Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 04:59:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I Received An Email From MyEtherWallet  (Read 1212 times)
brkttlv

Activity: 896
Merit: 9

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2018, 08:20:16 PM

I received an email from MyEtherWallet to claim some tokens of an airdrop I joined. Hovering my mouse over the link,  I discovered it's a link to another cgi scripted site.

Interestingly you don't create MEW wallets using email addresses.

Guys be careful and be vigilant.

i also get the same e-mail. it was asking my private key to get my airdrop token. and the script really look like myetherwallet script. when you get an e-mail do not only read the subtitle check the sender and we really should be careful guys.
cryptamod

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 08:29:22 PM

Surely these airdrops are just collecting informations about us,emails and private keys shouldnt be provided to any of these airdrops because surely they will try to steal your coins,be vigillant search if you dont know something ask if you arent sure about you have researched so that the risk will be lessen,no airdrops should require emails,if they still require use dummies.

TWITTER ◣                                ☆ FLUX ☆                             ◢ WHITEPAPER  ◤   17 - 24
       WEBSITE ◣                    GAMING ECOSYSTEM                     ◢ MEDIUM                 April     
           TELEGRAM ◣     VALVE ✧ UBISOFT ✧ Origin ✧ GAMELOFT    ◢ FACEBOOK        Public Sale ◢   
Arngrim

Activity: 182
Merit: 13

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 08:33:28 PM

Well thanks to this forum it gave me the intelligence about this kind of attacks.
It had been known before and I stopped opening such links like that which are obviously scams.
It will be directed to the trash once I saw the title of the mail.
Yes, be very careful with this types of syndicates, they must be really hungry to do such things like this.

Better not open it from the start if you think it is not for you, dont believe too good to be true mails.

GIVING VALUE TO YOUR ONLINE VIDEOS                      DEVELOPED & TESTED PLATFORM ✔                 
( ( (   BUZZSHOW   ) ) )
                               whitepaper    facebook    twitter    youtube    telegram    |       JOIN TOKEN SALE     12th Feb 2018
yomarve (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 6

https://cryptotvplus.com

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2018, 08:39:08 PM

True. These airdrops are just collecting personal data to use for their malicious intents. Checking my mail again I discovered I have been bombarded with these emails again. It's annoying but we just have to be careful.

https://cryptotvplus.com
bulbolitobayagyag

Activity: 166

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 10:09:44 PM

That was a scam.,these airdrops shouldnt be asking any email addresses or private keys they are just collecting emails from the participants so if these people arent aware of phishing sites they will be stealing all of your coins.Stay away from the airdrops that will require you to send some coins before you get the tokens.

MIDEX ● BLOCKCHAIN BASED FINANCIAL PLATFORM
▬ with Licensed Exchange approved by Swiss Bankers and Lawyers
# WEBANN + BountyTelegramFacebookTwitterBlog # GET TOKENS #
muhdatha

Activity: 168
Merit: 11

Betrium 🎾 Worldwide Betting Exchange

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 10:22:12 PM

All of us have to be careful.
There are many guys who want to catch our money. And first they waits for our mistakes with our safety.
Click some strange links... fill pass on a phishings site etc

cryptomema

Activity: 224
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 10:41:06 PM

As far as i know ther are no airdrops should required any email addresses or private keys,do not participate with these airdrops but if you really want to risk go use dummy emails isntead of using your main email addresses so if they have sent some phishing email you will be more aware with that,i dont usually join these airdrops because i know there area posibility of hacks.

allycn

Activity: 420
Merit: 110

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 11:14:40 PM

Thanks for the warning. I rarely click on links sent over the email regarding accounts or anything (I normally go to the site myself and check the info beforehand. This may take a few extra minutes, but better safe than sorry), but it is still good to know what's happening.
drachman

Activity: 756
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 11:31:48 PM

I received an email from MyEtherWallet to claim some tokens of an airdrop I joined. Hovering my mouse over the link,  I discovered it's a link to another cgi scripted site.

Myehterwallet is never going to send you an email, first of all how do they got your email to begin with? The most likely reason is that you are the subject of a scam, do not open that email again, do not click in any link and if possible block the email sender and never open again an email like that or you will lose your coins and never see them again.
TaylorJ

Activity: 98
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 11:57:43 PM

I'm really tired of all these scams when is this going to stop. I get similar e mails from all over. Be careful mates. thank you for sharing your experience.

░|∙.Blend.∙|░
░|Blend, the all-in-one solution for cross-platform lending investments|░ (http://blendcoins.io/)[/cente
Creating N Action

Activity: 266
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 11:58:16 PM

No, can not accept the email from myehterwallet because it does not provide email ever. You are one of the victims of the scams once you accept that kind of email and if you provide a link. Do not accept immediately what we see in our wallet that causes a scam like that. Sometimes there is also a download sign on the side of the wallet but I found out that etherwallet did not update while you using it.

enawati

Activity: 574
Merit: 102

https://adonx.one

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 12:23:46 AM

I received the same email from EtherDelta but i know that just phising email because no email needed for Etherdelta aacount. Since my email publish it in spreadsheet of many bounty campaign i received many email from unknow people, so just becarefull.

biskitop

Activity: 686
Merit: 104

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 12:38:51 AM

Myetherwallet or etherdelta will never emailed you about airdrops or aany other thing, thats just a phising attemps so you give them your private key or something like it and you end up losing money.
yes, I also never received email from MEW or etherdelta. maybe it is phishing, you have to be careful because they want to steal your token / coin.
droptableguy2

Activity: 434

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 12:56:29 AM

Basically, Myetherwallet has nothing to do with email so it will not send you any mail. That means the emails you receive are not from MEW so be careful of those emails. I believe you should use additional antivirus software so that it will not affect your account.

adekogbe

Activity: 854
Merit: 21

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2018, 01:15:31 AM

Mew will never send emails to customers and I believe this is just another scam.
A lot of newbies will fall for it tho, but it always helps to install metamask on your browser I masks off phsing sites.

DmitriySar

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 11:15:32 AM

It is better not to click on the links that come to your mail. Try to be careful, the mistake can be quite expensive. Now there are a lot of scammers.
meldrio1

Activity: 1358

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 02:38:54 PM

It just like I received etherdelta warning in my email that someone login my etherdelta account, I smell scam in this email, etherdelta is not requiring email when you open your myetherwallet account. Scammer knows our email by joining shitty airdrop so be careful what you join in airdrop guys.

frendzona

Activity: 324
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 02:42:45 PM

It just like I received etherdelta warning in my email that someone login my etherdelta account, I smell scam in this email, etherdelta is not requiring email when you open your myetherwallet account. Scammer knows our email by joining shitty airdrop so be careful what you join in airdrop guys.
Very often I receive such letters. Even on those electronic addresses that did not shine for crypto currency. We just spam.
nikko14

Activity: 47
Merit: 7

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 03:03:59 PM

I have received that email too for many times its look like its a phising site.
Kurokyy

Activity: 448

LETS GO ADAB

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 03:18:10 PM

that is a scam, be careful everytime you are clicking and opening a website link.Double check it if its the legit one. Theres is a big chance for your wallet to be hack once you visit and put some info in the phising website.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: