Bitcoin Forum
July 02, 2024, 06:10:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I Received An Email From MyEtherWallet  (Read 1215 times)
kololo

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 07:11:07 AM

I got a lot of myetherwallet email before, as it says there are a update or airdrop to me with a myetherwallet link.

When I check the link carefully, it has less a 'l' as myetherwalet.

It is a funny scam!
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 07:13:30 AM
Last edit: February 27, 2018, 07:25:06 AM by carlisle1

This is a great example how great those god damn hackers now a days,they can access even those well secured site just to pretend being legit and have access to our account,wondering some users will appear to this thread crying as a victim of this scam action..lesson NEVER ENTER TO ANY SITES THAT LOOKS BEIN SUSPICIOUS or better never go any sites but only bitcointalk for security
enjotan

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 07:13:47 AM

chances are it's spam and like phishing is pasted by email.
yes, I often get spam from some airdrop that I have ever followed. mostly garbage and viruses. so be careful if there is delivery by email.
cryptogeek101

Activity: 798
Merit: 250

homt.net

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2018, 07:17:30 AM

I received an email from MyEtherWallet to claim some tokens of an airdrop I joined. Hovering my mouse over the link,  I discovered it's a link to another cgi scripted site.

Interestingly you don't create MEW wallets using email addresses.

Guys be careful and be vigilant.

Thank God you know because many who are ignorant about it have had their wallets hacked by these fools who don't want to work but reap from where they did not sow. People should be very careful the kind of links they click online before they get their Myetherwallet hacked. Thanks for this security information.

HOMT

Powered by,
Zveresk

Activity: 378
Merit: 109

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 07:22:11 AM

First of all need to bookmark myetherwallet and use only it. And always use Metamask. MetaMask never allow you to enter on phishing sites
Felimon

Activity: 238

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 07:39:39 AM

Myetherwallet will never sent email to announce any airdrop tokens, beware those scam email and dont click any link in those emails.
Stavri

Activity: 980
Merit: 276

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 07:44:47 AM

It is impossible  Cheesy. how can you reccieve an email from myetherwallet? did you give your e mail address during creating your wallet? How can they contact with you without requesting your address. It is just a scam for sure. Ignore it m8  Wink
PaPog

Activity: 126
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 07:49:31 AM

Really?
I haven't get any emails from MyEtherWallet (MEW) yet.
Even i already joined some aidrops, i still haven't get any email yet.
We really should be careful if the email request our personal information.
sabina2011

Activity: 102
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 07:50:55 AM

Thank you for information, it will help us be alert and be cautious in case the same thing happens to us.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion  ✔  Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency  ✔  TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️    ★    ✔ VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Aliya Taj

Activity: 226

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 07:55:35 AM

You were about to be scmed and can still be scammed if not careful, we are advise not to open such links for they might just be a hacker's way into your wallet and defraud you of your hard earned cryptos, be as careful as possible and report all these scammers.
SakinaPrincess

Activity: 217
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 07:59:26 AM

Its a phishing scam site, Be-careful guys while logging in your MEW.

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform  
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Get Free Airdrop Now!
susyoke

Activity: 196
Merit: 14

repme.io

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2018, 08:01:47 AM

I think it's just a scam. Just ignore that message.
Before you click any url from email check first the link. You can copy link address to address bar browser and surely it's right address.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ◯ ●     REPME     ● ◯ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
██    TWITTER    █ ▌  WHITEPAPER  ▐ █    TELEGRAM    ██
The new WEBSITE will be LAUNCHED on the 1st NOVEMBER
munareal

Activity: 644
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 08:01:57 AM

Be wary of emails you receive on airdrops . They are emails from scammers with phishing links. My ethereum wallet has nothing to do with airdrops. So be careful. Do not click on links from such emails.
TomUyamot

Activity: 504
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 08:03:01 AM

I received an email from MyEtherWallet to claim some tokens of an airdrop I joined. Hovering my mouse over the link,  I discovered it's a link to another cgi scripted site.

Thank you very much for this, mate. It is good that you are raising this instance here so that others may also be reminded that myetherwallet.com does not have any of our emails. When we made our accounts there, the site or online wallet did not ask anything from us except a password that the site would not even save. The same is true with our addresses and private keys. They generated them but they do not store them. Anything dubious that comes to our emails should be treated with utmost caution.
sehoon

Activity: 840
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 08:09:33 AM

Well, I think MyEtherWallet didn't sent you an e-mail. It is just from a guy who want to hack into your account. And also, be careful on the links you click because there is already a chance that information from your wallet like private key is already being gathered.

Xclusive5

Activity: 672

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 08:12:58 AM

Don't ever click any suspicious link you receive in your email its just the tools by the hackers to steal away your hard earn crypto assets. Be very careful because you will still get a lot of phishing scam from them.

Raymondavid47

Activity: 546
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 08:17:27 AM

I Received that mail too but I new right away that it was a scam. We don't use email address to open a myetherwallet account.
They are lot of ways to scam people and this is one of them, so it will be advisable if you don't even open the mail at all. You should delete it straight away.
kerpangan64

Activity: 100

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 08:21:50 AM

thank you for the information you have told me, I think I have experienced it and I have now lost a potentially very potent altcoin to me as much as 12k ERT (eristica).
Larochka

Activity: 196

The Future of Security Tokens

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 08:46:28 AM

It's better to be paranoid, and do not go by the links !!!  Especially MEV is not relevant to your mail.  I have friends lost so much money on MEV.  Perhaps now they will take security issues more seriously.

Tell me why they lost their money on MEW. If I only go to a fixed link in the browser, only on the official MEW page, I cannot be hacked? And I'm not using Windows, I am using MacOS

Gifolote

Activity: 308

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 09:36:58 AM

You should always be careful. There are a lot of scams, check links and files !
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: