Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 03:54:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Avalon Gen. 2 Chips Group Buy  (Read 4836 times)
ryepdx (OP)

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 09:29:24 PM
Last edit: November 07, 2013, 01:52:59 AM by ryepdx

Group buy details

Chips
Chips are 28 mBTC each, with a minimum order size of 10 chips. The amount of Bitcoin required to cover the shipping cost is based on the "Shipping" table below and the current "sell" rate on Coinbase. Calculate what you owe in bitcoin for the chips and for shipping, and send your payments to 1LZPtQvZejprmQUovDc7CGENm2cKCftyRX. Once you have sent payment, PM me or email me at ryepdx+gen2@gmail.com with the number of chips you ordered, the transaction ID for the payment, your forum screen name, your first and last name, the mailing address you want your chips shipped to, and your email address

Send your payment from a wallet you control and can sign messages with. DO NOT SEND FROM A WEB WALLET. In the event there is a dispute over who owns a particular transaction, you will have to sign a message to prove ownership of the sending address. Also, refunds will be sent back to the address the funds were sent from, which can cause bitcoin to be completely lost if they were sent from a web wallet. If you send from a web wallet and then lose your bitcoin because your refund gets sent back to an address the web wallet doesn't associate with your account, you will have no recourse save to try to work things out with the web wallet. I will not be able to help you, and you should have read this and followed directions anyway.

Miners (tentative)
If we can get at least 20 2nd generation K16s ordered, we'll go ahead with that as well. Cost of components and assembly for each K16 at a total of 20 miners is $218 apiece. The price will go down if we can get more orders, since about half of that price will go to pay for JohnK to design the new PCB and to cover the cost of new components. If you're already a Stumptown Miners customer and you haven't requested a refund, your cost will be $110 per miner. Again, that price will go down with the number of orders we can get above 20, since the cost of redesigning the PCB for the new chips is fixed. Please use the Coinbase "sell" rate to figure what that comes out to in BTC.

Buyer Protection
JohnK still has my identity information, and will likely be willing to do another identity escrow like he did for the first Stumptown Miners batch. I've PMed him and will let you know when he gets back to me. In the meantime, you'll just have to take my word that I will refund any funds I receive if the group buy is not successful. However, if the group buy is successful, the chips will be ordered and refunds will no longer be an option.

Terms of Sale
  • Full payment of all costs incurred is required prior to shipment to final destination.
  • Address signing is required for dispute settlement.
  • All sample chips will be given to open source hardware developers to facilitate production.
  • We assume no responsibility for any issues that may arise due to circumstances outside our control, including but not limited to Avalon failing to ship, shipment being seized by customs, shipment arriving late, etc.
  • All chips purchased are sold AS IS, with no warranty of any kind.
  • You may choose to change your address a maximum of two times.
  • In order to change your shipping address you must sign the change order with the purchase address.
  • Any funds sent may be refunded up until the point the group buy is successful, at which point you may no longer request a refund. If the group buy is not successful, the full BTC amount you sent will be refunded to your sending address.

(Apologies to steamboat, who probably finds those terms very familiar.)

How to Purchase Chips
Calculate the total BTC you owe by multiplying the number of chips you want by 0.028, and then calculate shipping cost based on the shipping provider you want (see the table below) and the current "sell" rate on Coinbase. Send that amount to 1LZPtQvZejprmQUovDc7CGENm2cKCftyRX. PM me here or email me at ryepdx+gen2@gmail.com with the number of chips you ordered, the transaction ID for the payment, your forum screen name, your first and last name, the mailing address you want your chips shipped to, and your email address.

Send your payment from a wallet you control and can sign messages with. DO NOT SEND FROM A WEB WALLET. In the event there is a dispute over who owns a particular transaction, you will have to sign a message to prove ownership of the sending address. Sending from a web wallet can also lead to the total loss of your bitcoin in the event of a refund.

Shipping
Shipping costs will vary depending on your stated preferences, but by default I will be using USPS flat rate Priority Mail shipping. If you are not in the US or want me to use a different shipping provider, please specify your preferred shipping provider in your initial message to me.

Shipping time:
|2-3 days|
|Overnight|
|6-10 days|
|3-5 days|
|6-10 days|
|3-5 days|
Chip Amount:
|US Priority|
|US Express|
|Canada Priority|
|Canada Express|
|Int'l Priority|
|Int'l Express|
1-50
$10.80
$45.95
$24.95
$74.95
$33.95
$89.95
51-250
$17.35
$45.95
$50.95
$74.95
$69.95
$89.95
251-500
Free
$45.95
$50.95
$74.95
$69.95
$89.95
501-750
Free
Free
$63.95
$74.95
$87.95
$89.95
751-1000
Free
Free
Free
$74.95
$87.95
$89.95
1001+
Free
Free
Free
Free
Free
Free

(Again, apologies to steamboat, who probably finds this table astoundingly familiar.)
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
eabedry

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 09:39:43 PM

I'm interested, obviously depending on the details when they are released Smiley
TomKeddie

Activity: 176
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 09:54:31 PM

Ryan,

I'm interested.  Hopefully the K16 design will be stable by then and we can start hashing earlier.  I'll probably have 4 K16s to load with Gen2 chips, so potentially 64 chips depending on price.

Cheers,
Tom
DyslexicZombei

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 10:03:51 PM

Sorry, I really don't know how you can trust Yifu after everything he's done to your fellow miners. A lot of 'em.

I, for one, will *never* deal with unprofessional, uncaring Avalon and BFL.

Yesterday, I had a phone call with John S., the head of marketing at HashFast. I found him to be a true marketing professional. He appeared to care about his clients, and I found it easy enough to work with him to convince him to let us have access to HashFast Flash Sale pricing up until Friday night thanks to a partially reserved 4th miner, even though the sale ended last night.

Contrast that with Inaba fro BFL & Yifu from Avalon. Over a month ago, I, a true CSR pro and Tier I/II/III IT support person (in addition to network design) offered to help Yifu out of his self-inflicted hole when he came out of so-called "mafia" hiding. I would've gotten every one of those refunds done in a week, two weeks tops. So instead of letting people that actually like doing CSR work fix the problem he created, he just ignored me like everyone else he ignored...and people and some Group Buys are still waiting months for refunds.

You can do whatever you want, of course, since we have free will. But from what I've seen from GBC after GBC, I only see pain and headaches for people trying to organize Avalon Gen 2 pre-orders.

Don't you see all the threads about people *still* waiting months for Avalon chip or system refunds? You really should read SebastianJu's post on the top of this forum before proceeding IMHO.

What's your take on all that angst and anger?
ryepdx (OP)

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 10:27:31 PM

I understand where you are coming from. Part of me hopes that this time will be different, since they have pledged to only sell what they already have on hand. Primarily I am looking to recoup the sunk cost of the Klondike components I've bought. The group buy I was in has opted for a refund, and I've got thousands of dollars in Klondike components sitting around and waiting for Avalon chips. I don't imagine I'm the only one in this situation. On top of this, a few of the people who decided to use my assembly service contacted me in public and in private to see if I was willing to do a group buy for the generation 2 chips. So here I am. :-)
Kushedout
Legendary

Activity: 1123
Merit: 1000

SaluS - (SLS)

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 10:43:46 PM
Last edit: September 24, 2013, 11:03:39 PM by Kushedout

I understand where you are coming from. Part of me hopes that this time will be different, since they have pledged to only sell what they already have on hand. Primarily I am looking to recoup the sunk cost of the Klondike components I've bought. The group buy I was in has opted for a refund, and I've got thousands of dollars in Klondike components sitting around and waiting for Avalon chips. I don't imagine I'm the only one in this situation. On top of this, a few of the people who decided to use my assembly service contacted me in public and in private to see if I was willing to do a group buy for the generation 2 chips. So here I am. :-)

DyslexicZombei, though I agree with you, I am one of the people ryepdx is speaking of. The only chance of me recouping some of my losses on the chips, parts and assembly is to use it for gen2 chips. With that said, I still need more details, dates and numbers before making final decision.

I just can't simply trow away thousands of dollars just to make a statement.

For anyone else, I agree, stay away from the likes of Avalon and BFL.

DyslexicZombei

Activity: 364

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 10:49:39 PM

DyslexicZombei, though I agree with you, I am one of the people ryepdx is speaking of. The only chance of me recouping some of my losses on the chips, parts and assembly is to use it for gen2 chips. With that said, I still need more details, dates and numbers before making final decision.

I just can't simply trow away thousands of dollars just to make a statement.

For anyone, I agree, stay away from the likes of Avalon and BFL.

Excellent! I totally understand where you guys are coming from, trying to recoup whatever you can from your Avalon expenditures.

I really wasn't trying to stop sales or steal your thunder, but provide more of a gut check because Yifu's behavior is disturbing IMO, no matter what the heck might be happening behind the scenes.

==

If you guys proceed, I wish you all the very best!
hephaist0s

Activity: 711
Merit: 532

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 11:32:44 PM

I'm interested, from the same standpoint of still having some BTC invested in hardware which now will never have gen 1 chips in it, but could maybe see life with gen 2 (I have 3 Stumptown board orders).

Tips graciously accepted on my behalf by Mr. Pig. | object2212.com | BTC:1H78y8FVeQrWY6KnxA6WLFQGUoajCuiMAu | ETH:0x3c1bC39EC7F3f6b26ACb6eeeEFe7dE2f486a72E9
aristodemus
Donator

Activity: 90
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 11:38:04 PM

I'd be interested Smiley

davecoin

Activity: 816

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 02:17:28 AM

yes
bigbeninlondon

Activity: 742

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 10:22:52 AM

Since I've paid for two full K16 assemblies with steamboat I'd be interested as well, providing steamboat doesn't directly handle this.  Watching, jic.
sveetsnelda

Activity: 642

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 02:45:01 AM

Interested.  Paid for 51 K16s, and I'd like to see some chips on there if Yifu pulls through.

14u2rp4AqFtN5jkwK944nn741FnfF714m7
redphlegm

Activity: 246

My spoon is too big!

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 04:17:41 AM

Just saw this thread. I'm interested.

Whiskey Fund: (BTC) 1whiSKeYMRevsJMAQwU8NY1YhvPPMjTbM | (Ψ) ALcoHoLsKUfdmGfHVXEShtqrEkasihVyqW
Dabs
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 05:02:03 AM

If you need an escrow, and your favorite one isn't available, I'm here. (I could also do a GB but it's probably better you do it.)

Barklad

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 01:06:49 PM

I'm interested in this as well.
ryepdx (OP)

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 02:17:51 PM

Thanks for all the feedback, guys. I'm going to go ahead with a group buy, then, as soon as Avalon's terms of sale are available. And again, if you're interested in being notified when that happens, PM me or watch this thread. I'll be announcing it here when it happens.
TomKeddie

Activity: 176

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 03:35:51 PM

Ryan,

Perhaps you should also talk to sensei (he's in Michigan) he mentioned on the K16 thread that he has enough parts for 500 boards - that would go a long way towards making 10k for a group buy (presuming the quantities will be the same the second time around).

Also, from steamboats buy, it is good to be clear up front about your right to make decisions on behalf of the group in the event things go wrong - lost in shipping, cancelled by bitsyncomm and set expectations on how much refund, if any, buyers would expect should things go wrong.

I'd like to participate but I'm waiting to hear from steamboat about the parts I've bought from him.

Thanks,
Tom
Vl4dim1r

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2013, 06:54:15 AM

I am also interested. Need to use all these components sitting on my desk Sad

Tips/Payments: 12DXk6FeU1JmKwCyCTJDdwUNKGV8hvZTep
rascal777

Activity: 132

View Profile
October 20, 2013, 05:19:22 AM

I'm interested also, but the price and the hashrate would have to be good.

BTC TIPS  19n2ienyueN4RiC38KFSZMQMgrNLgu9Uuc
Bicknellski

Activity: 924

View Profile
October 20, 2013, 06:21:23 AM

Best solution... modify your designs for Bitfury and avoid Avalon.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: