Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 02:18:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: all finished  (Read 16561 times)
itod
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1075

^ Will code for Bitcoins

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 04:12:06 PM

But yes, we're all at my mercy somehow?

We agree on that.

Let's see how all this ends up, it's still to early to expect only the negative outcome.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
redtime

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 10:16:22 AM

I suppose that still nothing ...  Angry
cad_cdn

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 01:57:02 PM

any updates?
minerpumpkin

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

A pumpkin mines 27 hours a night

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 01:10:13 AM

So this went completely belly-up then?

I should have gotten into Bitcoin back in 1992...
itod
Legendary

^ Will code for Bitcoins

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 09:57:35 PM

Texas court granted a Temporary Restraining Order against HashFast for about 218 BTC in refund case. Regardless of how the case turns out they've been ordered to hold onto BTC of this amount till the end of the case.

http://imgur.com/a/OLbc8#0
paulej

Activity: 42

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2014, 10:14:50 PM

This is not surprising.  Considering the IRS now treats bitcoin as property (in the same class as gold, basically) and FinCEN recognizes it as money, it is an asset that will get legal protection.

218 bitcoins for them is likely not a big deal.  But, I bet the total number from all customer for whom they did not deliver products as promised is way higher.

Personally, I just don't understand why they are behaving the way they are.  Even if they were unable to deliver as promised and even if they could not repay the money owed immediately, anyone with integrity should communicate and discuss a repayment plan.  I suspect most customers would accept a payment plan vs. going to court and arguing and potentially forcing the company into bankruptcy.  Plus, being responsive and also shipping products earns a bit of goodwill.  If they really have products to sale, they'll sell them that way.  As it is, I would not buy anything from that company.
itod
Legendary

^ Will code for Bitcoins

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 10:29:42 PM

This is not surprising.  Considering the IRS now treats bitcoin as property (in the same class as gold, basically) and FinCEN recognizes it as money, it is an asset that will get legal protection.

218 bitcoins for them is likely not a big deal.  But, I bet the total number from all customer for whom they did not deliver products as promised is way higher.

Personally, I just don't understand why they are behaving the way they are.  Even if they were unable to deliver as promised and even if they could not repay the money owed immediately, anyone with integrity should communicate and discuss a repayment plan.  I suspect most customers would accept a payment plan vs. going to court and arguing and potentially forcing the company into bankruptcy.  Plus, being responsive and also shipping products earns a bit of goodwill.  If they really have products to sale, they'll sell them that way.  As it is, I would not buy anything from that company.

Your post are always non-informative, meaningless, like you are trying to sabotage any constructive discussion. What did you want to say with all this text that you've written? You wanted to inform us that we should not buy anything from HF? Thanks for the advice, if you've haven't told that to all of us (heavily burned from HF) we may have made that mistake all over again.

The point of my original post, and the reason I've posted the link here, was to illustrate that when somebody fights for his own bitcoins he manages to get favorable court order, and get the final court decision in two weeks from now. On the other hand, when somebody doesn't really give a f*** about other people's money, from which he already took 1/3, he gets nowhere with the plethora of excuses why things are staled.

Edit:
Now additional info about that court case is published:
http://digitaljournal.com/pr/1819167
paulej

Activity: 42

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2014, 10:50:56 PM
Last edit: April 21, 2015, 10:37:39 PM by paulej

itodd,

There is a message to consider in what I wrote.  I'm not sabotaging a constructive conversation in the least.  Rather, I was trying to offer things to consider as a part of the dialog.

My points were:
  • Getting legal protection in court for Bitcoin is not surprising given
    • The IRS classification of bitcoin as property
    • FinCEN's treatment of bitcoin as a financial instrument
  • 218 BTC is not a sizable sum for hashfast, so they can manage that
  • They likely could not manage the thousands of bitcoins that might be requested by all customers (forcing bankruptcy)
  • HashFast did themselves a disservice by ignoring customers and not working out a repayment plan
redtime

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 11:02:54 AM

ping?  Undecided
Batshark

Activity: 33

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 05:59:15 PM

Working with Ray Gallo again (That's why I was a bit MIA yesterday).. let me see what magic I can work. No promises, guys.

Thank you for reaching out to Ray again.
stex2009
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 09:23:53 PM

Came here after a long time again. My total investment here is 3.85 BTC.
themaestrohun

Activity: 8

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 06:51:29 PM

Hello all,
There we can see our progress.
http://www.coiningsolutions.com/share-holders/share-holder-news/hashfast-news/
Chef Ramsay
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 09:29:58 PM

Nice, now we just sit and wait for the Just-us system to do its job. Heck, I'd be really happy if I could get ~half of my coins back from this one. Anything would be a bonus at this point.
redtime

View Profile
April 21, 2015, 12:26:04 PM

Update?  Angry
Chef Ramsay
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 03:48:52 AM

Well, that's about as new as the last semblance of the last future bull run. I know you're doing right but the rest of this seems like a bust. I assume most s-holders would like to have some closure at this point.
themaestrohun

Activity: 8

View Profile
May 25, 2015, 04:58:38 PM

Hello any news regarding our investment?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9]  All
  Print  

Jump to: