Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 12:23:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Reading Whitepapers  (Read 23715 times)
Kryten12

Activity: 448
Merit: 15

TREEBLOCK

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 07:45:15 AM

Reading whitepapers is a very good source of information, and can help you to grasp some of the difficult to explain parts of the technology. Projects will usually pitch these at the mid to lower end of the spectrum experience wise to appeal to the widest possible audience. If you want to invest in ICO then a thorough read of the whitepaper is your minimum pre-requisite.

TREEBLOCK.io   //   TOKEN GENERATING EVENT
▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶   ICO is LIVE  》 JOIN NOW!   |■■■
Telegram    ●    LinkedIn    ●    Youtube    ●    Twitter
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 07:48:49 AM

First off noob.. duh, no one does (to address the topic title)

And more importantly what the fuck gives you all the impression that the "white paper" in crypto has any validity at all ?

Why ? Because greedy little assholes in crypto decided to premine all the coins then sell them to you and call it an "IPO" then later change it to "ICO" ?

Apparently around 2014 it became open season on all stock market terminology.
As well as the ideology we held here for years.

FUD first & ask questions later™
idioma1

Activity: 266
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 07:53:54 AM

I hear very often from newbies how to understand that ico will be sucessful and do not read WP. Yes it is not a comics but
it is a must read for an investor. In other case be ready to lose your funds.

altercreed

Activity: 434
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 08:28:21 AM

Reading a long whitepaper can be headache but it's the least you can do to check and see if what was written on it is realistic enough. With that, you can already decide if the ICO is legit and worthy enough for your money and time because you can spot a scam ICO through whitepaper reading.

bukikbarisan

Activity: 119

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 08:32:57 AM

It is advisable to read the information before investing in ICO, Actually I do not think that all the information that the founders found in their whitepapers is real, but basically I can observe the way they introduce their project. Usually I see the team behind the project to see his profile.
aliborn

Activity: 812
Merit: 181

Trading automation for BINANCE

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 11:49:27 PM

I try always read whitepapers. Because I learned many important things. Also during reading whitepaper you learn project mission, roadmap, business plan, team, future plans. This information help you to know about the project better
sadacoin

Activity: 145
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 06:35:44 AM

Well, each project's white paper will have different characteristics. You can read more about this project in more detail and read the white paper. You can also compare the difference with other projects. This is a way for you to quickly grow relevant knowledge.
Xioma

Activity: 168

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 06:37:15 AM

It should be essential, regardless of the project but not enough people actually take their time to read it all the way through and then complain that they were scammed or it didn't pay off.  Roll Eyes
busua

Activity: 129
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 07:48:57 AM

I think reading whitepapers is mandatory when you want to invest in any project. Good detailed whitepaper - most important for every ICO investor.
Well, if you are really interested in a project and want to invest it, reading a white paper is necessary because it contains a lot of important information such as project team, funding and technical support, road map.
carrymentality

Activity: 140

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 07:55:04 AM

reading whitepapers is a great source of information for new people to the cryptospace, alot of these concepts seem very not needed sometimes I recommend you new folks to read Mybit whitepaper it will definetely open your eyes to a few pockets of the blockchains usage with certain sectors of the cryptosphere.

Anybody else has a couple of informative whitepapers, that opened your eyes to a certain technology or undervalued market or just good information?
Im about to read deeponion's!

I am pretty sure that not many people read whitepapers. But those who do - they develop.
I usually skip all technological side cause I am not a tech guy, and concenrate on general idea, global vision (what project is going to achieve, which problem to solve), team, advisors and hardcap (plus % allocation to the crowdsale).
I see that today people used to follow influencers and have very little personal understading and expectations. Currently market ignores some great projects because nobody from influencers speak about them - everubody is looking for new ICO with X2-4 forgetting that there are old great projects that are ready to explode.

Unfortunately, I agree. Not very many people read the whitepaper because to them its just useless knowledge, or they treat it as "too" technical to read that, even if they did, they would not understand what's in it. However, I would always say that it's important to read the whitepaper because it's where the important information is about the project or coin you are investing in. If you are a really vigilant cryptocurrency user, then you would spend the time and effort to understand and learn what's in the whitepaper because it could help you determine if that project is for you or not. What's worse is that those people who didn't even bother to check the whitepaper always complain of joining failing or scam projects, when they brought it upon themselves.
george_hured

Activity: 644

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 08:00:20 AM

Reading a white paper today is a very rare occupation, because many people just do not read it, I made this conclusion, it seems to me that they just do not want to spend their time on it. Although of course this is their own business. It seems to me that this is a very productive occupation.
Morjana17

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

Alfa-Enzo:Introducing the First Global Smartmarket

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 08:04:22 AM

reading whitepapers is a great source of information for new people to the cryptospace, alot of these concepts seem very not needed sometimes I recommend you new folks to read Mybit whitepaper it will definetely open your eyes to a few pockets of the blockchains usage with certain sectors of the cryptosphere.

Anybody else has a couple of informative whitepapers, that opened your eyes to a certain technology or undervalued market or just good information?

You got it, that I am certainly sure that many people read the whitepapers for them to know what are the inputs about it and to know what are the happenings. Probably some did not know yet where to find informations. As of now whitepapers is a great source of data of the blockchains usage and the crypto's world too.

╭═══════════════════   A L F A ─ E N Z O   ═══════════════════╮
│   \▼/"Develop, standardize, protect, and promote" the AEF Ecosystem\▼/  │
╰════════════ FACEBOOKTWITTERTELEGRAM ══════════════╯
btcformula

Activity: 378

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 08:07:44 AM

it's a good idea to read the whitepaper and find out what the most is the coin for the most. If there is potentially a real and realistic world or another shitcoin, only the mission is to raise a lot of money and suddenly disappear
tianok21

Activity: 128

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 08:11:36 AM

Reading white paper is very important because all information you want to gather in one ICO is in there. Also white paper can tell whether the structure of ICO is strong and the vision and road map are realistic and achievable.
zhuiyongliang8

Activity: 210

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 08:18:28 AM
Last edit: March 21, 2018, 09:32:05 AM by zhuiyongliang8

The white paper is very important because you will know everything about the project there, but I'm sure not all of the participants are involved in the bounty and reading the white paper.

That's why some of us continue to be victims of fraud because they're too lazy to read.

We must read all the items we want to join in order to avoid deception.
rarg

Activity: 224

The revolutionary trading ecosystem

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2018, 08:22:57 AM

White Paper is a must read for an investor or be ready to lose your funds.  No investor should ignore a project's white paper as its the first source of information. My device is filled with white papers that I am even thinking of deleting some.

Not only for Investors, me as a bounty workers always read whitepaper when doing articles task.
Like OP said, reading whitepaper can give us great idea and new concept about cryptosphere.

winspiral
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1026

Free WSPU2 Token or real dollars

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2018, 08:28:20 AM

We know that one writes what one wants in a whitepaper...reading is good...but believing it is an other story.

aaacourt

Activity: 28

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 08:31:34 AM

I can agree with pretty much everyone in here that reading whitepapers is a must. A couple i read recently that interested me for different reasons were $TAY and NEX
roxbit

Activity: 294

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 08:36:53 AM

We know that one write what one want il a whitepaper...reading is good...but believing it is an other story.

For me reading the whitepaper is a must to know more about a project and if it is good and sellable. There you will have a quick look of the concept and design of the project that you will go into. Before you dive in you must have a little knowledge and you from there you will have an idea and it is your choice wither to invest or not. Most specially you need to know the people behind an ICO if they are legitimate and trustworthy. So, do not ignore the whitepaper because your money is at stake.
Revvo1

Activity: 272
Merit: 1

"simply getting the job done"

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 08:39:59 AM

Whitepaper is just too important to be read before anyone should throw in the towel of participation in any ICO no matter how promising it may be or the hype that may surrounds it. I just can't understand why some people have to start complaining before or after the end of an ico. For me I think if the whitepaper is being read and understood, then nobody should have any problem adjusting to even some slight changes that may comes in as the ICO proceeds.

Mycro Jobs
〈 SIMPLY GETTING THE JOB DONE ⟩
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »
  Print  

Jump to: