Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 10:09:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Who the FUCK is making bitcoin viruses?  (Read 9905 times)
onesalt (OP)

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 19, 2011, 02:15:50 PM

See what the hell this is? Do you? Some idiotic fucker has developed a virus which does nothing but run copies of the bitcoin mining client to generate coins for the viruses creator. This kind of moronic shit is going to get bitcoin a really fucking bad reputation exceedingly quickly, especially with security companies (who would then be liable to automatically block any bitcoin client from running on the machine since it's suspect malicious software). Especially if it gets bitcoin classed as a botnet operation because then you get a whole load of countries cyber-defence agencies involved, which is going to kill the project dead.

I don't expect it's anyone here but if it is cut that shit out now, before you ruin this for fucking everyone.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Elokane

Activity: 817
Merit: 1000

Truth is a consensus among neurons www.synereo.com

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2011, 02:18:28 PM

I am shocked and appalled

Synereo: liberating the Internet from abusive business models.

Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart, he dreams himself your master.
<br>
chiropteran

Activity: 348
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2011, 02:23:17 PM

You mean like how credit cards are gone now since some viruses and botnets stole credit card numbers?

cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 19, 2011, 02:24:51 PM

go and look at all of the OP's personal posts.  he's a troll.
onesalt (OP)

View Profile
July 19, 2011, 02:26:32 PM

You gonna substantiate that or is this forum literally going to be a witchhunt of "WELL THIS GUY DOESN'T AGREE WITH ME I GUESS HE MUST BE A TROLL" while everyone else stands around the pyre with pitchforks and torches screaming "TROLL TROLL TROLL".

Becuase its this kinda shit that got these very forums taken off the bitcoin website, but whatever.
onesalt (OP)

View Profile
July 19, 2011, 02:28:39 PM

Incidently:
http://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?action=printpage;topic=21524.0
So it's not like someone hasn't been deliberating working towards this shit.
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 19, 2011, 02:30:43 PM

You gonna substantiate that or is this forum literally going to be a witchhunt of "WELL THIS GUY DOESN'T AGREE WITH ME I GUESS HE MUST BE A TROLL" while everyone else stands around the pyre with pitchforks and torches screaming "TROLL TROLL TROLL".

Becuase its this kinda shit that got these very forums taken off the bitcoin website, but whatever.

you know the BTC is starting to go back up?  you might get fired.
Tasty Champa

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 19, 2011, 02:40:08 PM

you can guarantee everyone are here.
Tasty Champa

Activity: 84

View Profile
July 19, 2011, 02:44:33 PM

you know the BTC is starting to go back up?  you might get fired.

it would be cheaper to just buy all the coins. xD
nakowa

Activity: 83

View Profile
July 19, 2011, 02:46:49 PM

Hope one day this community have a "police station"...
indicasteve

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2011, 02:58:14 PM

Pretty lame mining virus... using 0% CPU.  Not a whole lotta hashing going on.

Art Express!  Native American Art, Crafts and Weapons!  coingig.com/ArtExpress
TheBitMan

Activity: 280

View Profile
July 19, 2011, 03:03:46 PM

Hope one day this community have a "police station"...
I said that a long time ago and got yelled at  Embarrassed
xlcus
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1009

View Profile
July 19, 2011, 03:05:29 PM

Pretty lame mining virus... using 0% CPU.  Not a whole lotta hashing going on.
GPU?
Bobnova

Activity: 210

View Profile
July 19, 2011, 03:12:09 PM

Welcome to two weeks ago.  Banning the CPU botnet miners is what kicked off the bitcoin wide DDOS.

BTC:  1AURXf66t7pw65NwRiKukwPq1hLSiYLqbP
bitfreak!
Legendary

Activity: 1536
Merit: 1000

electronic [r]evolution

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2011, 03:36:21 PM

What I wanna know is how you dead shits manage to get these viruses in the first place...I mean it totally amazes me. Do you guys just download warez all day long or something?

It is no surprise what so ever that mining trojans are now in the wild. A decent botnet could generate some massive profit via bitcoin mining. Now they don't need to lend out their botnets to anyone or deal with stupid spam.

All they need to do is make the victims PC run some mining app in the background and they have a constant money inflow. This will only continue to gain popularity amongst botnet owners.

In order to avoid becoming a part of such a botnet one must take the proper precautions when browsing and downloading from the internet. 95% of the time these precautions will keep you clean.

What are these precautions you may ask? Well there are a few simple things you can do to immediately increase your defenses exponentially. These instructions are aimed at users of Windows machines.

1) Have a good virus and malware scanner (eg Avira AntiVir and MalwareBytes)
2) Have a good firewall(s) and system monitor (eg COMODO and WinPatrol)
3) Have some sort of spam-filter for your emails and don't open anything suspicious.
4) Use the NoScript and AdBlock Plus browser add-ons or similar. This is important,
    you are much safer to disable scripting on all websites and white-list those
    that you trust. NoScript for Firefox is very good.
5) Don't run suspicious files and always scan files before you run them unless you
    trust the file is 100% safe. Keep an eye on your Firewall and system monitor to
    see if the file tries to do anything suspicious.

There are many other things you can do, and although some of those things may appear to be quite complex or tedious at first it really is worth the extra effort to do these things.

XCN: CYsvPpb2YuyAib5ay9GJXU8j3nwohbttTz | BTC: 18MWPVJA9mFLPFT3zht5twuNQmZBDzHoWF
Cryptonite - 1st mini-blockchain altcoin | BitShop - digital shop script
Web Developer - PHP, SQL, JS, AJAX, JSON, XML, RSS, HTML, CSS
bitcon
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1008

View Profile
July 19, 2011, 04:25:24 PM

DonnyCMU

Activity: 143

View Profile
July 19, 2011, 04:35:16 PM

Because you don't agree with him?
chiropteran

Activity: 348

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2011, 04:39:54 PM

Because you don't agree with him?

Because he has green skin, warts, a massive body size, he holds a club, and sunlight turns him to stone.

pekv2

Activity: 770
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 19, 2011, 04:41:22 PM

What I wanna know is how you dead shits manage to get these viruses in the first place...I mean it totally amazes me. Do you guys just download warez all day long or something?

It is no surprise what so ever that mining trojans are now in the wild. A decent botnet could generate some massive profit via bitcoin mining. Now they don't need to lend out their botnets to anyone or deal with stupid spam.

All they need to do is make the victims PC run some mining app in the background and they have a constant money inflow. This will only continue to gain popularity amongst botnet owners.

In order to avoid becoming a part of such a botnet one must take the proper precautions when browsing and downloading from the internet. 95% of the time these precautions will keep you clean.

What are these precautions you may ask? Well there are a few simple things you can do to immediately increase your defenses exponentially. These instructions are aimed at users of Windows machines.

1) Have a good virus and malware scanner (eg Avira AntiVir and MalwareBytes)
2) Have a good firewall(s) and system monitor (eg COMODO and WinPatrol)
3) Have some sort of spam-filter for your emails and don't open anything suspicious.
4) Use the NoScript and AdBlock Plus browser add-ons or similar. This is important,
    you are much safer to disable scripting on all websites and white-list those
    that you trust. NoScript for Firefox is very good.
5) Don't run suspicious files and always scan files before you run them unless you
    trust the file is 100% safe. Keep an eye on your Firewall and system monitor to
    see if the file tries to do anything suspicious.

There are many other things you can do, and although some of those things may appear to be quite complex or tedious at first it really is worth the extra effort to do these things.

I was wondering the same. How'd he get it in the first place, not stating he is a morn either.

Those are very good suggestions, I've been using these utility's and + more for a long time.

I could add to the suggestions as well.

With the above +
Superantispyware, Microsoft Security Essentials[In which runs in the back ground, monitoring etc.]
CCleaner which everybody should know of.
I recommend as said above Comodo x64, specially if you are on a Win7 64bit OS. Set you Comodo firewall to CUSTOM and not SAFE MODE.
HiJackthis + a recommended security forums.

I probably missed a few but with this above quote & what I post is pretty much damn tight security.
gnaget

Activity: 154
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 19, 2011, 04:41:44 PM

It's me. If you want to just send me the coins now then I will whitelist your computer from the virus.

Don't go taking credit for my work.  Send me the coins, and I will actually whitelist your computer from the virus.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: