Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 03:48:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Life working abroad  (Read 429 times)
Jorheen (OP)

Activity: 165
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 07:56:20 AM

Life abroad is never for the faint heart. You’ll be out of your comfort zone — out of the familiar, safe place you’re used to. There are times that you will just cry for no apparent reason. You’ll get frustrated a lot of times. You’ll even start giving up on yourself. And you’ll start questioning if you’ve really made the right decision. What thoughts can you share about living away from your family and work abroad?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SmellsCinnamon

Activity: 76

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 09:58:22 AM

Life abroad is never for the faint heart. You’ll be out of your comfort zone — out of the familiar, safe place you’re used to. There are times that you will just cry for no apparent reason. You’ll get frustrated a lot of times. You’ll even start giving up on yourself. And you’ll start questioning if you’ve really made the right decision. What thoughts can you share about living away from your family and work abroad?

I have a family member that is working abroad. Just by talking to him thru the internet and a digital screen, I can feel his homesickness and the want to go home already. It must be tough to every workers working abroad but they keep on working hard for the future of their family. I think that is the motivation they always have when working far from home.
jefrihunter

Activity: 225
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 10:42:11 AM

I think depend of ur point of view.. I have a friends who work abroad alone, she's feel homesickness but her family who always call or VC than her.. She seldom call her family cz she think it will make her more sad and want to back home immediatly.. So, she decide to focus reach her goals and make her parent proud.. And yeah, now she almost achieve her goals and she parent look proud to her now.. Dont ask 'bout salary she got, now she can buy a house to her parent.. 😳😎

Paniudto

Activity: 93

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 12:54:24 PM

Yes, working abroad has a better salary which can suppport your families needs. But it is very lonely being away with your family especially with your growing children. There is also a big adjustment with your co workers sometimes it is very hard since your not on the same race.
zenrol28
Copper Member

Activity: 854
Merit: 110

Give Hope For Everyone!

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2018, 01:50:46 PM

Working abroad gives you a chance to travel, to see different places that you're country has not. Eat foreign foods. See different cultures. Makes you meet other people from other countries. Will make you independent. All of these while you're earn.

eann014

Activity: 1078
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 01:52:43 PM

I think it is also depend on your family and what work you have in abroad. I know that it is hard for being far away with your family but if its all because of your family I think it is worth the sacrifices after all the years that you are in the abroad, and also take care of yourself too if you are far away since you are just alone outside of your country.
LemonF3

Activity: 176
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 02:08:01 PM

I do not have experience working abroad. But I have lots of relatives and friends working in different part of Asia and Europe. And based on their stories, it is really not easy working away from family. Though some of them are blessed with their work there, they still feel incomplete. Most of them said, I they could have a job here that could somehow equate their salary abroad then they all go home.
Betheng10

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 02:25:06 PM

being miles apart from your family would really test your emotional toughness. Living in a country where everything is unfamiliar, cultural differences, even local laws are some of the things you'll find adjusting into.

I know it would be difficult but, just think of the life you'll give to your family because of the sacrifice you've made.

j1hanaudy

Activity: 58

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 03:58:23 PM

It is hard to say that living in the oceans is as good as people say. There is no pain in the heart apart from the family, especially to the wife and children at home. Cry
Guapongbadoy

Activity: 124

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 04:14:24 PM

Exactly! Working abroad is like a taking a knife and stab yourself just for the sake your family and it is not good to remove because removing it will not be helpful to accomplish your goal so sacrificing yourself in the mids of suffering is a must. You are risking everything in order to earn money for the family. And while you are doing this you have are not free from every negative thoughts on the side of your husband/wife and children.
steadyrice

Activity: 140
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 05:00:48 PM

I lived abroad for 6 years and had many times the same feeling you wrote. I also had good times and a lot of time but also times when I felt very alone and don't belong to that society.

summerbloom

Activity: 124

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 06:57:40 PM

As I say workings working abroad means to me is to give the good opportunity to live the good life,while the other can also stressful and frustration, because working abroad is not easy to adjust faces the new inviroment,aside from that working abroad can also a lot of experience and challenges of living ,like personal basic needs,and to adapt the different new culture of people around you, though ethics and attitude,sooner you will be accepted because its part of step stones to forward the ladder in the bright future
Utogah

Activity: 179

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 08:47:21 PM

Working abroad is not an easy decision. You need the right choice whether you like to work abroad or not.
just like my cousin he worked abroad for his family to gain more money but he left his family alone here.
my cousin felt homesickness because he is too far from his family. And for me, it's really a good decision if you pick wisely to go abroad coz you can get big salary there compare to your country.
troydar05

Activity: 83

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 03:19:37 AM

Homesickness perhaps the single, most difficult part of living and working away from home is when homesickness sets in.You may have read stories of people not finishing their employment contracts abroad simply because it has become too much to bear and this does happen.At the end of the day, the question is, how important is this experience and opportunity for you?Are you going to allow yourself to feel homesick and just throw everything away?It’s a good idea to remember that home will always be there and you can return anytime.If you feel your time abroad is up then it may be the right time to return to your motherland but think about the opportunities you may be giving up overseas before doing so
liza07

Activity: 19

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 03:36:41 AM

Life working abroad is very difficult and a lot of sacrifice. Away from family is very hard. I salute all those who is working abroad. You are all heroes of all time.
Marjo04

Activity: 408

www.bitpaction.com

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 04:49:13 AM

I am  so proud to have a husband that work in other country just to give his family a good fture,i know its really hard to live in different culture and unfamiliar in  all things,but he sacrifice all for us.but thank you to internet atleast we can talk in videocall.

KampungMonyet

Activity: 32

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 05:24:18 AM

Have you ever considered the prospect of working abroad? Maybe you think it will be difficult to leave the country to wander to the country of people with all sorts of differences in atmosphere and new atmosphere. But on the other hand, the opportunity to work abroad offers a lot of new things that can make your life richer.

who want to consider working overseas, here we reveal facts working and living abroad-with its ups and downs.
New Freedom

Living abroad will make you feel a new freedom that you have never felt before. You are free to do anything and go wherever you want-but still remember the responsibility that accompanies your freedom. Do not let your life even fall apart after living abroad. Remember your initial intention to work and build a career abroad, rather than just tossing around.

Time is Faster Going by

When you are abroad, your perceptions of time will change. Time will be very fast and when you come home after a while, your child, nephew, friend, parent, or relative is aged and has a life that is far from you. You will feel like you are in the middle of them, while you are struggling to work overseas to adapt in a new place. This can make connections with the closest people to be tenuous, but can also be added closer.

Meet New Friends and Leave Old Friends

Working abroad, you will meet many new people and spend time with them. But at the same time, you will lose some old friends. The time difference abroad with Indonesia will make it rather difficult to communicate with old friends.

Language

Learning a new language is a must if you want to be able to communicate with the locals. It will also facilitate your transportation in that place by allowing you to see signs on the streets.

New Stories to Share

The experience you feel when working abroad can certainly be a story material to be shared with colleagues, family, relatives, and friends. Various experiences that you can also can make you a valuable lesson in life.

Homesick

This may be the biggest stumbling block when you live abroad. Homesickness can not be avoided and sometimes it will feel very heavy. Lots of stories of people who work abroad shorten or break the contract just because it missed home. Therefore before you make a decision, ask yourself what your target from working abroad so you do not easily give up when homesick hit.

Growing Personal and Professional

Being away from home alone is an experience that will help you to grow. You will become independent, independent, and stronger. You are also forced to have a more open mind because you have to adapt to the environment and the new culture. This experience can be an encouragement as you work and broaden your outlook after a task.

Never get discouraged by all the negative things. Over time, you will find new friends and will start to adapt well. If the opportunity is good, take it. Something that looks scary at the beginning will not seem creepy again when you succeeded in conquering it.

So how? Are you interested in working abroad?
doodle07

Activity: 311

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 05:35:00 AM

Life in abroad is so hard emotionally. Its hard in the fact that you are far away from your home and family, you need to be healthy because no one will take care of you if you got sick. And so to all overseas workers around the world, I salute you for all of your sacrifices!!!! Take Care Always and God Bless You Endlessly!!!!

GigTricks
WORLD FIRST INTEGRATED FREELANCE & ON-DEMAND ECOSYSTEMS
WHITEPAPER | BOUNTY | ANN THREAD
www.gigtricks.io
magnum357

Activity: 100

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 06:50:47 AM

Life working abroad is not easy but you need to prepare your self what happen when you are alone for the future of your family theres two things when you work abroad bad and good when you have employer is good your lucky theres successfull but if you have employer is bad your life is crazy there something happen not good thats why you need to prepare and always pray to God you guide always because working abroad is like gumbling theres a win and there is a loss.
Pumapipa

Activity: 462

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 07:04:12 AM

i for one have experienced first hand what it's like to be living abroad. Living abroad feels like your everyday life is just on repeat, no dynamics no thrills whatsoever. You Wil be used to a work home cycle kind of life. Some get bored and this is where people actually experience depression
The crying for no reason.
Life abroad for me is the most vicious decision I have ever made. Just being with your family on a screen is closest that you can get. If only there are more opportunities in my country then I will not be sacrificing my life here.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: