Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:18:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Implication of regulation and the securities status  (Read 411 times)
without (OP)

Activity: 54
Merit: 1

Crypto Enthusiast and Software Developer

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 11:53:30 PM

In a way,I think the regulation can in a way improve security and also reduce the risks of ICO scams. Ooh, did I just say reduce, why not say stop? You see, even the government’s regulation can’t prevent scams from happening, it will always happen and some people will fall victim. The government itself is corrupt, I don’t even support the idea of regulation.

What about self regulation?
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
without (OP)

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 12:03:13 AM

Hi all,

just want to throw out a question. Whats your opinion on the regulation of cryptos to a securities status (global scenario) ?

As an example, in Switzerland the financial regulatory agengy FINMA has set regulations that will limit the possibilities for new ICO's and provide more safety for investors.
(see: https://www.finma.ch/en/news/2018/02/20180216-mm-ico-wegleitung/)

Resumed, I think it will be good for the market and future of ICO's but others think it will suffocate new startups. I would be very interested in some opinions on the subject.

Thanks

Securities tokens are already regulated as traditional securities assets. Regulators can't define the status of utility tokens.

But they can define a utility token as a security token to my understanding
cahbagus555

Activity: 756
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 12:08:53 AM

Hi all,

just want to throw out a question. Whats your opinion on the regulation of cryptos to a securities status (global scenario) ?

As an example, in Switzerland the financial regulatory agengy FINMA has set regulations that will limit the possibilities for new ICO's and provide more safety for investors.

Resumed, I think it will be good for the market and future of ICO's but others think it will suffocate new startups. I would be very interested in some opinions on the subject.

Thanks

I am believe that regulation is needed for safety. Investor must be looking for safety for their fund and regulating the investment on crypto can make it. I am believe if no regulation, it must many scam ICO
toygama

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 01:13:37 AM

It gives more trust to the investors and positive sign that the system will be more available. Securing and regulating any form of business is a good advantage of development. It's also a way to advertise and let more people knowledgeable about the business.
OriginTrain

Activity: 406
Merit: 174

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 02:01:11 AM

People should realize that it doesn't make a damn difference what status regulators "give" bitcoin. It was created since BTC doesn't give a shit about regulators and what they think. It's a peer-to-peer currency that cannot be shutdown and that's all that matters.
elena_rose19

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 10:04:17 AM

There are concerns that regulating cryptocurrency is against the intention of crypto - being decentralized. However, change is really inevitable in everything, cryptocurrency is going mainstream for now and it's moving in economy so the government see the need of it being regulayed. I think it is better than being banned.
boyshx

Activity: 574
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 10:25:50 AM

Hi all,

Thanks

With the current increase in the scams and worst case scenarios of the ICO im sure implementing fewer regulations or more wouldn't be bad idea. Regulatign something is always taken as something bad happening or something with which the regulated stuff will get destroyed. But its not the case always. Many times regulations can bring fruitful results for the sake of investment and our own security by providing the extra law enforcement for us.

Switzerland has always been good player in regulating their own money and obviously money that is being driven from external countries. However crypto currencies is blessing for them and they know it very well that its worth supporting it.
ganlianshifu1

Activity: 392
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 11:05:17 AM

The purpose of regulation is to prevent people from using ico for fraud!

Protect investors' money and invest in the right projects!
without (OP)

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 08:48:55 PM

Hi all,

Thanks

With the current increase in the scams and worst case scenarios of the ICO im sure implementing fewer regulations or more wouldn't be bad idea. Regulatign something is always taken as something bad happening or something with which the regulated stuff will get destroyed. But its not the case always. Many times regulations can bring fruitful results for the sake of investment and our own security by providing the extra law enforcement for us.

Switzerland has always been good player in regulating their own money and obviously money that is being driven from external countries. However crypto currencies is blessing for them and they know it very well that its worth supporting it.

Yes, it's true. They offer serious regulation also having in mind that the technology is in its first steps, I think they are taking a fairly good approach
nitrousteam

Activity: 154
Merit: 15

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 09:09:21 PM

Hi all,

Thanks

The problem with this regulation that will for sure be put in a motion in the other countries is that it will probably make it difficult for new promising ICOs that ain't scam to make a progress trough and push their plans till the very end. I support this regulation from the Swiss but that will bring the new problems.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Many developers don't have enough financial support to push their projects till the very end and this regulation will maybe require even more money that they won't have. Investors also won't recognize the projects because they won't have enough of the needed advertisement. It is up to us to wait and see how will this regulation change the future possibilities of the cryptocurrencies in the development phase.

CONTRACTNET     |     At the intersection of Blockchain, IOT & SMART CONTRACTS             
|     WHITEPAPER     |     TWITTER     |      TELEGRAM     
████████████████████████  [  JOIN ICO   ●   10th MARCH  ] ████████████████████████
Zadicar
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1020

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 09:16:48 PM

Hi all,

Thanks

The problem with this regulation that will for sure be put in a motion in the other countries is that it will probably make it difficult for new promising ICOs that ain't scam to make a progress trough and push their plans till the very end. I support this regulation from the Swiss but that will bring the new problems.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Many developers don't have enough financial support to push their projects till the very end and this regulation will maybe require even more money that they won't have. Investors also won't recognize the projects because they won't have enough of the needed advertisement. It is up to us to wait and see how will this regulation change the future possibilities of the cryptocurrencies in the development phase.
These would really be the implications on such regulation steps where it would mainly affect the range on where those ICO would able to market their project because of such restriction or regulation but eventually even on such blockage if the project do have the potential that would caught up investors attention even where those peoples or investors residing it cant really completely stop for them to invest.

Legendary / Hero Member

EPSILOAN ██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
█████▄     ███████    ▄█████
███████     █████    ███████
███████ ▄    ███     ███████
███████ █▄    █ █    ███████
███████ ██▄    ██    ███████
███████ ███▄  ███    ███████
█████▀   ▀██▄███▀     ▀█████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
VclDm

Activity: 392
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 10:08:05 PM

The purpose of regulation is to prevent people from using ico for fraud!

Protect investors' money and invest in the right projects!
For ICO projects to develop in the long term and truly bring value to the community, it is necessary to have regulations. These rules will help curb fraudulent ICO projects to protect investors' assets, make good ICO projects more transparent and attract more investors.

aeternus

Activity: 686
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 12:43:45 AM

Regulating bitcoin as well as the ICOs can be an advantage for the industry, this can help to lessen or even eliminate the fraudsters and scam projects. This will attract more investors and can help improve the crypto market even more.
The regulation of cryptocurrencies is being done not to benefit us but benefit the governments they want to obtain profits out of this and they are seeing the market is just not a fad, they understand now that cryptocurrencies are going to be part of the new economy, right now the market is small but it will grow tremendously in the next years and they want to obtain their share.
entrepmind23

Activity: 644
Merit: 261

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 01:27:17 AM

Though there are many people who are against regulation for cryptocurrency because this would implicate centralization as oppose to what is the suppose purpose of it which is decentralization, I think we need it because there are so many people who are taking this opportunity to scam other people and not be held responsible for it because there is no applicable rule in which they can be convicted for the illegal doings that they committed.

The move to recognize cryptocurrency as security then would mean that ICOs would be regulated as well and this would prevent some people behind those ICOs that have the purpose to just scam people and take investors money and run away with it. Though there are issues regarding AML, as long as we can support where our money came from then I think we would be safe.

░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░
           ░▒█████████████████████▒░
         ▓███████████████████████████▓░
      ░███████████████▓░▒███████████████░
     ▓██████████▓▓▒░        ▒▒▓▓██████████
   ░███▓                               ▒███▒
  ░████               ▒▒▒               ████▒
 ░█████░           ░███████░            █████▒
 ██████░          ░██      ██▒          ██████
░██████░          ██       ██           ██████▒
▓██████           ██░ ░   ░██           ███████
▓██████         ████████████████        ███████
▓██████        █████████████████        ███████
░██████▒       ███████████████       ░██████▓
 ███████       █████████████████       ▓██████
 ░███████       ████████████████      ▓██████▒
  ▒███████▒       ░ ░     ░ ░       ░███████▒
   ░████████▒                     ▒████████▒
     ▓████████▓░               ░▓█████████
      ░██████████▓░          ▓██████████░
         ▓██████████▒     ▒██████████▓░
           ░▒██████████▒▓█████████▓░
                 ░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░
without (OP)

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 10:53:54 PM

this is what gives me headaches: Fight fire with fire
https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2018/mar/13/imf-christine-lagarde-calls-bitcoin-crackdown-cryptocurrencies

I think there is no way around a proper regulation and a smarter market, I hope this happens before we find the root of the movement infected by the old system.
Nick Abimanyu

Activity: 406
Merit: 19

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 11:33:19 PM

Hi all,

Thanks

Good!!!, The financial regulatory agency FINMA seems very keen and understand with the development of crypto until determined to provide more security for its investors.
I'm very optimistic this appropriate and wise step can protect the value of crypto that has been there before in order not slump deeper especially bitcoin.
aeternus

Activity: 686
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 02:46:36 AM

Though there are many people who are against regulation for cryptocurrency because this would implicate centralization as oppose to what is the suppose purpose of it which is decentralization, I think we need it because there are so many people who are taking this opportunity to scam other people and not be held responsible for it because there is no applicable rule in which they can be convicted for the illegal doings that they committed.

The move to recognize cryptocurrency as security then would mean that ICOs would be regulated as well and this would prevent some people behind those ICOs that have the purpose to just scam people and take investors money and run away with it. Though there are issues regarding AML, as long as we can support where our money came from then I think we would be safe.
In theory we will not need regulation, every investor in the market of cryptocurrencies will be a responsible person investing only in solid projects and using his money responsibly but we know that is never going to happen there are many people that invest in very doubtful coins so even if I really do not like it I understand why some people are calling for regulation.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: