Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 08:42:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will it make sense if someone turned bitcoin into paper money?  (Read 411 times)
kjnfmplm (OP)

Activity: 364
Merit: 6

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2018, 09:19:07 AM

Just crossed my mind today. Will it make sense if someone will create a paper money equivalent of bitcoin? And the coins will be the smallest unit of bitcoin, Satoshi? Like the currency today?  I think it is okay if it became a globally accepted currency. And it will serve as a payment for everyday goods. What do you think?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
First77

Activity: 266
Merit: 32

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 09:25:35 AM

US Dollars, Euro, UK Pound, Japanese Yen, Chinese Yuan etc..... are the money.

Buy Bitcoin with money. When you sell Bitcoin you get money.
mezzaluna

Activity: 518
Merit: 23

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 09:26:55 AM

A good idea but terrible for the World economy. You see, foreign exchange (the trade for fiat) has been develop as an investment too. This kind of system would only be effective if and only all countries in the world have the same state of technology and economy. Having one currency would mean same prices for the same goods all over the world, but what would that do to third world countries? Make it poorer and no more chance of development.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
PLINKO    |7| SLOTS     (+) ROULETTE    ▼ BIT SPINBITVESTPLAY or INVEST ║ ✔ Rainbot  ✔ Happy Hours  ✔ Faucet
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Pursuer
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163

Where is my ring of blades...

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 09:30:19 AM

no because the whole idea of bitcoin is that you don't rely on a centralized party to print out money for you which then not only you have to put your trust in them but also give up control to them.

bitcoin is designed so you rely on this distributed among peers ledger called blockchain. everything is there and should be there in a decentralized manner, the printing money in bitcoin is the block reward.

Only Bitcoin
Carlsen

Activity: 910
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 09:30:47 AM
Merited by mocacinno (1)

Just crossed my mind today. Will it make sense if someone will create a paper money equivalent of bitcoin? And the coins will be the smallest unit of bitcoin, Satoshi? Like the currency today?  I think it is okay if it became a globally accepted currency. And it will serve as a payment for everyday goods. What do you think?
If you mean to print a wallet and the keys to it on a piece of paper and use that as payment like a dollar note, that will not work.
The bitcoins are still on the blockchain and everybody who gets that piece of paper will have all access date to remove them to a different address.
Very soon the coins will not be anymore on the address shown on the paper, so the paper note becomes worthless.

It's me!!!
tech72

Activity: 427
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2018, 09:33:43 AM

I think similar topic was raised by some member a while back too. For your idea, it will be really good for Bitcoin but the laws don't allow you to print money I guess. Also, Bitcoins exist virtually so each paper coin should somehow be backed by equivalent amount in Bitcoin. Also, it should be some trustable authority under control of government so the money printed is safe and that will only happen if government make Bitcoin a legal tender.

Buying Instagram followers from Zeru.com was a smart move. Real profiles, quick delivery, and an organic boost to my presence. Fantastic service, highly satisfied.
Zeru.com exceeded my expectations. Bought Instagram followers, and my profile skyrocketed. Genuine engagement, prompt delivery—best investment in my online presence.
Absolutely thrilled with Zeru.com. Purchased Instagram followers, and the results are phenomenal. Authentic growth, reliable service, and exceptional customer support. Highly recommend.
Zeru.com is a game-changer. Acquired Instagram followers, and my influence soared. Organic engagement, instant delivery, and excellent customer service. Truly satisfied with the results.
Zeru.com delivered real YouTube subscribers, skyrocketing my channel's success. Trustworthy, efficient, and effective. The best investment for content creators.
Incredible service from Zeru.com. The Instagram likes I purchased were delivered instantly, boosting my online presence. Highly recommended for influencers.
Phenomenal experience with Zeru.com. Bought YouTube views and witnessed instant growth. Authentic engagement, timely delivery, and top-notch customer service. Absolutely satisfied.
Zeru.com is a game-changer. Buying Twitter followers from them boosted my online presence. Authenticity, quick delivery, and stellar customer service – a winning combination for social media success.
Zeru.com delivers as promised. Facebook likes purchase led to enhanced visibility. Trustworthy, efficient, and a game-changer for anyone aiming to boost social media presence.
Zeru.com delivers as promised. Increased my Instagram views instantly. Quality service, quick results, and their team ensures satisfaction. A reliable choice.
Impressed with Zeru.com prompt service and genuine YouTube likes. Increased engagement and visibility have skyrocketed my channel's success. Highly recommend.
Buying Facebook followers from Zeru.com was a game-changer. Authentic profiles, quick delivery, and excellent customer support. Highly recommended for growth. 5/5 Stars rating.
Zeru.com exceeded my expectations. The TikTok followers I bought were high-quality, instantly elevating my content and giving my profile the attention it deserves.
Zeru.com delivers TikTok likes that matter. Genuine engagement, instant credibility, and a noticeable spike in my video views. An absolute game-changer.
Zeru.com
SocialMediaPanel.com is my trusted partner for social growth. Their SMM Panel, Social Media Panel, delivers authentic social media engagement, boosting my online presence effectively.
Harlot

Activity: 1806
Merit: 671

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 09:34:52 AM

If that will happen then the point of Bitcoin becoming a virtual currency would be worthless. It is like making Bitcoin into a regular fiat currency and removing all of its features. Also thinking of its legality making Bitcoin as a paper currency competing to other fiat currency will be more serious and governments would have a second thought on being lose to Bitcoin, they might pursue on making Bitcoin illegal again. This idea would be bad for us users and also Bitcoin. I don't even think that this would be an option in the future.
Nhebu

Activity: 616
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 09:34:57 AM

Bitcoin is not like as fiat currency though it has the same usage as money. I can't imagine how bitcoin will be transferred in real money. For example, if you have 1BTC and it is equal to 10k usd right now and you want to buy a piece of paper that costs around 1usd only. I think it is difficult to divide your money. I don't know how it will be changed if you will buy it in the store.
Bitcoin is a digital currency. It can never be made in real money, unless you will make it as your souvenir coin.
Qartersa

Activity: 868
Merit: 535

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 09:35:13 AM

It does not make sense because the selling point of Bitcoin's innovation is its efficiency that is at par with times. If you turn Bitcoin into paper money, what then is the essence of Bitcoin? Isn't it we want it because there is no more need for us to carry a huge amount of money wherever we go to pay bills, travel, and etc.? We need not ask for change when we exact payments? We need not worry of thieves going after us since we have a huge amount with us? That is the spirit behind Bitcoin. The reason cryptos are around because there is a belief that time will come all transactions will be paperless. Thus, your imagination is beyond reason I cannot help but get disappointed.
findingthemoon

Activity: 252
Merit: 123

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 09:49:33 AM

If you mean to print a wallet and the keys to it on a piece of paper and use that as payment like a dollar note, that will not work.
The bitcoins are still on the blockchain and everybody who gets that piece of paper will have all access date to remove them to a different address.
Very soon the coins will not be anymore on the address shown on the paper, so the paper note becomes worthless.

It is possible to hide the keys in a way that destroys the note or otherwise reveals the key has been broken into in order to reveal it, the same way casascius coins and newer designs work.

It would make money much more difficult to fake as well as anyone could check the public address if in doubt to the notes authenticity.
November11

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 09:54:11 AM

In my opinion, this is absolutely impossible. and all the main advantages of bitcoin will be lost !!!
Mhedz

Activity: 336

ELYSIAN | Pre-TGE 5.21.2018 | TGE 6.04.2018

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2018, 10:16:20 AM

This idea sounds interesting but impossible. We know that  bitcoin has a limited supply and it can't be a papermoney .Come to think also that bitcoin value is indefinite,how could it be? And what happen to cryptoworld if bitcoin turns to papermoney?

zenrol28
Copper Member

Activity: 854
Merit: 110

Give Hope For Everyone!

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2018, 10:41:48 AM

No, it does not make sense at all. Why make a paper equivalent of bitcoin where bitcoin is an electronic cash. If you will see Satoshi Nakamoto's white paper the title says it all. "Bitcoin: A Peer-to-Peer Electronic Cash System"

Pantoflascrypt017

Activity: 112
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 10:46:41 AM

Like somebody else said we buy bitcoin with our paper money and then sell it back to get more paper money, so no this wouldn't make sense, also then the controls and authenticity of it would be much harder to follow as there would be no algorithm preventing more being printed, also the name itself is BitCoin not BitPaper so no i definitely do not see that happening there is no reason why somebody cant just print their own replica though i guess

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion  ✔  Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency  ✔  TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️    ★    ✔ VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
VitKoyn

Activity: 490
Merit: 106

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 10:51:36 AM

I think you are saying that if someone prints a Bitcoin paper wallet and use it as a fiat currency, will it work? yes but it doesn't make sense, lets say you purchase something and you want to use that paper wallet that contains Bitcoin to pay for it, I don't think it's a good idea for a seller to receive a paper wallet as payment because the one who printed those paper wallet knows the private key, so he can just use the paper wallet to pay for things and just import the private key to a wallet and send all the Bitcoin to another address. Bitcoin was designed to be a digital currency and intangible, and for you to have a secure transactions, all transactions should be broadcast to its network and gets confirmed.
jefrihunter

Activity: 225

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 11:02:02 AM

Am agree with all here who said it doesnt make sense at all.. I cant imagine if it happen, moreever in my country bitcoin forbiden to be exchange Only allow for investment..

sirkings0003

Activity: 252
Merit: 10

Telegram: https://t.me/ViolaAI

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 11:13:38 AM

I do not think will make any sense. It would have lost its value when this happens. By that you will make it almost impossible for it to be used for international, border-less smooth transaction and transfer of value.

LOVE on the Blockchain (Viola.AI): Telegram: https://t.me/ViolaAI | Website: http://bit.ly/Viola-AI-BitCoinTalk | Watch the CEO: http://bit.ly/MessagefromCEO | http://bit.ly/MessagefromCEO-CN
szpalata

Activity: 686
Merit: 253

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 12:53:42 PM

I do not think will make any sense. It would have lost its value when this happens. By that you will make it almost impossible for it to be used for international, border-less smooth transaction and transfer of value.

That is correct and it will even make bitcoin loose its anonymity and many governments around the world will be able to impede bitcoin's development and make stringent laws in order to make it appear centralized and under their control unlike what we see now.
alyssa85
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1088

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 12:56:30 PM

We already have a paper money world! There are 190 different paper currencies to choose from.

Satoshi's breakthrough was how to create digital cash that couldn't be doublespent. It need to be on the net because that's the whole point of it.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit InvestBox.|.BUY X10 AND EARN 10% DAILY.🏆
xindoa

Activity: 194
Merit: 12

Staker.network - POS Smart Contract ETH Token

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2018, 12:58:20 PM

if you make paper money out of bitcoin you lose the whole concept op the currency. centralization will happen again and we are back to square one then imo

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: