Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 01:31:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I Received An Email From MyEtherWallet  (Read 1212 times)
Kilomans

Activity: 350
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 06:31:40 AM

Many scammers are scattered, especially those who say they are giving tokens. I know that myetherwallet does not give a token so we'll be careful because when you click the link you'll be taken to the site that will ask your private key where they will get all the tokens.
I think some poeple have already that bad expirience. Be careful guys . best of luck to avoide that
BigTeeths

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 06:39:59 AM

We will always see more attempts in the near future so I'm hoping that email addresses will also have high security features so these scammers/hackers can't  get our email address and send malicious links easily.
noorman0

Activity: 1764
Merit: 694

[Nope]No hype delivers more than hope

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2018, 06:53:32 AM

It's just a scam.

Myetherwallet will never send you an email about airdrops or anything else by E-mail.
really MEW does not ask for an email address either at registration or security verification. So be careful receiving this message.
I also received some with the title of MyEtherWallet message but the email source from the following address noreply@mail*od1*vtiger*com. I suggest blocking the sender's email address from re-sending the same. For Gmail users, please visit this address for how to block https://support.google.com/mail/answer/8151?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=en

This space for rent.
Available in mid January 2024 - PM me
snazir
Copper Member

Activity: 252
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 06:56:37 AM

They Will do Anything just to Scam as many as they Can.be vigillant search if you dont know something ask if you arent sure about you have researched, Especially those who say they are giving Tokens.because  for sure that is a propaganda of some people with an intention of having an access to your mew and get your Token. So be careful what you join in airdrop Guys.
wahyu wida

Activity: 826
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 07:24:37 AM

more phissing are made by hacker, this is one for excample, if you receive suspicious inbox, you better no open and follow that email.
ussualy they promote something are interesting, so that we follow them
panjay

Activity: 1079
Merit: 352

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 07:50:07 AM

nah dude never ever clicks directly any link that's given in ur email, unless you 100% sure it's from the official site. Recently I just got an email from bitmex who want to phishing me, man for a first glance you cannot notice that email was a phishing, you must read their header etc.
yomarve (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 6

https://cryptotvplus.com

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2018, 01:27:56 PM

These scammers are devising new tricks to scam us of our precious and hard earned money. These guys just don't get tired. I wonder how they live with themselves.

Wind_Crypto

Activity: 350
Merit: 36

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 01:32:45 PM

thanks for the info. we can only always try to keep one step ahead of the scammers. It's getting like 3 or 4 per wk nowadays, either in telegram or via emails. 
yomarve (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 6

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2018, 01:40:24 PM

Yea. Yesterday I had an encounter with one who was asking me to send my bitcoin wallet ID and password so that he can connect it to Antminer for me to be earning 1btc monthly.

Scammers!!!

ntrader

Activity: 264
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2018, 01:51:45 PM

I received an email from MyEtherWallet to claim some tokens of an airdrop I joined. Hovering my mouse over the link,  I discovered it's a link to another cgi scripted site.

Interestingly you don't create MEW wallets using email addresses.

Guys be careful and be vigilant.

they are scammers. Myetherwallet Never send any one any types of emails, please consider that when you wanted to open a ETH address for your self they do not catch your email address. be careful
paulus51

Activity: 616
Merit: 321

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 02:00:31 PM

There are a lot of scammers around the most popular sites. Naturally, they also focused on this popular site among others. It's also dangerous to use browsers, you need to be vigilant. Mirror sites with a changed letter in the name lead you to a similar page that essentially steals your personal data ...
jdeanne92

Activity: 392
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 02:06:35 PM

Becareful about those emails. I have also received that kind of email. And it was just a phising site. Scammers nowadays are doing all kinds of stuff just to steal from honest users.
aomakun

Activity: 1020
Merit: 253

JangaCams.com

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 02:14:09 PM

I received an email from MyEtherWallet to claim some tokens of an airdrop I joined. Hovering my mouse over the link,  I discovered it's a link to another cgi scripted site.

they are scammers. Myetherwallet Never send any one any types of emails, please consider that when you wanted to open a ETH address for your self they do not catch your email address. be careful

True, this is very dangerous for the security of your data especially if you make a mistake. Your ethereum data will be lost. This has happened a lot. Better ignore that email

█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████  ████
████████████████████▀▀  ▀████
███████████████▀▀   ▄▄███████
███▀  ▀██████     ▐██████████
██     █████▌       ▀████████
██      ▀▀███    ▐█▄  ▀██████
██               ▐███▄▄  ▀███
██▄  ▀▀▄▄▄▄     ▄███████ ▄  █
██████▄▄▄████████████████████

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
FREE CHAT

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
CaterpillarRave

Activity: 280

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 02:15:52 PM

I also received an email from MEW. And I assert it is a scam of someone. is trying to take my money Angry
RYXES

Activity: 140

Merit me or don't.

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 02:16:08 PM

I never given MEW my email address and they should never want it.

Merit me or don't.
Profuter

Activity: 210

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 03:16:05 PM

I've also received an email from website similar looking to myetherwallet, they were asking for my private key. These are phishing attempts to hack your wallets. Be safe guys.
When I was a beginner in this topic I almost fell for this trick. I received 200 messages in a row on mail that I need to change the password on the site myetherwallet. But then I remembered that the registration was not required to specify the mail and realized that it was a deception.
sujeewacrypto

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2018, 03:21:37 PM

MEW never email you because they did not get any email from us. Also better to bookmark original MEW site to identify fake sites. 
arakate93

Activity: 140
Merit: 3

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 03:35:39 PM

be careful, because my friend has experienced it and all the balance in his myetherwallwt is lost all taken by someone else, when the check in etherscan there is a transaction out, the possibility he got hacked account

💿💿💿💿💿💿💿 [ YOcoin ] A MODERN LANGUAGE FOR CREATING THE SMART CONTRACTS AND APPS 💿💿💿💿💿💿💿
https://www.yocoin.org/
PadenoM

Activity: 308
Merit: 106

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 03:37:18 PM

Wow, thanks for the tip, this kind of scam will grow more and more as there is more and more money involved, be careful everybody, first security breach are people.
pesorules

Activity: 182
Merit: 4

All the way up

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 03:42:26 PM

I received an email from MyEtherWallet to claim some tokens of an airdrop I joined. Hovering my mouse over the link,  I discovered it's a link to another cgi scripted site.

Thank you for posting this one on this sections it will really help those who will read this post of yours, it is a scam actually and I think it is a great way to make others, not only others but also me to be fully informed in these kinds of things.

AQUA™  《  REVOLUTIONIZING THE TRAVEL INDUSTRY  》  www.aquaintel.io
☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰◤      TOKEN SALE : MAY 7, 2018      ◥☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: