Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 12:09:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Man, the order # that KnC is up to is scary.  (Read 934 times)
Paladin69 (OP)

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 04:27:08 PM

Thought I'd put in a November order because KnC allows for refunds up until the month your order is ready unlike some of these other assholes like BFL.  I wanted to see where the order # is.  It's in the mid 8000's now.  My September order is in the high 300's.

I've got a feeling that the difficulty is going to reflect an additional 5PH sometime around the beginning of December now that these things might do 500-600GH each.  I'm starting to think that even $5K for a Jupiter & $14K for CoinTerra is too high.  But that doesn't really solve the problem as people will keep buying more hashrate if the $ per GH drops.

Be careful.  This doesn't even include HashFast and others I am probably forgetting.  I personally think the difficulty is going to run away from everyone.

Weimar Hashrate Republic indeed.
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
StringTheory

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

Making Sense of Things

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 04:54:01 PM

Are you sure they are using linear order patterns?  I know BFL, Avalon etc. did not.  Your order # might not mean you are 8,000 in line.

Successful Transactions: jayson3 +1
bbxx

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

cryptoshark

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2013, 04:56:27 PM

Are you sure they are using linear order patterns?  I know BFL, Avalon etc. did not.  Your order # might not mean you are 8,000 in line.

There is a lot of fake or test orders so dont worry

4PH max till end of nov.
Ask for refund and buy some cheap shares Wink
miter_myles

Activity: 742

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 04:56:41 PM

in before a VMC cheerleader puppet posts how much smaller their order queue is...

BTC - 1D7g5395bs7idApTx1KTXrfDW7JUgzx6Z5
LTC - LVFukQnCWUimBxZuXKqTVKy1L2Jb8kZasL
Paladin69 (OP)

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 06:36:22 PM

4PH max till end of nov.

I think that is optimistic personally.  600GH x all these orders (if each chip is now 150GH, can do 125GH last I heard).  Sure some may have cancelled but many also ordered more than one Jupiter.

I guess we'll find out...lol  Scary, IMO.
FUKT

Activity: 446
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 09:09:52 PM

There is a lot of fake or test orders so dont worry

4PH max till end of nov.
Ask for refund and buy some cheap shares Wink

That is correct, I have 4 legit orders with KNC and about 40 test orders just to see what the order number is at.
erk

Activity: 826

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 09:23:17 PM
Last edit: September 25, 2013, 09:37:51 PM by erk

I am certain most people placing hardware orders are underestimating the difficulty increases. The calculators like http://mining.thegenesisblock.com only work from past data, they have no idea about the impact of new ASIC vendors releasing hardware onto the net until it has happened. eg. Nowhere in their forecast is KNCminier included, the predictions are based on the vendors that have shipped already!  BFL have been rolling out 50-60GH/s Singles at quite a pace lately, and have a lot more to go. BFL bulk chip sale shipments are due soon, so BFL will probably account for over 600TH/s of the net hash within the next month or two, and could be closer to 1PH/s if they ordered a 3rd wafer batch. Add to that PH/s from KNCminer, and whatever Cointerra, Hashfast actually do, and you will see how wrong the mining calculators are.

My bet is that it wont be worth buying hardware that is more than 1watt per GH/s as the energy cost of mining a coin is going to rise much faster than most people have predicted. Of course people with less efficient hardware will keep mining even if they don't cover the electricity costs, and that will compound the problem. You may be able to under clock your rigs down to 1watt per GH/s.

Carlton Banks
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 3074

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 11:45:58 PM

in before a VMC cheerleader puppet posts how much smaller their order queue is...

I think.... YOU'RE THE VMC PUPPET TRYING TO PROVE THERE ARE NO VMC PUPPETS BY SAYING THAT Grin (just kidding. sort of)

Vires in numeris
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: