Bitcoin Forum
September 19, 2024, 04:35:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Reading Whitepapers  (Read 23744 times)
capableuwa1
Copper Member

Activity: 420
Merit: 26

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 09:39:30 AM

for investors who are looking for a good project, it is necessary to read Whitepapers . without this in any way
I have seen a lot of project in the crypto space that tends to deviate from their Whitepaper and this got me thinking if they were not the ones who actually wrote the whitepaper and publish it. They start a project and along the line they intend to build that own exchange to satisfy themselves. So i don't think investors put more emphasis in reading whitepaper but rather they look out for the bonuses attached to it and consider the amount the plan to invest.
Dpat
Copper Member

Activity: 798
Merit: 3

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 09:39:58 AM

Whitepaper is the main source of information of the private company that are coming with ICOs. This document is like the public sectors company IPO memorandum that is published before the initial public offer. A white paper is comprised with the detail company information and its nature of the business and many more to get a clear picture of the reason behind the fund pooling of the company. So, before investing in any ICO first of all read the company whitepaper.
kramchers

Activity: 854
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 09:40:59 AM

The importance of reading the whitepaper...

what is the project to be funded?
who are the member of the team and developers.
the roapmap of the project and their target.
how the team wants to manage the ICO and how they will be an impact to the world.
Correlll

Activity: 310
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 09:48:31 AM

It is a must for everybody. I cannot understand people that are contributing to an ICO with their own funds without any investigation of a project. The whitepaper is the most important document and it must be read.
shvetseu

Activity: 268
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 09:54:23 AM

As for me, whitepaper is the least reliable thing, that can be used for ICO estimation. Everything there can be a beautifull lie and nothing more.
BubbleBoiler

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 09:57:40 AM

Plutus, very similar to projects like Tenx or Monaco but they are achieving their crypto payments platform using a decentralized exchange rather than a centralized one so its far more secure. Aim is to let users spend at over 40 million+ stores worldwide using a crypto debit card or a tap & pay app. When you go in-store to make a purchase only the amount of crypto needed to make the purchase is exchanged into spendable fiat which then goes to the merchant. Exchange is done via their decentralized exchange. They've got a live beta version of their app with two of the core features available already (buying and selling crypto at zero fees), one of only a handful of projects to actually go from whitepaper to a working product.

Should check out there Telegram channel, the team are pretty active on there https://t.me/plutus_group
Awens

Activity: 168

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 10:15:31 AM

I don't have enough information in white paper right now. I want it to become more multifaceted and voluminous. I want to understand not only the essence and goals of the project, but also learn about all the details and possibilities
I agree that the white paper is not the be-all-and-end-all of the ICO papers, but it still contains a lot of material that is useful for potential investors. All the details and possibilities can be only figured out as the projects goes on the market.
yanesna3

Activity: 504

View Profile
January 30, 2019, 05:52:38 AM

I do not waste time reading white paper because there are many words that do not make sense and do not guarantee the safety of my money.
JohnMacZeppelin

Activity: 602
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 30, 2019, 02:26:03 PM

To be honest, I have not used such activities for a long time. Therefore, it seems to me that today there are real problems with this case. I think that we need to continue to read necessarily, because this is a necessary procedure.
MeongElek

Activity: 418

"simply getting the job done"

View Profile
January 30, 2019, 02:51:25 PM

As for me, whitepaper is the least reliable thing, that can be used for ICO estimation. Everything there can be a beautifull lie and nothing more.
I think the whitepaper is the link between the ICO project and investors, and this is very important. I cannot imagine, if the ICO project is not available a whitepaper. Because the ICO project without a whitepaper I make sure it's a scam.

Mycro Jobs                                                                                                                                                                                                   
| SIMPLY GETTING THE JOB DONE
⟩                                                                                                                                                     
                                                           ⟩⟩ Telegram ⟩⟩ Twitter ⟩⟩ Medium ⟩⟩ Github ⟩⟩ Instagram ⟩⟩ LinkedIn ⟩⟩ YouTube ⟩⟩ Facebook
Thomas-s

Activity: 1274
Merit: 500

Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network

View Profile
January 30, 2019, 02:55:39 PM

To be honest, I have not used such activities for a long time. Therefore, it seems to me that today there are real problems with this case. I think that we need to continue to read necessarily, because this is a necessary procedure.
I am always reading a white paper before investing money or entering into a bounty campaign. you need to  check at least if the project has a white paper at all

,gaaaaaaaagaaaaaaaaaaaaagaaaaaaaag,
           ,aP8b    _,dYba,       ,adPb,_    d8Ya,
         ,aP"  Yb_,dP"   "Yba, ,adP"   "Yb,_dP  "Ya,
       ,aP"    _88"         )888(         "88_    "Ya,
     ,aP"   _,dP"Yb      ,adP"8"Yba,      dP"Yb,_   "Ya,
   ,aPYb _,dP8    Yb  ,adP"   8   "Yba,  dP    8Yb,_ dPYa,
 ,aP"  YdP" dP     YbdP"      8      "YbdP     Yb "YbP  "Ya,
I8aaaaaa8aaa8baaaaaa88aaaaaaaa8aaaaaaaa88aaaaaad8aaa8aaaaaa8I
`Yb,   d8a, Ya      d8b,      8      ,d8b      aP ,a8b   ,dP'
  "Yb,dP "Ya "8,   dI "Yb,    8    ,dP" Ib   ,8" aP" Yb,dP"
    "Y8,   "YaI8, ,8'   "Yb,  8  ,dP"   `8, ,8IaP"   ,8P"
      "Yb,   `"Y8ad'      "Yb,8,dP"      `ba8P"'   ,dP"
        "Yb,    `"8,        "Y8P"        ,8"'    ,dP"
          "Yb,    `8,         8         ,8'    ,dP"
            "Yb,   `Ya        8        aP'   ,dP"
              "Yb,   "8,      8      ,8"   ,dP"
                "Yb,  `8,     8     ,8'  ,dP" 
                  "Yb, `Ya    8    aP' ,dP"   
                    "Yb, "8,  8  ,8" ,dP"
                      "Yb,`8, 8 ,8',dP"
                        "Yb,Ya8aP,dP"
                          "Y88888P"
                            "Y8P"
                              "

Free TON

PEER-TO-PEER MULTY-BLOCKCHAIN SYSTEM
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬TON SURF - OFFICIAL WALLET ▬▬▬▬

▄███████████████████▄
        █████████████████████
▄█████  █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
███     █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
██████  █████████████████████
███     █████████████████████
███████ ▀███████████████████▀
▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▀████
  ████▌                 ██ 
  ▐██▌                     
   █▌

TELEGRAM
FORUM
WIKI
vanya.pronin.1983

Activity: 378

View Profile
January 30, 2019, 02:59:06 PM

I cannot imagine something more important for a project as a well written and structured whitepaper. If you are reading a great whitepaper, you can be sure that the project is legit, but people are too lazy for doing this.
thesmallgod

Activity: 1498
Merit: 129

View Profile
January 30, 2019, 03:09:16 PM

well whitepaper can provide you informations regarding blockchain technology but you can not get an in-depth understanding of the technology of blockchain in the whitepaper. This is because whitepaper information are tailored to suit the objective of the project. There are many resourceful e-book about cryptocurrencies that do not only cover the blockchain technology but also will teach you the programming aspect of the cryptocurrency development. you can check some of the topics created by me to get lists of the ebooks
AgentZero23

Activity: 644

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2019, 07:59:29 PM

I don't usually read the projects whitepaper, I'm more interested in the development of the project. I like how the developers having conversations with the investors and participating in some blockchain shows. Product and partnership and the usability of the tokens in the real world are way more important.
chits

Activity: 560

View Profile
January 31, 2019, 06:59:41 AM

Texничecкий дoкyмeнт являeтcя нeoтъeмлeмoй чacтью иccлeдoвaния пpoeктa. Кoгдa я выбиpaю кoмпaнию для paбoты или инвecтиций, пepвым дeлoм пocлe пpocмoтpa caйтa и тeмы я пoдpoбнo читaю тexничecкий дoкyмeнт.
m.rifki

Activity: 517

View Profile
January 31, 2019, 07:03:34 AM

I don't usually read the projects whitepaper, I'm more interested in the development of the project. I like how the developers having conversations with the investors and participating in some blockchain shows. Product and partnership and the usability of the tokens in the real world are way more important.
I think everything you do has been explained in the whitepaper. if you read the whitepaper maybe you will get more clear and clear information. in fact many people are indeed not reading the whitepaper because they may be lazy, but actually all of that is important and very much information we can get from the whitepaper.

dutechman

Activity: 199
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 31, 2019, 07:21:38 AM

I am not a fan of reading white paper before, but recently I just discovered that I developed the interest in reading white paper of any bounty project I'm willing to participate in, it was then I discovered that white paper has a lot of information that can even help both bounty hunters and investors in decision making. It contains the problem identified by the project, ways of solving it, project developmental plans, information about the team and so on. Through the white paper one can actually see the plan of a project and analyse it yourself whether it is achievable or not. White paper is just loaded with a lot of information that can be of help.

P2PS TOKEN ▐ ▌ CREATING A WORLDWIDE NETWORK OF DIGITAL SERVICES
▰▰▰▰▰▰  BUY P2PS TOKEN!  [ SUBSCRIBE ]  ▰▰▰▰▰▰ (https://www.p2psf.org/)
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1003

View Profile
January 31, 2019, 07:22:26 AM

I do not waste time reading white paper because there are many words that do not make sense and do not guarantee the safety of my money.
Reading these lines can help investor to understand the process how project will solve mentioned problem. So no need to take pain if you are lazy. If you don't like scrolling though termins then ask a litepaper from team.
terible.hunter

Activity: 490

Bitfresh - iGaming with 90s UI

View Profile
February 02, 2019, 12:02:49 PM

Fewer and fewer people today really believe that cryptocurrency can and will rule the world. That we will be able to get away from such a system of managing people very soon. But still it will be. We must always read about what is all the same important for us.

Svelto

Activity: 686
Merit: 257

View Profile
February 02, 2019, 12:55:39 PM

Reading these lines can help investor to understand the process how project will solve mentioned problem. So no need to take pain if you are lazy. If you don't like scrolling though termins then ask a litepaper from team.

Totally agreed. I think if an investor has no time to read the whitepaper, he/she should at least read the light paper. Investing blindly without knowing what the project is about come with a big risk.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 »
  Print  

Jump to: