Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:51:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Social Networks  (Read 515 times)
Heybeehee

Activity: 84
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 08:15:33 PM

social networking service (also social networking site, SNS or social media) is an online platform that people use to build social networks or social relations with other people who share similar personal or career interests, activities, backgrounds or real-life connections. The variety of stand-alone and built-in social networking services currently available online introduces challenges of definition; however, some common features exist:

social networking services are Internet-based applications
user-generated content (UGC) is the lifeblood of SNS organisations. Online community services are sometimes considered[by whom?] social-network services, though in a broader sense, a social-network service usually provides an individual-centered service whereas online community services are group-centered. Social networking sites allow users to share ideas, digital photos and videos, posts, and to inform others about online or real-world activities and events with people in their network. While in-person social networking – such as gathering in a village market to talk about events – has existed since the earliest development of towns,[citation needed] the Web enables people to connect with others who live in different locations, ranging from across a city to across the world. Depending on the social media platform, members may be able to contact any other member. In other cases, members can contact anyone they have a connection to, and subsequently anyone that contact has a connection to, and so on. LinkedIn, a career-oriented social-networking service, generally requires that a member personally know another member in real life before they contact them online. Some services require members to have a preexisting connection to contact other members.
The main types of social networking services contain category places[clarification needed] (such as former school-year or classmates), means to connect with friends (usually with self-description pages), and a recommendation system linked to trust. One can categorize social-network services into three types:

socializing social network services used primarily for socializing with existing friends (e.g., Facebook)
networking social network services used primarily for non-social interpersonal communication (e.g., LinkedIn, a career- and employment-oriented site)
social navigation social network services used primarily for helping users to find specific information or resources (e.g., Goodreads for books)
There have been attempts to standardize these services to avoid the need to duplicate entries of friends and interests (see the FOAF standard). A study reveals that India recorded world's largest growth in terms of social media users in 2013.[6] A 2013 survey found that 73% of U.S. adults use social-networking sites.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
k00d8

Activity: 75

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 08:33:48 PM

A feeling of security surrounding my data, ownership of data, privacy, and the likes. This is my biggest concern and makes me want to get rid of all social media full stop. But that is difficult to do, and I wish we could change this status quo where Companies have monopolies on our social data.
levelnaut

Activity: 129

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2018, 04:42:50 AM

To save personal data is practically impossible now, I think. But it shouldn't be stolen anyway. First, users must be warne, and the second - they must be rewarded for sharing.
artistpol-32

Activity: 7

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 12:26:22 PM

What are some things you'd like to see in a social network that would make your experience even better?

example ... No ads / No "feed" / better messaging system using better encryption

I would like less advertising and more useful information - that is, articles, advice, etc.
Sorento

Activity: 75

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2018, 01:22:19 PM

No Spam, No Ads.
Kaliya

Activity: 15

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 06:00:48 PM

Social network is a technology parlance with the website or other application where people often of similar interest ,come together  to communicate with each other and share information. Social network is an online platform that people use to build social relations with other people who share similar personal or career interest ,activities, background or real life connection.
jmiro1

Activity: 235
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 06:46:48 PM

I except social networks not to sale our information. But unfortunately that is the purpose of social networks. So, it's never gonna happen. At least they should give us a choice where we can choose which information we want to giveaway and which my meant not to see the servers.
babyaia

Activity: 164

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 07:50:47 PM

No popping advertisements,no spam so that you can go directly to what you are doing and safe information.
deshan1

Activity: 110

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2018, 10:59:12 PM

Social network should be used only for good purpose
thrushzodiac8

Activity: 58

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 02:52:51 AM

Better speed in texting and voice operated texting with hang free operation is what I dream of
levelnaut

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2018, 04:19:48 AM

Social network should be used only for good purpose

Yes, that's right. And first of all for communication and exchange useful information.
precharge

Activity: 17

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2018, 04:25:24 AM

What are some things you'd like to see in a social network that would make your experience even better?

example ... No ads / No "feed" / better messaging system using better encryption

If there was some way to make it so people were more prone to engage, hate situations where most people have 500, 1k and 2k friends and you see maybe 3 likes, that tells me something is amiss. I personally feel social networks suppress most post.
Levin23

Activity: 101

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 01:10:48 PM

with a wealth of knowledge from around the world, our knowledge increases ... the positive impact that needs to be taken, because with our social networking becomes more insightful ..
diagnosticpillar

Activity: 12

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 04:42:50 AM

I am satisfied with only social media whatsapp and telegram in which I am active
jeruk nipis

Activity: 196

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 05:39:54 AM

a lot of unnecessary advertising which only disturb only. In addition the political elements of course also very troubling if entering inside. that's what makes me currently rarely open because of a little-a little lashed in politics.
WorldBiz project

Activity: 84

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 06:29:11 PM

No media bubble! I want to get all info not just posts that were filtered for me
HelperAdvisorsLLP

Activity: 140

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 09:01:44 PM

no likes of other people on facebook!  Undecided
levelnaut

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2018, 03:50:44 AM

I am satisfied with only social media whatsapp and telegram in which I am active
And what about crypto social networks? I mean Steemit, Golos, Minds, Empowr etc.?
vachellie

Activity: 140
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 08:18:20 AM

I do not want any ads that interfere with display in my social media, I do not want my social media can be hacked,
I want my social media simple without any ads, without any hack and without his captcha.
neya

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 09:47:21 PM

I use facebook always.but i dont want the ads because i have sin and he also use it i dont want him to see ads that not good for his age.no fake news also and no hacked.no fake accounts

TRUEPLAY.io
TRANSPARENT AND HONEST GAMBLING PLATFORM ♣ PRE-SALE STARTS 15th APR, 2018 ♠ 30% DISCOUNT
sitebounty ann thread  ♠ wallet
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: