Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 08:34:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I Received An Email From MyEtherWallet  (Read 1215 times)
Regar

Activity: 123
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 04:16:15 AM

i think sensitive site like wallet will never email you about any information they shares, and they will inform you on they site just like warning information about safety. so i guess people should be careful to any form of scam, and find a way to preventing such situation.
raguelFOG

Activity: 87
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 04:22:24 AM

I've never get that kind of email but I always make sure everything that related to my wallet to be safe and I have never visit any kind of different site that I usually visit. Be careful there is peoples who always trying to get our information.
bosimpson54

Activity: 271
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 04:34:52 AM

Myetherwallet or etherdelta will never emailed you about airdrops or aany other thing, thats just a phising attemps so you give them your private key or something like it and you end up losing money.
Yes, they will not send you an email about your notifications or related issues, there are now a lot of scams and stealing information from many investors. are developing and the forms of fraud are increasing and increasingly multi-forms, so we need to be very careful with the above tactics.
Prodigan786

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 04:44:05 AM

Yes its scam as you mentioned no where we are not giving any email address for creating Myetherwallet. There i slots of kind of messages am receiving . to stop this better not to participate airdrop and dont give your email address anywhere.
TradeCrypto

Activity: 237

Presale is live!

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 04:49:55 AM

I dint get nay mail like that till now stating myetherwallet apart from that am getting lots of Spam and scam mail asking private keys . Even some exchanges scam mail coming . So its better not to open any link and always clear browser history and cookies.

kayvie

Activity: 1022
Merit: 257

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 04:54:19 AM

I received an email from MyEtherWallet to claim some tokens of an airdrop I joined. Hovering my mouse over the link,  I discovered it's a link to another cgi scripted site.

Interestingly you don't create MEW wallets using email addresses.

Guys be careful and be vigilant.
that trick has been used a lot of times, so if you receive an email regarding airdrop, free coin, etc. dont click the link attached on that certain email to avoid being scam.
kimmy724

Activity: 143
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 04:58:51 AM

So many attempts to deceive MEW owner to response to those emails that subjects were about MEW . Be aware of its sender and usually they are not  legitimate so just ignore and don't click any link embedded on that particular email because it would lead a website that is under the influence of PHISING. They are fake and desigh to steal passwords.

sangalangdavid

Activity: 443
Merit: 100

https://streamies.io/

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 05:04:41 AM

Do not believe it and avoid clicking it because it is clearly a scam. Always remember that we have never put our email when we created our My Ether Wallet. It is very obvious that it was a scam so be careful everyone!

S T R E A M I E S -  Streaming in Anonimity  -  No rules
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●●     Whitepaper Released    ●● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DISCORD    -    BITCOINTALK    -    WEBSITE    -    EXCHANGE
h0lybyte

Activity: 924
Merit: 511

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 05:13:55 AM

Myetherwallet.com never sends an email that asks you to enter sensitive details, such emails are obviously from big scammers.
Some tips to avoid being scammed:  1. Never click a link recieved in email that states to be from myetherwallet, always enter the link url manually in address bar.
2. Do not save private keys in notepads, hackers usually try to theft your data from such storage places

bright4mech

Activity: 588
Merit: 18

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 05:53:10 AM

I have experience such thing and the link required private key, for me to claim the token, on airdrop, such situation is very bad to released private key. since then i have been careful.   
surfinonmyownwavebaby

Activity: 252
Merit: 104

Decentralized Ecosystem for User-Generated Content

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 06:48:12 AM

Another scam another day, here I am awaiting the day scam central stops happening....*waits patiently until death* Roll Eyes

R E O S         [   A BLOCKCHAIN-BASED ECOSYSTEM FOR USER-GENERATED CONTENT   ]     JOIN NOW!
Introducing REOSchain™   |  The blockchain that digs out the true value of social media content

WHITEPAPER                    TELEGRAM                     TWITTER                     LINKEDIN                     GITHUB
piterpie

Activity: 280

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 07:11:34 AM

It's just a scam.
There have been too many scams lately, and I've often seen twitter and telegram seeing EOS and various tokens Airdrop, but these are all scams.
I do not think that's a scam, if one day you get the message that you received money from where you joined the project you thought it was a scam, I'm not sure it's not a scam. Most people today are very skeptical about life, but I think they should be careful.
GFE

Activity: 336

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 07:26:29 AM

I received an email from MyEtherWallet to claim some tokens of an airdrop I joined. Hovering my mouse over the link,  I discovered it's a link to another cgi scripted site.

Yeah, it is necessary to be very careful concerning criptocurrency - there are a lot of fishing sites or other kind of fishing at present. Always check correct URL and do not open suspicious emails

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Get Free Airdrop Now!
Brunus

Activity: 585
Merit: 33

Rasputin Party Mansion

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 06:02:16 PM

Well, in this case the scam is so evident (MEW doesn't have your mail...) that is someone was so stupid to be scammed probably he deserves it.
Btw, cryptoworld is a real far west, there are scammers everywhere, and most of them are made by professional, so it's not so easy to detect them.
Rule #1: don't trust anyone.

●  ROC2  ●   We have successfully delivered STAGE 1   ● ━━━━━━━━━━ ━━━━━━━ ━━━━ ━━ ━
━ ━━ ━━━━ ━━━━━━  We now invite you to become part of PHASE2 expansion In Partnership With REDTUBE
● Telegram    ● Twitter    ● Facebook    ● Medium    [  ICO is L I V E !  ]   ━━━━━━ ━━━━ ━━ ━
cryptomarijuana

Activity: 182

Create Your Decentralized Life

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 06:07:55 PM

These airdrops are indeed doing shady businesses,that is why i dont really join airdrops when it is from unknown developers,better is to use a dummy email for these airdrops when you really want to joing these drops but i warn you because our email will receive a lot of referrals and phishing emals,fake emails most of the time,that is why you need to be more vigillant all the time.

PhucS

Activity: 742
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 06:41:37 PM

Thank you very much for providing this information. This is obviously a scam for appropriating the property of others. Myetherwallet does not require user to provide email when registering. Besides, be careful with the links in your emails, especially emails that we don't know because they may contain viruses.
maduranga

Activity: 196

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2018, 07:29:54 PM

It's not only for the MEW receiving emails that kind of mails getting tons of also from like exchanges the links going to fishing sites don't ever login with out double checking an link
Dakshkapoor

Activity: 294

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2018, 07:35:02 PM

These mail id can be made by anyone on any name like ,myetherwallet@gmail.com. These are the scams, MEW don't ask for the email id to do anything. Just be careful before taking any step because this can lead to hacking of your coins.

INTERNATIONAL TRADING PLATFORM ►One-click Export
     EXPORT ONLINE     
ANN  Whitepaper    Telegram    Facebook    Steemit    YouTube    Twitter    Medium
aalborg

Activity: 602

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 07:43:35 PM

Don't believe this bullshit, MEW just never send you e-mail, because you didn't enter it at the moment of registration and wallet creation. So, such a cheap method to influence on a human greed
TheFirstCreator

Activity: 392
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 08:12:59 PM

i have deleted my pasword from myetherwallet from my PC so now i have to make another one. Thanks God i have no any coin there..
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: