs you via QR code that can be scanned at any time for your future transactions. Cool
whoisyourking

Activity: 420
Merit: 106

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 10:11:33 PM

Hello guys!

I was thinking about buying a safe, but I think that big, so hard to hide, and just to store one piece of paper?

Give me ideas please =D
i already give my private key to my son because of something happen to me i am sure that my funds will no waste and my son will use it and i also planing to pu a tattoo, a qr code of my private key to my dog lol.
Omega Weapon

Activity: 1092
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 10:59:29 PM

I guess it would be best to store private keys in your mind, like mentioned, but thats nearly impossibel,at least to me so just write it down - on paper not digital- if you think you need to buy a safe (in case of fire or robbing) to safe your money, then buy one! If it is worth the value, otherwise store a backup at a persons you really trust.
Or rent a safe at a bank..
Storing your private key or your seed words in a safe at a bank it is the same as having your money in the bank, maybe they do not have control of the money directly but technically the only way that you can access that money is through the bank because it's there, also in many countries it is legal for governments to check the contents that people store in a safe of a bank without any kind of court order, so someone could steal your bitcoin and cryptocurrencies very easily if you do that.
Ishiro5
Copper Member

Activity: 224
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2018, 11:00:48 PM

I personally believe private keys are best kept on papers (in printed) and backed up on a flash drive that never connects to the internet.
rodel caling

Activity: 952
Merit: 104

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 11:06:39 PM

Hello guys!

Give me ideas please =D

Keeping of private keys is very i portant specially to holders have huge amount investment they have in the different kind of wallet with have different kind of coins.

Losing of private have possible to loses of all investment and asset because of irresponsibility, and if asking me i have copy in my computer and i have copy in the notebook and i have trusted person know when to get my privatekeys incase in emergency.
Kidmat

Activity: 774
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 11:17:39 PM

To save your private key anywhere as long as offline is the best way through wallet papers. You can keep it in a safe place, should only be known by yourself. The printed key informs you via QR code that can be scanned at any time for your future transactions. Cool
Saving our private keys is very important that it should be secured. We have offline and I save it in a nano ledger wallet m. With this I can say it is secured just save the phrase.
Addywealth

Activity: 294
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 11:20:31 PM

Private is a sensitive number that must be kept jealously, it can make you loose all in your investment if you forget where you kept it or yo expose it to an unknown individual or un-trusted friend. its safe to keep your private key to yourself by memorizing it if its possible or save it somewhere in your room
AlexAtom

Activity: 560
Merit: 10

YOUC - www.youengine.io

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 03:43:37 AM

Hello guys!

Give me ideas please =D

lol, i know why you stored your private key on the drawer. is it because your wallet is empty ? Grin
if you have 10++ BTC in your wallet, would you do the same ? if i have large amount if bitcoin, i would stored it in the safe box !

●   John McAfee Supports   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  Advertising Platform  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ 
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  YOUC  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
Donnie_28

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 02:15:37 PM

I kept my private keys in a safe way like doing backup, for instance, if I forgot where I put on it.I also a back up on my phones note enabled 2fa authenticator together with backup in the cloud and Samsung accounts.

tegarp90

Activity: 546

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 02:27:39 PM

Hello guys!

Give me ideas please =D

The safest place to save your private keys is in your own mind ofcourse, but it also has risk to forgot since the words and number combinations is hard to remember.
But you can also write it down in a piece of paper, and save it on your room, or some place that you can remember but still safe.
Kamote_1102

Activity: 392

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 02:30:30 PM

I keep my private keys on my laptop, Messenger, and email.
I made a note on my laptop and save my private. I also gave my private key to my Girlfriend, so just in case something bad happens to me, she knows how to access my account. and I also sent to my own email. and I made a hard-copy of my private key and store it in my cabinet.

CryptoLoverz

Activity: 322

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 02:34:31 PM

Hello guys!

Give me ideas please =D
You're overthinking it, you can be successfully storing your private keys by putting them onto a USB (or a few USBs) and them putting that USB into a small, fireproof safe, and maybe making a couple copies of that USB and storing them in other locations as well. Write it down on some paper if you think there's a real risk of someone trying to snake your information with a virus or whatever. There's no harm in doing something like that and having multiple backups is the best thing you can do since it's all gone if you can't get the information back.

I totally agree with your opinion. Saving in some safe places is one way for private key security. And writing on a piece of paper and stored in a safe place, in my opinion is a very appropriate way to maintain the security of a private key. Because the private key is something very important. And if we lose it, no one can take responsibility for all our losses.
o0‡0o

Activity: 227
Merit: 103

Have faith.

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 02:37:27 PM

Sure i gone tell you here in the public  Roll Eyes

Get used to it.
nguli

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 02:49:01 PM

I keep the private key on my hard disk because I think the most secure I keep there when the device is damaged disk can still read its contents so I think the assets you have still safe.
Btcvilla

Activity: 1078
Merit: 270

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 02:55:11 PM

Hello guys!

Give me ideas please =D

too dramatic, you can keep it anywhere that you think is safe. you can save on flasdist or something. not as complicated as you say ..
Maestro75

Activity: 1974
Merit: 329

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2018, 03:06:13 PM

Certainly, the best and safetiest way of storing  the private key  is to put only in your mind. In this way you can surely protect and secure your private key. Only you should know this, you can't misplace it and no one can stall it. Probably  you can also store it into the place and/or in the things that very important and memorable to you. Therefore , you could easily remember where you storing i
So you think senile dementia is a myth right? You can be a little bit tactical and say you keep the private keys in your pocket too. How about that? It doesn't sound wise right? That's how your point sounds too. No disrespect here. I am just trying to say people easily forget with time.

B.I.O.K.R.I.P.T|
  BiokriptX Fair Launch is now live in PINKSALE
|🟣 Twitter
🔵 Facebook
🟣 Telegram
Name: Claudio

Activity: 98

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 03:18:50 PM

Google mail is the best way to hide your wallet, and the best way to look up when you needed it, keep on mind that the email you use to keep your Bitcoin password private like don't use it to make accounts on different sites since email is hackable also, but simple safety can avoid it.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: