Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 03:30:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Where do you keep your private keys?? I need good ideas!!  (Read 825 times)
BitcoinBallerina

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

Presale is live!

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 01:43:52 AM

The best place to keep your Private keys is anywhere offline the best way however is through  paper wallets. it involves printing your keys in a piece of paper which then you store in a secure place, preferably known only to you. the keys printed are inform of QR codes which can be scanned a any time fro future transactions.

elizavetausova0112

Activity: 84
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 07:25:20 AM

Also to understand the investment in bitcoins, you can read the book Rich Dad Poor Dad.
patrickj

Activity: 490
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 07:38:31 AM

Hello guys!

I wanna hear your opinions about that.
Where do you keep your private keys? In a safe? In your pocket? In your mind??

My private keys are just in the drawer as if they were worth nothing lol

I was thinking about buying a safe, but I think that big, so hard to hide, and just to store one piece of paper?

Give me ideas please =D
I kept my private in my alternate email in my gmail account and save it in the draft box. That email account that I'm not using to register in any website. Even if it's not safe to keep it on your laptop or smartphone. But if you do this, you should be careful in visiting every website or emails so that your account will not be hacked or phish easily, like I do.
gajebo

Activity: 406

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 07:53:55 AM

I save it in various places, like, print it on paper, flashdisk, hp memory, and I keep it in place, which only me who knows its place. so if one of the missing ones still exists in another app, I think, it will make my private key more secure.
bayu7adi

Activity: 1442
Merit: 545

dont be greedy

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2018, 07:57:54 AM

I save the private key on a file.txt that I wrap with.rar then I give the password
then the .rar file I put on the flash, and flashdisk I keep in a secret place
I will not sell the assets, if not yet come in september
metenjean

Activity: 854
Merit: 140

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 08:00:17 AM

Got hacked a couple months back and since then already save my private key in multiple offline USB which i've never open again since the creation of the wallet, i also think of writing it down in a piece of paper but since i dont think its necessary and i do think its more difficult to take care of then an USB so i dont wrote it. I think cellphone can be hacked too because i did heard about something called RAT like trojan for remote desktop and i won't be suprised if notes in cellphone got hacked but CMIIW  Grin Grin
BelieveInBTC

Activity: 280
Merit: 15

BookiePro.Fun - The World's Betting Exchange

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 08:10:26 AM
Last edit: March 12, 2018, 03:52:13 PM by BelieveInBTC

There are plenty of methods to store your private key. It will be quite difficult to remember it unless you start using seed instead of key. Words are easier to remember but you will lose all your money even if you forget one of them or mess up the order. I would go for encrypting a file with your seed or private key and then storing it somewhere safe. Hardware wallets do this thing for you but you would still have to take care of your seed. As I said earlier it will be definitely easier to remember. You can also use a passphrase which works as an extra word which could be only in your head.

bitfocus

Activity: 532
Merit: 15

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 08:15:11 AM

you can use encrypted thumb drives or SD cards, also you can print them and keep in a bank locker.
Lintel

Activity: 638
Merit: 300

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 09:10:08 AM

Hello guys!

I was thinking about buying a safe, but I think that big, so hard to hide, and just to store one piece of paper?

Give me ideas please =D

I keep mine on my notebook in my drawer at home. I saved it also in my cellphone with password on it that only my thumbmark can open, I have also in my USB and I sent it also on my other Facebook account. so that If I lost a copy of it. I have so some copies left but they are all secured and in just one place.
andreijoaquin

Activity: 173
Merit: 4

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 09:16:15 AM

I have one personal e-mail add were I kept all important files and links, this e-mail are kept privately and I did not use it for work or other unimportant matters.
I actually planned to buy a safe but I don't think it's idealistic since cryptos do not have physical appearance unless I have hard wallets to store my coins.
andreevaviktoriy77

Activity: 196

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 09:53:15 AM

I store the private keys in my folder with the documents and made a backup copy and save it on the flash drive for complete security.
Rodon

Activity: 106

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 10:01:08 AM

Hello guys!

Give me ideas please =D

I keep them in my computer, but on different names than "private keys", in aim that if my computer get hacked, they won't be able to find it. And I also have a copy on a hard drive, in case of my computer has any problem.
Sexie

Activity: 420
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 10:16:21 AM

Hello guys!

Give me ideas please =D

I just write in a piece of paper and put in my wallet ,together my identification Cards, for me to easily find it in case I needed it badly. I recopied also and save it in my ipad, so that I can always find it easily. It is not that it is hardly to hide or store it, it just matter if confidence and How you remember where you haD  kept it. Even you put it a Box or something that is precious one if you forget where it is, then  it will be completely lost.

center]EMPIREHOTELS  (EMPC) The Future of Hospitality
--------  WhitepaperTwitter Telegram ?   Instagram ?  [DO NOT POST SESC LINKS]Bitcointalk Thread [/url]    -------  Join our ICO :  feb. 10.2019- March.31.2019 [/center]
jeanpadel14

Activity: 210

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 10:32:54 AM

I keep in my mind and in my spouse's mind.We both know the private keys. I trust my husband and even my husband knows the bitcoin so I trust him to let he know my security code for once that I forget he is the first one to ask. I'm not keep on the phone because there is a possibility that other people can know and even in the drawer I do not even hide because it may be missing out and get of other people.

▶▶  [ WHITEPAPER ]  ◀◀            i v y            ▶▶  [ JOIN US NOW! ]  ◀◀
Ivy Disrupts The US$5 Trillion Per Day Money Transfer Market
TELEGRAM     ●    FACEBOOK    ●     TWITTER     ●    YOUTUBE    ●     LINKEDIN
Agetan

Merit: 11

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 10:46:30 AM

I keep in my mind and in my spouse's mind.We both know the private keys. I trust my husband and even my husband knows the bitcoin so I trust him to let he know my security code for once that I forget he is the first one to ask. I'm not keep on the phone because there is a possibility that other people can know and even in the drawer I do not even hide because it may be missing out and get of other people.

Saving private key is very important in best place where nobody can track it.
To save the key I prefer to store it in a computer program or store it on my mobile phone, and to keep my storage device lost, I also keep it on paper to keep the bad things going on in storage or when we forget our keys.
Loveaaronbaby

Activity: 83

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 10:52:31 AM

Hello guys!

Give me ideas please =D
I don't keep my private key on my computer. I think it's dangerous. There are so many hackers now. I'm afraid my computer will be hacked. I now record my private key in my book, which I think is safe.
drew314

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 10:57:28 AM

Hello guys!

Give me ideas please =D
I think it is best to print or write your private keys in a piece of paper so that if your private keys saved in the phone or any software are deleted, you can still access your account but make sure it is place in a very safe place.
ahmad21

Activity: 672
Merit: 271

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 11:03:43 AM

Hello guys!

Give me ideas please =D
I don't think there is any such need like what you are saying. I mean If have a few funds in all my wallets but they are stored pretty safely in my cupboard and I think they are quite safe there. You won't really expect a thief in your house who will search for your private keys to get into your wallet. At least as of now there are no such thief who try and steal private keys from your house Tongue
tr3yson

Activity: 546

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 11:09:01 AM

I keep mine on a flash drive, actually 5 flash drives for backups which are placed in a different area then also on my external drives. Two flash drives is with my wife so that in case anything happened to me, my wife knows it.
Cloud_miner

Activity: 532

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 04:24:56 PM

Why should you create problems yourself, you just need to pay something about $ 100 and buy yourself a hardware wallet. Private keys will be safe. That's all you need to do.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: