Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 07:21:50 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Reading Whitepapers  (Read 23715 times)
xanaxxx

Activity: 280
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 05:02:34 PM

reading whitepapers is a great source of information for new people to the cryptospace, alot of these concepts seem very not needed sometimes I recommend you new folks to read Mybit whitepaper it will definetely open your eyes to a few pockets of the blockchains usage with certain sectors of the cryptosphere.

Anybody else has a couple of informative whitepapers, that opened your eyes to a certain technology or undervalued market or just good information?
Im about to read deeponion's!

you should read every white paper of project you're considering attractive for your investment. It's probably the point number one along with team members back check. I always read it
SalenDeveloper
Copper Member

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 05:03:23 PM

Whitepapers have such an important place in project's development.
Ant112990 (OP)

Activity: 21

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 05:05:03 PM

The first thing I do when I get acquainted with a new project is study WhitePaper. Only there you can find all the necessary information about the project, including the Idea, Team, Prototype, Token Sale and much more.

Yeah, I usually read the whitepaper last.. but most of those topics you touched in the second part of your sentence is usually mentioned on the website in a summary form.. the whitepaper gets real technical on the other hand.

You can also verify ICO's if they have a prototype before they hit the market on ICO bench.
johstacy

Activity: 225
Merit: 103

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 05:05:31 PM

Try to read the whitepaper of Quantum1net, you can find the link below in the signature. I myself did not fully understand all the technical nuances. I think this is exactly what you asked for. Read and deeply understand.

terible.hunter

Activity: 490
Merit: 10

Bitfresh - iGaming with 90s UI

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 05:09:16 PM

Reading white paper is necessary because recently the developers intend to not write important points about the project in a prominent place. This requires reading white paper, but it is rarely read.

Ant112990 (OP)

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 05:17:29 PM

reading whitepapers is a great source of information for new people to the cryptospace, alot of these concepts seem very not needed sometimes I recommend you new folks to read Mybit whitepaper it will definetely open your eyes to a few pockets of the blockchains usage with certain sectors of the cryptosphere.

Anybody else has a couple of informative whitepapers, that opened your eyes to a certain technology or undervalued market or just good information?
Reading whitepaper is always become a great source but not all of the whitepaper has been written properly by the developer. Look at some projects that created crap whitepaper and it just like created by seven years old kid.

But looks like the majority of people consider the whitepaper as a source to get the more information regarding ico rather than try to understand that as a source to get a certain explanation about a new technology.

Yeah, if I see a badly written whitepaper.. The first thing ill check to second guess the ICO is if they are a foreign company. If Not I would definitely pass.
asdalani

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 05:24:52 PM

Whitepapers have such an important place in project's development.
Reading what the project is about can be found in the Whitepaper. If the project does not have a Whitepaper on their website then send the developer an email and ask for one.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
tinhhoatanna

Activity: 69

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 05:25:55 PM

In terms of white papers, i think that it's a must to see these things in a good wp:
Inform the public of the project,
What they want to accomplish,
Why they believe their product is needed,
Their roadmap which is a timeline of milestones they want to reach and when
Their methods for meeting their goals
(If it is a project that will hold an ICO) You can also find how they will distribute the tokens that are created.
lovela

Activity: 126

I don't think sMerit harvesting is a serious crime

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2018, 05:28:22 PM

I never do read white papers and it's just time wasting in my own opinion. I am just thinking that others will do in my favor and when that project is good then their market capital would rise otherwise they're staying on the ground and dropping. And I am assuming that you couldn't get any good ideas on that project's white paper.
I prefer telegram community over white papers because all your inquiries will be answered if that Telegram community has more active members.
I just mean, I trust more Telegram Channels rather than white papers.

____________________A I T H E O N____________________       [   JOIN THE WHITELIST   ]
The digital ecosystem simplifying your world through A.I., robotic, and human symbiosis
█ ██ ███     WHITEPAPER     |     TELEGRAM     |     TWITTER     |     INSTAGRAM     ███ ██ █
SalmanMJ9

Activity: 462
Merit: 12

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2018, 05:29:35 PM

I actually enjoy reading whitepapers as they have a lot of insight about markets in general and technology. However, before reading any whitepaper I like to go through the basic thing to save my time, looking at the team, roadmap, if they're able to explain the project in one sentence or not  Grin

One tip: don't invest in any project without reading their whitepaper, it tells you a lot about it and its future  Cool
Ant112990 (OP)

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 05:30:49 PM

I am sure that few people study the project, mostly all rely on someone. I study not only the companies to which I want to invest my money, but also the companies to which I am going to participate in bounty.

When you say the companies to which you are going to participate in bounty, are you saying you are attracted to companies with fruitful bounty programs? Please ellaborate more on that.
rosabella

Activity: 128
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 05:31:06 PM

Good Whitepapers to explore for you:
Bitcoin White Paper: https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Ethereum Homestead Document: http://www.ethdocs.org/en/latest/
OmiseGo White Paper: https://cdn.omise.co/omg/whitepaper.pdf
nakamote

Activity: 210

WINSTARS - We are changing the face of gambling

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 05:35:05 PM

Reading whitepaper would be better because you will know how the project will work or what are they planning to its development,most of the successful ICOs has good whitepapers,and most of these ICOs are getting success because of the rodmap so whitepaper and roadmap would be a good factor on how these projects will do in the future.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
WINSTARS -   We are changing the face of gamblingWHITEPAPERANN THREADTELEGRAMFACEBOOK ● Twitter
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
febrian1705

Activity: 170

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 05:37:19 PM

The first thing I do when I get acquainted with a new project is study WhitePaper. Only there you can find all the necessary information about the project, including the Idea, Team, Prototype, Token Sale and much more.
I agree with your opinion.

with us reading whitepapers we can better understand the contents of the projects we are working on,
raul lemos

Activity: 133

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 05:37:26 PM

currently i just reading fiancie whitepaper because that is the project im joining on. reading whitepaper is useful and u can know so much new knowledge and latest news about technology. i suggest you to read whitepaper that contain like, technology or new environtment and environtment  issues, or merging culture, that way you also learn the world we are now living.
Ctn

Activity: 644
Merit: 259

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 05:47:40 PM

Reading whitepaper is very important when you want to get to know the crypto projects. I have seen many whitepaper until now but they all seem to me copy paste work from the past paper. They do not interest in the readings at all.

I have seen some of the good reads in the past from social coin, and most recently from the DIW for which I'm wearing the signature right now. This has been some thoughtful whitepaper with proper agenda and future goals described. Do check them out. :-)
ETHtotheMOON1

Activity: 280
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 05:52:07 PM

I don't fancy reading white papers either as it takes too long Smiley but it's necessary to understand the project as see how competent is the team and what chance has the product to moon

▰▰▰▰ BLACK ▰▰▰▰
 ▰▰▰▰ Insurance Company on Blockchain  ▰▰▰▰
http://www.black.insure/
Ant112990 (OP)

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 10:24:07 PM

You can judge the project's direction thru its whitepaper it is the core of each projects,most commonly the project's goal and future will depend on it,but whitepaper isnt the most valuable thing that we need to check,for me it is the team behind it,because whitepaper and roadmaps cant be done without the progress of the people behimd the project.

Yes, A great team with a bad idea can make something happen. A great idea with a bad team is worthless!
Ant112990 (OP)

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 10:38:28 PM

Good Whitepapers to explore for you:
Bitcoin White Paper: https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Ethereum Homestead Document: http://www.ethdocs.org/en/latest/
OmiseGo White Paper: https://cdn.omise.co/omg/whitepaper.pdf

Thanks, ill add to the list.
Ant112990 (OP)

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 10:50:24 PM

I don't fancy reading white papers either as it takes too long Smiley but it's necessary to understand the project as see how competent is the team and what chance has the product to moon

80 percent of the time you have to do things you dont want to when its beneficial to you, telegram is definetely a great way to get clarifications in a easier manner so I commend you on finding a way around the whitepaper. But you cant depend on others to inform you, sometimes theres hidden gems in the paper that allow you to recognize other tech in other companies, just try reading one a week, when your bored it doesnt take no more than 30 mins.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »
  Print  

Jump to: