Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 11:39:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BUYING GOLD WITH BITCOINS?  (Read 1601 times)
wigo21 (OP)

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 26, 2013, 06:44:36 AM

Does anyone know a good reputable site where someone can buy gold with bitcoins? I am looking for competitive rates on the gold, not just any site. Any input would be greatly  appreciated.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
PinkBatman

Activity: 267
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 26, 2013, 04:44:11 PM

I like Agora and Amagi.
MoneyGod

Activity: 406

View Profile
September 26, 2013, 06:17:39 PM

its also good for this  bitcoincommodities  and you can check reddit also

amagimetals

Activity: 519
Merit: 501

:|: AmagiMetals :|: AnthemGold :|: HERC :|:

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2013, 08:58:38 PM

Does anyone know a good reputable site where someone can buy gold with bitcoins? I am looking for competitive rates on the gold, not just any site. Any input would be greatly  appreciated.

There's only one company on this list that accepts BTC, and that's us.

https://comparesilverprices.com

AmagiMetals.com is a global eCommerce precious metals retailer and advocates for free markets, free choice, financial responsibility, and sound money.
Join us on: Facebook - Twitter - Google Plus
Veldt Gold

Activity: 295

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2013, 04:41:18 AM

I like Agora and Amagi.

Thanks for the recommendation! We are proud that we have earned your confidence!

We haven't paid to be listed on the compare sites because we believe giving the lowest prices for precious metals and fastest shipping times is the best way to show how dedicated we are to sound money investments.

That being said, please take a look at our price matching. If you find it for less you can be sure that we will match it Wink

VELDT GOLD - your full service bitcoin to bullion dealer!
p2pbucks

Activity: 642
Merit: 500

Evolution is the only way to survive

View Profile
September 28, 2013, 05:15:45 AM

dont do that  Grin
i prefer selling gold for bitcoin  Roll Eyes
dozerz
Legendary

Activity: 2214
Merit: 1057

View Profile
September 28, 2013, 08:52:50 AM

i swap gold for bitcoin, heraeus bars along with maples, phils in fractions and fractional andorran eagles.

space for rent, shilling for sats
ReBoRn

Activity: 392

Bitcoin will survive

View Profile
September 28, 2013, 10:57:30 AM

dont do that  Grin

currently its better bet sell you gold for bitcoins

Veldt Gold

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2013, 04:24:06 AM

dont do that  Grin

currently its better bet sell you gold for bitcoins

We buy your gold for bitcoin too  Wink

kosmokramer

Activity: 266

The Assman: CEO of Vandelay Import/Export, Inc.

View Profile
September 29, 2013, 05:54:54 AM
Last edit: September 30, 2013, 12:00:13 AM by kosmokramer

I purchased several large orders of gold and silver from Coinabul in the past. I was extremely disappointed with all of my transactions.

I had heard such great things about Amagi Metals, but I'm now in the middle of a large purchase with them and they're not meeting my expectations. Hoping their support can work things out on my silver order soon that's now going on a week and a half :/

I guess I'll have to try Agora next to see how they compare.

I don't think my expectations are that high; just prompt shipping (less than a week) for items that are listed as in-stock and receiving the items in "as advertised" condition!

Agora: how would you handle a situation where a customer orders items that are advertised as in-stock, but then are found to be out-of-stock soon after? Do you have a standard procedure for this situation?

firstbits: 1kosmo | PGP Public Key
Anon135246

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 29, 2013, 08:47:32 AM

I've heard that coinabul shipments can take weeks :S
kosmokramer

View Profile
September 29, 2013, 09:36:21 AM

I've heard that coinabul shipments can take weeks :S

Try months.

Anon135246

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 29, 2013, 11:41:30 AM

Really, is it that bad? :O
kosmokramer

View Profile
September 30, 2013, 12:13:26 AM

Really, is it that bad? :O

With Coinabul? Yes. Granted, my last order with them was 6-12 months ago, but according to recent reddit posts, they are still struggling to meet expectations.

The TL;DR of my Coinabul experience was that I placed several orders of gold/silver inventory that was listed as "in-stock". I even called them before each order verifying that every item I wanted was in-stock and would ship asap. I then proceeded to wait months and months with the only contact being calls/emails initiated by me; they would proceed to tell me "it should ship any day" ... and I would call the next week and hear the same thing. I spoke with Jon Holmquist nearly every time and he seemed absolutely powerless to do anything about my order. I feel like he was a scapegoat for many problems, poor guy. He ended up leaving Coinabul this spring I believe, and I have a hunch it was due to the fact that he wasn't comfortable with the way they did business. He seemed like a good guy stuck in a bad position.

They refused to refund me stating there is no point when it's about to ship. I waited, and waited, and waited, until I finally received products that were nothing like what I ordered. While they did throw in an extra ounce or two of silver, it was the worst junk silver I've personally seen. It looked like it had been robbed from someone's house ... bars branded with sayings like "Happy birthday Mary - 1982" or "Happy Hanukkah 1976". When I complained that I was unsatisfied with the condition, Jay told me to clean it, and that I should be happy that he gave me an ounce or two extra.

I will refrain from leaving any sort of review for Amagi until I actually hear back from their support and see what they deliver. I've heard great things, but my order has now been stuck at "Payment Received" for a week and a half with no further update ... it's starting to feel a lot like Coinabul and I'm hoping they're just busy or this is an isolated issue with something I ordered. Either way, I sure wish they would communicate better :/

BuyGoldWithBitcoin

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2014, 09:01:00 AM

Thanks everyone for providing your personal reviews. My experience with four vendors during one week is documented on a website I made for this purpose. Unexpected things happened ranging from extra shipping charges to catastrophic server crashes.

http://buygoldwithbitcoin.com

If you're thinking of buying gold with bitcoin drop by and read my reviews and keep up on the latest news. Drop some comments regarding your recent purchases.

I hope this information is useful to the bitcoin community. I have two more reviews to publish from the first test purchase, and another four purchases should be scheduled soon. It takes a lot of time with all the screenshots. I have no idea how much interest this is drawing. If you like it, please share it forward. Happy stacking!
Veldt Gold

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2014, 12:23:14 AM

I purchased several large orders of gold and silver from Coinabul in the past. I was extremely disappointed with all of my transactions.

I had heard such great things about Amagi Metals, but I'm now in the middle of a large purchase with them and they're not meeting my expectations. Hoping their support can work things out on my silver order soon that's now going on a week and a half :/

I guess I'll have to try Agora next to see how they compare.

I don't think my expectations are that high; just prompt shipping (less than a week) for items that are listed as in-stock and receiving the items in "as advertised" condition!

Agora: how would you handle a situation where a customer orders items that are advertised as in-stock, but then are found to be out-of-stock soon after? Do you have a standard procedure for this situation?

Sorry for the late reply. If we run out of a product then we will contact the customer and tell them about the delay and explain what is happening in the current market to cause the situation. We will then fill the order with a comparable product or wait for the next shipment to come in depending on the wishes of the customer. 

We will also contact other vendors to see if we can fill it with them. This washes all of our profit margin but it is better for us to have a satisfied customer. Wink

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: