Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 06:59:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The highest risk/reward play this week - ZCL and BTCP  (Read 218 times)
allmeat27 (OP)

Activity: 378
Merit: 28

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 03:54:11 PM

For those unaware, ZCL is forking into BTCP on the 28th. ZCL holders get 1 BTCP for every ZCL they own. ZCL will dump incredibly hard post fork, so your profit is pretty much dependent on Bitcoin Private's opening price. If ZCL is $200 at time of fork, it means BTCP needs to open around $200 for you to break even. Technically no one knows what BTCP will open at, but going by previous trends, $300 seems like a low baseline, with $500 being reasonable as well.

Here's why this is a crazy play this week and why I'm personally pretty much all-in. Right now, ZCL is about $130, namely because Binance/Bittrex have not announced they are supporting the fork yet (which is not uncommon, Bittrex has waited as low as 2 days before to announce).

IF Bittrex announces support on the fork tomorrow, ZCL will easily moon 50% if not more. If they don't, you can either get out of the coin ASAP and maybe lose 10-20% or hold through the fork and take your bets on BTCP (which is what I'll be doing). You risk a relatively low amount of loss for a gigantic gain solely based on if they announce it or not.

With the market the way it is, this just seems like the correct play to me. The reward outweighs the risk so much. All it takes is one tweet that everyone expects to come (Bittrex not supporting it would be incredibly surprising).
BitcoinHodler

Activity: 1456
Merit: 579

HODLing is an art, not just a word...

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 04:24:54 PM

For those unaware, ZCL is forking into BTCP on the 28th. ZCL holders get 1 BTCP for every ZCL they own.
i wouldn't put it like that.
BTCP is a new coin that is doing an airdrop to both bitcoin and ZCL holders as far as i know. it is called "bitcoin" private after all Wink

If ZCL is $200 at time of fork, it means BTCP needs to open around $200 for you to break even.
that is only true if you assume ZCL is going to 0. but if for example it drops from $200 to $150 then BTCP has to only be worth $50+1 so that you get profit.

i liked the strategy though. i may even do it with a small amount. so thanks.

Holding Bitcoin More Every Day
natureltiqqy

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2018, 06:34:17 PM

I am very curious how much you will appreciate ZClassic coin next week. in fact it has risen to a very high level in the last 45 days. Like the nxt bifurcation, the 28th is a possibility and frightening.

witch

Activity: 616
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 06:46:16 PM

For those unaware, ZCL is forking into BTCP on the 28th. ZCL holders get 1 BTCP for every ZCL they own. ZCL will dump incredibly hard post fork, so your profit is pretty much dependent on Bitcoin Private's opening price. If ZCL is $200 at time of fork, it means BTCP needs to open around $200 for you to break even. Technically no one knows what BTCP will open at, but going by previous trends, $300 seems like a low baseline, with $500 being reasonable as well.

Here's why this is a crazy play this week and why I'm personally pretty much all-in. Right now, ZCL is about $130, namely because Binance/Bittrex have not announced they are supporting the fork yet (which is not uncommon, Bittrex has waited as low as 2 days before to announce).

IF Bittrex announces support on the fork tomorrow, ZCL will easily moon 50% if not more. If they don't, you can either get out of the coin ASAP and maybe lose 10-20% or hold through the fork and take your bets on BTCP (which is what I'll be doing). You risk a relatively low amount of loss for a gigantic gain solely based on if they announce it or not.

With the market the way it is, this just seems like the correct play to me. The reward outweighs the risk so much. All it takes is one tweet that everyone expects to come (Bittrex not supporting it would be incredibly surprising).
I think most of the pre fork gains already happened.

I would recommend not to buy into ZCL because of the fork. Very high risk in my opinion.
Sephire

Activity: 700
Merit: 136

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 10:00:15 PM

ZCL had a huge drop after Zencash fork so it may do the same after BTCP fork. Over longer term, the value of
 both coins is going to be higher anyway.
coinzoid

Activity: 476

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 03:37:46 PM

From my understanding ZCL Devs will switch to BTCP post fork. So, it should mark ZCL value very low at some point.
Blackyed

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 05:34:14 PM

I am taking it as a fork on BTC
jacaf01

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

The revolutionary trading ecosystem

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2018, 07:06:56 PM

I think the BTCP fork will be the sell the news thing, I don't see what will drive the price up after the fork has taken place, I just have a feeling one will be able to pick up some BTCP tokens on the exchange at a good price than the current ZCL price, I don't need to jump the FOMO unless one of the big exchanges announce they are going to list it after the fork

|
|
QRX|
|
QURREX - QRXTest MVP |Source
www.qurrex.com

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████
ETP_mining_pool

Activity: 65

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2018, 07:58:34 AM

HitBTC has announced they will list BTCP after the fork. Currently they do not list ZCL, so therefore you will not be able to hold your ZCL there during the snapshot.

Are you planning to mine BTC Private (BTCP)?? Join BTCP group and let’s do massive start.

Telegram group:

https://t.me/BTCP_Mining_Pool

If you ant receive only important updates and information about BTCP join channel.

Telegram channel:

https://t.me/BTCPrivate_Mining_Pool

site: http://btcprivate.pro

kingzpro

Activity: 756
Merit: 13

DIFX - Digital Finacial Exchange

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 08:17:26 AM

No doubt this fork has been the hottest topic at the moment in the crypto community, zcl will keep booming due to this and nevertheless btcp is also not a bad product, i assume it will grow big as well.

Juulke

Activity: 79

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 08:27:21 AM

Same tactics here, I bought a small amount ZCL in the dip to see what BTCP will do. I'm pretty confident the price of BTCP will be more than what I paid for ZCL. You never know, but stay positive y'all! Smiley
oxonhu

Activity: 336
Merit: 111

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 10:24:49 AM

Big dump is waiting for ZCL. Bittrex doesnt support ZCL fork until now !! BTCP will be listed an bad exchange ; Hitbtc.. That means ZCL will be around $20 or less in 2 days. it has already dumped and this will continue. BTCP is not something unique , there is Zcash better than BTCP. Maybe after few months btcp will be forked to than price will be pumped as ZCL but dont wait more ..

cryptor47

Activity: 252
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 10:48:36 AM

I'm sure BCP will be more like BitCoin Cash than any BTC fork that came after it.
I was mining to the donation pool for 3 weeks and I discovered today I don't have the private key for that specific wallet. Fail  Angry
gin113

Activity: 140
Merit: 14

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 11:24:01 AM

200$ btcp

20$ zcl
OhMyHolyToken

Activity: 98
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 12:39:41 PM

Cryptonia will support this fork?

They will give 1 BTCP for each ZCL? And for each BTC?

Thanks
witch

Activity: 616

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 09:09:44 AM

I think most of the pre fork gains already happened.

I would recommend not to buy into ZCL because of the fork. Very high risk in my opinion.
As already said to buy into ZCL right before the fork was a bad idea. It dumped hard as expected. I hope you all learned your lesson.
boraf

Activity: 315
Merit: 103

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 09:13:46 AM

ZCL suffered a lot of investors. The important thing is to take lessons from mistakes.
invisiblefriend321

Activity: 174
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 10:06:34 AM

learned my lesson
yet again !!!

online worthwhile fork is bitcoin cash -- only because i use to buy my mining farm ..Smiley

this time final lesson learned

yonton

Activity: 854
Merit: 262

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 12:26:47 PM

The only thing BTCP proves is how many people in crypto are retarded. If you didn't know that zcl was only bought up for BTCP than you shouldn't be in the crypto market.
fia_naila

Activity: 770
Merit: 258

The Standart Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 07:47:09 AM

I dont think you can make any profit from zcl now just because there is hard fork it does not mean the coin can goes up. Especially when the coin already goes too high above the real value also crypto market is on stagnan phase not like last year. My advice is too stay away from any pump and dump coin.

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████