Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 02:54:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcointalk.org user loses $2,000,000 in Bitcoin  (Read 785 times)
krigger

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

Presale is live!

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 04:49:50 PM

This is very possible although I have not heard this news personally and I am just reading it now but if the person was a gambler then this becomes even more likely because with gambling you can lose a lot of money in very little time and not much effort. If it is losses from bitcoin prices going down then I don't think he has lost yet, unless he panics and sells which means he lost.

▄▄█████████▄▄      █████████████▄▄       █████████████▄▄        █████     █████        █████   ███████████████████    ██▄                ▄██
   ███████████████▄    ████████████████▄     ████████████████▄      █████     ██████       █████   ███████████████████    ████▄            ▄████
  █████▀     ▀▀███▀    █████     ▀▀█████▄    █████     ▀▀█████▄     █████     ███████      █████          █████           ██████▄        ▄██████
 █████          ▀      █████        ▀▀▀▀▀    ▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀██     █████     ████████     █████          █████           ████████▄    ▄████████
 █████▄                ███▀▀                                          ▀▀█     █████████    █████          █████            ▀██████▀    ▀██████▀
 ▀██████▄▄               ▄▄▄        ▄████    ▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄       ▄         ██████████   █████          █████              ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀
  ▀█████████▄▄         █████     ▄▄█████▀    █████     ▄▄█████▀     ███▄▄       ▀▀█ █████  █████          █████                  ▄██████▄
     ▀▀█████▀  ▄▄▄     ████████████████▀     ████████████████▀      █████     ▄▄     ▀▀▀██ █████          █████                ▄██████████▄
         ▀▀ ▄█████▄    █████████████▀▀       ██████████████▀        █████     ████▄       ▀▀▀███          █████              ▄██████████████▄
             ▀█████    █████                 █████     █████        █████     █████    ▄▄▄                █████            ▄████████▀▀████████▄
 ▄█▄          █████    █████                 █████      █████       █████     █████     █████▄▄▄
          █████           ████████▀    ▀████████
▄████▄▄     ▄█████     █████                 █████       █████      █████     █████      ███████
          ▀████           ██████▀        ▀██████
▀████████████████      █████                 █████        █████     █████     █████       ██████
            ▀██           ████▀            ▀████
  ▀▀██████████▀▀       █████                 █████         █████    █████     █████        █████
              ▀           ██▀                ▀██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
    ██
   ██
  ██
 ██
██
 ██
  ██
   ██
    ██
     ██
Whitepaper
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ANN Thread

██
 ██
  ██
   ██
    ██
     ██
    ██
   ██
  ██
 ██
██

Telegram
Facebook
Twitter
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
vergel24official

Activity: 154
Merit: 16

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 04:54:33 PM

Maybe he do gambling, but for me it's a huge amount that a person cannot afford to lose.
appleyard

Activity: 359
Merit: 15

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 05:02:17 PM

I read while reading many threads here that a bitcointalk.org member lost $2,000,000 in Bitcoin.   Shocked

we are losing everytime the price go low, we are losing our investment if this fall dosn't stop, it osxmorecthan wk dollars. I think it will reached a couple of millions.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
First77 (OP)

Activity: 266
Merit: 32

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 03:29:59 AM

we are losing everytime the price go low, we are losing our investment if this fall dosn't stop, it osxmorecthan wk dollars. I think it will reached a couple of millions.

$2000 will decide the fate of Bitcoin.
tntdl

Activity: 86
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2018, 03:41:42 AM

When will bitcoin increase? Grin
xbiv2

Activity: 560
Merit: 111

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 03:44:38 AM

all this Bitcoin "loses" and "hacking" it just the way to avoid taxes

Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 03:48:03 AM

One reason why they lose that much probably because they bought bitcoin at a much higher value compared to now. Another this is that many holders said they loss profit even though they bought bitcoin at 1k$ because their portfolios value have drop. Anyway we cannot really believe what we read since there are people ho said who lost profit even if they havent.
Dansamiv

Activity: 224

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 03:57:29 AM

I think the actual cost is much higher. Right now, FUDs are prolonged and the market is constantly carrying at the loss for everyone. If the bitcoin continues down to 5k, I think all of the other coin really collapses and is hard to recover without really trying. Consumer confidence will decline significantly.
First77 (OP)

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 05:00:21 PM

I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume -- Satoshi Nakamoto
eaLiTy

Activity: 2814
Merit: 911

Have Fun )@@( Stay Safe

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 05:12:47 PM

I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume -- Satoshi Nakamoto
When he built this entire infrastructure he never had any idea on how this will have an impact in a short span of time and so is the reason he left early giving away everything to Gavin and others and if he knew it will have an immediate impact i am sure he would have stayed and carried on with the development and be the face of the entire market.

@OP you have not given any details about the loss and how the user lost that much amount of money?
bitcoinVPSD

Activity: 442
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 05:16:52 PM

This is probably an unlucky thing for him. But I do not understand why he lost that amount by bitcoin. I was very curious about why he lost a lot of money with bitcoin. he  have been cheated or invested in a bad market moment, you can provide more information on this.

greenpath

Activity: 178

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 05:18:05 PM

Big amount of money. It is not easy to earn that kind of huge money. Probably that man now is on the process to moving on. Maybe he should be in great distress at this moment if he did not yet earn the 1 million dollars.
fauzan123

Activity: 1260
Merit: 103

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 05:20:15 PM

One reason why they lose that much probably because they bought bitcoin at a much higher value compared to now. Another this is that many holders said they loss profit even though they bought bitcoin at 1k$ because their portfolios value have drop. Anyway we cannot really believe what we read since there are people ho said who lost profit even if they havent.
I really agree with what you say, the current condition is indeed bad again all altcoin on down, if we already buy at a high price his solution can only be hold while waiting for the market to return to normal
bangkecol

Activity: 784
Merit: 314

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 05:22:44 PM

wow, it seems that for this one case I have not found it, what and why it can be lost in bitcointalk, it's better if you have the source, put the source of the info out of it, so as not to become ambiguous news
Kola

Activity: 215
Merit: 21

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 05:27:47 PM

is it real news? or not? less bitcoing on the earth, more value for the price, imagine in the long future, like 20% of them will lost forever, and not possible to recover them.
vnck25

Activity: 392
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 06:52:45 PM

Do you have a link to prove your point? Anyways I think its possible,  but you need to give us more information about how he lost it. Basically, did he lose it by misplacing the password, private key or the wallet file? Or were the  Bitcoins stolen from his wallet, or did he make a very bad move when trading Bitcons?
Anyways as I said before you should share more information on this account, so others can read and learn from this particular persons' mistakes. Cryptocurrencies are very new and there's a lot to learn about them.
First77 (OP)

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 01:01:19 AM

is it real news? or not? less bitcoing on the earth, more value for the price, imagine in the long future, like 20% of them will lost forever, and not possible to recover them.

People are not reading bitcointalk.org ??
bitcoin31

Activity: 1834
Merit: 523

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 01:09:43 AM

Can you give us the link of the thread of a person who are losing 2M dollars. Because I did not read any thread like what you said. Please put all details and information about how he lost 2M dollars in bitcoin so we can know what is really happen. And where he lost that huge amount?.
First77 (OP)

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 04:22:58 AM

Can you give us the link of the thread of a person who are losing 2M dollars. Because I did not read any thread like what you said. Please put all details and information about how he lost 2M dollars in bitcoin so we can know what is really happen. And where he lost that huge amount?.

while reading many threads in bitcointalk.org, I read that a bitcointalk.org member lost $2,000,000 in Bitcoin
Veterock

Activity: 238
Merit: 15

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 03:38:43 PM

I also read this story somewhere, but in my opinion it's more like a good fairy tale, not the truth)
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: