Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 09:58:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Reading Whitepapers  (Read 23710 times)
ohkkstaaahp

Activity: 378
Merit: 10

“The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem”

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 04:08:24 PM

The first thing I do when I get acquainted with a new project is study WhitePaper. Only there you can find all the necessary information about the project, including the Idea, Team, Prototype, Token Sale and much more.
Reading materials is very useful for those who want to achieve, I always look for the useful material of experienced people to leave, where they write and share with me the experience to get rich, the New ideas and the most effective ways to invest, I like to read the books of successful people say their success.

PalmerLaura

Activity: 116

IPSX: Distributed Network Layer

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 05:26:04 PM

Sure I've read lots of good whitepapers that really help you to figure out how the certain technology works. For example whitepaper of MyWish helped me to understand smart contracts better.

jan.nicolas

Activity: 672
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 05:28:00 PM

Reading white paper today is a rarity. To be honest, I do not read it myself often. I read only general information about the project and a little technical documentation and that's it. Of course you need to read it completely, but then there will not be enough time.
btcpara

Activity: 182
Merit: 22

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 05:28:34 PM

Don’t be afraid to look up words you don’t know, and don’t be afraid to learn something new.
Sure it can be tedious and overwhelming but if you’re interested in deepening your knowledge of this space, white papers are a good source and there are plenty out there for you to explore.
After you’ve read over a few of them you’ll begin to develop a better sense of what makes a good white paper, which is also an indication of the quality of the crypto project itself.
You’ll notice things like:

What kind of info they are leaving out
If their project has legitimate use cases
The type of philosophies that are behind the project.
Slowly but surely you’ll begin honing your skills and developing more confidence in your knowledge of this space.
JcJet

Activity: 60
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 05:46:22 PM
Merited by philipma1957 (1)

reading whitepapers is a great source of information for new people to the cryptospace, alot of these concepts seem very not needed sometimes I recommend you new folks to read Mybit whitepaper it will definetely open your eyes to a few pockets of the blockchains usage with certain sectors of the cryptosphere.

Anybody else has a couple of informative whitepapers, that opened your eyes to a certain technology or undervalued market or just good information?
Im about to read deeponion's!
I don't think that reading whitepapers is the best source of information to learn about blockchain technology.
When you invest in token, you need to read whitepapers, obviously, and as a side effect, it can increase your understanding if you google every unfamiliar terms. But whitepaters aren't real scientific papers. Some of them look like it, but for those familiar with science there is often a lot of useless stuff in them, groundless claims, and often lacking important stuff, but you might not notice it. They're good for learning about about a particular project, but not the technologies.

It's better to aim for the scientific papers. This is a source of knowlege that haven't been (or never will be) printed in books yet, let alone any blogs, forums, whitepapers, seminars.
Alredy mentioned classic Satoshi work is a good start:
https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
More bitcoin research here:
https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Research
And sometimes you can find something interesting relating to blockchain in such libraries as:
https://arxiv.org/

It's important to learn how to read these papers efficiently. First of all, accept as a fact that you can't read them all. Proper science papers designed by the strict rules, exactly to make reading as efficient as possible.
First you read the title. If it sound interesting, continue.
Read the abstract. If you interested in these things, continue (there's no "additional gems", if there's nothing for you in abstract).
Then you read the conclusion. To see if there's valuable results (they could be negative but still interesting to go furher to see why). And if you still interested, then read the paper.
If you liked it and it's not too old, don't skip the references section, you can often find very interesting papers there.

It's good to know how real science papers are written and get used to it. When reading the whitepapers and comparing them between projects, it'll be more clear what are strong and weak points of the project. It can be an additional metric when looking at ICO: is their whitepaper looks more like science paper or like advertising booklet.
Akselrod

Activity: 434
Merit: 104

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 07:17:32 PM

Some people find reading whitepaper tedious and overwhelming but if we’re interested in deepening your knowledge of this space, white papers are a good source and there are plenty out there for us to explore.
After reading over a few of them we’ll begin to develop a better sense of what makes a good white paper, which is also an indication of the quality of the crypto project itself.

Honestly, I do not often read whitepapers, but I think if I participate in bounty, sometimes this can not be done. Now if you're going to invest a lot of money, then it already becomes a necessity.
Geoffrey Walker

Activity: 101
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 07:20:20 PM

I usually take IOTA's white paper and DecentBet's white paper as a standard to evaluate the elements of other white papers:
For IOTA: https://iota.org/IOTA_Whitepaper.pdf
For DecentBet: https://www.decent.bet/whitepaper/
ChinkyEyes

Activity: 687
Merit: 301

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 07:24:50 PM

Study the whitepaper, background check the team, look at the potential, consider the price per token/coin. These are things I do before investing in a project. A lot of coins have zero potential, they are creating a coin/token with the most stupid idea that will never ever have real world usage. It is important to know the differences between a good idea and a great idea.

White papers are just one of the many things that need to be checked. Let's not forget critical questions about the project. Information missing in the whitepaper maybe acquired by just asking the developers.
sycaburatan

Activity: 196

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 07:30:05 PM

Reading whitepaper is a good way to find reason why you should invest to a coin,doing research before investing is the only way to eliminate these shitcoins in the market,you will have good chance of good returns when you have chosen the best investments that you have,it will maximize your investments to its full potentials and never trust anyone's recommendation so you wont regret at the end.

cryptodagger

Activity: 224

Stable coin to make charity free for everyone

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 07:41:22 PM

That is a smart move from a newbie like you,because most of the new folks that are getting rekt doesnt conduct any research that is why they are losing a lot of money with these shitcoins,reading whitepaper will really give you a good idea if that investment or project will be worthy or worthless,also after reading the whitepaper you can search the team's credibility and the product's use in our reall world.

mautenisis

Activity: 274

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 07:50:06 PM

Reading whitepaper is a good way to identify if a project is a worthy investment or not,because you can find all the informations about the project with reading whitepapers,almost of the shit projects out there doesnt have good whitepapers so it will really help you to find these coin investments over a bunch of worthless projects in the market.

NOIZ
⇐ ● A decentralized cognitive ad network ● ⇒
○ ○ ○ ➀ WEBSITEWHITEPAPERTELEGRAMTWITTERFACEBOOK ○ ○ ○
saycryptohello

Activity: 574
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 07:53:07 PM

Of course, it is worth reading the white book to find out more information about the project. Also in good projects in white paper, you can find market research and problems that the project plans to solve. But unfortunately, you can often see that 50% of the information there is "water"
pedropendukot

Activity: 196
Merit: 12

Streamity Decentralized cryptocurrency exchange

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 08:08:32 PM

reading whitepapers is a great source of information for new people to the cryptospace, alot of these concepts seem very not needed sometimes I recommend you new folks to read Mybit whitepaper it will definetely open your eyes to a few pockets of the blockchains usage with certain sectors of the cryptosphere.

Anybody else has a couple of informative whitepapers, that opened your eyes to a certain technology or undervalued market or just good information?
Good move from a newbie,this will prevent you from being scammed by these shit projects because whitepaper would be the core of these projects,if the whitepaper is not well written or theres something wrong with it you shouldnt be investing because a good project will always have a good whitepaper,check also the roadmap of the team,profiles of the people behind the coin so you could eliminate these shit projects out of your way.

cryptobobo

Activity: 210

The P2P Marketplace For Digital Content

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 12:10:45 AM

This is very good to know that some of these newbies in our community is conducting a lot of time to read whitepapers,researching could save your ass because most of the people who are losing a lot of money didnt conduct any research before investing to these shitcoins,that is why we need to do a lot of research first so we could easily find good coins in the market.

aussiesloth

Activity: 266
Merit: 41

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 12:32:36 AM

The whitepaper should be a cornerstone of your decision to invest.

Don't necessarily get hung up on spelling at grammar if the dev team's native language is not English (or whatever your language is).  When I first started reading whitepapers, I'd baulk at any that had spelling and grammar issues, but then I realised that if the paper had been translated, I needed to focus on what they were trying to say, rather than the actual words on paper.

Ironically, if the devs and associated team *are* native english speakers, I place a great deal of weight on how well the paper is written.  Honestly, if you're going to launch a project, then getting a properly edited and professional-looking white paper should be a no brainer - it is *the* most important document on your project.
jc123

Activity: 83

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 12:40:23 AM

Always read them if your interested in investing coins.
tinylobsta

Activity: 2

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 12:40:56 AM

I tend to evaluate on two criteria: a thorough, deep analysis of the whitepaper, and by the team who created the whitepaper.

If neither stand up to scrutiny, I abandon ship. Not worth the time investment when there are so many other interesting teams doing cool stuff in the space.
OlinEmerson

Activity: 132

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 01:30:43 AM

I saw a post here some one said that who reads whitepaper and to that i say if you are going to invest in a coin reading white paper is a must because all the info about the project is given their from A to
jeanne513lefe

Activity: 50

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 02:36:59 AM

It is of crucial importance to read whitepapers before deciding to invest in any ICO, I suppose. Actually I dont think that all information that the founders include in their whitepapers is real, but the point is I can observe the way they introduce their projects. Normally I take the first look at the team behind the project to see whether their profiles are good enough, and then read the rest of the whitepaper (but not as carefully as the section of Development Team)

Same here! I always put more effort into researching the team behind the project. After all, a good project roadmap requires people capable of delivering those task and achieving the goals. However, I also never neglect the whitepapers. Even though I have no technical background and sometimes the tech explaining part can be hard for me to understand, I believe the team's ability to explain it's product to the general public (potential investors ) and convince them to actually invest in the project, reflects its marketing feasibility and their ambition/determination to make the project work.
Ethersocial
Copper Member

Activity: 110

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2018, 02:53:08 AM

Totally agree with you. Reading whitepapers is one of the most important ways to invest or choose coins! It could directly affect your profit!
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »
  Print  

Jump to: