Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 11:49:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is btc in an s curve  (Read 145 times)
Walrus1 (OP)

Activity: 182
Merit: 20

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 12:45:05 AM

https://bitcoinmagazine.com/articles/op-ed-bitcoin-not-bubble-its-s-curve-and-its-just-getting-started/

This makes sense if you care to read. One possibility is btc is in an scurve at this point in its adoption and people's awareness of its potential. Check it out if you care to and let me know if it makes sense to u
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4200
Merit: 4447

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 02:12:18 AM
Merited by pooya87 (1)

its actually both...

depending on what your looking at.

if your only looking at the HIGH price of a given time. its a bubble.. the speculative hype and air which can inflate prices aswell as burst prices,
.. like a bubble.

but if you chart the data and draw a line along the LOWEST prices long term you will see the true value. the part that no one is
stupid to sell below.

think of the long term lowest line as a water line in a bath.. its a point of resistance.. anything above that is speculative hot air that fluctuates (grows and pops)

we are still in the first decade of a many decade life of the coin. which based on things like coin supply (block halving events) and population saturation will  have the waterline in a S curve.. and then variable amounts ontop for the speculative bubble

anyway here is an image for the younger generation that can only understand images

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
HashFace

Activity: 406
Merit: 114

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 03:12:18 AM

That's a really great article.  I like it when the authors back their ideas up with facts and historical data.  I mean, I know it based largely on his interpretation, but it is a well backed opinion.  Also, I found that graph about the adoption of technology to be fascinating.  It would be interesting to see where bitcoin currently falls on that graph and plot it over the coming years, but since that chart is US only, and there is no way to tell in which countries the wallets are owned, it would be difficult.  
squatter
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1196

STOP SNITCHIN'

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 07:04:46 AM

https://bitcoinmagazine.com/articles/op-ed-bitcoin-not-bubble-its-s-curve-and-its-just-getting-started/

This makes sense if you care to read. One possibility is btc is in an scurve at this point in its adoption and people's awareness of its potential. Check it out if you care to and let me know if it makes sense to u

I'm also partial to the theory that Bitcoin represents an adoption S-curve (like cell phones or the internet).

Even if it is, it should be noted that not all S-curves are created equally. Adoption of VCRs followed the same curve, but instead of plateauing like electricity and refrigerators, adoption sharply declined from the top due to technology innovation (DVD, Blu-Ray, internet streaming) and FCC regulation. In other words, when a technology S-curve becomes mature, there is opportunity for competitors to disrupt the market. In regards to Bitcoin, the competitor could be a different cryptocurrency or it could be a novel alternative to blockchains that solves third party trust, double spending, smart contracts, etc.

So, while I think Bitcoin is eventually headed to $1 million and beyond, it's always prudent to be aware of the markets and social trends since its value is tied to its network size and utility.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: